What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2019 (Spotify playlists in 1st post) (1 Viewer)

my RR of note...

IDLES (Seeing them tonight!)

sleaford mods

institute

####kid

the gotobeds

NE-HI

mikal cronin

tijuana panthers (was just wondering about them- sounded good)

flying lotus w/ anderson paak

wasuremono

clinic

plague vendor 

nots (new album- although I'm having deja vu, so this may have already come out... either way, excited about it)

and I've been waiting for months for something- anything- from 180db (the rhythm section from Savages) who put a single out last fall as part of their upcoming album... :crickets:

N0V3L hails from Vancouver and has a stupid name.  Their sound is post-punk like A Certain Ratio and Au Pairs from the late 70s or The Rapture's first couple albums around the turn of the century.  There are jagged guitars, a fat bassline and hiccupy vocals.  They race through eight songs in 21 minutes so at least the groove never gets tired.

To Whom It May Concern/Natural

decided to go retro today and listen to my catch-all playlist that I started in 2011- combo of new and old.

a Saul Williams tune from 2018 popped up. never really listened or dug beyond that... until now. this is great stuff. spotify has him similar to el-p, aesop rock and other alt/indie hiphop dudes. but I hear some TVOTR in there- he's not really rhymey, more spoken wordey but with some indie/electro heavier rock undertones. 

nothing 2019, but 2019 is when I've started discovering him

Eephus said:
N0V3L hails from Vancouver and has a stupid name.  Their sound is post-punk like A Certain Ratio and Au Pairs from the late 70s or The Rapture's first couple albums around the turn of the century.  There are jagged guitars, a fat bassline and hiccupy vocals.  They race through eight songs in 21 minutes so at least the groove never gets tired.

To Whom It May Concern/Natural
Digging this track. Thanks for the recommendation. As you probably know, dance/punk is right in my wheelhouse. 

just posted this in the concerts/live-music thread...

just got this news... some of you from the other music threads might remember that my non-IDLES favorite band is Parquet Courts and that floppinho- who I've linked playing music with his NYC chapter of School of Rock- was part of the kid's chorus doing backing vocals on one of the songs off their last album, Wide Awake ("death will bring change"). 

wife calls me (while I'm in the middle of a meeting) to tell me that the band wants the kids to sing with them in central park summer stage on june 8th. 

still in the working-out stages of it all- but would be pretty ####### great if this happened.

I know I’ve listened to Dommengang before but I can’t remember much about them. Their new one is a nice wooly desert rock guitar record. 

RR looks promising again this week:

Interpol

The National (album)

b boys

baroness

torche

yeasayer

stef chura

wu-tang (?)

JOHN (TIMESTWO)

gaz coombes

rainbow kitten surprise

mac demarco

Digging the Gaz Coombes single, what has this guy been eating lately?

I wasn't feeling it but the HIVES are back 

Last edited by a moderator:
gonna keep trying on spirit adrift because theyve been getting so much good press but its not hitting me yet

that lo-pan is really good. 

saul williams - you never saw slam?  that self titled was good but I lost track of him over the years

I woke up in 1978.  Nick Lowe has a new EP and Wreckless Eric released an album.  Two Stiffs alive.

Been waiting awhile for new stuff from The National and Operators.  Initial impressions on both are really good. 

Fiddles said:
gonna keep trying on spirit adrift because theyve been getting so much good press but its not hitting me yet
Haunt - If Icarus Could Fly came out today and it’s pretty good too. Thrashier, more ‘80s endebted than Spirit Adrift I’d say. 

Haunt - If Icarus Could Fly came out today and it’s pretty good too. Thrashier, more ‘80s endebted than Spirit Adrift I’d say. 
im a big haunt fan thx. that guy churns out tons of stuff between haunt and beastmaker

you know his dad played bass in montrose?

I've been checking these out..  I like Haunt's more classic, steady sound but Spirit sounds like they may have larger balls.  They'll both be on my workout radar!

How about State Faults.. these guys could have been buddies with some of the weirder screamo/post-punk bands from ~15 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread