What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best ball strategy - Graham more valuable? (1 Viewer)

BlueDredSo

Footballguy
My favorite league since I began fantasy football has been a best ball league with very limited rosters. Your best players count each week with the following lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, Def. You MUST and can ONLY have the following roster 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 Ks, 2 Defs.

Now, my strategy has always been to grab an RB in the 1st Rd because of the limited rosters, and I usually always have one of the best RB groups in the league. It has worked very well for me. However, I've noticed most years I'm usually seeking WR help midway through the season. I usually have 1 good, reliable receiver and the rest are all capable, but not every week reliable.

Now back to the point, is Jimmy Graham more valuable in a best ball format league? Because of the variability at WR is it the smarter play to go after Graham and an RB in the first 2 Rds and then focus on filling WR and RB until the later Rds? I'm leaning more towards this the more I think about it.

QBs are hugely devalued in this league because of the best ball format and variability at that position as well. Any of the Top 20 QBs in the league are capable of delivering a Top 5 performance from week to week, and having 2 good but not great QBs works very well rather than going after a stud early. I have always waited until the 5th or 6th Rd at the earliest to draft a QB, and most likely will wait until the 7th or 8th Rd this year. Heck, it might even be later than that.

Would I be happy with one of the Top 4 RBs or one of the Top 4 WRs? Sure. Oh, one more thing we draw cards at the beginning of the draft and based on the card you get you get your CHOICE of where you want to draft. So...should I aim for pick 9 and Graham? I have a feeling the Top 4 RBs and Top 4 WRs are going to go off the board 1-8, but stranger things have happened. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see someone draft Manning in the 1st Rd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread