What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Buy contest participants check in... (1 Viewer)

I think we may see a high score of 350 and top 70 cutoff of over 300 this week, with all the mulitple-TD games out there. I was in the low 200's, and T. Jones' 1 carry for 1 freakin yard didn't help me out at all.

I think I have a pretty decent week. Probably not a prize winner but a nice score either way.QB: Brees, CollinsRB: Holmes (x2), A. Green, K. JonesWR: D. Jax, Lloyd, R. GardnerTE: WittenK: J. Reed, L. TynesD: Cards (big goose egg I think)Should be over 250 I think.

Points last week: 170Points overall: 1543Rank last week: 26579Rank overall: 439 Pos Name Team Opp PointsQB Kurt Warner NYG at MIN 5QB Drew Brees SD OAK 38RB Shaun Alexander SEA CAR 40RB Fred Taylor JAC at HOU 2RB Brad Hoover CAR at SEA 2WR Chad Johnson CIN at TEN 6WR Andre Johnson HOU JAC 7WR Reggie Wayne IND at KC 31TE Chad Lewis PHI BAL 3PK Lawrence Tynes KC IND 9PK Billy Cundiff DAL DET 8D Cincinnati Bengals CIN at TEN 19Totals 170

Well, I scored a 279 this week. Last week that would have garnered an EA Video Game; however, given the high scoring this week I'm not so sure it's prize worthy.

QB Peyton Manning 86 x2QB Trent Green 30RB Thomas Jones 0RB Mewelde Moore 5RB Willis McGahee 31WR Rod Smith 31WR Brandon Stokley 3WR Nate Burleson 15TE Jason Witten 18PK Doug Brien 13PK Billy Cundiff 8D New York Jets 21Totals 261
Thomas Jones & Mewelde Moore. :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted 249... I had C Martin as my tag, and of course it is the Lamont Jordan show after half time... :)Good luck to you guys who posted 275+...Top score on the employee side was 314 this week...

:hot: I dropped friggin 279 this week good enough for 804th place LMAo!! If this had been the last few weeks I would have won something dammit!! :hot:

Haven't cracked the top 50 in any given week, but I've been pretty consistent so far. Up to #40 overall :D Rank Overall Last Week 40 1649 240

I had 242 last week. I'm particularly upset that I changed my QBs from Teste and Brees to Warner (I was aniticipating a shootout) and Byron L. Ugh. Still it was my best week...

Still pluggin my way up...Points last week: 233Points overall: 1673Rank last week: 5827Rank overall: 19 Like most this week I got killed by Warner...also not happy I dropped Key. Johnson for Boldin. Was hoping this would be the one week he would be cheap. . . . what was I thinking :wall:

I think I've got something big cooking this week, but I'm worried about what everybody else got. :boxing:

At mis 90's with Manning (tag), J. Lewis, O. Smith, M. Robinson, and Wayne to goAlready played:BreesMcAllisterKeyshawnWittenRackersCarneyArizona

Holy jebus, I havnt been putting much thought into my best buy teams so far this year and im finishing usually middle of the pack (low 200's each week) but this week I went for cheapo RB's strategy and listen to this team.Carson Palmer Dom DavisAnthony ThomasMichael PittmanMichael ClaytonIsaac BruceAntonio GatesEdingerGramaticaGiants D (had 5 sacks and 3 fumble rec's I believe)Im sitting at 222 points I believe right now. My team is blowing up. This is the kicker though, With my cheapo RB's and wr's (who all had great games) I was able to spend the rest of my cash on my last two players.Peyton Manning and Marvin harrison. Doubler on Peyton. (although debating putting it on marvin)If they blow up on MNF against the vikes I may well be sitting on something shiny coming in the mail. I cant believe my team, I didnt even realize untill i checked it just now.

Congrats to Sted and Caul on the great weeks :thumbup: - here's hoping that a FBG is hosting a Super Bowl party featuring his new big screen TV...

56th this week! Good enough for a 25$ gift cert.Wish i hadn't started the jet D :angry: Pos Name Team Opp Points QB Peyton Manning IND MIN 32 QB Drew Brees SD NO 30 RB Shaun Alexander SEA at SF 72 RB Michael Pittman TB KC 45 RB Onterrio Smith MIN at IND 19 WR Brandon Lloyd SF SEA 17 WR Isaac Bruce STL NE 15 WR Muhsin Muhammad CAR OAK 9 TE Antonio Gates SD NO 35 PK John Carney NO at SD 5 PK Neil Rackers ARI at MIA 6 D New York Jets NYJ at BUF 0 Totals 285 yellow flagged S. Alexander.

Gosh darnit, I ended up with 292 and came in 11th place for a brand new madden 2k5 (old one recently got stolen so that aint so bad). On the flip side, I was only 3 points from a new xbox, and if manning and harrison had hookd up just one time for a TD last night I would own a new 1000 dollar speaker system. Worst part is i forgot to submit a lineup one week so my overall ranking is terrible, even though iv done well each week. Man I really wish that first TD of last night went to manning instead of wayne, it turned out to be a couple hundred dollar difference. How did you do stedman? You had a pretty nice team going into last night and peyton and burleson came up big.

Gosh darnit, I ended up with 292 and came in 11th place for a brand new madden 2k5 (old one recently got stolen so that aint so bad). On the flip side, I was only 3 points from a new xbox, and if manning and harrison had hookd up just one time for a TD last night I would own a new 1000 dollar speaker system. Worst part is i forgot to submit a lineup one week so my overall ranking is terrible, even though iv done well each week. Man I really wish that first TD of last night went to manning instead of wayne, it turned out to be a couple hundred dollar difference. How did you do stedman? You had a pretty nice team going into last night and peyton and burleson came up big.
Congrats on the win, is this the best (prize wise) showing we have had from a FBG?

That's pretty durn impressive. I'm curious what I got. I know it's not THAT good though. I had Brees and Manning x2 this week, with Antonio Gates, but my others were kinda ho-hum. I went heavy on Viking/Colt players, thinking it would be a huge shoot-out. And though the score was decent, I probably didn't get the points I would have liked.

Caul, there's a good chance that many people ahead of you had Manning and Harrison as well. Looks like you would have had to leap frog 13 people....

QB1: D. McNabb, PHI $29 at DAL 0 QB2: D. Carr, HOU $24 at IND 0 RB1: P. Holmes, KC $44 at NO 0 RB2: W. Dunn, ATL $15 vs TB 0 RB3: O. Smith, MIN $15 at GB 0 WR1: R. Wayne, IND $22 vs HOU 0 WR2: T. Holt, STL $21 vs SEA 0 WR3: M. Robinson, MIN $11 at GB 0 TE1: T. Gonzalez, KC $19 at NO 0 PK1: S. Graham, CIN $14 at WAS 0 PK2: G. Anderson, TEN $12 vs CHI 0 D1: C. Bengals, CIN $12 at WAS Salsburry :bag:

QB1: D. McNabb, PHI $29 at DAL 0 QB2: D. Carr, HOU $24 at IND 0 RB1: P. Holmes, KC $44 at NO 0 RB2: W. Dunn, ATL $15 vs TB 0 RB3: O. Smith, MIN $15 at GB 0 WR1: R. Wayne, IND $22 vs HOU 0 WR2: T. Holt, STL $21 vs SEA 0 WR3: M. Robinson, MIN $11 at GB 0 TE1: T. Gonzalez, KC $19 at NO 0 PK1: S. Graham, CIN $14 at WAS 0 PK2: G. Anderson, TEN $12 vs CHI 0 D1: C. Bengals, CIN $12 at WAS Salsburry :bag:
Anyone think you'd see Holt for less than Wayne, ohhh about 5 weeks ago?I definitely took advantage this week.

This is probably obvious to all, but don't hit the update button after games have started . . . I was checking out the JLewis price, and hit update to make sure I didn't actually change anything, and it looks like all my players are messed up (no 1pm players listed at all). I selected a bunch of 4pm or later players but so much for all the hard work earlier this week. :bag: As far as Lewis goes, great deal, and I hope a lot of people used it, as I don't think he is going to have a big game this week. I saw it, and decided not to use it. I'm trying a different strategy this week.Mike

Yep. I certainly saw that and got Jamal.Too bad though, I wish I would've played Martin...Oh well at least I played Martin in my money league..

This is probably obvious to all, but don't hit the update button after games have started . . . I was checking out the JLewis price, and hit update to make sure I didn't actually change anything, and it looks like all my players are messed up (no 1pm players listed at all). I selected a bunch of 4pm or later players but so much for all the hard work earlier this week. :bag: As far as Lewis goes, great deal, and I hope a lot of people used it, as I don't think he is going to have a big game this week. I saw it, and decided not to use it. I'm trying a different strategy this week.Mike
Yeah same here. I ended up having to switch my early guys I had picked to later guys because they disappeared and then was unable to put them back in my lineup because the time was too late. YOU GOTTA LOVE FANBALL!! :hot: :censored: :wall:Edited for spelling

Had a few stinkers this week, and with all the high football scores, I doubt I'll even crack the top 1000, but I managed to field about 2/3 of a great team :D

QB1 Peyton Manning 37x2 = 74pts

QB2 Daunte Culpepper 36pts

RB1 Edgerrin James 9pts

RB2 Derrick Blaylock 31pts

RB3 Deuce McAllister 22pts

WR1 Eric Moulds plays tonight

WR2 Joe Horn 26pts

WR3 Johnnie Morton 5pts

TE Jermaine Wiggins 19pts

PK1 Josh Scobee 5pts

PK2 Neil Rackers 6pts

D Bengals 24pts

TOTAL=257pts w/ moulds to go

Had a few stinkers this week, and with all the high football scores, I doubt I'll even crack the top 1000, but I managed to field about 2/3 of a great team :D

QB1 Peyton Manning 37x2 = 74pts

QB2 Daunte Culpepper 36pts

RB1 Edgerrin James 9pts

RB2 Derrick Blaylock 31pts

RB3 Deuce McAllister 22pts

WR1 Eric Moulds plays tonight

WR2 Joe Horn 26pts

WR3 Johnnie Morton 5pts

TE Jermaine Wiggins 19pts

PK1 Josh Scobee 5pts

PK2 Neil Rackers 6pts

D Bengals 24pts

TOTAL=257pts w/ moulds to go
How did you manage those players with the cap??Delhomme

Carr

Blaylock

O Smith

Alexander

Plax

Mush

Walker

Gonzo

Brien

Kasay

Rams

How did you manage those players with the cap??
Blaylock was a big part of it, as well as mid-level WR's, a semi-cheap TE, cheap K's and cheap DEF..too bad Edge didn't get a TD...about the only player that wasn't worth the $ :(QB1 Peyton Manning, IND $40 QB2 Daunte Culpepper, MIN $36 RB1 Edgerrin James, IND $31 RB2 Derrick Blaylock, KC $11 RB3 Deuce McAllister, NO $34 WR1 Eric Moulds, BUF $18 WR2 Joe Horn, NO $19 WR3 Johnnie Morton, KC $11TE Jermaine Wiggins, MIN $9 PK1 Josh Scobee, JAC $6 PK2 Neil Rackers, ARI $13 D Bengals $12

QB1 Tim Rattay, SF  $20 vs CAR 16QB2 Peyton Manning, IND  $40 vs HOU 37 RB1 Shaun Alexander, SEA  $43 at STL 17RB2 Deuce McAllister, NO  $34 vs KC <-- tagged 45RB3 Jamal Lewis, BAL  $5 at NYJ 7WR1 Donald Driver, GB  $16 vs MIN 2 WR2 Andre Johnson, HOU  $30 at IND 5WR3 Isaac Bruce, STL  $23 vs SEA 10TE Jermaine Wiggins, MIN  $9 at GB 19PK1 Ryan Lindell, BUF $6 vs NE 0PK2 Jeff Chandler, STL  $5 vs SEA 0 D Colts  $9 vs HOU 47Hm, If my calculations are right:about 205??

Do punt returns count as defensive? (Chicago Bears) If so, I'm at 178 with Westbrook and a tagged TO. Doesn't look like it's good enough though.

Points last week: 234

Points overall: 1982

Rank last week: 6110

Rank overall: 296

BTW, Did you see the high score for the week?

Holy crap!

And to top it off, the winner was a woman or at tleast had a woman's name.

Also just realized that the person in first place in overall points has been averaging 260.8 points per week.Thats just crazy!

Came in at 286, good for 370th place.Owens with tag and the big night. Harrison killed mePos Name Team Opp Points QB Brett Favre GB MIN 29 QB David Garrard JAC DET 21 RB Brian Westbrook PHI at DAL 21 RB Onterrio Smith MIN at GB 13 RB Derrick Blaylock KC at NO 32 WR Terrell Owens PHI at DAL 88 WR Marvin Harrison IND HOU 2 WR Koren Robinson SEA at STL 5 TE Jeremy Shockey NYG at ARI 12 PK Josh Brown SEA at STL 14 PK Matt Stover BAL at NYJ 9 D Chicago Bears CHI at TEN 40 Totals 286

Users who are viewing this thread