What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Buy contest participants check in... (1 Viewer)

Points last week: 205Points overall: 1676Rank last week: 15391Rank overall: 10936 Tagged Blaylock instead of Owens...oh well...

Points last week: 241Points overall: 1428Rank last week: 4754Rank overall: 24837My overall rank is a little low cuz I haven't done it every week. Meh...

Here's a dumb question-- what does it take to get into the top 100? Basically a perfect lineup with 1 blurp somewhere? For example not having Manning, but say having Farve instead this past week, but the rest being a "perfect" lineup?

Argh I had 300pts which put me at 141st rank for the week. Moving on up the overall rank though. My lineup looked like this:Pos Name Team Opp Points QB Brett Favre GB MIN 29 QB Donovan McNabb PHI at DAL 34 RB Deuce McAllister NO KC 22 RB Domanick Davis HOU at IND 35 RB Derrick Blaylock KC at NO 32 WR Terrell Owens PHI at DAL 88 WR Koren Robinson SEA at STL 5 WR Nate Burleson MIN at GB 25 TE Tony Gonzalez KC at NO 7 PK Rian Lindell BUF at NE 0 PK Josh Scobee JAC DET 5 D Tampa Bay Buccaneers TB at ATL 18 Totals 300 Obviously a tagged TO was big. I will win a TV, I will win a TV.... :rant:

Had my best week so far. Up to #20 overall ;) QB Peyton Manning IND HOU 37 QB Aaron Brooks NO KC 25 RB Shaun Alexander SEA at STL 17 RB Fred Taylor JAC DET 16 RB Derrick Blaylock KC at NO 32 WR Terrell Owens PHI at DAL 88 WR Eddie Kennison KC at NO 22 WR Marcus Robinson MIN at GB 3 TE Dallas Clark IND HOU 30 PK Rian Lindell BUF at NE 0 PK Josh Scobee JAC DET 5 D Arizona Cardinals ARI NYG 18 Totals 293 Rank Overall Last Week 20 2112 293

Does anyone here have thoughts on Kerry Collins for $5 this week? Not quite as big a deal as Jamal Lewis for the same price last week (which I missed), but Collins still could be a good fill-in to allow for a lot more cap space elsewhere. (Especially with no penalty for INT’s).

I'm at 206 with Blaylock tonight not looking like it's my weekQB- Daunte Culpepper- 22QB- Michael Vick- 19RB- LaDainian Tomlinson - 26RB- Reuben Droughns - 56RB- Derrick Blaylock - WR- Torry Holt STL - 19WR- Andre Johnson - 10WR- Amani Toomer - 2TE- Jermaine Wiggins - 12PK- Paul Edinger - 6PK- John Carney - 7D- Indianapolis Colts - 27 206

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, that's way better than meQB- Peyton Manning - 28QB- Drew Brees - 24RB- Emmitt Smith - 2RB- Curtis Martin - 8RB- Reuben Droughns - Double tagged - 18 x 2 = 56WR- Jimmy Smith - 2WR- Micheal Clayton - 6 WR- Nate Burelson - 15TE- Dallas Clark - 1PK- Neil Rackers - 2PK- Jay Feely - 2D- Indianapolis Colts - 24 total 170

236 this week and up to #12 OVERALL!!! :shock: 12 phillyblood 2348 236 Here's how you are doing for the season 12 2348 236 QB Brett Favre GB at HOU 21 QB Drew Brees SD at OAK 24 RB Corey Dillon NE at KC 62 RB Curtis Martin NYJ at CLE 8 RB Brian Westbrook PHI WAS 30 WR Terrell Owens PHI WAS 12 WR Donald Driver GB at HOU 24 WR Eddie Kennison KC NE 29 TE Jeb Putzier DEN at NO 3 PK Josh Scobee JAC TEN 8 PK Ola Kimrin WAS at PHI 6 D Atlanta Falcons ATL at NYG 9 Totals 236

Curious, has anyone received any prizes yet? I won a Madden game several weeks ago, and aside from the e-mail notification, I haven't heard or received anything.

QB Drew Brees SD at OAK 24 QB Donovan McNabb PHI WAS 31 RB Corey Dillon NE at KC 62 RB Reuben Droughns DEN at NO 29 RB Derrick Blaylock KC NE 9 WR Andre Johnson HOU GB 9 WR Ashley Lelie DEN at NO 17 WR Keenan McCardell SD at OAK 9 TE Dallas Clark IND at CHI 1 PK Kris Brown HOU GB 9 PK Martin Gramatica TB SF 5 D Seattle Seahawks SEA MIA 34 Totals 239 And i thought I might have had a chance to place :wall: damn Dallas Clark and Blaylock!!!

Anybody tag Marvin or Peyton so far? I have Marvin but didn't tag him.
Sure wish I had played and tagged Marvin. My WR's this week are TO, A. Johnson, and Kennison. I started Peyton this week, but I already used his tag a couple weeks ago. That 84pts from Marvin sure would look good to start off the week with :wall:

Hm, can I still change my roster?I can't do it.I know I can't play any of the players that already played, but I can't edit my team.I was trying to put Duce Staley into the lineup but it said something about the player being locked?Anyone know?Thanks

Hm, can I still change my roster?I can't do it.I know I can't play any of the players that already played, but I can't edit my team.I was trying to put Duce Staley into the lineup but it said something about the player being locked?Anyone know?Thanks
You can't edit your roster from the home page for some reason. I ran into the same problem when I found out that Ola Kimrin had been released by the Skins and I needed to get me another cheap PK. To edit you have to go into the "player listing" page. The link is at the top of the home page. You can edit Sunday players that way.Good luck

I tagged Manning this week. Hopefully everybody has used up his tag by now!? I feel fairly good about my team that is yet to go also. I had Stokley also, but picked Wayne instead of Harrison (grrr... same cost this week)We'll see.Mike

Looks like a good week so far. Took Manning, Harrison & Stokley. Just hope the rest of my team comes close to their performance. Best I've done so far is 96th back in week 3.

Didn't have Manning this week, how long can he keep it up? Originally had Stokley but because of '0' last week switched him out. Tried to put Harrison in but the game had started already. Did have Julius though. If you had Manning, Harrison, and Stokley you are off to a good start.

So far I've had J Jones, P Manning, and B Stokley. Don't want to get my hopes up though, because I have in the past and finished way worse then I thought I did. Oh what the heck lets celebrate... :banned:

I tagged Manning & also had Stokely & Hanson.By my calculations, thats around 121 points so far. Now I just need big days from Brees, Dunn, MaGahee, Dunn, C. Taylor, T.O., Rod Smith, Wiggins, D. Brien & the Texan D.

I have 6 players to go and Plummer as my tag player and I already have about 160 points so hopefully i can make a push for 300 after the night game.

OK so who had any of the following players (from the CLE/CIN Offensive Juggernauts)K. Holcomb 30/39 413 5TDs A. Bryant 8 131 2TDsS. Heiden 7 82 3TDsC. Palmer 22/29 251 4TDsR. Johnson 26 202 2TDs T. Houshmandzadeh 4 79 2TDs :eek: MikePS. I didn't have any, although I almost put T. Houshmandzadeh in in my Dynasty league and am :wall: myself now.

Anyone else get locked out of changing Patriots this morning? I had Branch at $5 and the D at $22, and both were locked at 10 this morning. Anyone know why?

Anyone else get locked out of changing Patriots this morning? I had Branch at $5 and the D at $22, and both were locked at 10 this morning. Anyone know why?
I had it happen with C Taylor. Saw early this morning that O Smith was getting the start for the Vikes so I was going to put him in instead but couldn't because they locked C Taylor already. This Best Buy thing is really cool, but it has had its share of problems. A couple weeks ago I put in mt lineup and when I went to check it out Monday they were all blank. I sent them an email and they said they knew about it, but never fixed it.

233 with 2 guys to go and 1 of them is my tag. C Taylor killed me which I'm sure he did to many others. He was my lowest scorer including kickers.

I am currently at 234 points scored with 2 players to go, one of which is my double points guy. Here was my lineup:Manning-39Plummer 2x- still to playBettis- 22Pittman- 35Mcgahee- 53R. Smith- still to playC. Johnson- 21Clayton- 7Gates- 29Lindell- 8 Mare- 8New Orleans- 12I have a feeling though that this is one of those weeks where a lot of participants are gonna score high.

I had it happen with C Taylor. Saw early this morning that O Smith was getting the start for the Vikes so I was going to put him in instead but couldn't because they locked C Taylor already. This Best Buy thing is really cool, but it has had its share of problems. A couple weeks ago I put in mt lineup and when I went to check it out Monday they were all blank. I sent them an email and they said they knew about it, but never fixed it.
I was locked out from changing McCardell on Saurday. I sent an email to Best Buy and they responded saying that I could make the changes from the "Player Listing" tab. I did that and it worked fine at about 12:30 on Sunday. I didn't realize that page existed.289 + Favre (added wrong 1st time). I have a feeling scores will be high again. 325 has won some form of big screen in 9 of 11 weeks and 1st in 6 of 11.

With McGahee, Manning, Holcomb, R. Johnson, etc. I'm thinking it's a very high scoring week. At this point, I'd be happy just winning $25 gift card. My score would have me in the money 9 out of 11 weeks (enough to win the top prize several times) I'm guessing out of the tens of thousands that play every week, many had McGahee tagged. That's 100 points. After that, it's just who you had to compliment him.

I think I have 316 points so far with FAVRE yet to go.Here is my lineup:Favre = ?Vick = 68 (tag player)Droughns = 19Rudi Johnson = 40Pittman = 36Harrison = 42Stokely = 35S.Moss = 20Crumpler = 20Carney = 8Cundiff = 3Cinci = 25-------------316Do I have a shot at a prize?

305Vick 2x 68Favre 23Pittman 35J. Jones 35W. Green 18Bruce 27Walker 11Driver 18Gates 29Carney 8Feely 5Cinci 25 :wall: If only I could have gotten Harrison in. I had T.O. but the weather was supposed to be bad so I tried to switch him for Harrison but the stupid 12:30 game had already started!Looks like the scores will be high, good luck everyone!

blah251pts WRs did CRAP. Branch Kennison and Ward :( I had McGahee in at one point but replaced him with TJ :wall: 78 from Manning as my tagged guy though

I was able to win an XBOX back in week 9 with a total of 296. Haven't come close to winning anything since then. :cry:
Did you get that XBox or any notification of when you'd get it?I'm still waiting on my Madden game.And did anyone notice in the overall rankings, the top guy r1cket has 13811785 points. He must be good! :eek:

Points last week: 271Points overall: 2126Rank last week: 2919Rank overall: 6692 My best week yet, even with McCardell, Thomas Jones, and Travis Minor (last minute Staley replacement for $9..) oh what could have been....

I think I have 316 points so far with FAVRE yet to go.Here is my lineup:Favre = ?Vick = 68 (tag player)Droughns = 19Rudi Johnson = 40Pittman = 36Harrison = 42Stokely = 35S.Moss = 20Crumpler = 20Carney = 8Cundiff = 3Cinci = 25-------------316Do I have a shot at a prize?
I ranked 30th this week (10th place) with 339 points. I won a Madden game.7 more lousy points and I would have won a XBOX.

I was able to win an XBOX back in week 9 with a total of 296. Haven't come close to winning anything since then. :cry:
Did you get that XBox or any notification of when you'd get it?I'm still waiting on my Madden game.And did anyone notice in the overall rankings, the top guy r1cket has 13811785 points. He must be good! :eek:
Still waiting on the XBOX but the email notification said 4-6 weeks. Email also said : Warning: In accordance with the Official Rules, if you do not provide a current address and daytime phone number within seven days of the date and time this e-mail notification was sent, your prize will be forfeited, and awarded to an alternate winner in a Second Chance Drawing.Even if you believe that you’ve provided this information in the past, please double-check the accuracy of your information.Even though I already had this info in my profile, I still went back and hit update. Don't want to get screwed out of my prize! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread