What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

best host site for Fantasy? (1 Viewer)

carsonsig

Footballguy
Me and some buddies run a semi friendly league :thumbup: and are looking for a new site.

good draft, customization, live scoring etc.... and just one that WORKS, no crashing, no BS, and cant be too much $$$..

any suggestions???

thanks!

This is an excellent place to go if you want a fully customizable league that's cheap and looks like crap. Heard folks run into live draft and scoring issues last year. But, you want to run your league without paying much for it, this is the place to go.Whatever you do, don't let anyone steer you towards Fanball, though. They are the absolute worst out there in terms of reliability and support.

Use RTSports and Myfantasyleague -- bot hexcellent sites and worth every penny.

have heard good things about felaflicker but never played there.

FWIW, I am going into my fifth season as commish of a league on Fanball.....outside of week one, never have had any issues. To each his own though.

This is an excellent place to go if you want a fully customizable league that's cheap and looks like crap. Heard folks run into live draft and scoring issues last year. But, you want to run your league without paying much for it, this is the place to go.Whatever you do, don't let anyone steer you towards Fanball, though. They are the absolute worst out there in terms of reliability and support.
MFL is the way to go IMO. Spent many years on CBS and at the start of last season we finally had enough. As for the MFL sites looking like crap... couldnt disagree more. IMO I have not seen a better looking site that wasnt associated with MFL or FFLM. You can make the site look as good as you want. Dont believe people when they tell you that you need to be a programmer either. With the new templates and skins you can have almost any look you want.

i have been using CBS for 2 dynasty leagues for the past 10 years and would not use any other site.

But I am looking for a good, cheap site for a new redraft. thinking about using MFL. CBS is to high for a redraft, $130 :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
free or pay site?

i've been using www.synsport.com for the past 2 years. pay site, great support, great customization options. check my sig for my two leagues.

We have used Statsworld for years. Very flexible scoring - we use Run Defense, Pass Defense and Special teams.

We do our own drafting and then I load it, but never have problems with scoring.

live updates work every weekend too.

we use rtsports for two of my leagues- always been a good site and their customer service is quick to respond to e-mailed questions. They have added all the functions I have 'wanted' over the last couple of years. So, I am happy with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Fanball.com

We've been with Fanball and used their Commissioner for several years. Good product for very good price. Ultimate customization (rivalry trophies, league history, division trophies, etc). The down is their live stats can sometimes be off for defenses, but everything else has been OK.

i just started to glance around at the fleaflicker.com site and it looks pretty cool. it's free and appears to offer a decent amount of options. who else has used this site and what is your experience with it?

TIA

i was just trying to set up a free trail league on MFL. I find it to be commissioner unfriendly. I find CBS commissioner features to be easier to use

My league has used one I never see mentioned here. It's been great for us - tremendous tech support and always improving year to year - Webleaguemanager.com.

the features they claim on their site look good, does it live up? the price is right.
We've used MFL for many years (as have many here) and we've been incredibly happy...delivered everything we've expected and more...

MFL is the way to go IMO. Spent many years on CBS and at the start of last season we finally had enough. As for the MFL sites looking like crap... couldnt disagree more. IMO I have not seen a better looking site that wasnt associated with MFL or FFLM. You can make the site look as good as you want. Dont believe people when they tell you that you need to be a programmer either. With the new templates and skins you can have almost any look you want.
:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: MFL owns. Joined last year and moved all 3 of my leagues there. If you tinker with your site a bit it can look FANTASTIC! Plus it's totally customizable.

MFL is my favorite, but your commissioner has to be willing to spend some time making it look nice. It's not hard to do and there are plenty of resources to help you along, but it does take at least an hour or so to get things situated. If you aren't willing to put in that effort, then MFL might not be for you.

we use xpertsports.

It has a unique feature which allows for teams to use formations.

We allow the home team to mandate the formation so that the visiting team must use the same formation.

This allows a home to play 1RB and 4 WR thus neutralizing a team that has stockpiled RBs.

We allow 5 different formations

We have used Statsworld for years. Very flexible scoring - we use Run Defense, Pass Defense and Special teams.We do our own drafting and then I load it, but never have problems with scoring.live updates work every weekend too.
Awful site, I am still trying to find out how my commish even found it. Customer support is not good and live scoring is not really live, I had to count scores at the end of week to see if I won or wait until Tues. My commish finally moved it this year... to C.....B.......S :goodposting: Never played there but I don't like what I am reading.Also, I am a commish of a 2nd year league and am going to try MFL. It was a little confusing to set up, but I think I am going to like it when it's done. We shall see.Lastly, my other league uses ESPN pay league. It's actually not bad. You get to be an insider for free(decent reading material at least) and had never had any problems.

I like rtsports the best. mfl is good too

i just started to glance around at the fleaflicker.com site and it looks pretty cool. it's free and appears to offer a decent amount of options. who else has used this site and what is your experience with it?TIA
bump - curious to hear some testimonials on this site. it appears to be very nice for a free site.

I've been using rtsports.com for years with no complaints. Their customer service is excellent -- they've always answered my questions within 24 hours.

we use rtsports for two of my leagues- always been a good site and their customer service is quick to respond to e-mailed questions. They have added all the functions I have 'wanted' over the last couple of years. So, I am happy with them and would recommend them to anyone.
they used to be good, but their refusal to update their pos draft feature means they will never get another penny of my money...

This is an excellent place to go if you want a fully customizable league that's cheap and looks like crap.
If you think this looks like crap, I'd like to see your site.http://football13.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/12974

MFL is the best there is.
My 5 year old could design a better looking site. I never understood the draw to MFL sites. "Here let's have our commish who doesn't know HTML or graphic design from a hole in the ground, put together our league website". :confused: I guess the Chewbacca defense does work on some people....

rtsports for 5 years now, very, very, good site. I heard MFL was good too, but I think we are still going to stick to rtsports. I commish one league with rtsports and it is easy to run. The other league I am a member and that is also still fun. I think you can do more with graphics and front page material with MFL, but rtsports is easy to navigate and get to the things you need.

Me and some buddies run a semi friendly league :goodposting: and are looking for a new site.good draft, customization, live scoring etc.... and just one that WORKS, no crashing, no BS, and cant be too much $$$..any suggestions???thanks!
Go check out AOL fantasy football. Does everything Fanball does (live scoring, customized rules, polls, news stories with photos, live draft room, etc.)--for free. Free.Drawback = I think their live draft room doesn't open until late July.

This is an excellent place to go if you want a fully customizable league that's cheap and looks like crap.
If you think this looks like crap, I'd like to see your site.http://football13.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/12974

My 5 year old could design a better looking site. I never understood the draw to MFL sites. "Here let's have our commish who doesn't know HTML or graphic design from a hole in the ground, put together our league website". :unsure: I guess the Chewbacca defense does work on some people....
Wow, lucky you. Your bucked tooth, crosseyed, spaz of a kid is a genius. He is so lucky to have such a pretentious jackass of a dad like you. Proof that we need to implement some type of sterilization program to keep idiots from reproducing.

My 5 year old could design a better looking site. I never understood the draw to MFL sites. "Here let's have our commish who doesn't know HTML or graphic design from a hole in the ground, put together our league website". :eek: I guess the Chewbacca defense does work on some people....
Wow, lucky you. Your bucked tooth, crosseyed, spaz of a kid is a genius. He is so lucky to have such a pretentious jackass of a dad like you. Proof that we need to implement some type of sterilization program to keep idiots from reproducing.
It may just be me...but I think he took offense to your post! :hifive:

My 5 year old could design a better looking site. I never understood the draw to MFL sites. "Here let's have our commish who doesn't know HTML or graphic design from a hole in the ground, put together our league website". :eek: I guess the Chewbacca defense does work on some people....
It may just be me...but I think he took offense to your post! :hifive:
For good reason, guy comes off like a complete tool bagging the other guys league page. OH MY GOD! He doesn't know HTML? KILL HIM NOW!very ####

Diving into ESPN from Yahoo this year. Free, semi-custom, Polls, league & public message board, league chat, trade picks, keeper support, IDP down to D, DB, S, CB, DL, LB, DE, DT. Looking forward to using it.

This is a good thread. I would hate to see it closed because of the negative posts. Let's be excellent to one another (in my best Joe Bryant voice)

This is a good thread. I would hate to see it closed because of the negative posts. Let's be excellent to one another (in my best Joe Bryant voice)
Too much slagging in this thread. #40 post with summary killed it. This thread (#40) is an example of NOT being excellent.

My 5 year old could design a better looking site. I never understood the draw to MFL sites. "Here let's have our commish who doesn't know HTML or graphic design from a hole in the ground, put together our league website". :popcorn: I guess the Chewbacca defense does work on some people....
Turn it way down if you want to keep posting here. And for the guy he was responding to, chill on the "my 5 year old that doesn't know anything could design better". Lots of people (myself included) love what Mike Hall does at MFL. If you think the graphics need to be improved, say that without being uncool.J

way too much going on on the home page...painful...
What would you like to see on a home page? And if you could please link your leagues home page that would be swell.

Last season we had a great "showoff your MFL site" thread with examples of just what kind of variety their customization affords...ours got some praise for it's simplicity...while I'm sure others thought it was too plain...the point is that it gives you the choice to do as much or as little customization as you'd like...

way too much going on on the home page...painful...
What would you like to see on a home page? And if you could please link your leagues home page that would be swell.
If he thinks yours has too much going on I'd hate to hear what he thinks of mine. :shrug:

we use xpertsports.It has a unique feature which allows for teams to use formations.We allow the home team to mandate the formation so that the visiting team must use the same formation.This allows a home to play 1RB and 4 WR thus neutralizing a team that has stockpiled RBs. We allow 5 different formations
I was a huge xpertsports fan. I have yet to use a site I like better....I am a little leary about the move to bodog. I am in two leagues that have moved to MFL based on the Xpert move to Bodog.I love your idea about home team picking the formation. I may just have to try that sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread