What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Male Voice of All Time (1 Viewer)

Orbison

Jim James

The guy from Cinderella.
Tom Keifer? Kiefer?

I forget. Great pull from obscurity, really. Night Songs accompanied me on a road trip to Florida back as as teen on a family vacation. Not terrible at the time, probably would hear it and cringe now.
Still great. Nobody's Fool is one of my favorite late night, drunk off your ### songs.
I listened to it right after my comment. Nobody's Fool is still awesome and demanded a repeat listen or three. What are the odds that Keifer and company wrote that one?

I know rumors are that Faster #####cat's first legendary slop-rock album was written by Ric Browde, their "producer," so I'm wondering what industry practice was at the time.

Orbison

Jim James

The guy from Cinderella.
Tom Keifer? Kiefer?

I forget. Great pull from obscurity, really. Night Songs accompanied me on a road trip to Florida back as as teen on a family vacation. Not terrible at the time, probably would hear it and cringe now.
Still great. Nobody's Fool is one of my favorite late night, drunk off your ### songs.
I listened to it right after my comment. Nobody's Fool is still awesome and demanded a repeat listen or three. What are the odds that Keifer and company wrote that one?

I know rumors are that Faster #####cat's first legendary slop-rock album was written by Ric Browde, their "producer," so I'm wondering what industry practice was at the time.
That I can't tell you. I would guess that whoever wrote it probably also wrote the equally awesome "Don't Know What You Got, Til It's Gone".

Best voice I ever heard live was John Kay from Steppenwolf. Just has a sledgehammer of a voice.

Honorable mention Chris Cornell.

Orbison

Jim James

The guy from Cinderella.
Tom Keifer? Kiefer?

Cinderella has a number of awesome songs. I see no reason why Night Songs sticks out as something that might have been ghost written.

Brad Delp
In his prime there was never a better singer. It's not even the way he could hit those high notes. There is just something about his tone that resonated with me more than any other singer.
I started this thread in an oldies/soul kinda mood. I think a topic like this really needs to be broken down into genres. As far as classic rock goes, hard to beat Brad Delp. Although, Paul Rodgers ways resonated with me in a similar way. Like he was born with rock n' roll in his soul.

No mention of Michael McDonald? Arguably one of the most unique voices in rock history and heard he still sounds great live.

Luther Vandross

Pretty sure he also won the very first star search, which set off all these talent tv shows. (Unless you count the awesome gong show.)

If we are going for Rock, I'll throw in Ed Kowalcyzk

Last edited by a moderator:
Lionel Richie

Michael Jackson (yes I said it but he was awesome before he went nuts)

Al Stewart

Gerry Rafferty

Bryan Ferry

As for narrators I believe John Facenda and Morgan Freeman are the best. As for singers I think Freddy Mercury was the best.

Mr. Mojo said:
bob dylan

neil young

ozzie osborne

ringo starr

phil lesh
I guess the subjective nature of the question provides for any voice, but Ringo Starr??? Dylan and Young may be good song writers but from a vocal perspective, eeccckkkkk...
Bob Dylan can sing?

Must be a :fishing:
He was kidding, but yes, Dylan can sing and might be the most misread by the masses and underrated singer there has ever been. A lot of his greatness as a singer happens in the writing, but his phrasing and utilization of the phonetic properties of words was truly revolutionary in the art world. A Rolling Stone writer once used a good Yeats quote in trying to explain what Dylan brings as a vocalist, "when the dancer becomes the dance."

And sometimes, he is just the author of a beautiful song.

https://www.facebook.com/LegacyRecordings/videos/10153558808057996/

Users who are viewing this thread