What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BEST OFF SEASON EVER (1 Viewer)

B-Deep

Footballguy
The nfl is normally so dull, this off season is the best ever.

It is like they are playing fantasy football now, just swapping players around like crazy.

love it

Yeah...some crazy trades and huge contracts.

Guys looking like they will go one place and then changing their minds.

the year after the lockout was pretty nuts too.. there was that one week over the summer when there were a thousand trades and signings in a 24 hour period..

Today has now beaten out the day Randy Moss was traded to Oakland as the most exciting day in NFL free agency.

The Graham trade is blowing me away. Your talking about one of the top 3 most impactful offensive players in the league that is not a QB for a center and a 1st rounder (which is a total crap shoot).

Still trying to figure out what the Saints may know that Seattle does not. Or what in God's green earth they are thinking about.

Blown away.

The Graham trade is blowing me away. Your talking about one of the top 3 most impactful offensive players in the league that is not a QB for a center and a 1st rounder (which is a total crap shoot).

Still trying to figure out what the Saints may know that Seattle does not. Or what in God's green earth they are thinking about.

Blown away.
They are starting over I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade off Brees and tank next season.

Blown away.
They are starting over I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade off Brees and tank next season.
Saints meeting with Jameis Winston.

Blown away.
I thought the same thing but the cap hit would be astronomical from my understanding.

Loving it but why are there so many trades this year?

Seems in years past we'd be lucky to see a few minor deals, maybe the occasional big name player being swapped for a rebuild or salary dump but this off season we've seen:

A promising young LB for a top notch RB

Swap of potentially starting QBs

One of the true elite players dealt to the two time NFC Champs; in exchange for a potential HOF Center

Two highly paid WRs dealt

A few backup QBs traded

A potential DT traded to a team replacing one of the top DL in the game

We've seen fewer trades in active FF leagues than this.

It's exciting but why is it happening? It's almost as if Goodell challenged every team to see which team can make the most trades.

It is strange. I think you have Chip Kelly trying to shake his team up. So that's the top two. I think he got the worst of those two trades so those were kind of no brainers from the other end.

Loving it but why are there so many trades this year?

Seems in years past we'd be lucky to see a few minor deals, maybe the occasional big name player being swapped for a rebuild or salary dump but this off season we've seen:

A promising young LB for a top notch RB

Swap of potentially starting QBs

One of the true elite players dealt to the two time NFC Champs; in exchange for a potential HOF Center

Two highly paid WRs dealt

A few backup QBs traded

A potential DT traded to a team replacing one of the top DL in the game

We've seen fewer trades in active FF leagues than this.

It's exciting but why is it happening? It's almost as if Goodell challenged every team to see which team can make the most trades.
my guess is the fantasy football phenomenon finally got into the GM and coaches heads.

Either one of two things is going to happen. If chip kelly can win the division and get to the nfc championship he will be considered a genius and ina copy cat league we may have more exciting offseasons to come. If it blows up in his face and his glass house, i mean players, break down, then we will go back to boring offseasons.

It's interesting but rarely do the FA winners end up in the playoffs. The draft is where it's at. Jelly is trying to re live the dream team but with crappy players.

It is strange. I think you have Chip Kelly trying to shake his team up. So that's the top two. I think he got the worst of those two trades so those were kind of no brainers from the other end.
The net-net of it all was that Kelly got a young, up-and-coming LB and Demarco Murray for McCoy, and saved a couple million on this cap. Odd you thinkg he got the worst of that trade.

Bradford, I tend to agree. I think he could have gotten him for a lot less, unless Fisher was scaring him into thinking there were other teams in the mix for Bradford, and he should trade for him rather than let him hit the market. Then again, draft picks are such crap shoots, throwing one into a deal essentially means you gave away a lottery ticket

I am enjoying it. I credit Chip for doing much of it and want to see more ballsy college coaches join the league so the NFL will be forced to hire personnel at the FBG boards but.....

Fun offseason, but I feel like nearly every single player lost fantasy value this offseason.

Who really went up? Cameron Jordan maybe. Gore possibly. Feels like Rookie picks will be getting a lot of love this year.

Fun offseason, but I feel like nearly every single player lost fantasy value this offseason.

Who really went up? Cameron Jordan maybe. Gore possibly. Feels like Rookie picks will be getting a lot of love this year.
Matt cassel's value soared

Jordan Cameron for sure. Mike Wallace, Shane Vereen also.

Roy Helu and Scott Chandler probably.

gore definitely up. Andre johnson up. Luck up. Wilson up. Bridgewater up. Wallace up. Gronk up indirectly. Bennett or alshon up...

ldizzle said:
Max Power said:

gore definitely up. Andre johnson up. Luck up. Wilson up. Bridgewater up. Wallace up. Gronk up indirectly. Bennett or alshon up...
Interesting. I see Gore down, Johnson a push, Luck down, Wilson down in many leagues, Wallace/Gronk a push. The WR2 in Chicago up.

ldizzle said:
Max Power said:

Interesting. I see Gore down, Johnson a push, Luck down, Wilson down in many leagues, Wallace/Gronk a push. The WR2 in Chicago up.
Gore down, AND Luck down? Doesn't it have to be one or the other?

Wilson down, despite adding Graham? I'm assuming you say "in many leagues" because you see him running less with Graham in the fold?

I don't think Gronk is a push, I think he gains value indirectly because JT, Cameron, Graham all lost value.

My dynasty team, new homes...

Bradford

McCoy

Peterson(maybe)

Harvin

AJohnson

Cameron

Crazy. Hopefully most moves will be positive.

ldizzle said:
Max Power said:

Please explain.

I've been busy with work and barely monitoring the flow of player movement but if you told me Rodgers got traded for Manning, cash considerations and a Papa John's franchise... I'd probably believe it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread