What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ben, buy low? (1 Viewer)

drew726

Footballguy
He posted okay numbers week 1/2 vs Tenn and @Chi but he might blow up the next few weeks. Look at his schedule. The playoff schedule isn't that appealing but it looks like smooth sailing after last week.

3 @Cin

4 SD

5 @Det

6 Cle

7 Min

8 BYE

9 @Den

10 Cin

11 @KC

12 @Bal

13 Oak

14 @Cle

15 GB

16 Bal

17 @Mia

He's the #6 QB in my league and is not really a buy low, IMO. If you can get him cheap, then I agree that the remaining schedule is very nice.

I bought low on Big Ben in the 7th round of a 12 team re-draft. :blackdot:
Got him in round 8 in a redraft...in their faces!On topic, though, buy low? That's silly, considering he's already had two great fantasy games. When his schedule improves, the Steelers may actually pass less. If anything, he's sell high.

As a Roethlisberger owner, I'm going to concur with the sentiment that his price is higher now than it was two weeks ago.

I traded Ben and Crabtree away in a Dynasty league for Matt Ryan and Percy Harvin. In the long run, I think I will get the better end of that trade.

360 yards in week 1, 2 TDs in week two, Buy low?

Steelers are a throw first team now, not the Steelers of the 70s or with Bettis. If you can buy "low", I would do it.

Rest of the way...Big Ben or Schaub?
Got them both in Dynasty. Keeping them both in Dynasty. I think they both have top-5 potential, so I'd rather just keep them both to double my chances of one of them reaching it.

Unfortunately I don't have them both.

I have Schaub / Garrard in one league, Big Ben / Garrard in another.

In the league where I have Schaub, the Big Ben owner approached me. I am tempted, though the lack of bad weather in Houston, combined with Pittsburgh running more as the weather gets colder has me reluctant.

I think their values are so similar right now...and going forward I cannot make a determination.

JD8p said:
Unfortunately I don't have them both.I have Schaub / Garrard in one league, Big Ben / Garrard in another.In the league where I have Schaub, the Big Ben owner approached me. I am tempted, though the lack of bad weather in Houston, combined with Pittsburgh running more as the weather gets colder has me reluctant.I think their values are so similar right now...and going forward I cannot make a determination.
I'd probably take Schaub, then. Top 5 fantasy finishes are essentially business as usual for him (he always ranks surprisingly high in points per game), whereas Ben's sort of new to it. I also think that Houston's going to be throwing a lot more frequently than Pittsburgh this year.

Users who are viewing this thread