What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (2 Viewers)

First time watching the Hoosiers. They look ok so far.

This Freshman Tracye Jackson-Davis (son of long time Pacer Dale Davis) is a stud. Super athletic, just like his Dad.

IU is rockin it tonight. They can't shoot like this all the time but they also won't turn the ball over like they did tonight. Got a few nice athletes out there.

Coach 'em up, Archie. Need to see something this year.

The Challenge is 3-3, but the top did not deliver.  Teske was the only guy who could score for Michigan and even he was not all the efficient.  Winston may start to question why he came back, but Sparty will put things together eventually.  Even with their tough schedule, no way should they be 5-3.  

The Challenge is 3-3, but the top did not deliver.  Teske was the only guy who could score for Michigan and even he was not all the efficient.  Winston may start to question why he came back, but Sparty will put things together eventually.  Even with their tough schedule, no way should they be 5-3.  
I'm usually not engaged this early in the season, so correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Michigan State often struggle early in the season?

I'm usually not engaged this early in the season, so correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Michigan State often struggle early in the season?
Yep. Always.

Frankly I surprised they only lost by a dozen. They were in a haze. Duke and K were really in their heads. They played like they were the road team last night. Awful but nothing surprising.

I think Cash losing his brother has really affected him. He’s a shell of the player from last season. And X and Aaron have really regressed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 4 (assuming MSU gets things straightened out) look really strong. 

And I don't know where their scoring is going to come from, but with Matt Painter, you can never count out Purdue. 

Should be a fun season.

IU is rockin it tonight. They can't shoot like this all the time but they also won't turn the ball over like they did tonight. Got a few nice athletes out there.

Coach 'em up, Archie. Need to see something this year.
Is IU legit? That's a pretty darn good win over FSU. 

Just announced - 

Sources: Kentucky and Michigan will play a neutral site game in London in December 2020. A home-and-home series will follow starting in Ann Arbor in December 2021. There will be a return game at Rupp Arena in December 2022.

If IU and Purdue are legit teams, this conference will be ridiculous.  Maryland and OSU were impressive this week.  Michigan was off, but going on the road against #1 is not a game anyone expects to win.  MSU is loaded, and will get their act together.  Wisconsin making the NIT will be an uphill climb as their schedule only gets tougher.  Hopefully the Big10 can get 7 or 8 bids.  I can see teams like Minnesota, Iowa, or Penn State potentially working their way into the tourney.   

Is IU legit? That's a pretty darn good win over FSU. 
I have only seen that game and am homer so take with a grain of salt but...they have 3 or 4 nice big man options, well more hybrid forward types. The Freshman, Dale Davis' kid, looks like a the best athlete they have had there since Oladipo. He looks really fluid out there and knows how to play.

In the FSU game they had a senior PG having the game of his life but they were also missing a key backcourt player who was injured.

When they got Archie Miller I was really stoked, he's struggled.  Hopefully he's got his guys now and we are starting to see the coaching promise he showed in Dayton.

Big10 will be brutal we'll see how it goes. They should be making the tournament every year though, not going 2 years in a row is sad.

Yeah.... but they looked good in their non-conference games last year too. 
Did they have any signature wins though?  They lost to Syracuse, I think at home.  This year they've taken down Villanova and @UNC handily. 

There was decent roster turnover going into last year also (KBD, Tate, etc all left), I always thought it was a transition year.  Those freshman and transfers that came in last year are all playing important roles now.  And true freshman Liddel looked really good last night, nice touch and looked fluid in the post.

Looking like an exciting conference season the way these teams are all playing.

Did they have any signature wins though?  They lost to Syracuse, I think at home.  This year they've taken down Villanova and @UNC handily. 

There was decent roster turnover going into last year also (KBD, Tate, etc all left), I always thought it was a transition year.  Those freshman and transfers that came in last year are all playing important roles now.  And true freshman Liddel looked really good last night, nice touch and looked fluid in the post.

Its my understanding that Kaleb Wesson lost 35lbs also. And that's helped him tremendously.

Same old disappearing offense we get from Turge.  At least the team seems to ball out on D.
They play hard, but they've been behind pretty deep into their games in 9 out of 10 (they blitzed Marquette from the jump - the best team they've played :loco:  )

After 9 years, I STILL don't know what Turgeon's offense is supposed to do.

Bucks looking great,  kicked the Heels trash tonight. 
Yeah.... but they looked good in their non-conference games last year too. 

:coffee:

They play hard, but they've been behind pretty deep into their games in 9 out of 10 (they blitzed Marquette from the jump - the best team they've played :loco:  )

After 9 years, I STILL don't know what Turgeon's offense is supposed to do.
Make that 11 out of 12.  They've looked truly awful three straight games now.

I would love to see some Gary Williams flex offense.  Or any offense, really.

Make that 11 out of 12.  They've looked truly awful three straight games now.

I would love to see some Gary Williams flex offense.  Or any offense, really.
God, I hated that flex offense. But at least it would be an identity. They have zero right now. 

Maryland plays like they will just out-athlete everyone. How'd that work against Seton Hall, boys? SH had - what? - 12 blocked shots? Yet, Maryland kept doing the same thing.

This reminds me of some of Lefty's teams - they just play dumb. Some of that is coaching and some of it is big heads from all of the preseason hype.

eta: good to see you back in this thread. I feel like I'm talking in a vacuum sometimes.

God, I hated that flex offense. But at least it would be an identity. They have zero right now. 

Maryland plays like they will just out-athlete everyone. How'd that work against Seton Hall, boys? SH had - what? - 12 blocked shots? Yet, Maryland kept doing the same thing.

This reminds me of some of Lefty's teams - they just play dumb. Some of that is coaching and some of it is big heads from all of the preseason hype.

eta: good to see you back in this thread. I feel like I'm talking in a vacuum sometimes.
Think they had 14 made baskets, 15 shots blocked, and 16 turnovers.  High quality offense.

I'm conflicted on this team, honestly.  I want to root for them.  I want to like them.  I like Jalen Smith and Morsell, especially.  But I can't enjoy the offense; there's just nothing to enjoy or even root for.  When your best play is "hope Cowan can make a 27-footer", it's not compelling.

Truth is, I was actively rooting for them to get blown out by Belmont last year.  In a way, I'm hoping this team disappoints along the lines of finishing middle of the pack in the B1G, one-and-done in the conference tourney, then either miss the NCAA or lose as a favorite in the first round.  I'm at the point where I've completely given up on any hope that Turgeon can coach a successful team, and I just want him gone ASAP so I can root for the Terps again.

Wow - Isiah Livers out indefinitely for Michigan with a groin injury . No timetable for his return.

Huge blow to MI.

Mitchell twins are transferring out.  They hadn't shown much, but it cuts down on front court depth for the Terps.  However, Chol appears to be ready, and played 14 minutes the other night.  If he can stay healthy...

Nice win for Maryland over Indiana today.

Yet another slow start but, once they got going, the Terps blitzed the Hoosiers. Indiana missed some open looks, but I thought Maryland's defense played really well. 

I can't for the life of me imagine why Turgeon thinks his "NY Knicks 1972" weave offense does anything other than waste time. 

Nice win for Maryland over Indiana today.

Yet another slow start but, once they got going, the Terps blitzed the Hoosiers. Indiana missed some open looks, but I thought Maryland's defense played really well. 

I can't for the life of me imagine why Turgeon thinks his "NY Knicks 1972" weave offense does anything other than waste time. 
Turg gonna Turg.

Big game in East Lansing today - MI at MSU. Unfortunately, MI is without Isaiah Livers - one of its best players. Sucks.

Is Rutgers for real?

Did Iowa really just shoot 4 - 33 from three?

Another terrible opening five minutes for the Terps.  How is it that they've played exactly one game all season where they played well during the opening 5-10 minutes?  That has to be coaching, right?  They play great defense, but that offense is truly embarrassing.

Users who are viewing this thread