What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bill Belichick: (1 Viewer)

DesmondBishop

Footballguy
Anyone else see the advertisement for this documentary?

Thursday, September 15 at 9:00 PM ET Part 1 (On NFLN)

He is wired up for the entire 2009 season, whether you like the guy or not I think this will be a very good show, I think it will also change people perspective about him once they see him active like a normal guy, not the coach.

A little video here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-football-life/09000d5d821d0244/A-Football-Life-Bill-Belichick

A little write up here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821cfe0f/article/patriots-belichick-highlights-series-debut-of-a-football-life

I personally am looking forward to this and I don't really care one way the other towards Belichick, but he is one of the best, should be a great show.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to this. Whether you like BB or not, this is a chance to look inside the mind of a great football coach and see what makes him tick. Good learning for someone in a leadership position.

To me this strikes of Belichick trying to create his Hank Stram moment. If this thing is successful, maybe they'll be playing clips of it 50 years from now?

Documenting and preserving the legacy of one of the greatest coaches in NFL history

is a benefit to the fans, as well as the entire sport.

I heard they tried to send Belichick an advance copy video and he told them not to worry about it he already had his own. :hophead: :boxing:

Part one was really good. What stood out for me is how the Patriots have transitioned their entire offense the last three seasons from the Moss and Welker show to the double headed monster of Gronkowski and Hernandez. Belichick made the comment that if opposing defenses took Moss out of the game and covered Welker they were done. They have since added more speed on both sides of the ball and look like a more explosive and balanced team.

Who was the chick? Girlfriend?

I liked the first part, was wishing they would have gotten more into his game planning, hoping part two will do just that.

'ponchsox said:
Part one was really good. What stood out for me is how the Patriots have transitioned their entire offense the last three seasons from the Moss and Welker show to the double headed monster of Gronkowski and Hernandez. Belichick made the comment that if opposing defenses took Moss out of the game and covered Welker they were done. They have since added more speed on both sides of the ball and look like a more explosive and balanced team.Who was the chick? Girlfriend?
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0805/caught.in.the.act0530/images/6.jpg

#######it I missed this. Please someone have DVR'd or surely there's a replay?

EDIT:

12AM tonight

1AM tonight

3pm tomm

And several showings thereafter :thumbup:

totally cracked me up when mason was giving him the biz and he says you can talk after the game. Shut the F*** up! funny stuff

I loved the show. The best part for me was Bill having a few choice words for Mason.
That was great. I also like the part where Belichek was calling Welker Wally Pipp and deadpanned "way to compete" after Welker said Edelman could have the job. I dislike the Pats but liked this show alot.

Priceless show. Absolutely great work by NFL Films. Much respect to Bill. I think I get it now why players love to play for him.

Hopefully this series captures what it is that makes NE fans love BB and makes fans of every other franchise hate him.

This was thoroughly enjoyable. Not surprising, really. Everything NFL Films churns out is top-notch.

I really wanted to hate this program given the subject matter, but the guy is simply impressive. Every last detail on and off the field in his life is mapped out. I also never before saw an emotional side of him, like we witnessed when he returned to Giants Stadium. Good stuff.

'ponchsox said:
Part one was really good. What stood out for me is how the Patriots have transitioned their entire offense the last three seasons from the Moss and Welker show to the double headed monster of Gronkowski and Hernandez. Belichick made the comment that if opposing defenses took Moss out of the game and covered Welker they were done. They have since added more speed on both sides of the ball and look like a more explosive and balanced team.
I believe that's the part where he's chewing out his coaches on Monday following that collapse against Denver. I wish that would have been shown in it's entirety, because I'm betting what they cut was him trashing individual players. I bet Ben Watson isn't going to feel that great after seeing this one. :lmao:

Really well done. I also enjoyed his reminiscing about his time with the Giants and his relationship with Parcels. The racquetball discussion and Parcels smoking 4 cigs after the game was priceless. Parcels really was an ###.

I loved the show. The best part for me was Bill having a few choice words for Mason.
That was great. I also like the part where Belichek was calling Welker Wally Pipp and deadpanned "way to compete" after Welker said Edelman could have the job. I dislike the Pats but liked this show alot.
Agreed. That was great. Him and D-Mase going back and forth was good, too.

This was thoroughly enjoyable. Not surprising, really. Everything NFL Films churns out is top-notch.

I really wanted to hate this program given the subject matter, but the guy is simply impressive. Every last detail on and off the field in his life is mapped out. I also never before saw an emotional side of him, like we witnessed when he returned to Giants Stadium. Good stuff.
If you want a more comprehensive view on Belichick, read Halberstam's book. It goes into why BB is the way he is, including some really interesting background on his dad, who is one of the most underrated football coaches of all time.

'ponchsox said:
Part one was really good. What stood out for me is how the Patriots have transitioned their entire offense the last three seasons from the Moss and Welker show to the double headed monster of Gronkowski and Hernandez. Belichick made the comment that if opposing defenses took Moss out of the game and covered Welker they were done. They have since added more speed on both sides of the ball and look like a more explosive and balanced team.Who was the chick? Girlfriend?
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0805/caught.in.the.act0530/images/6.jpg
:shock:

'ponchsox said:
Thats what you get when you have 5 rings! lol BTW...Its a great piece, I always like seeing how great coaches handle team biz behind the scenes. Also I'm talking about the show when I say that.

'ponchsox said:
Yes. Belichick has a strong pimp hand.

'ponchsox said:
Thats what you get when you have 5 rings! lol BTW...Its a great piece
Agreed. She is a great piece.

'ponchsox said:
Thats what you get when you have 5 rings! lol BTW...Its a great piece, I always like seeing how great coaches handle team biz behind the scenes. Also I'm talking about the show when I say that.
I love his answer on that conference call. Reporter, "So where do you keep them[sB rings]"BB, "Oh in a box somewhere" :lmao: :lmao:

'ponchsox said:
Great now, but almost time for a trade in.

'ponchsox said:
:goodposting: Take away the bolt ons and her makeup bag and she's going to be pushing cryptkeeper status in a few years. Cleans up pretty well though :thumbup:

'ponchsox said:
Franchise tag her for another year, and then look to get younger in the draft.

It was great. Surprised he'd agree to do it though.
I read the Halberstam book and from that it was very clear that BB has a very strong respect for the game and its history. He read alot of football books growing up and I think likely saw this as an opportunity to provide something for the next generation. He is incredibly secretive, but I think that is in service of the near-term (i.e. winning) so I think knowing that this project wouldn't see the light of day until 2 years later is probably why the access issue wasn't as big of a deal as it might seem. For the record, I thought his description of his interaction with Parcells was great. Parcells: It's all screwed up.BB: What do you suggest we do differently.Parcells: It's all screwed up.BB: shrugs BB's reaction was essentially "I don't disagree, but I can't think of a better approach, so don't much see the point of changing merely for the sake of change" It's classic rational Belichick and it's the kind of stuff that drives media and some fans crazy. That is, "if it didn't work then it's the wrong approach" or "if it didn't work then the opposite is clearly the right approach." It's the kind of lazy analysis that drives rational people crazy.

I loved the mutual respect between Belichick and Brady when they were drawing up plays in the office.

It was like two coaches were talking instead of coach-player.

'ponchsox said:
Franchise tag her for another year, and then look to get younger in the draft.
:goodposting: I may also offer her a vet min contract after the tag wears off, but she needs to know that she's going to be the backup.

my favorite part was when Kraft was in BB's office talking about the weather on game day. BB is slouching in his seat ,eating sunflower seeds and kind of blowing off Kraft

the coaches meeting was good as well, especially after ripping everything he says "anyone else have anything to say about the game"

I loved the mutual respect between Belichick and Brady when they were drawing up plays in the office.It was like two coaches were talking instead of coach-player.
That's what seperates Brady/Manning from everyone else. Few QB's ever reach that level of mental gameplay. When they are on the field and can dissect a defense just as easily as they can in the film room. Their thought process is almost robotic.

I loved the mutual respect between Belichick and Brady when they were drawing up plays in the office.It was like two coaches were talking instead of coach-player.
That's what seperates Brady/Manning from everyone else. Few QB's ever reach that level of mental gameplay. When they are on the field and can dissect a defense just as easily as they can in the film room. Their thought process is almost robotic.
When I look at those guys I see two of the most competitive QBs in the league. It just fuels all the rest.

You can see why the drafted Hernandez and Gronkowski when BB when BB was saying if you took WW & Moss away their O was done

Chiming in here as well: this is must see. Fantastic program and looking forward to part 2.

I too enjoyed BB's girlfriend. I saw her on the boat and said to myself, "WHOA, nice work, Bill." She's definitely a MILF, and clearly she has some cosmetic enhancement, but for an older woman she is very attractive none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread