What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blackjacks 3rd and final 2014 NFL Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Blackjacks

Footballguy
[SIZE=medium]2014 NFL DRAFT[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1 Houston Texans: J. Clowney[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]2 Cleveland Browns: G. Robinson (trade #4, #35 and #83)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3 Jacksonville Jaquars: K. Mack[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]4 Stl Rams: S Watkins (traded)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]5 Oakland Raiders: M Evans[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]6 Dallas Cowboys: A Donald (trade #16, #47 and #2 next year)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]7 Stl Rams: J Mathews (trade #12 and #35) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]8 Minnesota Vikings: B Bortles[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]9 Buffalo Bills: T Lewan[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]10 SF 49ers: O Beckman (trade #30, #56 and SF 2015 2nd[/SIZE] round pick)

[SIZE=medium]11 Tenn Titans: J Gilbert[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]12 NYG: E Ebron[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]13 Tamp Bay Bucs: J Manziel (traded)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]14 Chicago Bears: Ha Ha Clinton Dix[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]15 Pittsburgh Steelers: D. Dernard[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]16 Atlanta Falcons: Zach Martin (traded)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]17 Baltimore Ravens: Morgan Moses[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]18 NYJ: Marquis Lee[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]19 Miami Dolphins: Xavier Su’a-Filo[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]20 Arizona Cardinals: Derek Carr[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]21 Green Bay Packers: Calvin Pryor[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]22 Philadelphia Eagles: Bradley Roby [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]23 Kansas City Chiefs: Anthony Barr[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]24 Cincinnati Bengals: CJ Mosley[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]25 San Diego Chargers: Louis Nix[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]26 Cleveland Browns: Brandon Cooks[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]27 New Orleans Saints: Kony Ealy[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]28 Houston Texans: Teddy Bridgewater (trade #33 and #101)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]29 New England Patriots: Kyle Fueller[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]30 Detroit Lions: Jason Verrett (traded)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]31 Denver Broncos: Ryan Shazier[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]32 Seattle Seahawks: Demarcus Lawrence[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I see more trades in the lower half but I am not doing a 2nd round and wanted to show where I felt teams were leaning.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]What do you think?[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't bad but word around the area about the Lions is they are trading up and they are in love with Watkins. I don't understand it but don't be surprised if the Lions trade up with Oakland or Atlanta if Watkins is still there. I also think Bridgewater ends up in Minnesota. I am not sure if it is at 8 or if they trade back up into the 20's if he falls, but I think he ends up there either way, and last I don't think the Pats take a corner in the first unless Gilbert, Roby or Denard are there

I think if the browns honestly trade up to 2 for a tackle (who we could probably get at 4, or just take matthews or Lewan instead if they REALLY need someone), I will be mad as hell.

I think if the browns honestly trade up to 2 for a tackle (who we could probably get at 4, or just take matthews or Lewan instead if they REALLY need someone), I will be mad as hell.
I think Cle desperately wants Robinson and due to their depth of picks would offer this to secure their guy!

It isn't bad but word around the area about the Lions is they are trading up and they are in love with Watkins. I don't understand it but don't be surprised if the Lions trade up with Oakland or Atlanta if Watkins is still there. I also think Bridgewater ends up in Minnesota. I am not sure if it is at 8 or if they trade back up into the 20's if he falls, but I think he ends up there either way, and last I don't think the Pats take a corner in the first unless Gilbert, Roby or Denard are there
No way the Lions are going after Watkins. After getting Tate in the offseason and already being strong on the offensive side this pick needs to be defense.

In this scenario, they pick up needed picks for more defensive help and still get a very good cb to start day 1. I think if Bortles is there at 8 he is gone to Minnesota. he fits perfectly for what Norv wants to work with. Why do you not see the Pats going cb late in the first? They lost Taleb and weren't extremely strong and deep there last year with him. Fueller is a steal here

I think you have Bridgewater going too high. You're underestimating how deep the institutionalized racism is in the NFL.

[SIZE=medium]I see more trades in the lower half but I am not doing a 2nd round and wanted to show where I felt teams were leaning.[/SIZE]

I think you should put down the crack pipe.

The team with the best OLT in the league and who just used a high 2nd round pick on a RT is going to move-up two spots and give up a high 2nd round pick to select another tackle eh?

If that isn't bad enough, you have that trade happening in this draft where OT Jake Mathews and OT Lewan would be available even if the Browns wanted to address the tackle position which they don't.

The talk of the Browns interest in OT Greg Robinson springs from the unlikely possibility he should fall to the #4 pick, they sure as hell aren't going to trade-up for him BlackJacks. I mean you couldn't try harder to make a worse trade scenario in the first round for any team. Horrible, awful, sad. :sadbanana:

This would be dumb in my opinion.

No way the Lions are going after Watkins. After getting Tate in the offseason and already being strong on the offensive side this pick needs to be defense.

In this scenario, they pick up needed picks for more defensive help and still get a very good cb to start day 1. I think if Bortles is there at 8 he is gone to Minnesota. he fits perfectly for what Norv wants to work with. Why do you not see the Pats going cb late in the first? They lost Taleb and weren't extremely strong and deep there last year with him. Fueller is a steal here
Well they replaced Talib with Revis and also added Browner....probably the rationale.

The team with the best OLT in the league and who just used a high 2nd round pick on a RT is going to move-up two spots and give up a high 2nd round pick to select another tackle eh?

If that isn't bad enough, you have that trade happening in this draft where OT Jake Mathews and OT Lewan would be available even if the Browns wanted to address the tackle position which they don't.

The talk of the Browns interest in OT Greg Robinson springs from the unlikely possibility he should fall to the #4 pick, they sure as hell aren't going to trade-up for him BlackJacks. I mean you couldn't try harder to make a worse trade scenario in the first round for any team. Horrible, awful, sad. :sadbanana:
So he is better? Mitchell Schwartz or Greg Robinson at RT?

If the Browns want to contend in the AFC North they have to be able to run the ball.

Greg Robinson, with the addition of Tate, will allow that.

Good luck with Mitchell Schwartz is you think he is great

Well they replaced Talib with Revis and also added Browner....probably the rationale.
Isn't Browner still facing a possible suspension and Revis, while the best, is only signed for 1 yr?

So he is better? Mitchell Schwartz or Greg Robinson at RT?

If the Browns want to contend in the AFC North they have to be able to run the ball.

Greg Robinson, with the addition of Tate, will allow that.

Good luck with Mitchell Schwartz is you think he is great
You think the Browns need to move-up and give-up a high 2nd round pick just to get a RT in this draft when if they were that desperate to get a RT they could simply take Mathews or Lewan but you say they have to do this in order to compete in the AFCN?

Yeah, right.

You haven't got a clue if you think you can make that one work and others jumped on that instantly after I posted so its not us its you.

first of all - good effort - takes guts to put one out there.

However, when you do - you have to be able to take criticism. Not everyone will like it - when you got some negative feedback, you didn't even consider alternatives to your thought process - you got defensive.

My suggestion would be to stop with the trades in mocks - it's difficult enough to do a mock, it's exponentially more difficult to predict trades.

That Browns move ain't happening, even if Corky Thatcher was the GM
I think the Browns are moving up and I think it is to get Robinson.

Imagine a line with Thomas, Mack and Robinson on it............
I appreciate the mock. Takes time and effort.

This move just wont happen. I know they like Robinson, but they arent giving up the farm to move 2 spots to get him, when he has a good shot at being there at 4 anyways.

And if not, theyd have a serious consolation prize in Matthews. Who's actually better in pass protection and more pro ready

But hey, fun to read anyways

[SIZE=medium]6 Dallas Cowboys: A Donald (trade #16, #47 and #2 next year)[/SIZE]

Put down the crack pipe :jawdrop:

The first team that might take Donald is NYG's.

Why the F would Dallas go up to 6 to get him???

I understand what you are saying about the Lions but all you have to do is look at the reports, Clayton at ESPN even reported the Lions want and Watkins and are trying to trade up to get him. I don't think Bortles will be there at 8 and that is why I think they end up with Bridgewater. Yes they lost Talib but did you see they signed Revis and Browner this off season?

Pryor to the Packers? From your lips...

Unfortunately I don't see him making it that far. But if he is there, I will be rooting for the Pack to take him. Would be an awesome pick.

edit - however Safety is very deep in this draft. I could see TT going LB or DT 1st round instead, counting on a safety pickup (Southward?) in the 4th

Dez said:
This would be dumb in my opinion.

2 Cleveland Browns: G. Robinson (trade #4, #35 and #83)
Agreed. This trade makes no sense and kind of ruins the mock from the start IMO. Clev is going to give up significantly more than the suggested trade value to move up 2 spots in a draft where most think there are 4 elite players? The 2 pick is worth 2600 and Clev is giving up 3005 when they can hang tight and get an elite player at 4.

Looking more, I really don't like any of the trades. That's probably why most don't mock them I guess. The values just seem way off and the moves generally don't make that much sense to me. Dal moving up to take Donald at 6? He's not even a top 10 player, there is little threat of him going in the top 10 and Dal has a ton of needs. Giving up that much for 1 guy just seems off to me.

Looking more, I really don't like any of the trades. That's probably why most don't mock them I guess. The values just seem way off and the moves generally don't make that much sense to me. Dal moving up to take Donald at 6? He's not even a top 10 player, there is little threat of him going in the top 10 and Dal has a ton of needs. Giving up that much for 1 guy just seems off to me.
I think the DET/SF trade makes sense at 10. If Lewan isn't available then why would DET reach for any of the DEF still available? SF has a plethora of picks and if they've identified a clear 3rd best WR then go up and get him.

Not saying it will happen but Blackjack's scenario is definitely plausible and shows good analysis of teams' needs IMO.

BigDave said:
6 Dallas Cowboys: A Donald (trade #16, #47 and #2 next year)

Donald could go top ten but you're right Dallas isn't trading up to get him.

Blackjacks said:
gandalas said:
I think Cle desperately wants Robinson and due to their depth of picks would offer this to secure their guy!
I think it is virtually guaranteed that the Browns are taking a QB with one of the 1sts or the early 2nd, so trading one away and going RT/WR with the others doesn't seem wise.

Hoyer was Lombardi's guy, and only has a very limited track record. His limited attempts to Gordon last year produced a AY/A <6 I want to say.

I completely agree with Gandalas that I would be mad as hell if the Browns pulled off that specific trade for Robinson. I'd probably be mad if they did that for any player in this draft - they can get an impact player at 4.

BigDave said:
6 Dallas Cowboys: A Donald (trade #16, #47 and #2 next year)

Donald could go top ten but you're right Dallas isn't trading up to get him.
He's a scheme player and I just don't see anyone before the NYG's taking him.

NYG's then Bears at 14 are the biggest threats to Donald being gone.

My issue is why you do a mock and show a highly unlikely big trade like the Dallas trade.

Dallas would absolutely love to have Donald fall to them. Even if Dallas contemplated trading up to get him

they would do it with Tenn. to jump the Giants. At that price it's a 3rd and 5th to move up = too rich IMO.

I see Dallas hoping Barr, Donald or Martin last to 16. If not it's trade back time and pickup extra picks

first of all - good effort - takes guts to put one out there.

However, when you do - you have to be able to take criticism. Not everyone will like it - when you got some negative feedback, you didn't even consider alternatives to your thought process - you got defensive.

My suggestion would be to stop with the trades in mocks - it's difficult enough to do a mock, it's exponentially more difficult to predict trades.
I was just explaining why I put what I put. Never meant to offend anyone with my explanations.

BigDave said:

I don't think Donald gets past TB personally. That's why I had the Cowboys moving up where I did

I see Dallas hoping Barr, Donald or Martin last to 16. If not it's trade back time and pickup extra picks
Bingo. Dallas' strategy summed up in 1 line.

Dallas has WAY too many holes to be throwing multiple top 100 picks at a single spot. They know it. They've done too many trade ups in the past and there is a significant lack of depth throughout the roster. You don't create depth by trading multiple top 100 picks for a single guy.

I'm not going to say that it won't happen, but the odds of this occurring are very, very, very low.

Blackjacks said:
If SF trades to that spot, they're taking Gilbert.
they could but I think a #2 wr is more possible if they trade up.
With Crabtree in the final year of his deal and Boldin getting very old, WR needs to be addressed. However, secondary is the immediate need for this season. I think they can use a 2nd or 3rd on a quality WR and let him develop for a year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000346954/article/sammy-watkins-detroit-lions-trade-talk-is-serious

Detroit might want trade up but it won't be for Watkins. They need Robinson or Matthews.

Bingo. Dallas' strategy summed up in 1 line.

Dallas has WAY too many holes to be throwing multiple top 100 picks at a single spot. They know it. They've done too many trade ups in the past and there is a significant lack of depth throughout the roster. You don't create depth by trading multiple top 100 picks for a single guy.

I'm not going to say that it won't happen, but the odds of this occurring are very, very, very low.
Great Cowboys minds think alike.

I see trading back to GB who needs a safety bad. KC or CAR who need a dynamic WR. NE who needs a TE. Clev. needs A QB or WR depending how they pick 4th. Lots of possible trade backs IMO that still allow us to get a quality DE/DT or OT.

Pryor to the Packers? From your lips...

Unfortunately I don't see him making it that far. But if he is there, I will be rooting for the Pack to take him. Would be an awesome pick.

edit - however Safety is very deep in this draft. I could see TT going LB or DT 1st round instead, counting on a safety pickup (Southward?) in the 4th
I think a lot of people like the thought of him being that big hitter.

I just don't see the fit as much with GB. They need a guy to help improve coverage.

Burnett is not that type of guy and can play the "hitter" role closer to the line. The need is that other side...the ball hawk type and I don't think Pryor fits that.

Dude, you got smoked in this one. :blush:

Only 1 player and team correct and that was Clowney, the #1 pick

Only 3 others at their #, but wrong team.

What I like as a Texans fan is that they ended up with 3 guys you had going in the top 25. I hope they all play like 1st round talents for years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread