What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloom post draft 100 is up! (1 Viewer)

Aw man it’s paywalled this year

Yes, the Post Draft Bloom 100 features the first 25 players for free but the rest of the article is paywalled and requires a PRO level membership. It's some of the very best content we create at Footballguys and how we bring value for our Premium Subscribers. (And exist as a business as we don't fill up our site with a ton of ads)

The Pre Draft Bloom 100 is outstanding and 100% free. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2024-predraft-bloom-100

And I fully understand there is always tension between what is free and what is Premium Content. We try to err on the side of having a ton of free content. But our business model is dependent on membership revenue.

Yes, the Post Draft Bloom 100 features the first 25 players for free but the rest of the article is paywalled and requires a PRO level membership. It's some of the very best content we create at Footballguys and how we bring value for our Premium Subscribers. (And exist as a business as we don't fill up our site with a ton of ads)

The Pre Draft Bloom 100 is outstanding and 100% free. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2024-predraft-bloom-100

And I fully understand there is always tension between what is free and what is Premium Content. We try to err on the side of having a ton of free content. But our business model is dependent on membership revenue.

Hi Joe,

I know you are always asking about feedback here in the forums and why people do or do not subscribe to your website.

So as a former subscriber (even did the 3 year packages for a while when you offered the package deal for a better price) who mainly plays dynasty IDP and considers this time of the year the most important part, I feel that the content for people like me is not enough to justify a membership any longer.

I guess it started when you did less IDP for dynasty and instead did the DFS as a focus. But the honest tipping point was when Bramel stopped doing the combined rookie draft board. At that point it was not worth the money any longer for the content I was looking for.

Honestly Bloom does a great article but it is not worth $50 just for this one article at this point when other people like Kislingbury posts his for free on X now. I honestly wish you would get back to the content you offered a few years ago and make the subscription worth it for those of us who play dynasty IDP and focus mainly on the rookie draft.

Of course I understand why you decided this year to put this post draft article behind a paywall and would never fault you for trying to make more money for an article you never hid behind a paywall before.

Just figured since you were asking back at the end of last season how to retain a member who felt your predictions were not accurate. For me it was never about the predictions but more about the other content and that is where it would be great if you could get back to the content you produced a few years ago and give more for the higher prices you are charging. Or else come up with a cheaper plan for those of us who do not care about in season and focus on rookies and this time of year mainly.

Hi Joe,

I know you are always asking about feedback here in the forums and why people do or do not subscribe to your website.

So as a former subscriber (even did the 3 year packages for a while when you offered the package deal for a better price) who mainly plays dynasty IDP and considers this time of the year the most important part, I feel that the content for people like me is not enough to justify a membership any longer.

I guess it started when you did less IDP for dynasty and instead did the DFS as a focus. But the honest tipping point was when Bramel stopped doing the combined rookie draft board. At that point it was not worth the money any longer for the content I was looking for.

Honestly Bloom does a great article but it is not worth $50 just for this one article at this point when other people like Kislingbury posts his for free on X now. I honestly wish you would get back to the content you offered a few years ago and make the subscription worth it for those of us who play dynasty IDP and focus mainly on the rookie draft.

Of course I understand why you decided this year to put this post draft article behind a paywall and would never fault you for trying to make more money for an article you never hid behind a paywall before.

Just figured since you were asking back at the end of last season how to retain a member who felt your predictions were not accurate. For me it was never about the predictions but more about the other content and that is where it would be great if you could get back to the content you produced a few years ago and give more for the higher prices you are charging. Or else come up with a cheaper plan for those of us who do not care about in season and focus on rookies and this time of year mainly.

Thank you for sharing. You're 100% right in that I see all feedback as a gift there.

I'd love for you to give us a try again. Especially if you're into IDP and Dynasty. We've upped both those areas dramatically in the last 2 years.

And for sure, the balance between what is pay and what is free has always been a challenge. I suspect it always will be. I don't know that we've landed on the right answer but erring on the side of giving a ton away for free and saving the very best for our Premium Members feels like the right answer. I understand that's not always popular. But it's reality for us.

Thanks again for sharing the good feedback.

You might be pleasantly surprised with the IDP content being put out (at least for last year and I assume this year will be similar). It has gotten much, much better over the ast couple of years. There are still some things that seem a bit wonky (in season, rest of season rankings seem to have issues if I remember correctly) but the weekly content and contributors have been a big improvement.

Looking for the big board ? Not seeing it. I have used the big board for many years first it was Jene Bramel then last year Bloom did one. The one where it has all the players on 1 page with tiers.

You might be pleasantly surprised with the IDP content being put out (at least for last year and I assume this year will be similar). It has gotten much, much better over the ast couple of years. There are still some things that seem a bit wonky (in season, rest of season rankings seem to have issues if I remember correctly) but the weekly content and contributors have been a big improvement.
I was just coming here to say the same, the IDP content especially with a few new IDP contributors coming on board last year really ramped up! I was very happy with what was published and the timings were great, helped me week to week on occasion when I was on the fence on a FA pickup or a start/not start quandary. I would say FBG's helped me with at least a +2 WAR last year in IDP content alone....plus the $35K regular season contest and post season contest - those are worth the price of subscription just by themselves, not to mention the hundreds of pages of content delivered across all aspects!!

Looking for the big board ? Not seeing it. I have used the big board for many years first it was Jene Bramel then last year Bloom did one. The one where it has all the players on 1 page with tiers.

Thanks. Yes, the Big Board has been an important part of our Footballguys content for a long time years ago with Jene and now with Sigmund Bloom. We had it out last year May 4. This year will hope to have it ready by Tuesday May 7. Thanks.

I was just coming here to say the same, the IDP content especially with a few new IDP contributors coming on board last year really ramped up! I was very happy with what was published and the timings were great, helped me week to week on occasion when I was on the fence on a FA pickup or a start/not start quandary. I would say FBG's helped me with at least a +2 WAR last year in IDP content alone....plus the $35K regular season contest and post season contest - those are worth the price of subscription just by themselves, not to mention the hundreds of pages of content delivered across all aspects!!

Thank you. A few years ago, folks expressed a strong desire for us to raise our game on IDP and Dynasty and we put our money where our mouth was and went out and got the talent to add that content. I love where it's going and the plan is to keep it rolling.

Big news for this year we're working on is making the investment in adding Gary Davenport's super popular Studs and Duds column to Footballguys this year to all the other expanded content. That hasn't been announced yet but wanted to give you folks the scoop here. but Good things ahead.

Everyone, these are available:

Thank you @Clayton Gray and Sigmund. These are fantastic.

Thank you @Dacomish. It's been good to expand the coverage. And excited to do more. One thing will be adding Gary Davenport's Studs and Duds column at Footballguys will be fun this season.

Last edited:

Thanks. Yes, the Big Board has been an important part of our Footballguys content for a long time years ago with Jene and now with Sigmund Bloom. We had it out last year May 4. This year will hope to have it ready by Tuesday May 7. Thanks.
Sadly for me this was of no help my FFPC rookie drafts started on Saturday May 4th and were pretty much done before this came out.

Maybe next year it can come out before the rookie drafts we have.

Sadly for me this was of no help my FFPC rookie drafts started on Saturday May 4th and were pretty much done before this came out.

Maybe next year it can come out before the rookie drafts we have.

Thanks. It's a balance with everything we do in trying to get the quality as high as it can be but also published as fast as we can. I wish we could snap our fingers and have everything ready May 1 with the quality folks expect but that isn't realistic. We'll continue to try and get things out earlier and earlier each year though. Thanks for sharing the feedback on timeline. It's a fantastic feature and we'd like to have it available for as many as possible.

Hi Joe,

I believe they have a monthly membership option if you don't need in season.

Users who are viewing this thread