What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloom very low on Battle.... (1 Viewer)

SCT

Footballguy
Without giving away content, Bloom is much lower on Battle than Dodds....isn't the consensus that he will at least split carries?

Battle will get at least 10 touches. If you are desperate, start him with confidence. If you have a decent back who you are confident will see more than 10 touches, start that guy.

totally unimpressed by Battle. think this backfield gets back to our pre-season expectations this week

Battle will get at least 10 touches. If you are desperate, start him with confidence. If you have a decent back who you are confident will see more than 10 touches, start that guy.
This would be my thought. Battle has not looked that skilled but he got the opportunities. Now if He is only going to see 10ish touches he is a very risky play. His performance is very dependent on TDs. It can workout but there is a lot of risk.

I believe most people starting Battle are doing so with the expectation of minimal yardage (between 30 and 60) and a good chance of a TD or two.. which amounts to double digit FF points.

I think this is a reasonable expectation.

Perhaps Bloom feels Matthews will become the bell cow and get all the goal line work and Battle will spend the day on the sidelines.

I am not a subscriber so I don't know what Blooms projections are but ultimately it's all educated guesswork at this stage.

Considering Bloom was the only person in the world who predicted Battle's breakout performance last week, I think it'd be wise to bench him. Starting Mathews with confidence.

Battle is a plodder. In a game where the Chargers' offense needs to be explosive to keep pace with New Orleans, I like Ryan Mathews to be heavily involved -- barring a fumble. It is hard to get very excited about Battle. He will get some touches, and if you need a warm body at RB who will get perhaps 10 touches, and may get a shot at the endzone in short yardage work, you could do worse than Battle.

I respect Bloom and his insight immensly. However, on Battle I stand behind. Hey, he may be right, but I still think he is a decent play for a TD, with 40 yds rushing and 3 rec. for another 25. With byes and injuries many of us don't really have great options. I place mine w/Battle.

Well that's what he is.. a bye week or flex fill in. A lesser Tolbert.

Last edited by a moderator:
battle should be good for double digit points tonight. starting with confidence. he will most likely lose value as the weeks go by, but he seems pretty safe this week. I think they get into the redzone multiple times tonight. if mathews fumbles or gets hurt again .... :popcorn:

This would be my thought. Battle has not looked that skilled but he got the opportunities. Now if He is only going to see 10ish touches he is a very risky play. His performance is very dependent on TDs. It can workout but there is a lot of risk.
I haven't watched much of SD this year, but Battle seems he's been pretty effective in his few opportunities this year. 5.1 ypc and #3 in the league in success rate. (Matthews #1 fwiw.)

I think Matthews is on a very short leash in S.D. w/the fumbling issue. I see Battle at least splitting carries tonite and for a few more weeks. One slip by Matthews and it is Battle.

I think Matthews is on a very short leash in S.D. w/the fumbling issue. I see Battle at least splitting carries tonite and for a few more weeks. One slip by Matthews and it is Battle.
Then it is also most likely Norv and AJ looking for new jobs if that's how it plays out.

Users who are viewing this thread