What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bobby Wagner released (1 Viewer)

Cody Barton is his on-team replacement (Not that you can just replace an all-pro caliber player), so he would be a good stash if available on dynasty FA wires. Barton appeared in the team's final two games of the season after Wagner suffered a knee injury, racking up 18 tackles.

As far as where he goes, its wide open as he could go just about anywhere he would want to, he could also return to Seattle on a lesser deal (unlikely). He wouldn't garner the 16 mil he would have gotten this year with the Hawks, but as his own agent he can still get a decent 1 or 2 year deal to try and win another ring. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cody Barton is his on-team replacement (Not that you can just replace an all-pro caliber player), so he would be a good stash if available on dynasty FA wires. Barton appeared in the team's final two games of the season after Wagner suffered a knee injury, racking up 18 tackles.

As far as where he goes, its wide open as he could go just about anywhere he would want to, he could also return to Seattle on a lesser deal (unlikely). He wouldn't garner the 16 mil he would have gotten this year with the Hawks, but as his own agent he can still get a decent 1 or 2 year deal to try and win another ring. 
I show Barton as only having 6 solos and 3 assists in the last two games of 2022.   I think you are thinking of Jordyn Brooks who had 11 solos and 7 assists over the last two weeks but he was doing that all season long.  Brooks is the guy I think you want as the Wagner replacement but I do think Barton will have value.   I think the ship has sailed a bit on getting Brooks on the cheap side though.  

I was able to get Brooks earlier this week thinking that Wagner would be moving on soon........I just didn't expect it to be a couple days later.  

I show Barton as only having 6 solos and 3 assists in the last two games of 2022.   I think you are thinking of Jordyn Brooks who had 11 solos and 7 assists over the last two weeks but he was doing that all season long.  Brooks is the guy I think you want as the Wagner replacement but I do think Barton will have value.   I think the ship has sailed a bit on getting Brooks on the cheap side though.  

I was able to get Brooks earlier this week thinking that Wagner would be moving on soon........I just didn't expect it to be a couple days later.  
I was going off of both the stats on MFL and FBG's Gamelogs, you may have only had week 16/17 showing as that would match up to your numbers, he had a huge week 18 game:

Week 17 vs Det 5 tackles, 2 Assists

Week 18 Vs Cardinals 7 tackles, 4 assists

He also had north of 60 Defensive snaps both games too. Like I said just an end of bench stash, easy cut bait later if he isn't the guy. But could be free right now. 

I tried to get Brooks all year. You did really well to get him now. I do own Brooks in multiple leagues but there's always room for more.

As for Bobby, I hate to say this, but I think its buyer beware. He was a total machine for years but I think his body is breaking down fast. He looked a step off last year and just didn't grade well. I hope he gets at least another season of 100+ tackles and great leadership elsewhere, but I wouldn't bank on it unless he signs with a bottom 5 offensive team.

I was going off of both the stats on MFL and FBG's Gamelogs, you may have only had week 16/17 showing as that would match up to your numbers, he had a huge week 18 game:

Week 17 vs Det 5 tackles, 2 Assists

Week 18 Vs Cardinals 7 tackles, 4 assists

He also had north of 60 Defensive snaps both games too. Like I said just an end of bench stash, easy cut bait later if he isn't the guy. But could be free right now. 
I went back and looked on MFL.  I have two leagues on MFL.  One played through week 18 and one through week 17.  I was looking at the one that played only through week 17 and the player card only showed through week 17.  I checked the other one after your post here and sure enough it had 18 weeks shown.  I would think the player card would show the whole season.  I guess the lesson here is make sure you double check that as you are researching using that tool for your league.   Thanks for the clarification.  

I went back and looked on MFL.  I have two leagues on MFL.  One played through week 18 and one through week 17.  I was looking at the one that played only through week 17 and the player card only showed through week 17.  I checked the other one after your post here and sure enough it had 18 weeks shown.  I would think the player card would show the whole season.  I guess the lesson here is make sure you double check that as you are researching using that tool for your league.   Thanks for the clarification.  
no worries, I think if your commish didn't set the season to go all 18 weeks then it wouldn't show, I did it just so stats would show the whole time even though we didn't have games that week. 

Seattle Braintrust news conf exerp from yesterday about replacing Bobby Wagner, and where Bobby may end up:

"That has yet to happen, though several reports have stated Wagner has talked to the Dallas Cowboys, where former Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is the defensive coordinator. Another report said Wilson is attempting to recruit Wagner to Denver.

After his news conference Wednesday in Denver, Wilson tweeted a picture of himself with Wagner as Seahawks and wrote “To the greatest player I’ve ever had the privilege of playing with. The best is ahead!

As for how the Seahawks and how they will replace Wagner, Carroll said for now the heir apparent is fourth-year player Cody Barton, who played middle linebacker the final two games of last season after Wagner suffered a sprained knee.

“He’s the next man up,” Carroll said. “He’s worked really hard to position himself he’s always been in that backup spot. Wish him the best and again, let the competition play it out.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-pete-carroll-john-schneider-take-blame-for-how-bobby-wagner-found-out-he-was-being-cut/

Via Shefty:

Former Seahawks’ Pro-Bowl linebacker Bobby Wagner is signing a five-year, $50 million deal worth up to $65 million with the Los Angeles Rams, per league sources. Wagner is staying in the NFC West.

Dacomish said:
Via Shefty:

Former Seahawks’ Pro-Bowl linebacker Bobby Wagner is signing a five-year, $50 million deal worth up to $65 million with the Los Angeles Rams, per league sources. Wagner is staying in the NFC West.
Ernest Jones takes a hit. 

Users who are viewing this thread