What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boehner Will Resign from Congress (1 Viewer)

Wants to get away from the non-sensical far right that wants to defund this and that, sue Obama, repeal and replace ACA, arrest Hillary and form yet another committee to investigate Benghazi after Gowdy gets done with his waste of time. No pressure on that guy at all.

I suspect he's planning to avoid the government shutdown by doing something bipartisan with Dems, which would have resulted in yet another attempt to oust him from the Speakership. This way he goes out on his own terms.

avoiding injuries said:
So the left's position is now that Boehner was the voice of reason on the right. Didn't they despise him up until an hour ago?
I always felt he would be more reasonable given a more reasonable caucus. I think he would have comprised here and there to get things done if he didn't have a bunch of people waiting to stab him in the back.

fatguyinalittlecoat said:
I suspect he's planning to avoid the government shutdown by doing something bipartisan with Dems, which would have resulted in yet another attempt to oust him from the Speakership. This way he goes out on his own terms.
:goodposting:

The continuous fight with the Far, far, far right has finally got to him.. Just a little :scared: on who they will replace him with.. :oldunsure:

fatguyinalittlecoat said:
That would be fun. A big middle finger to the crazies on his way out the door.

Good. The entire leadership of the party (and I use the word leadership extremely loosely..... frankly I shouldn't have used it at all) needs to resign. Every single one of them.

He's probably mad that they are going to start enforcing the no smoking in the building ban.

My guess he is burnt out. Fighting your own party and the opposition party on almost every turn can not be something that is easy to handle emotionally, mentally and physically over a long period of time.

The majority of House Republicans are not Tea Party members. There are enough establishment types to prevent any Tea Party guy from being elected the Speaker. However there are also probably enough TP types to prevent another establishment type from being Speaker- maybe. Have no idea how this plays out but it won't be pretty.

The majority of House Republicans are not Tea Party members. There are enough establishment types to prevent any Tea Party guy from being elected the Speaker. However there are also probably enough TP types to prevent another establishment type from being Speaker- maybe. Have no idea how this plays out but it won't be pretty.
It may take Dem votes to elect a non lunatic. This is going to be fascinating.

I really would love it if, during his exit speech, he tells the petulant children portion of the Republican caucus to grow the hell up.

I actually liked him...wasn't a religious nutjob and is a self made man.

The Republican party, and this country would be a lot better off if there were more in power like him.

:shrug:

That being said, the emotion, lack of humility and overtanning didn't do him any favors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread