What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boldin's status for Week 1 uncertain (1 Viewer)

captbly

Footballguy
Kent Somers, of The Arizona Republic, reports Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt declined to speculate on the availability of WR Anquan Boldin (hamstring) for Week 1. 'We'll see,' Whisenhunt said. 'I know it's going to be tough to keep Anquan out of this game.'

Boy I sure hope Breaston is ready to go.. this could be big for him.

Boldin says he'll play

Anquan Boldin took in the Diamondbacks-Dodgers game last night and Fox Sports Arizona, which was televising the game, caught up to him for an interview. The key: When asked if he would be able to play Sunday (he's been sitting out practice with a bad hamstring) Boldin gave his trademark "Most definitely." He did throw the caveat in there that he is assuming he doesn't have a setback, and I still want to see him practice, especially if he can get out there later today. But it's a good sign.

http://www.azcardinals.com/blog/post.php?a...r=1&id=2369

Well the injury reports come out later today, but likely won't help much in this case........Boldin is a tough guy and always wants to play...but do they really need him against the 49ers? Still like Whiz says he will likely have a tough time keeping Boldin off the field unless he just can't go.

More importants for FF lineups is that Breaston has been slowed in the pre-season and there havene't been any updates on him in the local press......the Sneaky play for a Flex or WR4 spot this week might be Jerheme Urban who had a very good camp, has a good rapport with Warner and really upgraded his stock with the team and coaches.........just saying

i kinda wish he would sit this week and make sure that hammy is A-OK. i know he wants to play, but its' a long season.

Problem is, it's a late game and most of us won't have a Sun night or Mon night option. I'm crossing my fingers on him 'cause if he doesn't go, I'm stuck. Maybe I could pick up Randle El, but I don't want to lose a player I already have for him.

FWIW, Boldin has stated he is a "full go" for the game this week. Sounds like they are just being cautious to not have him injured for week 1.

FWIW, Boldin has stated he is a "full go" for the game this week. Sounds like they are just being cautious to not have him injured for week 1.
link?
Anquan Boldin-WR- Cardinals Sep. 9 - 1:18 pm et Anquan Boldin (hamstring) told FSN late Tuesday night that he "definitely" will play in the Cardinals' opener against San Francisco.

It's unclear if "Q" practiced Wednesday, but he's often limited in workouts throughout the week then starts games. We'll have another update later on.

Source: Arizona Republic

link

Boldin barely practiced yesterday, and Whiz went from calling his chances of playing from very good to GTD.

Anyone else getting worried?

The dude is such a gamer I dont think I can sit him, but if he barely plays and gets pulled early or something, I'll be banging my head against the wall that I left DeSean Jackson on my bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very worried. Left Holmes on the bench and only other option is Avery if it comes down to it. My biggest fear also is he plays and is pulled 1st qtr.

I'm worried. My only other options are Berrian, who is an injury question mark himself, Avery at Seattle and Hester at GB...I could pick up mason if I get desperate.

Boldin is Questionable and Breaston is Probable. Look for them both to get some run this weekend against the 49ers. I expect Breaston to be more involved than Boldin because they won't want to push Boldin's hammy this early and risk a setback. Starting Breaston is 3 leagues and sitting Boldin in 2 leagues this week.

This sounds even more iffy (CBS Sportsline):

Anquan Boldin, WR ARI

News: Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin (hamstring) is limited in practice but said Friday he's running better. "It's only Week 1," Boldin said. "I've got to be smart. You don't want to risk getting injured and being out four weeks." Boldin hasn't fully practiced in three weeks.

Analysis: Boldin will likely be a game-time decision for Week 1 against San Francisco. Keep an eye on his health prior to Sunday, but be careful when setting your lineup. It sounds like Boldin might not dress if he doesn't feel 100 percent Sunday.

I'm worried. My only other options are Berrian, who is an injury question mark himself, Avery at Seattle and Hester at GB...I could pick up mason if I get desperate.
Mason is not a desperate move imo. John Clayton, fwiw, was pretty negative last night on likelihood Boldin plays.

Had NFL live on in the background yesterday and pretty sure I heard John Clayton say Boldin will not play

Both Dodds and Bloom havents lowered their projections for Boldin at all.

Not sure if that means they expect him to play, or arent changing them until tomorrow, or what.

Right now, I dont think I can start Boldin though :kicksrock:

This sucks. Dammit, I just substituted Roy Williams in for Boldin to be safe. My opponent already went off with Santonio Holmes. Nothing like starting the year 0-1.

Had NFL live on in the background yesterday and pretty sure I heard John Clayton say Boldin will not play
Clayton doesnt know WTF he's talking about.
Anquan will definitely play and light it up this year just to spit in Arizona's face on contract extensions when they try to offer it to him. They'll regret not wrapping him up for the long term.One of the classier wrs in a world full of TOs and Marshalls playing out his contract. I hope he laughs at any extension they offer him and goes somewhere else where he'll be appreciated.

Maybe so, but he's a 415PM GTD, and Boldin already said himself he'd rather sit this week than tweak it and sit for a month.I dont think its a risk worth taking at this point, although I may wait it out tomorrow and if he looks good to go plug him into the flex and bench DMC

Anquan will definitely play and light it up this year just to spit in Arizona's face on contract extensions when they try to offer it to him. They'll regret not wrapping him up for the long term.One of the classier wrs in a world full of TOs and Marshalls playing out his contract. I hope he laughs at any extension they offer him and goes somewhere else where he'll be appreciated.
If thats the case, why would he risk getting injured, even moreso, then?

If thats the case, why would he risk getting injured, even moreso, then?
Hmm..maybe cuz he's a tough dude and a gamer....like last year when he played with a BROKEN face... :lmao:

Cardinals | Boldin faces tough decision for Week 1

KFFL

Sat, 12 Sep 2009 07:36:06 -0700

Kent Somers, of The Arizona Republic, reports Arizona Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin (hamstring) said Friday, Sept. 11, that he does not want to rush his hamstring injury and be forced to sit out multiple weeks. "You don't want to risk getting injured and then being out four weeks," Boldin said. "That would be stupid. It's a long season. It's only week one. I'd rather sit out game one as opposed to sitting out four or five other games. You just have to use your discretion." Boldin will likely be a game-time decision for Week 1.

I would not put Boldin's name in ink on any FF lineup just yet.

This sounds great to me as I play against him this week and hope my opponent keeps him in his lineup. Gamer or not, one tweak of that hammy and he's out for the game! :goodposting:

Limited transactions in my league. If it was head to head, I'd be more likely to sithim, but its total points. I have until 6 p.m. today to decide. With Pierre Thomas out I don't have a great flex sub.

Boldin is right. This is game #1 and it's the 49ers. Breaston/Urban are more than capable of handling the duties, they've shown that.

Yeah, he looked real classy in the playoffs last year when he was on the sidelines having a temper-tantrem instead of being happy and celebrating with his teammates.

I'll probably keep Boldin in my lineup regardless, I don't have a whole lot of options. On my bench I have Kevin Walter who is also on the injury report. My league is dress 7 and keep 3 on the bench. So if Boldin & Walter are both out, my options would be to dump a player like Garrard/Walter/Moreno from my bench to pick up a guy like Derrick Mason or Laveranues Coles to ensure I have 2 starting WRs. Given its the first week of the season, I'm not that thrilled with dumping a player from my bench just to ensure a full & healthy starting lineup. I think I'd be able to bounce back from a 0-1 start to the season.

I'd rather that they just sit Boldin for Week 1, and let that hammy heal a bit. Breaston and Urban can handle the Niners.

Boldin's pretty much the Brian Westbrook of WRs; he gets huge numbers when he plays, but the guy's always hurt. He has only played a full 16 games once in the last 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread