What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brady vs. Manning in the playoffs -- Round 4 (1 Viewer)

Well?

• Brady and the Pats win

Votes: 78 36.8%
  • Manning and the Broncos win

Votes: 134 63.2%

• Total voters
moleculo said:
Tom Brady has never won a road playoff game in Denver or against Peyton Manning.
Wasn't there a similar statistic about Peyton Manning never beating the Chargers in the playoffs?

Run It Up said:
I don't think the Broncos can afford to play conservatively, Peyton is gonna have to beat the Pats himself.

If they don't come out swinging I think they lose, if they take an early lead and then play hyper-conservatively (see week 12) they lose, if they are on the wrong end of the turnover battle they lose, Peyton is gonna have to carry the Broncos if he wants to win.

I actually like the Pats odds of beating them more now than back in week 12.
Yeah, PM will have to do it himself. Esp since Knowshon could only manage to rack up a mere 224 on that Pats D last time.

For the 11 seasons starting in 2003, just 7 QBs have appeared in an AFC Championship game. That number seems very small to me - just shows how much Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger have dominated the conference for more than a decade.

Can you name the other four? Two are kind of easy, the other 2 are a little trickier.

Flacco (3 times)

Sanchez (2 times)

Rivers (2007)

Plummer (2005)

Last edited by a moderator:
For comparison's sake, NFC has had 15 QBs start a Championship game over the last 11 years.

McNabb (3)

Brees (2)

Delhomme (2)

Kaepernick (2)

E. Manning (2)

Rodgers (2)

Cutler

Favre

Grossman

Hasselback

Ryan

A. Smith

Vick

Warner

Wilson

Based on comments he made on radio this morning, it sounds like Brady and the Patriots are gonna play the "No one is picking us to win" disrespect card. Well, whatever it takes to get you going, I guess. But it is bull ####, as a lot of people will pick New England to win, and the betting public is already all over the Patriots and the pts, hence the line already dropping from 6 to 4.5 or 5 (depending on where you look).

Based on comments he made on radio this morning, it sounds like Brady and the Patriots are gonna play the "No one is picking us to win" disrespect card. Well, whatever it takes to get you going, I guess. But it is bull ####, as a lot of people will pick New England to win, and the betting public is already all over the Patriots and the pts, hence the line already dropping from 6 to 4.5 or 5 (depending on where you look).
Actually, the point spread is down to 4 points at some places (4.5 points others). I think it'll drop to 3 or 3.5 sometime this week.

This poll, that started off even (when the point spread was 6), is now 62.7% in favor of Peyton and the Broncos -- which is exactly the opposite trend of the way the point spread is going.

Feel like New England wins this one. I have no reason why I think it's going to happen, but something tells me they find a way to win this.

Run It Up said:
I don't think the Broncos can afford to play conservatively, Peyton is gonna have to beat the Pats himself.

If they don't come out swinging I think they lose, if they take an early lead and then play hyper-conservatively (see week 12) they lose, if they are on the wrong end of the turnover battle they lose, Peyton is gonna have to carry the Broncos if he wants to win.

Yeah, PM will have to do it himself. Esp since Knowshon could only manage to rack up a mere 224 on that Pats D last time.
Worked out real well for them didn't it.

Based on comments he made on radio this morning, it sounds like Brady and the Patriots are gonna play the "No one is picking us to win" disrespect card.
He must keep that card hidden in his sleeve. He plays it over and over and over again.

I actually want the Pats, cause the media wont make it the Peyton Manning super bowl. I dont want two weeks of manning on every damn tv across america.

I think 49ers or Seabags rip holes in either broncs or pats.

I have no problem predicting Manning and company putting up a whole lot of points. That Denver defense on the other hand might be a little more suspect than I thought. If San Diego can score like that I can see the Pats doubling that amount of points on the board.

Manning has more weapons though so he better win or this will be a truly epic collapse among many Manning post season epic collapses.

I have no problem predicting Manning and company putting up a whole lot of points. That Denver defense on the other hand might be a little more suspect than I thought. If San Diego can score like that I can see the Pats doubling that amount of points on the board.

Manning has more weapons though so he better win or this will be a truly epic collapse among many Manning post season epic collapses.
The first one wasn't epic enough?

Blame Peyton 100% for their loss in week 12, he simply refused to be responsible for the outcome of the game and in doing so ended up letting it slip away from them.

Smurfy McEdelman with 15 catches, Blount with another multiple score game and Brady bests Manning in his house. 38-34 Patsies.

I don't care how mad Peyton gets when he's told he's not a cold-weather QB, he's simply not.

But since early forecasts are calling for mild temperatures, let's say Denver 42, New England 31. Manning throws for 315/3 and Moreno just misses another 200-yard rushing game (188/1). Ball also runs for a TD and Holliday finally runs back a return for a score.

Denver O makes up for Harris' absence on D by putting the pedal to the metal early and often.

WR: Welker, Decker, Thomas

RB: Moreno, Ball

TE: Thomas
DEF Efficiency: 15th

OFF Efficiency: 1st

Home Field: Yes

WR: Edelman, Amendola, Vereen

RB: Blount, Ridley

TE: Hoomanawanui

DEF Efficiency: 21st

DEF Efficiency: 4th

Home Field: No

Seems pretty evenly matched :lol:

For the 11 seasons starting in 2003, just 7 QBs have appeared in an AFC Championship game. That number seems very small to me - just shows how much Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger have dominated the conference for more than a decade.

Can you name the other four? Two are kind of easy, the other 2 are a little trickier.

Flacco (3 times)

Sanchez (2 times)

Rivers (2007)

Plummer (2005)
sanchez....flacco.....rivers......plummer?

This game would have been even more interesting if both teams were at full strength. In NE's case, it would have been fun to watch the team they thought they had early in the offseason (a healthy Gronk, a pre-postal Hernandez, Amendola with his groin still attached, Vollmer, Wilfork, Mayo, Spikes, Adrian Wilson, Kelly, Armond Armstead, Boyce, Thompkins, Dobson, etc.).

This game would have been even more interesting if both teams were at full strength. In NE's case, it would have been fun to watch the team they thought they had early in the offseason (a healthy Gronk, a pre-postal Hernandez, Amendola with his groin still attached, Vollmer, Wilfork, Mayo, Spikes, Adrian Wilson, Kelly, Armond Armstead, Boyce, Thompkins, Dobson, etc.).
is that to say that it's not going to be fun because of the key injuries listed above and Denver being without half of its starting D due to injury? I think it has the potential to be plenty interesting

HC: Bill Belichick

HC: John Fox

I disagree.

is that to say that it's not going to be fun because of the key injuries listed above and Denver being without half of its starting D due to injury? I think it has the potential to be plenty interesting
It will be interesting either way, but IMO it's always a better test when both teams are at 100%.

I disagree.
Also left out special teams. Significant difference between the Pats (top 10%) and Broncos (bottom 10%) on the ST side of the ball.

Run It Up said:
MoveToSkypager said:
[icon] said:

I disagree.
Also left out special teams. Significant difference between the Pats (top 10%) and Broncos (bottom 10%) on the ST side of the ball.
:yes:

I haven't figured a score yet, but I'm thinking it's not going to be close. Manning is a stud and sensible Pats fans will agree, but he can't do everything. And even Manning can't overcome opportunistic and confusing defenses like those that is run by BB.

I'll take Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, the points, and predict an outright win for the Patriots in come from behind fashion, with Peyton Manning choking late.

Pats 32 Broncos 28

And it will be as simple as Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning. Because he is.

[icon] said:
Run It Up said:
Not QUITE but point made. Still...
28th out of 32 teams, so the bottom 14%, my apologies.
yea, that horrendous kickoff coverage is really apparent. These rankings are stupid. (Oh sorry you play in Denver so have a massive penalty)

MoveToSkypager said:
[icon] said:

I disagree.
Den OC: Peyton Manning

Left that out...

Tom Brady is playing up the Patriots as an underdog this week as they prepare for the AFC Championship Game in Denver. Despite beating the Broncos in Week 12, New England has opened as a five-point underdog for Sunday. And Brady said in an interview on the “Dennis & Callahan” show on WEEI in Boston on Monday that it was the right role for his team.

“I know when we played Baltimore no one picked us to win and no one’s gonna pick us to win this week,” Brady said. “We’ve had our backs against the wall for a while, really the whole season. We’ve lost players and teams have really counted us out. We’ve got a bunch of underdogs on our team and we’ll be underdogs again. We’ll see how that shakes out at the end of the week.”
Poor Tommy. Nobody ever believes in his team.

:sadbanana:

Tom Brady is playing up the Patriots as an underdog this week as they prepare for the AFC Championship Game in Denver. Despite beating the Broncos in Week 12, New England has opened as a five-point underdog for Sunday. And Brady said in an interview on the Dennis & Callahan show on WEEI in Boston on Monday that it was the right role for his team.

I know when we played Baltimore no one picked us to win and no ones gonna pick us to win this week, Brady said. Weve had our backs against the wall for a while, really the whole season. Weve lost players and teams have really counted us out. Weve got a bunch of underdogs on our team and well be underdogs again. Well see how that shakes out at the end of the week.
Poor Tommy. Nobody ever believes in his team. :sadbanana:
:lmao:

Tom Brady is playing up the Patriots as an underdog this week as they prepare for the AFC Championship Game in Denver. Despite beating the Broncos in Week 12, New England has opened as a five-point underdog for Sunday. And Brady said in an interview on the Dennis & Callahan show on WEEI in Boston on Monday that it was the right role for his team.

I know when we played Baltimore no one picked us to win and no ones gonna pick us to win this week, Brady said. Weve had our backs against the wall for a while, really the whole season. Weve lost players and teams have really counted us out. Weve got a bunch of underdogs on our team and well be underdogs again. Well see how that shakes out at the end of the week.
Poor Tommy. Nobody ever believes in his team. :sadbanana:
:lmao:

Worked out real well for them didn't it.
Yes, genius. It was Moreno's fault they lost, as he wasn't a significant offensive threat and didn't contribute anything toward Denver's 31 pts last time out.

Flacco (3 times)

Sanchez (2 times)

Rivers (2007)

Plummer (2005)
Mark Sanchez

Rich Gannon

Joe Flacco

Phillip Rivers

Flacco (3 times)

Sanchez (2 times)

Rivers (2007)

Plummer (2005)
Mark Sanchez

Rich Gannon

Joe Flacco

Phillip Rivers
3-4, meh.

Tom Brady is playing up the Patriots as an underdog this week as they prepare for the AFC Championship Game in Denver. Despite beating the Broncos in Week 12, New England has opened as a five-point underdog for Sunday. And Brady said in an interview on the “Dennis & Callahan” show on WEEI in Boston on Monday that it was the right role for his team.

“I know when we played Baltimore no one picked us to win and no one’s gonna pick us to win this week,” Brady said. “We’ve had our backs against the wall for a while, really the whole season. We’ve lost players and teams have really counted us out. We’ve got a bunch of underdogs on our team and we’ll be underdogs again. We’ll see how that shakes out at the end of the week.”
Poor Tommy. Nobody ever believes in his team.

:sadbanana:
This is the first game since 2006 that the Pats have been underdogs, according to ESPN.

Poor Tom Brady. :violin:

Users who are viewing this thread