What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brady's suspension overturned. Playing week 1 (1 Viewer)

Whats the point of the NFL even giving out suspensions any more? NFLPA can just go crying to the courts and get it overturned for some reason or another.

It like telling your parents they can decide if you get to eat cake if they give you a $10 allowance but when they say you can't eat cake for the next 4 weeks because of X reason you go to social services to say its a crime and that you never did X.
Congrats for winning the dumbest analogy in the history of the universe award.
TDorBust...are you an attorney for the NFL?

Not surprising at all.

If the league had strong enough evidence then this would have been settled long ago even with Brady's appeal.

So you can break your company's rules that you agreed by contract to follow, can destroy evidence that shows you intentionally violated those rules and your contract, and you can expect no punishment due to protection from the courts?

What could possibly go wrong?

My question is, why hasn't Brady already been playing 'mad' already this preseason? Where his favorite target seems to be the other team.

Brady's going to have an epic season.
He's already had epic seasons and in my opinion would have played with more of a chip on his shoulder if the ban would not have been lifted. If anything, it now motivates other teams, opens the door for ridiculous questions all season long by media if he does end up doing well.

This whole thing has been such a joke, even more so than the pass call by Seattle at the goaline.
What kind of ridiculous questions will be asked if he ends up doing well this season ?

Wow, surprised it as totally nullified, but probably the right call.

Unfortunate that it had to be overturned on a team that is a proven cheat while this idiot self absorbed commish destroyed a franchise for a couple years in bountygate, but nice to see Goodell get his a little, finally.

I look like a genius right about now.
Why is it when something big happens that some people's first reaction is to say look at me, look at me. This isn't about you, talk about the news and how it relates to the NFL or fantasy football.

The odds in Vegas are certainly different on the Pats than what it was before to repeat and certainly win their division.

As utterly annoying as this whole thing has been, it helped me get Tom Brady as the QB10 in my draft. Thank you Roger.

Brady could be that fantasy difference maker for a lot of teams, especially if he plays in FU mode

Last edited by a moderator:
He's already had epic seasons and in my opinion would have played with more of a chip on his shoulder if the ban would not have been lifted. If anything, it now motivates other teams, opens the door for ridiculous questions all season long by media if he does end up doing well.This whole thing has been such a joke, even more so than the pass call by Seattle at the goaline.
What kind of ridiculous questions will be asked if he ends up doing well this season ?
Were the balls deflated a little and that's why you did so well?

So you can break your company's rules that you agreed by contract to follow, can destroy evidence that shows you intentionally violated those rules and your contract, and you can expect no punishment due to protection from the courts?

I'm assuming you're talking about the NFL punishing brady when the rules said he wasn't allowed to, their refusal to share their evidence or allow the attorney who edited the Wells report to testify, and the court refusing to find them in contempt when overturning their ruling.

That you are fined $1 million (the most in NFL history) and have draft picks taken away.

Unfortunate that it had to be overturned on a team that is a proven cheat while this idiot self absorbed commish destroyed a franchise for a couple years in bountygate, but nice to see Goodell get his a little, finally.
This really calls spygate into question, where Goodell again ruled and then destroyed the evidence used to make the ruling. Pretty much exonerated the pats of ever having cheated now that we know the shameful depths the nfl front office went to to unfairly attack them.

That you are fined $1 million (the most in NFL history) and have draft picks taken away.
I didn't know Brady had draft picks

I'm assuming you're talking about the NFL punishing brady when the rules said he wasn't allowed to, their refusal to share their evidence or allow the attorney who edited the Wells report to testify, and the court refusing to find them in contempt when overturning their ruling.
Wow. What a surprising take from you.

Saw on twitter that the NFL has had decisions on Bountygate, Rice, Peterson, and now Brady overturned. Nice track record.

I'm not a Brady defender, just a Goodell hater.

Iwannabeacowboybaby! said:
Casting Couch said:
Iwannabeacowboybaby! said:
ponchsox said:
He's already had epic seasons and in my opinion would have played with more of a chip on his shoulder if the ban would not have been lifted. If anything, it now motivates other teams, opens the door for ridiculous questions all season long by media if he does end up doing well.This whole thing has been such a joke, even more so than the pass call by Seattle at the goaline.
Were the balls deflated a little and that's why you did so well?
He's been playing well for 14 years.

Adrian Peterson sits an entire season for spanking his kids.

Tom Brady gets off scot-free for cheating in a championship game.

Fail.

Bronco Billy said:

Works for Hillary but in Brady's case, it is actually just speculation and not a lot of information that legitimately casts doubt on the plaintiff's side.

Bronco Billy said:
bostonfred said:
Bronco Billy said:

Wow. What a surprising take from you.
Why would it be surprising? He just paraphrased what the judge who decided the case said and ruled on.

Under the CBA, players have not been put on notice that if they cheat, they can/will be suspended. Under the CBA, players have not been put on notice that if they willfully conceal and destroy evidence that could be used in an investigation, they can/will be suspended. Bottom line is that Brady cheated and destroyed evidence, but can't be suspended for it because he wasn't put on notice beforehand. Some nice legal gymnastics there. The Patriot Way.

Fail.
Yes because making a four year olds #### bleed is not nearly as reprensible as allegedly violating a rule less impactful than a chop block.

What color is the sky in your world?

TDorBust said:
Whats the point of the NFL even giving out suspensions any more? NFLPA can just go crying to the courts and get it overturned for some reason or another.

It like telling your parents they can decide if you get to eat cake if they give you a $10 allowance but when they say you can't eat cake for the next 4 weeks because of X reason you go to social services to say its a crime and that you never did X.
Give out suspensions based on your own documented policies, and nothing gets overturned. Make s%!t up and get slapped down for basic due process and fairness. Pretty simple, really.

Fail.
Yes because making a four year olds #### bleed is not nearly as reprensible as allegedly violating a rule less impactful than a chop block.

What color is the sky in your world?
Is it the color where courts of law ought to be ruling on crimes, and the NFL ought to be ruling on football stuff?

Fail.
That's a very poor comparison and I'm assuming you're not a parent. Peterson beat his child with a stick and caused bleeding. That is SO MUCH worse than spanking. If he just spanked him it would have been a non issue.

Brady cheating is still up in the air and from what all the retired QBs have been saying it seems like almost all QBs do things like this. I'm not trying to defend Brady, in fact I really dislike him.

Anyway, football's more exciting when the best players are playing. And Pats still ended up shamed and punished as cheats. I like it as a result. :thumbup:

It also makes week one survivor a lot easier.

Everyone but doosh patriot Brady gobbler fans know this is a BS ruling, they always have excuses & explanations about why they cheat. No wonder everyone hates these #@#@#s.

Brady finished QB8 in my league last year. He's got Gronk to throw to and then a whole lot of good but not elite players. Some (Edelman, LaFell) who are now injured.

He's great value if you got him in a late round pick, but I don't see how instantly he goes into the top 5 QB conversation. I'd still rather have Romo, Ben, Brees, or Manning.

I know hes Tom Brady but any fear of rust with (if I recall correctly) so few preseason snaps?

As a huge Steelers fan...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I really hope they've been preparing for Brady this whole time, because if not then they're the ones that really get screwed by all this.

Goodell says he's going to appeal the ruling. Does this mean that Brady still plays week 1?
The league is not asking for an injunction to prevent Brady from playing. He should be all systems go for the entire season, as the appeal most likely won't be heard until 2016.

Brady finished QB8 in my league last year. He's got Gronk to throw to and then a whole lot of good but not elite players. Some (Edelman, LaFell) who are now injured.

He's great value if you got him in a late round pick, but I don't see how instantly he goes into the top 5 QB conversation. I'd still rather have Romo, Ben, Brees, or Manning.
From Week 5 on last year he was QB2. In his last 16 games played including the SB, he put up 4400/40. With almost the same cast of characters.

I've had Brady a couple different years and never really enjoyed it. I don't know why but I just always seemed to be getting outscored by the opposing team's QB. Brady just never really put up any huge fantasy numbers recently.

Fantasysports1 said:
Looks like the late QB strategy is really good this year. Get either Bradford, Brady or both. Getting one of the those late can give you an advantage if you load up on RB/WR.
Been doing this all summer :pickle:

Fantasysports1 said:
Looks like the late QB strategy is really good this year. Get either Bradford, Brady or both. Getting one of the those late can give you an advantage if you load up on RB/WR.
This depends on who you're drafting but I've enjoyed waiting longer and getting Tannehill. I think Tannehill finishes the season ahead of Brady.

Fantasysports1 said:
This depends on who you're drafting but I've enjoyed waiting longer and getting Tannehill. I think Tannehill finishes the season ahead of Brady.
He might, but I've been getting Brady and Bradford consistently in the round 8-10 area, and fully expect one or both to finish in the QB6-7 area. Took them both just a couple of days ago in an MFL 50 at 8.10/9.03, and they were generally available much later just a couple of weeks ago.

Hope the Patriots go 0-4.
I'm guessing you won't be happy when they end the season 16-0 instead.
I hadn't thought about that. If they have great success and win it again or if a team they play in the first four weeks misses the playoffs by one game, we will hear nothing but "THey shouldn't have missed th eplayoffs because Brady shouldn't have been playing and we would have won that game".

Users who are viewing this thread