What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

If my league doesn't credit Gore for scoring a offensive TD, I could lose tomorrow. Gore being penalized tor Kaepernick's fumbled doesn't make alot of sense.

In two leagues my team totally crapped the bed. Sucks but it is okay in a way. I need not beat myself up over lineup decisions.

In my third league all players are done and I am losing 63.64-63.44. (Stat adjustments could change the result.) I started the Browns defense over the Cardinals. 26 points right there. I also started Gordon over Decker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starters:

P manning

A Peterson

Doug Martin

Dem Murray

Cal Johnson

Denario Alexander

Brandon myers

Tucker

Det dst

Bench:

Colin kaepernick

Beanie wells

Dez bryant

Cecil shorts

Dennis pitta

I lost

If you were a time traveler from the future and you told me martin would have 2 wilson 6 and dx0 and lions D-1 v Cards and i would still win my league championship I would not have believed you :shock: . Brady peterson and hernandez saved me :yes:

BAHHH - If i started Atlanta over NE defense - I would be down 1 point with Greene left now I'm down 13...... :angry: Stupid minny kicker

ALthough I made the finals in my other league :excited:

My keeper league dream team is done. Best team I've put together so far.

Rodgers / Martin / Ridley / Megatron / AJ Green / Amendola (because Harvin is on IR) ..

Picked up the Rams D since they were ranked so high this week. -3 from them.

6.8 combined from Martin and Ridley. So 3.8 combined from my 2 RBs and D.

Opponent had what I believe was the 2 highest scoring WRs, Andre Johnson and Julio Jones.

freaking Ridley. Now I have to cut one.. and since this is a PPR league, I'm leaning towards cutting or trading Rodgers or Doug Martin, and keeping my big 3 WRs (Megatron, AJ Green, Harvin). Long time to think about it now.

####### fantasy football >:\

Playing for 3rd in two leagues and going the SB in one.

Still.....losing the other games this week was just awful.

Tynes and Welker did me in in one.....and in the other Jamal Charles....unreal.

Normaly come here to vent but not today!!!

Made 2 of 2 chamiponships

Played Ridley all season but benched him for Moreno this week

Started Russell Wilson

:wub: Adrian Peterson & Calvin Johnson :wub:

'Lott said:
3 leagues, 1st, 1st and 2nd in scoring on the season... 3 losses (very likely) this week.Bedcrappers:Ryan Mathews in all three leagues.Ray Rice in two leagues.Lawrence Tynes in two leagues. (ZERO???)Martellus Bennett in two leagues.Cleveland D. Detroit D.Doug Martin.Hey, two leagues have a 3rd place payout, and one has a nominal points total winner (= league fees). /silverliningWhat a crap week. :yucky:
I got lucky to survive Tynes, but Martin killed me in another. Cruz also hurt me in that league, but a big game by him would have lost me in the other because of Tynes, D. Thomas and Charles. A decent game by Martin (9 carries against the worst rushing D?, especially with the incentive of keeping Brees off the field) would have helped a lot and CJ wouldn't have to have his 3rd best game of the year for me tonight.Detroit D also sucked because they actually played well. Arizona scored 38 points. 14 on two INT returns (sucks, but my leagues counts that against the D) and 14 more when Logan fumbles the punt at the 5 yard line and Stafford throws another pick at the 3 yard line. That last Cardinals TD was an INT returned to the Lions 29. So, I got -5 for 28+ points against when 35 of Arizona's 38 points were a total of 37 yards from the offense. Not saying Detroit would have stymied them completely, but there only other scoring drive was an 8 play 30 yard drive for a 50+ yard FG. I think if Stafford and Logan don't poop the bed, Arizona more likely scores 10-13 points and probably has some more turnovers, especially if the Lions O got a lead instead of handing the game to Arizona. Think about this, Arizona had 81 total yards on 10 3 play or less drives (8 yards per drive), but scored TDs on 3 of them. Detroit also had 10 drives of 3 or less plays and effectively scored 2 TDs on them, unfortunately the 2 TDs were by the Arizona D (plus 3 yards of Arizona O).

9 leagues, 7 playoff teams, 5 going this weekend and my worst team is the only one to advance. There is nothing you can do when you run into a buzz saw like ADP. But losing when you play Eli instead of Roth stings a little. Oh well...

The guy I was playing made a late switch..put Matthews in and took out Moreno. I won by 2 points. :thumbup:

Took out the team with the best record, most points and the ADP-Calvin combo. Thank you Russell Wilson and Shayne Graham. My stinky team is in the finals.

Two leagues, two super bowls next week!

Benched DX for Cobb in one, benched Moreno for Julio in another...both moves netted me vital points.

Although in one league, my opponent's Tom Brady nearly gave me a heart attack last night.

Snagged Pitta on a whim on Thursday. Thus edging the one seed (and Adrian Peterson) by five points on Sunday.

Thank you Dennis and thank you random, blind, dumb luck.

Had my lowest scoring week of the season in the first week of our playoffs, against my best friend (and arch rival in FF).

Amongst other fails (Stafford, Meyers), my 3 WRs combined for 4 points (D. Thomas, DX, Gordon).

Can't expect too much when you start a bunch of non-stars, but chalk it up to injuries, poor drafting, etc. :ptts:

I did reach the championship game in my other league, though!

I picked Percy Harvin back up with a note to the league saying that I didn't want him to miss the championship celebration. Gonna look like a real @#$% if I don't win, testing karma every step of the way :)

Here's a good rant.... Hoping someone here can relate....

I've been doing fantasy for nine years, and was in five redrafts and two dynasties this year . I figure I've played a total of 32 seasons and have ended up with two championships and two runner up crowns. I'm going to make a guess that I've been in the top quarter in the league in points about 75% of the time and maybe more. I use FBG religiously but I also watch game recaps and visit a multitude of web sites. I digest everything and make my own draft and lineup decisions. I try not to fall in love with players and I have always diversified my players (except for a handful of names) over all of my leagues. I'm pretty confident that I spend more time in preparation than the majority of my league mates, and I wouldn't consider any of these leagues to be "shark leagues". Yesterday, my last three playoff teams were bounced. My 11-2 #1 seed and high points leader got bounced by the #6 and missed the finals. The same exact thing happened in the same league last year. I tried my hand at a start up dynasty last year and have finished ninth of twelve and twelfth of twelve the past two years.

So obviously, this post focuses more on "long term" bad luck as opposed to "one game" or "one season" bad luck. Obviously, two championships in 32 seasons is well below average, and even two runner up crowns isn't exceptional by any means. Anyone else want to vent about some long term fantasy misfortune? Thanks for listening!

Started :wall: Dalton :wall: over :wall: Kaepernick :wall: And :wall: Rice :wall: over :wall: Chris Johnson. :wall:

On the bright side, the 2013 draft preparation has just started.

Here's a good rant.... Hoping someone here can relate....I've been doing fantasy for nine years, and was in five redrafts and two dynasties this year . I figure I've played a total of 32 seasons and have ended up with two championships and two runner up crowns. I'm going to make a guess that I've been in the top quarter in the league in points about 75% of the time and maybe more. I use FBG religiously but I also watch game recaps and visit a multitude of web sites. I digest everything and make my own draft and lineup decisions. I try not to fall in love with players and I have always diversified my players (except for a handful of names) over all of my leagues. I'm pretty confident that I spend more time in preparation than the majority of my league mates, and I wouldn't consider any of these leagues to be "shark leagues". Yesterday, my last three playoff teams were bounced. My 11-2 #1 seed and high points leader got bounced by the #6 and missed the finals. The same exact thing happened in the same league last year. I tried my hand at a start up dynasty last year and have finished ninth of twelve and twelfth of twelve the past two years.So obviously, this thread focuses more on "long term" bad luck as opposed to "one game" or "one season" bad luck. Obviously, two championships in 32 seasons is well below average, and even two runner up crowns isn't exceptional by any means. Anyone else want to vent about some long term fantasy misfortune? Thanks for listening!
Chit luck..I am in the finals again his week with my worst team ever. 14 team league and 8 teams make the playoffs..I was the 8th seed anmd took out #1 this week. I never won with my best teams..that is FF.

I would like to thank Jimmy Graham, Reggie Wayne, Eli Manning, Doug Martin, and Josh Gordon for being useless ##### bags. Reggie Wayne and Jimmy Graham really faded badly at the end of the year. And I owned Eli Manning for the first time this year, and I will never own that useless scum bag again.

3 leagues, 1st, 1st and 2nd in scoring on the season... 3 losses (very likely) this week.Bedcrappers:Ryan Mathews in all three leagues.Ray Rice in two leagues.Lawrence Tynes in two leagues. (ZERO???)Martellus Bennett in two leagues.Cleveland D. Detroit D.Doug Martin.Hey, two leagues have a 3rd place payout, and one has a nominal points total winner (= league fees). /silverliningWhat a crap week. :yucky:
I share your pain. I got the bye in two leagues, and lost both games. I had the worst week of my year this week, after being the highest scoring team for the year. And scoring more points than anyone else last week. The other league we lost to a better team. I had Ray Rice in both leagues. Doug Martin in one league. Tynes in one league. Detroit in one league. I also had Reggie Wayne in both leagues. I lost RGIII and had to play Eli, who was awful. I agree, a crap week.

Here's a good rant.... Hoping someone here can relate....I've been doing fantasy for nine years, and was in five redrafts and two dynasties this year . I figure I've played a total of 32 seasons and have ended up with two championships and two runner up crowns. I'm going to make a guess that I've been in the top quarter in the league in points about 75% of the time and maybe more. I use FBG religiously but I also watch game recaps and visit a multitude of web sites. I digest everything and make my own draft and lineup decisions. I try not to fall in love with players and I have always diversified my players (except for a handful of names) over all of my leagues. I'm pretty confident that I spend more time in preparation than the majority of my league mates, and I wouldn't consider any of these leagues to be "shark leagues". Yesterday, my last three playoff teams were bounced. My 11-2 #1 seed and high points leader got bounced by the #6 and missed the finals. The same exact thing happened in the same league last year. I tried my hand at a start up dynasty last year and have finished ninth of twelve and twelfth of twelve the past two years.So obviously, this thread focuses more on "long term" bad luck as opposed to "one game" or "one season" bad luck. Obviously, two championships in 32 seasons is well below average, and even two runner up crowns isn't exceptional by any means. Anyone else want to vent about some long term fantasy misfortune? Thanks for listening!
In my draft league I have been the highest scoring team for the year four times. I made the playoffs five times. I had the bye four times. And again this year, I had the bye and lost my first game. That is the fourth time that has happened. I made the Championship game last year for the first time, and lost. Last year I barely made the playoffs and proceeded to win two to get to the Championship. I'm beginning to believe that I will never win a Championship, in the league I created.

I had the highest scoring team on the league and the #1 seed in the playoffs

Then yesterday happens:

Hakeem Nicks + Demaryius Thomas + Doug Martin + Jamaal Charles = 11.6 total points.

This is why fantasy football breaks your heart.

Team was 10-0, now is going on to lose 3 of the last 4 games & getting KO'd the 1st round of playoffs.
My other team had 1 loss from early in the season, league points leader, first round bye, lost first game of the playoffs. What really stings is I needed a RB upgrade so having Matty Ice I traded Brees & a few pieces for Lynch & a couple pieces, the team with Brees knocked me out.

I had the worst week of my year this week, after being the highest scoring team for the year.
One last nugget to go with my sour grapes and wine:My week 15 score in the league I was the overall points leader through 14 weeks was my lowest score since week 8 of 2007. 86 consecutive games with a higher score than this week. :yucky:

:pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

Third championship, and only 3-time winner in the league's 8 year history.

5th Super Bowl appearance.

7th season with the regular season best record.

6th season as the regular season points champ.

:pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

Survived DX and laid the ### whipping on my opponent with the league's high score. Kinda felt sorry for him as he had the 2nd highest score and the other game had two really low scores. Just glad it wasn't me.

Gunning for my 4th title in 6 years. Oh yeah!

Screw you Shonn Greene, and screw you belljr for not starting Falcons defense and picking up DW and starting him :wall:

1 out of 3 finals isn't bad :mellow:

Just not good enough for me.

Lost by 5.4. CJ's second half killed me. The TD gave me so much hope up only needing CJ to grab 6.5pts the rest of the game. However, he was useless. I would have crushed both teams in the other match-up by 30+ points. Though I cannot complain as expecting CJ2K to go for 23+ points isn't realistic. In any other scenario I'd be happy with his game, but I needed an even more explosive game. Gotta be one of the only games all year he didn't register a catch. Go 3/40 and gives me the win. Stacking 8 in the box all night, a screen pass would have been a great change of pace given how poorly Locker was throwing the ball downfield.

Why did I pick up Lions D off waivers only to bench them in favor of the Rams (Lions D = win)

DX lays a goose egg at the worst possible time. 3/40 gives me the win.

/frustrating_rant

3 leagues, 1st, 1st and 2nd in scoring on the season... 3 losses (very likely) this week.

Bedcrappers:

Ryan Mathews in all three leagues.

Ray Rice in two leagues.

Lawrence Tynes in two leagues. (ZERO???)

Martellus Bennett in two leagues.

Cleveland D. Detroit D.

Doug Martin.

Hey, two leagues have a 3rd place payout, and one has a nominal points total winner (= league fees). /silverlining

What a crap week. :yucky:
I share your pain. I got the bye in two leagues, and lost both games. I had the worst week of my year this week, after being the highest scoring team for the year. And scoring more points than anyone else last week. The other league we lost to a better team. I had Ray Rice in both leagues. Doug Martin in one league. Tynes in one league. Detroit in one league. I also had Reggie Wayne in both leagues. I lost RGIII and had to play Eli, who was awful. I agree, a crap week.
I see that exact string of sentences, word for word, EVERY SINGLE YEAR (and have experienced it a time or two myself). We made a switch in one of my leagues where the final 4 teams do a two-week round robin and the scores are added for the two weeks. Only been doing it for a few years but has already definitely smoothed out the randomness of that one bad week sinking your entire great and consistent season.

survived starting DX, Muscle Hamster, Gordon, Antrel Rolle, and EJ Biggers in my 12 team PPR redraft. I won thanks to benching Freeman in lieu of Matt Ice 5 mins before kickoff. Also got some great advice from the good dr on some DL starters who have been a sore spot for me all year long. Long story short I am in the finals after beating the #1 seed (I was #5) by a score of 206.65 to 206.35. I am holding my breath on thursday's stat corrections.

Barring any scoring changes, I'm in my league final in all 4 leagues this year! :football: :thumbup: :excited: :boxing: :nerd: :) :D :coffee:

3 leagues 2 championship games

Best week of the league history last week. :excited: Also top score out of over 100 leagues this season :thumbup:

Lineup

Wilson 41 points (Made me forget about RG3)

CJ 18 points

CJ Spiller 19 points

AJ Green 18 points

Andre 32 points

Megatron 22 points (Aaron Rodgers/D. Moore) for MEGA/AJ looking sweet.

Pitta 32 points I don't need Pettigrew healthy

Hartley 11 points

CIN 19 points

Total = 212

Just hope I didn't blow my load this week. I've seen this team stink it up before.

3 leagues, 1st, 1st and 2nd in scoring on the season... 3 losses (very likely) this week.

Bedcrappers:

Ryan Mathews in all three leagues.

Ray Rice in two leagues.

Lawrence Tynes in two leagues. (ZERO???)

Martellus Bennett in two leagues.

Cleveland D. Detroit D.

Doug Martin.

Hey, two leagues have a 3rd place payout, and one has a nominal points total winner (= league fees). /silverlining

What a crap week. :yucky:
I see that exact string of sentences, word for word, EVERY SINGLE YEAR (and have experienced it a time or two myself). We made a switch in one of my leagues where the final 4 teams do a two-week round robin and the scores are added for the two weeks. Only been doing it for a few years but has already definitely smoothed out the randomness of that one bad week sinking your entire great and consistent season.
That is an interesting idea. Although the only one seemingly, to suffer from this problem, is me. So I don't know if I could convince the rest of the league to go for it.

2nd highest scoring team, averaging 92/week, 16 man league, I drafted from #14 and killed it this season. Then, week 15:

Stafford: 3

Charles: 2

Wilson: 6 (over Decker's 19, FML)

Ridley: 0

Julio: 20 (yay?)

Wayne: 1

Scheffler: 3 (over Rudolph's 2)

Lions: 3

Prater: 10

48. Lowest total in at least six years. So f*&k you, 2012 team.

I had a strong suspicion that whomever Belichick was playing against in his FF semis had Ridley, I just knew it....

Here's a good rant.... Hoping someone here can relate....I've been doing fantasy for nine years, and was in five redrafts and two dynasties this year . I figure I've played a total of 32 seasons and have ended up with two championships and two runner up crowns. I'm going to make a guess that I've been in the top quarter in the league in points about 75% of the time and maybe more. I use FBG religiously but I also watch game recaps and visit a multitude of web sites. I digest everything and make my own draft and lineup decisions. I try not to fall in love with players and I have always diversified my players (except for a handful of names) over all of my leagues. I'm pretty confident that I spend more time in preparation than the majority of my league mates, and I wouldn't consider any of these leagues to be "shark leagues". Yesterday, my last three playoff teams were bounced. My 11-2 #1 seed and high points leader got bounced by the #6 and missed the finals. The same exact thing happened in the same league last year. I tried my hand at a start up dynasty last year and have finished ninth of twelve and twelfth of twelve the past two years.So obviously, this post focuses more on "long term" bad luck as opposed to "one game" or "one season" bad luck. Obviously, two championships in 32 seasons is well below average, and even two runner up crowns isn't exceptional by any means. Anyone else want to vent about some long term fantasy misfortune? Thanks for listening!
I can feel your pain WRT bad beats with good teams this year. Two top 2 seed teams relegated to 3rd place game by sub 500 teams. Only 1 good team in the championship. Playoffs are a crap shoot. :shrug:

Screw you Shonn Greene, and screw you belljr for not starting Falcons defense and picking up DW and starting him :wall: 1 out of 3 finals isn't bad :mellow:
Official my 9 game WIN streak came to an end and the #1 seed was bounced because of 2 poor coaching decisions :kicksrock:

Riding a 9 game win streak into the final, projected to win, but lineup decisions are paralyzing me this week. Does Romeo Crennel have a twitter account?

Users who are viewing this thread