What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

I dropped Hartline , Roberts and Sanders before yesterday's game to take fliers on some RB scrubs. Since Hartline & Roberts went off yesteray, I expect Sanders to go off week 5 against the Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Down by 15 at kick-off with Marshall left to play, against Cowboys D. Up by 7 down, thanks to Cowboys DST not doing anything and Marshall is producing. I am up 7, heading to a 4-0 mark in my money league.

Dropped Romo on Sat in a league with shallow benches, since I was getting murdered by injuries (thanks Nicks!) and needed the roster spot. I thought with a bye coming up, I might just be able to sneak him through waivers. Now, I'm not sure if I'm even putting in a claim on him.

Dallas's O-line looks terrible, but he's making things worse.

Guy in our league had DeMarco and Marshall vs. Forte. Down big. Marshall goes over 100 yards (5 point bonus) then catches a garbage TD when you'd think Forte/Bush would just be killing the clock. Forte pulled immediately, game over.

Was beating my BIL by 48 points going into last night. He got 49 from Cutler and Marshal. DAMN!

Sure do wish Ray Rice had rushed for one more yard and a five point bonus.

I am just disgusted.

The garbage time TD by Marshall cost me wins in 2 leagues.

I get garbage time points matter - especially when a RB on the winning team is trying to kill clock - but why the Bears were throwing and why Marshall was in there and why the Cowboys decided they didn't remember how to play defense on that one play is just frustrating.

On Saturday I made 3 changes to my starting lineup:

- benched Cutler for Locker

- benched Morris for Green-Ellis

- benched Hartline for Randy Moss

Also had a toss-up decision for defense, started Jets over Bengals

My bench of 9 outscored my starting lineup of 11...

Usually vent, but let me brag for once in this thread. Just traded for Aaron Rodgers. Only cost me Stafford and Boldin. Also working on deal to get Roddy for Sproles and Stevie Johnson.

How is this for a jacked up team? Vick/Cutler...McFadden/R Mathews/Sproles/R Williams...Graham/Gates/Cobb/Hernandez/DHB...the list goes on. Then because I I used 4 waivers last week to replace injured guys the league votes in a two waiver limit...so I am now 1-3 with no way of digging out. Oh well - at least my Rams won a game.

How is this for a jacked up team? Vick/Cutler...McFadden/R Mathews/Sproles/R Williams...Graham/Gates/Cobb/Hernandez/DHB...the list goes on. Then because I I used 4 waivers last week to replace injured guys the league votes in a two waiver limit...so I am now 1-3 with no way of digging out. Oh well - at least my Rams won a game.
I hate changing rules midseason. Irks me

Had the choice of either Ryan Williams or Brent Celek (no mandatory TE) @ FLEX...of course I chose Williams. He's going backwards in the second half. FML :bag:

And the hits just keep on coming - pick up Locker last week and start him. Lost Aaron Hernandez a few weeks ago. Lose Amendola and Williams tonight. 1-3 looking like 1-4 and we don't draft again until September.

My 4-0 team lost Amendola and Williams ( had options of going with M Bush or Spiller -tough matchup) but thought Williams had a juicy matchup against the Rams poor Rush defense. If they can't rush against the Rams, Williams is waiver wire fodder. I also have the Cards defense going and I'm through with them also.

I play in a 10 team league with IDP and offense. I have taken Jamaal Charles, Stevan Ridley, and Doug Martin to start the year, and have transformed it into LeSean McCoy & MJD! Feeling like a magician right about now.

Traded Chris Johnson for Willis McGahee straight up. Annoyed I wasted a first round pick on Johnson, but happy that I don't have to spend the rest of the season guessing when he'll show up.

Things setting up for Benson to have a nice day then vultured by Kuhn and now carted off to the locker room.

NOT my year. FML.

I guess I can go ahead and post here, because my 4-0 team is getting CRUSHED by the worst team (0-4) in my league. Even when I'm battling some wide receiver issues, I should be able to beat him, but the start he's had is ridiculous.

I knew he'd probably outscore me with Aaron Rodgers vs. Matt Ryan, but outside of that I should have had the advantage at every spot...

QB - He started Rodgers, I started Ryan. Ryan has two turnovers, and Rodgers is working on this third TD in a half as I type this.

RB's - He started Bradshaw and Deangelo, I'm starting Lynch and Pierre Thomas. Bradshaw has already scored.

WR's - He's starting Cruz and Golden Tate, I'm starting Harvin and Marshall. Cruz already has two touchdowns.

TE's - He's starting Dreesen, I'm starting Vernon.

Flex - He's starting Woodhead, I'm starting Hartline.

DEF - He's starting the Steelers, I started the Cardinals. The Cardinals sucked and the Steelers are getting turnover after turnover on the Eagles.

At halftime of the first set of games, I'm down 66 to 19. I still have a SHOT because his remaining players are Williams, Dreessen, Woodhead, and Golden Tate vs. my Harvin, Marshall, Pierre Thomas, Lynch, and Vernon Davis...but the way the first half of games has gone, I don't have a lot of hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony Gonzalez just broke one off in my ####.... Flacco being Flacco for me; Ray Rice w/ only like 17 touches in a tight game. I'm effed

I'm an Eagles fan and found myself getting excited by the Eli-Cruz connection because I own both of them in a league. :unsure:

Also have Reggie Wayne in the same league. :thumbup:

Tony Gonzalez just broke one off in my ####.... Flacco being Flacco for me; Ray Rice w/ only like 17 touches in a tight game. I'm effed
i was going against gonzo and cruz. can someone pls test old man tony for peds? I am down 50 points but still have like my whole team left to go. we'll see i guess

I sat Reggie Wayne for Jordy Nelson. What a great idea that was. 0-5 in the money league, here I come! :wall: :bag:

ETA: And Reggie Wayne has scored 3 points less than my entire TEAM to this point. :cry:

Had Josh Gordon and Mendy in my lineup. Sat them for SJax and Cobb. ### ####. Still might be able to pull out the win.

Reggie Wayne on my opponents teams, of course, the week after Michael Turner and the 9ers defense kill me. Also had Mendenhall and Cobb on the bench instead of Ryan Williams and Jeremy Maclin.

Lost 22 points starting Flacco over Luck. I know Balt has the tendency to suck on the road so I should have seen it coming but KC? Really Flacco? :rolleyes:

Do any packers DB's know where wayne is on the field? Seriously you can only get burnt so many times before doubling him

BJGE killing me.

He just looks terrible, and they're resorting to throwing at the goal line rather than handing him the ball.

And the NE backfield is turning into a horrible 3-headed monster, which is no good for a Ridley owner.

Users who are viewing this thread