What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (3 Viewers)

Need 2 points from Graham for a clear path to my money league's championship. This is excruciating. My opponent and I are 30 points clear of any other playoff team.

Wow...lost by 0.7. Started Locker (15.8) and Harrison (3) over Roethlisberger (25.6) and Wagner (14.9). Tynes missed a short FG. Just brutal. I have the highest scoring team in the league.

Came here tonite for the first time this season. Only needed 3 more pts from Schaub, Daniels or Gostkowski, and the Texans mailed it in the entire 4th qtr. Watching Schaub on the sideline after that commercial break midway thru the 4th made my stomach turn. What a brutal way to miss the playoffs. :cry: I need a moment of grief. sigh.

:ptts:

ps

FU Brandon Lloyd blowing up on my bench after being a nobody most of the season. AUUUDGGH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan Mallett's late-game interception just gave me a $100 win over my fantasy opponent thanks to Shayne Graham's boot.

Won the game by 0.18 points.

Started the night leading by 0.58 points with Graham on deck vs. my opponent's Owen Daniels.

I effectively considered my season done until the skies parted and the heavens shone down upon Ryan Mallet's pass attempt to Shiancoe was tipped and fell into the arms of the Houston defense with 3 minutes left to play.

Silently prayed that Yates wouldn't turn the ball over and practically fell over in my chair as the TD was scored and the Texans elected to not try out their 2-point drill with their backups.

A shocking finish that resulted in the closest playoff matchup in our league's short 4-year history.

2 freakin playoff teams...tanked by two different kickers scoring only 2 ####ing points.

Lost one game by one point...the other by 3...

Thanks Atlanta and Houston for sucking so bad your kickers were worthless this week.

Just lost by 4 points as the #1 seed. Had the most points all season as well.

Played the #8 seed who backed into the playoffs losing 3 straight and he is the guy that doesn't really know what he is doing (although thinks he does). He started Givens over Alfred Morris at a flex spot this week and thought Plaxico was a hot pick up last week for example.

Just goes to show you how much luck is involved in this hobby. I am 31-8 the last 3 years in this league, draft well (Amendola & Cobb late in PPR league for example), and pay attention to everything but have lost in the 1st round twice now in the last 3 years.

Lost in 2 seperate leagues i had Brady in league 1 was down by .5 points when they pulled brady and. In another many opponent had Texans d i was up by 1.9 when mallet threw that pick needless to say thanks patriots I hate you more than I already did

Could really care less about my second league, but I was tied 90-90 going into todays game with no players left. My opponent started the Houston D and O. Daniels. They combined for -1, so I won 90-89, :lmao:

edit: in my dynasty league where I give 99% of my attention, I easily won and moved on to the semi-finals where I face my twin brother for the second straight year. :thumbup:

Just lost by 4 points as the #1 seed. Had the most points all season as well. Played the #8 seed who backed into the playoffs losing 3 straight and he is the guy that doesn't really know what he is doing (although thinks he does). He started Givens over Alfred Morris at a flex spot this week and thought Plaxico was a hot pick up last week for example. Just goes to show you how much luck is involved in this hobby. I am 31-8 the last 3 years in this league, draft well (Amendola & Cobb late in PPR league for example), and pay attention to everything but have lost in the 1st round twice now in the last 3 years.
Ouch. We cut down the extreme upsets by only allowing 4 teams to make the Tier 1 playoffs and then everyone plays two weeks per round. It has been freakishly exciting. I was the #3 seed and just took out the #2 seed. Our #1 seed barely beat the #4 seed.
That sounds like a good idea. Honestly, I don't mind losing against someone who does their homework but this way is frustrating to say the least.

Could really care less about my second league, but I was tied 90-90 going into todays game with no players left. My opponent started the Houston D and O. Daniels. They combined for -1, so I won 90-89, :lmao:
That's INSANITY. Clear scenario to bench your defense and he ignored it. Talk about backing your way into a win.
12 teams, 11 playoffs, 9 semi-finals or better :banned:
I'm in the semi-finals in 4 out of my 5 leagues.The 5th league I missed the playoffs with a 6-7 record despite having the most points scored and it's not a money league or anything so I'm not losing sleep over it.

Lost in a league by 3.5 points. Brandon Spikes with 1 whole tackle, Rudolph with a 0, and TRich evidently screwed out of a TD catch for PI. Then to make things worse, I picked the wrong QB.

Nothing like missing the playoffs by one yard
Oh, I don't know; second-guessing yourself and sitting Shonn Greene for Greg Jennings, than watching Greene outscore Jennings by 11 points, then losing by 10.4 points would have to be a very similar feeling, I think. :wall:

Oh, I don't know; second-guessing yourself and sitting Shonn Greene for Greg Jennings, than watching Greene outscore Jennings by 11 points, then losing by 10.4 points would have to be a very similar feeling, I think. :wall:
Nope, nothing like it

2 freakin playoff teams...tanked by two different kickers scoring only 2 ####ing points.Lost one game by one point...the other by 3...Thanks Atlanta and Houston for sucking so bad your kickers were worthless this week.
I also started Byrant and Graham. I survived, but it wasn't pretty.

I benched Charles and Moreno for Bradshaw and Spiller. Despite this monstrous foolishness, I went into the MNF game with a 13 point lead (thanks to Seattle D) facing only Foster.

Foster's second half TD tied my game... but then NE went up 42-7 and Foster was held out for the rest of the game. Our playoff tiebreaker is bench points, so I win. Now I'm in the championship. My team was 5-7 in the regular season, and I lost 7 out of my last 8 games.

Try losing playoff game by 4yds
I lost by 2 yards (0.2 pts). Andre Johnson. Thanks for not getting a catch in the last 19 minutes.

Try losing playoff game by 4yds
I lost by 2 yards (0.2 pts). Andre Johnson. Thanks for not getting a catch in the last 19 minutes.
You can thank Gary Kubiak for mailing it in early. :wall:

Just had to crow a lil bit. Pulled off the season comeback of my life, starting 0-4 but finished the regular season 8-5-1 and heading into the playoffs as the #2 seed (I was firmly on the bubble going into this week, barely up for the final playoff spot by 2 points! But I won this week, two teams barely ahead of me lost and that other team did not outscore me by 2 points).

Stafford, Megatron, and Doug Martin, you all had a slow start, but better late than never.

I benched Charles and Moreno for Bradshaw and Spiller. Despite this monstrous foolishness, I went into the MNF game with a 13 point lead (thanks to Seattle D) facing only Foster.Foster's second half TD tied my game... but then NE went up 42-7 and Foster was held out for the rest of the game. Our playoff tiebreaker is bench points, so I win. Now I'm in the championship. My team was 5-7 in the regular season, and I lost 7 out of my last 8 games.
:lmao: :lmao: :thumbup:

Benched Tony Gonzalez for Brandon Meyers (first time all year) and lost by 3 pts, the amount Gonzo scored.

It would have gone to a tiebreak in which I had Russell Wilson and he had Matt Cassel.

PSA - never bench your studs.

Highest scoring team, also the most points vs.

7-7.....5 of my loses came at the hands of the weeks highest scoring team

Needless to say, I didn't make the playoffs.

:banned: :banned: :banned:

Off a crappy start already. I hemmed and hawed over starting Brandon Graham, but ended up leaving Robert Quinn in his spot instead. 17 points for Graham on my bench.

:sadbanana:

Cincy D scored 33pts for me last night. 100pts is usually enough to guarantee a win, so off to a pretty good start!

10 year old league that I am commish of, 2nd time I've been the #1 seed overall, first time, the 4th seed in the wildcard beat me in the semi's after my bye and went on to win.

This time, the 4 seed in the wildcard has won and is now facing me in the semi's... he had the Bengals D last night. I have Matt Ryan and Roddy White. I'm getting that feeling in the pit of my stomach, I've been here before, it's deja vu all over again. FML

I need some good fortune to fall my way this week after relying on talent for much of the year. All I ask is for players to match their projections...is that too much?

No Monday night game week 16 for the 1st time I can ever remember which takes away a big part of the fun of championship week.

Also as a double whammy the San Diego at NYJ is the scheduled game for week 16 which means fantasy championships will probably already be in the books for most teams unlike the last 2 years which had NO vs Atlanta last year and Philly vs Minn in 2010 which had many stud players.

Sure wish that game would get flexed out what ever happened to flexing out games anyway back a few years ago they made such a big deal about flexing the games.

No Monday night game week 16 for the 1st time I can ever remember which takes away a big part of the fun of championship week.Also as a double whammy the San Diego at NYJ is the scheduled game for week 16 which means fantasy championships will probably already be in the books for most teams unlike the last 2 years which had NO vs Atlanta last year and Philly vs Minn in 2010 which had many stud players.Sure wish that game would get flexed out what ever happened to flexing out games anyway back a few years ago they made such a big deal about flexing the games.
Another crappy side effect of introducing the Thursday night games that no one talks about: no more post-college football season Saturday NFL games. Those used to be very fun for both real and fantasy purposes.As for venting I started Bryce Brown and am playing the Cinci D (after playing the Seattle D last week).

Is there a pickem thread? or does anyone even do pickem? I missed out on fantasy league but im in a pickem for money and would love some opinions.. these last few weeks are sooo tough.

Why oh why didn't I draft Peterson. :bag: My team would be unstoppable with him on my team instead I'm playing against him for the 3rd time this year. :wall:

I was starting Ray Rice, Frank Gore, and Roddy White in one league. I check out my matchup in my other league, and my opponent is starting... Ray Rice, Frank Gore, and Roddy White.

Users who are viewing this thread