What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

had been and Brown vs Bell and his final drive to go over 200 yards lost me my fantasy game but the Steelers won

Last edited by a moderator:
Craptastic year.

In my primary league (12 team PPR) I'm leading in points and my hypothetical All Play record would be 79-42, 3 games in front.

In H2H, I'm 6-5. Three of the top four, and five of the thirteen highest scores in the league for the year (lost one of those).

Margin in the five losses:

• 0.04 (seriously...1 freaking passing yard, closest game in league history)
Margin in the six wins:

Currently in 5th place, out of the playoffs. Neat hobby.

Might actually win out this week. Just need Martavis Bryant to outscore Wheaton by 5 points.
Ouch.

I, on the other hand, needed Antonio Brown to outscore Martavis Bryant by 20 points. Figured I had no chance, especially after the first two passes went Bryant's way. But then Brown started chipping away and chipping away, and his TD pass put me on top by just over a point. 11-0 now, but not really the strongest team. As long as I stay on top, I won't have to face him in the first round of the playoffs, though.

Down by 35 going into MNF against the guy im tied for 3rd place with. The guy in 2nd lost and the winner of our match can jump up to the 2nd and have a 1st round bye

I Had Bell and Avery Williamson

Opponent had Timmons.

Won by 14 points. :pickle:

I was down by 40 with Bell going Monday night. He had 39. A tie would have clinched me a playoff berth. I got -1 point from the Minn D.

Wow. I traded M. Bryant and J. Edelman for A. Peterson and Davante Adams.

I had McKinnon. I thought that even if the A Pete thing doesn't work out, even though A. Schefter and everyone is reporting the opposite, at least I have McKinnon as a starter, if not a goal-line back.

So Asiata is going through concussion protocol and what do the Vikes do? They sign Ben Tate.

I gave up eight-point floors to shoot for the stars, and landed ever-so-humbly back at sea level.

I had Wilson starting at QB and on a 3 game win streak.

Pulled the trigger on a last day to trade and sent green,Wilson and L. Miller packing for E.sanders, E. Lacy and Rainey.

I had stafford on the bench. Makes sense right? I upgrade WR (so I thought) and RB (indeed) and start stafford and not skip a beat right??

Stafford sucks it, sanders looses his melon and I lose by 10. Stafford was one of the lowest QB's last week.

I lose the game. Out of the playoffs... Sweet

I had to start Latavius Murray out of desperation. Luckiest pickup ever as I was too low Of a waiver priority to pick up Crowell.

Not having the balls to pick up Latavius and start him over Mckinnon :shrug: :wall: even though some of the sharks told me to.

Might actually win out this week. Just need Martavis Bryant to outscore Wheaton by 5 points.
Ouch.

I, on the other hand, needed Antonio Brown to outscore Martavis Bryant by 20 points. Figured I had no chance, especially after the first two passes went Bryant's way. But then Brown started chipping away and chipping away, and his TD pass put me on top by just over a point. 11-0 now, but not really the strongest team. As long as I stay on top, I won't have to face him in the first round of the playoffs, though.
Your team will go undefeated until the superbowl and lose..... I could see that happning.

16 Team Auction Keeper Superflex... This is a long time running, highly competitive league despite what my roster would lead you to think.

http://i.imgur.com/lSdASZ0.png

I was able to flip a lot of cheap and young guys to non contenders and build an absolute super team. Is there anyway I can lose?

16 Team Auction Keeper Superflex... This is a long time running, highly competitive league despite what my roster would lead you to think.

http://i.imgur.com/lSdASZ0.png

I was able to flip a lot of cheap and young guys to non contenders and build an absolute super team. Is there anyway I can lose?
probably not, but why is Calvin on your bench? :shrug:
I need to see him play better and Evans has a tasty matchup. He's nice depth.

Behind the 8-ball. Needed to win my last 3 games, and have one of the two teams ahead of me lose all 3 and the other team lose 2. Last week, I won - one of the other teams lost. The other team won a game when he faced a guy with three empty slots in his lineup. This week the other team faces that same guy - still 3 empty slots. I will win my last two and miss the playoffs thanks to an absentee owner. What a doosh. Worst yet - that absentee owner beat me four weeks ago when he was still submitting lineups.

I'm 4-7, no shot at the playoffs, and all I'm playing for now is pride.

So of course, NOW Julio learns where the end zone is after 9 freaking weeks. :wall:

I cut Crow two weeks ago after the Thursday night game assuming the backfield would just be a cluster and impossible to predict. Huge mistake.

Cody Parkey :cool: :wub:
Just came in here to post this. What a weapon! He made up for a less than stellar day from a couple of my other players. Glad I got him on both of my fantasy teams.

Chip Kelly has the right idea: Kick a 50+ yarder while up 40-24 with about two and a half mins left in the game. That mentality will keep Parkey's points high for the rest of the season.

The only thing saving me this week was the foresight to grab Indy D during their bye week for this upcoming amazing stretch of games. It really worked out today.

At the last minute I inserted Crowell in over R Mathews but should have slid Mathews to the flex instead of Shorts. I see it costing me a playoff spot.

Calvin and Luck slowly looking turning towards bust down the stretch. Benching Luck for Wilson from here on out.
lol wut? Luck is miles better than rw
Not recently.
hows rw doing right now? Id say thats fairly recent
Scoring more points than Luck did in my league. Luck had 15 points. Wilson already has 16 through three quarters. Thanks for asking. Luck was awful today against one of the worst defenses in the league. He is on the decline. Did not do very well last week considering his success for the previous portion of the year.

Last minute switched Robinson in for Mathews...kept bouncing back and forth. Probably gonna cost me the game unless Manning can hit D Thomas again down the stretch.

Holy ####, I was so weak at WR early in the season, moving down to a 1-6 record, now I'm looking unstoppable. DT, Flash Gordon, Evans and Benjamin may carry me to a championship yet.

Also, thank you Parkey for nearly outscoring Shady and Brandon Marshall combined ;)

Placing the highest bid on ODB back before week 5 (two weeks after his owner had dropped him) totally saved my WR corps. Back then, it was Jordy, an old, washed-up (at the time he looked it) Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe + more trash. Another owner made fun of me since I placed a bid of 10% of my season budget. Who the #### is laughing now?

Its a brag and a vent all in one.

Great planning and people not wanting to trade has left me with Gordon, Green, Evans, Beckham at WR.

We play 2 and a flex.

So, going forward, one of those 3, plus Hill will be on my bench (have Lacy and Bell). Just have to pick the right one.

This week, I chose poorly (but it didn't matter) and benched ODB.

I started Odell Beckham, Shady, Crowell, Cody Parkey, Eagles DST and all my opponent needs is a top 36'ish WR performance out of Kenny Stills on MNF. FML....and screw you Cutler; the stench of you in my starting lineup this week is gonna hurt.

Playing in a week 12, our final week of the regular season, meaningless game (#1 seed locked up - although I could affect who made the playoffs)...

Was down 130-115 going into SNF. I had Dez & Romo, he had ODB. After ODB's first quarter+, I figured it was over, whatever, didn't need a win anyway. And then Romo and Dez went BOOM. 178-170 win to wrap up the regular season.

9-3, #1 seed, #1 in points. Time to go win a championship.

1st in points PF (120+ lead), fewest PA...7-5.

Such a strange year. I've had 150-176 like six times, five blowout wins, lost by 7, 5, 4, and 0.04. My blowout loss was by 16.

Top 4 get in:

9-3

8-4

7-5 (4 teams)

Should be OK because I have the tie break but basically have to win out. Weird year.

Users who are viewing this thread