What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Reviewing the carnage of my one team that did not make the playoffs, I'm going to do the same old whine. Ended it up 4-10 eighth place in a ten teamer, and I see that I have 1.26 less points for than the 2nd place team that is 11-3, of course I have 190.64 more points against. But that is what I love about the game, the angst energizes me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matty Ice who had been so average this season shows he was worth hanging onto for the postseason. He was a big reason I won in he first rd and is making me feel good against my brother for the right to play for my 2nd straight championship.

No surprise. Couldn't even watch the game tonight and listen to an idiot Gruden brother yammering in my ear while my record-breaking, top-scoring, beloved magic football team that I hand-picked, curated, traded for, etc. suffered its inevitable fate at the hands of Mason Crosby and lost by less than six, which was really the number I knew needed to be beaten. My season came up short an Odell Beckham (that one had me out of my seat because of his talent) and Josh Gordon drop and a Brady underthrow of Gronk in the end zone.

Given the same knowledge that I had, I'd do it all over again, I think. At least there's no second-guessing. Guys had bad games. I feel like I was beaten by the ineptitude that is Jay Gruden and Mike Pettine in Week 14.

Now I guess the real work begins and it's time to roll up the sleeves and get into some daily stuff, because I don't have the wherewithal other than for Ronco lineups next year.

Good luck to those moving on and I hope all you who've never tasted the prize in your main league/labor of love get to do so. Contrary to the phrase so often bandied about it, I do care about your ff teams. They fundamentally change Sundays and give us every reason to hang in through stop-and-go live action peppered with commercials. Gotta love the thrill. Best of luck.

Can't even celebrate my upset victory over the 3 seed....just looked at next weeks matchup against the 1 seed.

Rodgers (@Buf)

LeVeon Bell (@Atl who does not play defense at all), Stewart (v TB)

Julio, Cobb, Maclin (and if any of those are hurt he has Hopkins ready to go)

Gostkowski (v Mia)

holy crap is that team loaded, no wonder he went 11-2

and any hopes of offsetting this with my stud IDPs have been dashed with injuries to LaVonte David and Jelani Jenkins....just have hope for 70-80 mph winds in BUF and Foxboro and Bell to eat some bad mayo I guess.
who is his te? His team isn't that scary. Rodgers, Bell Julio are only 3 scary guys and Julio is dinged up right now. Don't give up for sure or get down, play best line up try to pick up better D/kicker or te and play best line up. No one thought Demaryius/Mccoy/Gordon would combine for 9 points in ppr LOL
Yeah a bad day for Rodgers or Bell and I have a chance - but on paper - he has the #2 QB, #2 RB, all 3 WR in the top 12 and the #1 K. So is offense (at least in our scoring) is stacked. Here is why I am worried - my team -

Brees

Herron, Joique Bell

Jeffery, Hilton, Beckham

Hauschka (or Barth)

my defense would make up ground as his IDP is weak - but looks like I will be missing David and Jenkins (my two best LB) leaving me Marshall and either Matthews or Bradham in their place....not a good tradeoff.

Oh well - he is only projected to win by 20 and stranger things have happened.

Finished the regular season in my league yesterday, won 117-114 to propel me to first place in the league @ 10-4, secured a bye this coming week, then return to action week 16. Just checked and my matchups are fantastic there as well. Trotting out:

QB: Aaron Rodgers ( @ Tampa Bay)
RB: Justin Forsett ( @ Houston)
RB: Tre Mason ( vs. Giants)

TE: Rob Gronkowski (@ Jets)
WR: Calvin Johnson (@ Chicago)
WR: Jeremy Maclin (@ Washington)
Flex: Sammy Watkins (@ Oakland)
K: Steven Hauschka (@ Arizona)
DEF: Bills (@ Oakland)

:homer: :towelwave: :towelwave:

Good news.....I am in the semifinals in one of my leagues!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad news......lost Ellington for the year, Charles is nicked up, and my team is going to get smoked by my opponent who has Luck, Calvin, AJ Green, and Gronkowski.

I still can't get over being the high points guy by over 110 points. Losing 5 games to be the 3 seed 8-5. Lost to the 6 seed by less than 4 points with a lineup that included Luck, Charles, Foster, and Julio. That last catch in the endzone that was knocked away before Julio got hurt getting the 1st down, down to the 3 yard line would have been the miracle comeback. Wrong def, 2 pts from my kicker, oh yeah and would have beat the other wildcard teams by 29 and 49 points, great year for exactly nothing (at least in that league)...

Brutal. My all-time lead in yearly points per game has increased this week, and I'm in the consolation bracket.

This is definitely something that needs a rock kicked. :kicksrock:

I can't wait for Mason to go off for fifteen-eighteen tonight. That's who I'm rolling with, that's who is the best team right now.

Weirdest year ever. In my local league I thought I had an awful draft, lost my first 3 games, then battled to finish 7-6 and now I'm in the final 4. And my other 2 teams are still alive, both of them crushing every team along the way. 5 or 6 weeks ago I didn't think 2 of these teams had a snowball's chance in hell.

Rams D still beat projections. It's not the monster game as the two before but Arizona is a real team. But, yeah, I was expecting more than 19 points in my league.

Brady

D Murray

L Bell

Calvin

Gordon

Gronk

Parkey

Seattle Defense

Total points leader by a mile. Heading into week one of my playoffs. Host site shut down last minute, telling us we all got scammed. Forget about setting lineups and forget about collecting prize money. And this was just one of 4 playoff leagues.

:ptts:

Brady

D Murray

L Bell

Calvin

Gordon

Gronk

Parkey

Seattle Defense

Total points leader by a mile. Heading into week one of my playoffs. Host site shut down last minute, telling us we all got scammed. Forget about setting lineups and forget about collecting prize money. And this was just one of 4 playoff leagues.

Whoa, wat? Sorry to hear that. That's awful.

Brady

D Murray

L Bell

Calvin

Gordon

Gronk

Parkey

Seattle Defense

That sucks. But can't you just do it the old fashioned way now? By hand?

Jeremy Hill is my least favorite NFL player by far. I was playing against my division rival when Hill blew up against JAX in week 9 and I lost. We ended up with the same records but he won the tie breaker so he got a bye last week... where he scored 70 points total. 120 is average in that league so it was just a brutally bad score... possibly the lowest score in the entire league this year. Now this week, I'm playing the division rival again and Hill is going to go all "L. Bell" on me again.

####.

Started Marqise Lee over Lacy per the FBG projections. That's going to cost me a close game likely :ptts:

What the hell was I thinking?

Knile #######g Davis.

Andy Reid, you're still the same coach who lost to Oakland and whose WRs still haven't got a TD pass all year. Please go back to doing oatmeal commercials and informercials about "Diabeetus"--you were better at that.

My bench (with Julio Jones) is outscoring my starting lineup 69-52... and I have, in my lineup, Mark Ingram, Julius Thomas, and Cody Parkey left against Matt Stafford.

Coincidentally, thanks to Aaron Rodgers, I am also up big against my opponent, phew.

played desean jackson cause i thought colt mccoy would play. colt gets hurt and the bum known as rg3 enters. no stats for desean

Wow, if not for Beckham and Gronk's 2nd half blitz, I'd have no shot to win. Up 86-58 with Demarius and Demarco to go, my bro has J Bell, Brees, G Tate and Bennett. If I lose this it's strictly on Crowell and Rams D laying big eggs this week.

Playing my brother in the 2nd game of a two week semifinals, going into this week hes only up by 10.

Starting the Pats D/ST, 4 sacks, 2 ints, 2 FFs, 1 FR, 1 TD, 1 kick blocked, 13 points allowed (24 pts)

Playing against the Ravens D/ST, 8 sacks, 1 int, 1 TD, 1 kick blocked, 12 points allowed (30 pts)

FFS

Hilton, Luck and Herron pedestrian + Julio Jones out = season over. After scoring 170 points last week and 160 two weeks ago. Fantasy football is a hideous b**ch.

Started ODB, Hill & Roddy White. Jordy drops a 90+ yd TD for me... Unbelievably, in all liklihood, unless Shady/Parkey/Eagles D score at least 35 combined pts tonight, I will get knocked out on MNF. Had I stayed w/ my initial plan to start Crowell instead of Hill, I would have already lost, for all intents & purposes, so at least I made one right decision. Just gotta hope Eagles come out tonight, having forgotten about the Seattle game.

Thanks to OBJ, have a 3.5 point lead against a team that should have beat me by 40+. Not done yet...but was expecting to be down by about 40 after the early games.

Brees, Joique Bell, Jeffery, Hauschka, Jared Allen and Brandon Marshall (LB) still going against Ingram, Maclin, Willie Young and Vaccaro - will be a nail biter. In a game I shouldn't even be in.

Thanks, Andy. Playing for 3rd.

Brady/Stafford

Brown/Gordon/VJax/Hilton/Hopkins

Charles/Crowell/Davis

Julius/Kelce

K

ARI BUF HOU

:confetti:

I'm in the playoffs in three leagues today - a $500 league, a $5,000 league, and a $10,000 league. I got "Beckham'd" by three different opponents today. Painful.

Users who are viewing this thread