What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Shark League 20 years strong--never won.  Finally, through some great trades to desperate teams entered week 14 with this roster and feeling good:

P. Mahomes, C. McCaffrey, M. Ingram, D. Adams, M. Thomas, T. Kelce, GB D/ST vs WAS....  Lost to the 8th place team.  

Everybody says "stick with your studs--they can overcome matchups", but this loss is move evidence to the contrary, with guys like Tannehill and Ridley on my bench.

You are a fickle mistress fantasy football.

There are two instances where "stick with your studs" is bad advice.

After the opening weeks of the fantasy season when it's clear your perceived studs are no longer studs any more.

And during the fantasy playoffs.

With the Ridley injury in my 'waivers locked for the playoffs' league, I take a long look down my short bench and see my remaining WR is Brandin Cooks.  Will Cooks beat the zero that Ridley will put up?  Can't wait to find out.

Come on Brandin....sheesh.

I thought I was lucky to find both Guice and Penny on my waiver wire last week.  That worked about as well as me starting Mahomes over Winston.

Went up against a 7-6 team. 

They had Winston, Mixon, Ekeler, Golladay, Singeltary, Lutz, Kittle...

He scored 214 points. The most by a team all year long. He was projected for 120. 

Im at 136 and have Jeffrey tonight. I was also projected for 120 points. 

One and out unfortunately. 🤯

a few weeks ago when i played one owner... on monday night i had hill and damien williams going... both players ended up getting hurt early and i only netted 1.7 pts that game.... week one of playoffs i played against that same owner... and i only  needed 6 points from eagles D and alshon... alshon slips on a banana peel in route to putting up a zero.... and the eagles D unable to force any TO's against eli freaking manning and my season is over

Last edited by a moderator:
a few weeks ago when i played one owner... on monday night i had hill and damien williams going... both players ended up getting hurt early and i only netted 1.7 pts that game.... week one of playoffs i played against that same owner... and i only  needed 6 points from eagles D and alshon... alshon slips on a banana peel in route to putting up a zero.... and the eagles D unable to force any TO's against eli freaking manning and my season is over
I'll do you one better...

Had Hill and Williams and a 15 point lead against Kelce and Keenan Allen that Monday night.  After my 1.3 points on that night I lost by a wide margin.  Two weeks later, on Monday night I'm down by 0.2 points and I have Lockett and my opponent is done.  Lockett goes for Zero.  Lose by 0.2 points.  Last night, I'm down by 12 and have Alshon Jeffrey and...you know the rest.  Any win in any of those games and I make the playoffs.  If my house doesn't burn down this coming Monday night I'm going to consider myself lucky.

Brag - Undefeated 13-0 and league scoring leader headed into League Final in Dynasty this weekend. Roster has likes of L-Jax, Conner, A. Jones, Hopkins, M.Thomas, Diggs, E.Engram (No Start TE just TE Premium in Flex spots) Multiple IDP's in top 10 at their position. Trades early on has netted me the 1.01 and 1.02 in rookie draft next year. 

Vent - Ljax, Conner, Engram, AJ Green, Hockenson, Everett, JJ Watt all dinged up or been dinged up for weeks, because its dynasty wanting to hold many of those assets and fill holes where possible. If Ljax cant go I may have to start D.Carr....eesh. 

Hopefully still win title, just may limp there in the end...

In 2 semifinals, one with Brees and one against Brees.  Could find myself needing a very specific score from him on Monday night.

• IDP league - #1 seed, playoffs this weekend against a team that just lost Mike Evans, Marvin Jones & maybe Jared Cook.  My team is finally healthy. Hopefully I’m lucky as well. 

• Dynasty League, just missed the BYE (by 3.4 points) but won week 13 playoff, headed into this weekend with 23.6 from Mark Ingram. 

it’s been a good year. With a little luck I’ll make the LCG in both of my leagues. 

I hope everyone’s playoffs are going well. Go get em!

12-2 season, second-highest scoring team on the season. Decided to start Tannehill over Wilson. Should have known better.

Always start your studs!

Every week I get killed by in game injuries.  Ashlon last week killed a title contender.  Godwin this week.  F this sport.

I had to choose between Woods, Lockett, and Drake.  Guess who I chose.

0-4 today my worst semi-finals day ever.

And just for kicks I had $250 on the Redskins +6.

Missed the playoffs by a Lockett goose-egg (on another team I needed to win) and watching my guys put up 150 in standard :(  

This game.

Feeling pretty good in both leagues

- 1 league I have a 69 point lead (nice!), opponent has Drew Brees

- 1 league I have a 26 point lead, with Brees and the Steeler D.  Opponent has Josh Allen, Lutz, and Saints D.

Would be nearly impossible not to win at least one of them. (Brees would have to score 70+, and then Lutz and the NO defense would have to outscore the Steeler defense by 26 more than Brees scored)

After facing the duo of Carson and CMC I am down 16.5 with Pascal going tonight.  Need to get a stat line of something like 6/80/1.  Think my odds are fair as Indy is going to have to chuck it to keep up all night.

My opponent played Lamar on TNF who scored 47 points.  At one point in the early Sunday games I was losing something like 78 to 12.  Then the massive comeback started and I pulled out a victory!  Shout out to these guys:  Tannehill, Zeke, Mostert, DJ Moore, OBJ, Ertz, M. Williams, NE D

:lol:  

:towelwave:

Evidence that the best team doesn't always in the title......

My auction keeper league I was 11-2 and scored 350 points more than the next guy.  I played this "guy" in the semifinals.  I will take it from the middle of the 4th quarter of the DAL-LA game......me up by about 9 points.

• Playing against Cooper Kupp.  He gets a catch.
  • Playing against Zeke.....he gets about 2-3 points rushing and receiving.
  • Playing against Mayfield.  He scores a garbage time TD at the end of the game.  With the TD and the yards, I go down by 2 pts
  • I have Julio.  Julio gets a 15 yard catch.  2 points for me, -5 points for SF defense.  I go up 5.
  • Kupp gets another catch and I am up 3.
  • Kupp catches a pass, fumbles it and DAL recovers......but OFFSIDES against Michael Bennett.
  • ATL scores a TD, SF defense loses 4 pts....I go up 7.
  • Playing against Gurley......Gurley scores a rushing TD....I am up 1.
  • Gurley drops the 2 pt conversion.......but ANOTHER OFFSIDES against Michael Bennett.  Gurley gets in for 2.....down 1.
  • After the onsides kick, Pollard scores from 45 yds out.  LA gets the ball.  fightingillini is pulling his hair out!
  • Kupp catches another 2 passes (I think).....down 6.
  • Julio catches 2 passes and gets the overturned TD.....up 4!
  • Kupp catches the garbage time TD
I end up losing by 3.  Thanks to Michael Bennett and Tony Pollard.

Now it wouldn't have matter if I wouldn't have lost Dalvin Cook and Chris Godwin during the game.  But this might be one of the more painful losses that I have had in the playoffs.

fightingillini said:
Evidence that the best team doesn't always in the title......

My auction keeper league I was 11-2 and scored 350 points more than the next guy.  I played this "guy" in the semifinals.  I will take it from the middle of the 4th quarter of the DAL-LA game......me up by about 9 points.

• Playing against Cooper Kupp.  He gets a catch.
  • Playing against Zeke.....he gets about 2-3 points rushing and receiving.
  • Playing against Mayfield.  He scores a garbage time TD at the end of the game.  With the TD and the yards, I go down by 2 pts
  • I have Julio.  Julio gets a 15 yard catch.  2 points for me, -5 points for SF defense.  I go up 5.
  • Kupp gets another catch and I am up 3.
  • Kupp catches a pass, fumbles it and DAL recovers......but OFFSIDES against Michael Bennett.
  • ATL scores a TD, SF defense loses 4 pts....I go up 7.
  • Playing against Gurley......Gurley scores a rushing TD....I am up 1.
  • Gurley drops the 2 pt conversion.......but ANOTHER OFFSIDES against Michael Bennett.  Gurley gets in for 2.....down 1.
  • After the onsides kick, Pollard scores from 45 yds out.  LA gets the ball.  fightingillini is pulling his hair out!
  • Kupp catches another 2 passes (I think).....down 6.
  • Julio catches 2 passes and gets the overturned TD.....up 4!
  • Kupp catches the garbage time TD
I end up losing by 3.  Thanks to Michael Bennett and Tony Pollard.

Now it wouldn't have matter if I wouldn't have lost Dalvin Cook and Chris Godwin during the game.  But this might be one of the more painful losses that I have had in the playoffs.
Your story is why I am glad I quit because I know there are thousands of people like you that are watching and calculating every decimal of a point non-stop.  Agonizing and can't even really enjoy the sport anymore.  Not saying that part is you but I know it is a lot of people.  Heard these stories of people ringing their time with family and holidays, etc, over this compulsion to be glued to the TV and watching every tackle.  

I'm not sure it's any better now that I don't play.  When I first quit I had a great time rediscovering watching the games for the games and not worrying about things like "am I playing against Kenyon Drake" yesterday.  But now, the officiating is so terrible, I'm not sure I can enjoy it any fashion.  

Didn't mean to mini-rant.  I'll try to bring it back on topic.  Sorry all you guys playing against Michael Thomas tonight.  The Colts seem to have no interest in defending him. 

Every year, there are guys that run slam into a buzzsaw in the playoffs. This year I ran into the biggest one I have ever seen.

This year I had one playoff team. (3 leagues)

This playoff team had , RUSSELL WILSON, TYLER LOCKETT, MIKE EVANS, DEVANTE PARKER,  DERRICK HENRY,  ALVIN KAMARA, DEVONTA FREEMAN, JAMES WHITE, LATAVIUS MURRAY, EVAN ENGRAM + TE SCRAPS,  SF DEFENSE..............

Due to injuries, my opponent had the "unfortunate luck" to have to start a few luminaries (Sanders and Drake)...........This week in the semis I ran up into this hornets nest.

LAMAR JACKSON 50+, JULIO JONES 28+,  MILES SANDERS 35+ , KENYAN DRAKE 44+, ZACH ERTZ 13+, JAMES CONNER 13+ .  My opponent put up over 205, where a solid score is in the 125 range. Easily the highest I've ever seen in any of our leagues.

I know he had 4 players combine for at least 13 TDs.  :excited:

This year it was my turn to fall on the sword I reckon.

TZM

Signs I've been playing FF for a long time: 

Christian McCaffrey and Breshad Perriman are in my lineups in different leagues this week.

Ed McCaffrey was still playing when I started, and Brett Perriman had JUST retired a year or 2 earlier.

Uggghhh

i was so excited for this game, thought I would be watching fantasy glory. On Thursday I handled some extra duties in the household and made an agreement with the wife that no matter our plans or where we are, I’ll have TV access uninterrupted Saturday from 1-4. 

Just shocked that my Watson versus Tampa start is now my biggest liability to a guy who has rolled a rotation of Tannehill/Garrapolo/Mayfield/Winston this season :kicksrock:

In before the FitzMagic people come in.  

Passes a TD to the OL.  The OL fumbled the ball, then recovers.  Ruled a recovered fumble TD.

I picked up Tannehill and Fitzpatrick 4 weeks ago for the playoffs.  Started Tannehill the last 3 weeks and had Fitz in my lineup until this morning.  My opponent had Winston yesterday so I went with the "safer" play in Tennehill figuring they would both be in the 20s with Fitz having the larger variance.  At this point in time Fitzmagic has 4 TD and 38 points while Tannehill has 1 TD and 11 points  :cry:  

My opponent had TE problems all year. Started Gesicki this week. Sickening. Im projected to lose 151-145. I was 70% favorite after last night. What a disappointment. Need my studs to step up.

Wish I played Indy def over Den def.

Users who are viewing this thread