What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Thank God I won last week because if I needed this game I'd be screwed. 3 starters on a bye and now Pollard and Henderson out. Scrambling to throw warm bodies in my lineup. 

Thought I was basically done in a win or bust game having started Mattison on Thursday and needing to start four players combined from the Jets, Jags and Lions, but I am somehow currently a 90/10 favourite

IDK where to begin with my main redraft league....

1. Week 1, lost by 0.14
  2. Week 2, had the second most points in the league = lost by 7.79
  3. Week 3, had the high score of the week and won by over 100 points against my closest friend in the league
  4. Week 4, the entire lineup crapped out - lost by 120. I #### you not.
  5. Week 5, outscored 8 of the other 11 teams - but. lost by 70 to a guy who set the all time record for most points in a week (set back in 2013, and the league is in its 17th year.)
3rd in points, sitting at 1-4 in 10th place. This week I'm favored by 40. I was favored by 30 last week and lost by 70....

lol

it's not even a bad team by any stretch, but I'm first in points allowed by a whopping margin. 3 Top 24 RBs (led by Najee & Swift), 3 Top 24 WRs (Adams & CeeDee), Hock at TE. Like seriously, what the actual ####.

net hobby, eh?

James Connor single handily blew me out of the water

43 FF points in PPR (bonus league), previous high was 20.6

FMTT

Started the season 3-6 despite being second in points.

Finished 8-6 today, 5th straight win.Gonna have high score of the week.

Made no major moves other than the positions I stream (QB, K, DST), & few spot starts for reserves who came on - Carter, McKissic, Pollard, Javonte - but pretty much every starter / contributor I drafted. Knew I had a good team with a bit of bad luck, stayed the course, it all evened out.

Playoffs are a crap shoot, usually it either happens or it doesn’t. Hard to control players peaking Weeks 15-17. Just get there, then anything can happen.

Regardless of the next 3 weeks results, it’s been a really satisfying year. Put in the work & had a great draft. 6 starters today (+ 2 injuried) and 12/18 on the roster I drafted 15 weeks ago.

LFG

I was in a best ball tournament where top 2 go to the playoffs. Was in a top 1 or 2 position for the entirety of the season until this week when I'm going to get bounced because the wheels fell off my RBs. Chubb had a bad day, Swift out, Damien Harris on bye, David Johnson out with Covid and Rojo is Rojo. It was fun while it lasted.  

Edit- also, Kelce becoming a turd in the last few weeks also not helping matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
We get bonus points for scoring plays longer than 40 and 50 yards. I was down big after the early games and swapped out Jeff Wilson for Jalen Guyton at the Flex. boom!

This game needs to go differently.   Close game and I have Kyler and Kupp…opponent has Matt Gay.  So far…he has stayed ahead.

Against All Odds, Shameless Brag! Like many others, I have suffered many injuries and difficult situations but was able to come out as the 2 seed out out of 12 in my 12 team SF money league.

QB (SF) - Wentz, Tua, Fields, Hill banged up much of the year, Rodgers the only healthy QB for the year

RB- top 3 RB's lost for various times throughout the year, A. jones, Montgomery, Hunt 

WR- my top 2 WR's were basically lost for the season, Ridley and Robinson, also Sutton rendered useless in Denver

TE-  #1 TE Logan Thomas out for much of the year

QB-  Rodgers, Wentz, Tua, Fields, Hill

RB- A. Jones, Monty, Hunt, Dillon, Foreman, Darrel Williams, Penny, Jamaal Williams

WR- Ridley, Robinson, Godwin, Diontae Johnson, Pittman, Mooney, Sutton

TE-  Thomas, Henry. #1 TE Logan Thomas out for much of the year

Before, about 10 years ago I would say it was 60% or so luck, now it is 100% luck. 

Last few years have been pretty crap as even idiots can win now and not do anything.  Before you would get rewarded

for your effort, now not so much.

I have dwindled down to only 2 leagues this year, with how this season has gone think I am done with this waste of time now

One team had a starting RB go out for the year in practice before first game, got off to a good start then 4 of 5 RB, starting QB, (had Tanneyhill as my 2nd QB but all his starting WR and RB go out hurt and he was useless also) top 3 WR all got hurt.

Combine bye weeks with all these injuries, not much on the waiver wire, and I could not field a competitive team. This league has big rosters so not much help in free agency. 

So I trade for a starting RB, who plays 1 week and gets hurt, I then trade for another starting RB who played 1 week and gets hurt, I trade for Ingram who also gets hurt.  I had 5 straight weeks of scoring under 100. Which pretty much eliminated me from the playoffs.  I was 5-3 before all these injuries happened at the same time.  Ended up finishing 6-8.  

Second team also a good team, first 5 weeks I play the high score 3 times, start off 2-3, I have the 2nd most points for.

Then things even off and I win 4 straight to be 6-3.  Then all my starters get hurt on this team also.

Starting QB, 2 starting RB, 2 WR (1 a starter), starting TE, this league has short rosters so could get some help in free agency, still end up losing 4 straight as I play 2 more high scores.  That makes 5 high scores I played against on the season.  This week if I win I am in the last playoff spot at 7-7.  Proceed to lose by .7 and get knocked out.  Had 3 guys underperform so badly any scrub off the waiver would have done better.  I was projected to win by 45 points by Football guys and their joke of a system.  

To add that 17 yard scramble from Murray at the end of the game that was called back on a garbage hold call would have won the game for me, instead I lose by .7 and am out of the playoffs.  Guess that is a fitting way to lose to put a bow on this crap, joke of a season. 

To add with all this the team still finished 3rd in points for and is out of the playoffs.

Teams that have scored 250 less points are in the playoffs.  Complete effing joke!!!

All this just reaffirms that fantasy football is nothing but pure luck, any moron can win and is nothing but a giant waste of time.   

What my lineup could have been,

Mahomes, King, Gus Edwards, CPatt, Pittman, Waddle, Hock, Elliot

What injuries, Covid, and bye weeks presented instead,

Mahomes, CPatt, Freeman, Foreman, Moore, Guyton, some Ram TE last second, Bullock

My two year run as Champ came to a screeching halt tonight. What a season. The FF black cloud will go elsewhere next season.

crazy week, bizzaro season

Week 14 injuries
TE1-RB2-RB4-RB5-RB6
+ WR4 who has 22.9 points in last 7 G   
QB1 on a bye 

naturally I had high score of the week for the third time, the 5th highest week in the league this year - totally makes sense 

as FF always does

no idea when any of those 5 injuries resolve but still have a punchers chance

on to the crapshoot playoffs!

Won my division in 2 different leagues going 6-8 :lmao: . Feel a bit less guilty knowing no 7-7 or better team will miss the playoffs because of me.

Oh just chillin setting my week 10 lineup in my dynasty league where i've built a juggernaut...

12 team Superflex with .25 point per carry so stud RBs matter:

Lamar
Stafford
Jacobs
Mixon
Diontae
Sutton
Boyd
Shenault
Gabriel Davis
T Sweeney

My bench...just look at how insane this team was...
Derrick Henry💀
CMC💀
Saquon💀
Akers💀
Ridley💀
Fuller💀
Golladay💀
Shepard💀
Tonyan💀

DK Metcalf - BYE
T McLaurin - BYE
Hockenson - BYE
Seals-Jones - BYE

I'm done. I'm quitting all fantasy after this year. Eff this. The team that gets lucky and doesn't get injuries is the team that wins.
Update:  Lost Lamar, McLaurin, and Hockenson for the final regular season game.  Finished 7th in VP's, and even with all the injuries I was still 3rd in points.  I wish bestball dynasty was more popular.  Losing tons of players early in games is unpredictable and needs taken out of the equation.

I usually never post in this thread but making the playoffs in 5 of 6 dynasty leagues really pleases me even though I'm not the #1 or #2 seed in any of them.  I hope I finish well.

Looks like you spoke too soon on Taylor.  I am unfortunate enough to have started Darrel Williams in two leagues out of necessity. 
It really wasn't going to matter. He has Zeke, Taylor, Diggs, Evans and Kelce

I have Davis, Cole, Guyton, Deebo and Henry.  Henry got me 25.7 and I'm still a 99%-1% dog per MFL.

Freaking Big Ben taking two sneaks after giving Najee one chance (which had they reviewed it they may have given him the TD on the reach).  I mean. At least he got the one chance but come on man…nobody in FF is relying on Big Ben anymore.

Playoffs in three leagues. Because of similar players…winning all 3 seemed unlikely.  2-1 or 1-2 the most likely outcomes.  Losing all three…like winning all of them…the least likely options.  Yet…seems to be tracking that way.  

Freaking Big Ben taking two sneaks after giving Najee one chance (which had they reviewed it they may have given him the TD on the reach).  I mean. At least he got the one chance but come on man…nobody in FF is relying on Big Ben anymore.
Yep. Not once...twice. dude is falling apart physically and Najee is 250 lbs wrecking ball and they give it to Ben. Ugh

Before, about 10 years ago I would say it was 60% or so luck, now it is 100% luck. 

Last few years have been pretty crap as even idiots can win now and not do anything.  Before you would get rewarded

for your effort, now not so much.

I have dwindled down to only 2 leagues this year, with how this season has gone think I am done with this waste of time now

One team had a starting RB go out for the year in practice before first game, got off to a good start then 4 of 5 RB, starting QB, (had Tanneyhill as my 2nd QB but all his starting WR and RB go out hurt and he was useless also) top 3 WR all got hurt.

Combine bye weeks with all these injuries, not much on the waiver wire, and I could not field a competitive team. This league has big rosters so not much help in free agency. 

So I trade for a starting RB, who plays 1 week and gets hurt, I then trade for another starting RB who played 1 week and gets hurt, I trade for Ingram who also gets hurt.  I had 5 straight weeks of scoring under 100. Which pretty much eliminated me from the playoffs.  I was 5-3 before all these injuries happened at the same time.  Ended up finishing 6-8.  

Second team also a good team, first 5 weeks I play the high score 3 times, start off 2-3, I have the 2nd most points for.

Then things even off and I win 4 straight to be 6-3.  Then all my starters get hurt on this team also.

Starting QB, 2 starting RB, 2 WR (1 a starter), starting TE, this league has short rosters so could get some help in free agency, still end up losing 4 straight as I play 2 more high scores.  That makes 5 high scores I played against on the season.  This week if I win I am in the last playoff spot at 7-7.  Proceed to lose by .7 and get knocked out.  Had 3 guys underperform so badly any scrub off the waiver would have done better.  I was projected to win by 45 points by Football guys and their joke of a system.  

To add with all this the team still finished 3rd in points for and is out of the playoffs.

Teams that have scored 250 less points are in the playoffs.  Complete effing joke!!!

All this just reaffirms that fantasy football is nothing but pure luck, any moron can win and is nothing but a giant waste of time.
Had great matchups, all projections said I should win easily as favored by 20+ points all around.

What happens today, every ####### player ####s the bed.   As I stated fantasy is 100% luck now, pretty much zero skill needed now.  Any moron can read the info on sites and pick a guy up as to before you actually had to do work and got rewarded.  

Also with how football is played now, there are no top players anymore, it is a week to week, game plan specific game now.

you do not know when your player will be either taken out by the defense or decoyed by his OC.   Fantasy is not anywhere near as much fun as before.

I am in leagues with guys who would never win jack, until about 2013-14 when it started to get really big and every site had experts telling you who to pick up, drop, start, etc.  Now these idiots win the league that they could not make the playoffs in 10 years ago.    That is why fantasy sucks now

Brady Carried me the entire way in three leagues only to screw me in first week of playoffs lol. Now I get nothing. Hurts when you were a favorite to win and then lose bye and regular season award by 3 points and then get knocked out first round. Seems to happen to me all the time. Can’t seem to win a ring even with good teams.

Last year I was 12-1 in regular season with highest total points in 1st place and had a BYE.  Week 15 I lost to a 7-6 team.  This year I battled injuries all year and worked the waiver wire and had to win last week to make the playoffs which I barely did.  I thought I was doomed this week having Murray and Mixon struggle with my opponent having Brady and Evans needing only 15 points.  On to the semis!

Kyler Murray and Tee Higgins may have sunk me...along with the Packers inability to stop Mark Andrews.  Yet still have a shot in that league but need big days from Kupp and Jefferson/Joseph.  In another league...definitely need huge days from Jefferson and Joseph (and Metcalf and OBJ to have quiet nights).

3 weeks ago I was 4-8 and in line for a top-3 pick next year in a dynasty league.  Ended up winning my last 2, winning a weak division on tiebreaker and making the playoffs.  And now, I'm somehow an 80% favorite to win the first playoff game.

I grabbed Newton for my QB while I was semi-tanking (Watson on the shelf), and grabbed Huntley for this past weekend, and now it looks like neither one may  be starting in week 16. I'm basically playing with house money in these playoffs, but still.

Had great matchups, all projections said I should win easily as favored by 20+ points all around.

What happens today, every ####### player ####s the bed.   As I stated fantasy is 100% luck now, pretty much zero skill needed now.  Any moron can read the info on sites and pick a guy up as to before you actually had to do work and got rewarded.  

Also with how football is played now, there are no top players anymore, it is a week to week, game plan specific game now.

you do not know when your player will be either taken out by the defense or decoyed by his OC.   Fantasy is not anywhere near as much fun as before.

I am in leagues with guys who would never win jack, until about 2013-14 when it started to get really big and every site had experts telling you who to pick up, drop, start, etc.  Now these idiots win the league that they could not make the playoffs in 10 years ago.    That is why fantasy sucks now
everybody that loses says this...

...every year

I made the playoffs and of course had my lowest score of the season. It's also the lowest WINNING score in the league this year. 😀

3 leagues...all 3 teams put up/putting up duds.

Still have a chance if Kupp has a really good game.  The one league where it burns...is just a bit of normalcy from a few players and Id be fine.  But having Kyler Murray, Tee Higgins, and Greg Joseph do so much below projections or even average hurts.  Justin Jefferson doing nothing after the first couple of drives (I think one catch in the 2nd half which was late in the game).  Freiermuth getting hurt when he actually seemed involved outside of goalline situations even.  Just so many things that need to happen to have a dud...and its happening.  And I still have a chance because of having Kupp left.

Other leagues...hurt by Patterson getting a TD taken away that looked clear...that one really hurts...and then Cousins taking a sack late in the game that pushed them out of FG range.  Lost by 2 points.

Yep. Down 86. 4 players to go and he has 2. I'm boned. Went against Andrews and Cooks. 
Gave it a go. Sanders and Kupp did their part. Penny didn't hold up his end.  Was down 90. Lost by 28. A couple of big plays and I could have been right there. Oh well. 

I’ve had my share of really good teams run into a buzz saw in the playoffs. Or peeter out instead of peaking.

Ended this year strong, won the last 5 & finished 2nd in points. Def a strong contender to win it all.

Didn’t have my best week. 7 out of 10 underperformed. Basically Brandin Cooks - specifically, housing a bubble screen from 43 yards out with 2:32 left - saved my season.

Survive and advance. Got lucky. Don’t feel bad, been on the other end too often.

Hopefully the next two weeks I’ll deserve the dub.

Definitely 90% luck now. The days of thorough research paying off are long gone. I quit a while back and don't miss it 

It's still fun despite the frustration. My team was second in points but first in points against by over 100 and just missed playoffs this week. Had worked all year to build an unstoppable core at RB with Kamara, Harris, and Mixon. Didn't play out too well. Higgins and Godwin at WR, Succop as my kicker. Favored by 20 and got creamed.

I have Tyreek, semifinal opponent has Kelce.  If only one clears protocol it's going to be a huge advantage one way or the other. I think I'd almost prefer they both miss the game the way Kelce blew up last week.

Currently have Mayfield, Hill, ARobinson and Butker on the C-list.  He has Mattison, Toney and Kelce right now.

I finished 8th in points in my big money ten teamer, but tied for best record (ended up 2nd due to point differential) and got a bye in the first round. 

Facing a guy who outscored me by over 500 points but finished in 3rd this week - bad start for me with Deebo going off for him last night. His RB are pretty bad (Conner and Montgomery) but he has maybe the best collection of WR I've ever seen (Hill, Kupp, Diontae and Deebo) to go with Mahomes at QB. I'm holding out hope that one or both of Hill/Kelce (mostly Hill) miss the game Sunday which would hurt Mahomes and hopefully make KC run more (I have CEH.) 

My lineup

Rodgers, Chubb, CEH, D. Adams, Higgins, Ronald Jones, A. Gibson, Ertz, TB, Prater

His lineup

Mahomes, Montgomery, Conner, Hill, Kupp, Goedert, Diontae, Deebo, Eagles, Koo. 

Starting lineup Week 1: L-Jax, Barkley, Gibson, AJ Brown, Diggs, Hopkins and Andrews. 

Scored the most points, but mostly because I grabbed Conner, and C-Patt, #1 seed, rolling

Fast forward to this week in Conf Championship....Starting Trevor Lawrence, Rojo (Hasn't started for me all year), J.Jackson (mid week FA), AJ (only after a month off), Diggs, C-Patt and Andrews.

Life comes at you pretty fast sometimes......Jesus take the wheel this week...I need to do some serious praying/sacrificing to the Fantasy Gods this week. 

Users who are viewing this thread