What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (5 Viewers)

5 starters out for covid.

Starting them anyway because #### you.  :lol:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Great season here, 12 wins! Until round 1 of the playoffs. Missing Eckeler, Swift, Connor, Evans and Taysom Hill (start 2qbs). Had to start Hubbard and Abdullah. Getting destroyed. Oof. Oh well.

This site sucks!  Since I have joined and started using it, have not won a title.

Lots of info but their lineup help blows.  My guys are almost always rated high in their ranking and suggestions

Team is usually ranked to win the game by 20+ and I get beat by the guys they rate lowly.

Site is good for info about players but as far as helping set your lineup it is the worst I have seen.

Today am getting beat by Tee Higgins and St. Brown   are you ####### kidding me!!!???

Both having career days to eliminate me unless a miracle happens   Meanwhile my guys were rated and projected

to score better than those guys.  Patterson and Diggs.  This happens all the time, the projections suck!

Think I may be done here after another year not winning a title with their info

This site sucks!  Since I have joined and started using it, have not won a title.

Lots of info but their lineup help blows.  My guys are almost always rated high in their ranking and suggestions

Team is usually ranked to win the game by 20+ and I get beat by the guys they rate lowly.

Site is good for info about players but as far as helping set your lineup it is the worst I have seen.

Today am getting beat by Tee Higgins and St. Brown   are you ####### kidding me!!!???

Both having career days to eliminate me unless a miracle happens   Meanwhile my guys were rated and projected

to score better than those guys.  Patterson and Diggs.  This happens all the time, the projections suck!

Think I may be done here after another year not winning a title with their info
I don't have that same problem, in fact their help has won me at least 7 titles over the years (I think I have been a subscriber for at least 15 years), and occasionally something didn't go my way but in the end it wasn't on them.

I never use their projections outright, but more of a tiebreaker or maybe an affirmation of what I was leaning. Sorry it didn't turn out the same way for you. 

And love watching my opponent pile up points in sort of garbage tome.  Herbert today while getting beat bad…Edmonds last night.

Going to end up being close and thats the type of thing that will end up beating me.

Need that to Jefferson and Mattison now.

My QBs are Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow. Guess which one I started today.  :ptts:

(Granted, this is in the consolation bracket. BUT STILL.)

I don't have that same problem, in fact their help has won me at least 7 titles over the years (I think I have been a subscriber for at least 15 years), and occasionally something didn't go my way but in the end it wasn't on them.

I never use their projections outright, but more of a tiebreaker or maybe an affirmation of what I was leaning. Sorry it didn't turn out the same way for you. 
Glad it works for you.  My leagues are highly competitive and it annoys me to no end

that I get eliminated by people I used to beat like a drum year after year until about 4-5 years ago

Then it really turned in a big way and the guys I never lost to started winning titles.

They literally follow the sites advice, CBS Sports. and have been much more competitive and winning titles.

Meanwhile I pay for this place and get beat by the CBS free info guys

F-U-C-K this site!!!

Glad it works for you.  My leagues are highly competitive and it annoys me to no end

that I get eliminated by people I used to beat like a drum year after year until about 4-5 years ago

Then it really turned in a big way and the guys I never lost to started winning titles.

They literally follow the sites advice, CBS Sports. and have been much more competitive and winning titles.

This year has been awful with Covid. Chalk it off to bad luck. Seemed more were out with Covid right as playoffs started than players were out from Covid in all of 2020.

F-U-C-K this site!!!
you should pm shuke 

I dunno man, I might be done.  It's just so frustrating.

1-6 in semi-finals last year and it looks like I'm set to go 0-8 in semi-finals tonight (13 total leagues).  A couple of those teams were lucky to be there but most of them are #1 or #2 seeds.  Some of those are FFPC leagues (2-week finals) so they're not totally dead but those teams are so far behind they basically are.

My most owned players that are healthy are Tyreek, Kittle, Saquon, so that hurt bigtime.  Somehow I am playing against Tee Higgins in 5 of those 8 leagues, and he was stacked with Burrow in 3 of them.

I've had plenty of good luck and championships in the past but I'm in a lot more expensive leagues now and it's frustrating to somehow lay a dud across 14 of 15 leagues in the semi-finals the last 2 years with some really all-world teams.

Just a bummer. 

Fitting this week my gale was likely sealed as a loss by more garbage time points.  This time from Dionte Johnson.

On to the Championship

Down 4 starters (QB/WR3/RB2/TE) but good depth + one super lucky pickup

Went through 4 QBs and 3 WR3s bc COVID this week

7 straight wins 

Went into Sunday Night Football up 25 in our IDP Dynasty league Semi-Finals.

He has DeMarus Lawrence, Jayron Kearse, Dalton Schultz and then he's done.

I've got Lamb/Parsons/Cam Jordan to go tomorrow night.

Lawrence with a Pick 6 and sack.  Kearse with a sack.  Schultz with 7 for 73 and a TD.  Lead evaporated.  

Thanks to Mixon, AJ Brown, Sony Michel and Andrews for guiding me to the 'ship game in league 1.  Destroyed the #1 seed and top scorer for the year.

Thanks to Tee Higgins, Dak, Montgomery and the DAL D for guiding me to the 'ship game in league 2.

Nearly managed to survive losing Kelce in both my redraft semi finals - should win in one unless Gesicki has a career game, but lost in the other by correctly benching Metcalf but bringing in the wrong backup

Barring some miracle where the Miami defense sets scoring records, I am going 5-0 this weekend after losing a myriad of players to injuries and/Covid. 

Of course, this likely means I go 0-5 next weekend, but this week will be fun preparing for all of those championships. 

Never had the stars align in the playoffs for me like they did this week. 

QB Rodgers

RB Chubb
RB Justin Jackson 

WR Adams
WR Higgins

Flex R Jones
Flex A Gibson

TE Ertz

D Bucs

K Folk

227 points and a 70 point win to send me to the finals. Our old league record was 213 points. Of course I probably blew my nut this week and will suck in the title game. 

Message to Football Guys.  Do everyone and yourself a favor.  

They are so poor, so bad, they are a complete joke.  They actually make your site look really, really bad.  

Either improve your projections or get rid of them.  They are garbage, every week they are garbage and do not help

Not sure I am staying to be honest as other sites for free offer similar information and honestly better rankings/projections.

It is time to either get serious about helping people set lineups or just drop it as an offering due to had poor 

they are and you are not any good at them.  

Last year I was 2-for-2 in titles. 

This year I was 3-for-3 (one league took 2020 off) in making the playoffs, but all of them pooped the bed this weekend. One of them is still technically alive because the championship game is a two-week total point affair, but I will have to outscore my opponent by 52.3 next week to win. 

Going to 2  championships in 4 leagues.     One league was a thorough wasteland, and this week in another I put up a far bigger than average score (roughly 140 in our settings) and still got beat by 40+ due to him having everyone go off.

All that aside, going to 2 finals of 4 leagues I'm happy with.

Now lets see if Ekeler can get healthy, Cooks and a few others I lost last week.

If I win 1 I will be content, if I win both its pure ecstasy.   :football:

Lets go mother####ers~!   

TZM

Moved on to the Ship in dynasty league for the 4th time in 5 years, and did it with Trevor Lawrence at QB....Its a good thing I got got bailed out by Rojo, J.Jackson, AJ Brown, Diggs and Andrews....scored the 8th most points ever in a game in the league. 

Made the finals in the most expensive money league I've been a part of, but the Dallas D/ST gave me one hell of a scare. Left quite a few points on my bench, so it really would've chapped my ### had I lost.

In the finals the second year in a row, against my father for the second year in a row. This league has existed for two years. I'm considering suggesting to my dad that the winner using the winnings to buy everyone else fantasy football lessons. 

I would have posted this on Sunday night, but out of respect for my opponent (who might be lurking here) I decided to keep mum for a little bit.

How 'bout them Cowboys!  

Entered the Sunday night game trailing 154 to 53.  He had Zuerlin left to go, but I had Dak, Amari Cooper, Dalton Schultz, and the Cowboys defense. I knew I had a puncher's chance, but my expectations were near zero and leading up to the kickoff I was mostly kicking myself for starting Dak over Joe Burrow. 

Anyway, I survived 167 to 162, which means I get to get my ### kicked this week by the league juggernaut.

Scored the most points in league history.....lineup didn't even score a single TD, averaged 170+ each week, and will be lucky to score 100 in the Ship.....I hate FF sometimes. 

got obliterated, JT, Sun god, darrell williams, bears d.... meanwhile for me AJB didnt do anything (on par with his unpredictable 2021 campaign actually)... tee higgins watched chase set records... ugh. my main league ive made the final four 9 of 10 years.... and I only have 2 titles to show for it... oh i just happened to lose to the guy who now has 4 titles in 6 playoff appearances

Projected for my worst week this year in the championship game lol. I have four 2nd place finishes with no titles in this league. You hate to see it.

Just wrapped up my 6th Championship in my league that is in its 29th year.  May not seem like much, but the next closest owner has 3 championships.  This was my most satisfying as I had to do a lot of in season roster manipulation to cover injuries and Covid...but every pick up I made produced until the other players returned.  It really was an incredible streak of good luck and I wound up winning the league wire to wire finishing with an 10 game winning streak (including two wins in the playoffs).

What an epic weekend. Between Chase and Brown quitting midgame. How many people were screwed by Brown? I wasnt but just curious of the numbers. 

I managed to win my championship despite leaving Amon on my bench. I grabbed Darrel Williams and Bears D both helped me along. 

my opponent picked up (& started) Braxton Berrios (27.90) and Boston Scott (24.6) this week

:ptts:
Mine too man, mine too.  Well, Berrios and Patterson.  

One of 2 leagues I do for $$.  Never won it.  A couple runner up finishes now.  Brutal

My "main" or favorite league is a 12 team dynasty IDP league where the IDP score similar to the offensive guys.  It's in its 5th season.  I won my 2nd championship in a row, 3rd championship overall. 

I had 2 excellent QB's when the thing started:  Goff and Newton.  Had a hard time picking which one to start.  Then they've both fallen off over the past 3 or 4  years.  I won last year with Matt Ryan as my main quarterback, and with some timely streams including Trubisky in the championship game.   The position for 2 years in a row was a big disadvantage for me--especially come playoff time when you're going up against Mahommes, Allen, etc.

In the off-season, managed to strike a deal for Burrow.  Traded Tua and Derwin James for Burrow and Tracy Walker--who I cut not long after.  He obviously exploded.  We do 6 points per passing TD and bonuses for long TD's, bonuses for 350+ yards, 450+ yards.  Burrow had 98.5 points in these past 2 weeks.  He outscored Herbert by 40 in week 16.  He outscored Mahommes by 20 in the championship matchup.  

And I realize everyone already knows just how huge Burrow's last 2 weeks were.  But after 2 straight years of QB being a disadvantage--finally having a QB that can win weeks again is huge.  Feel like the team is set up nicely for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread