What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (2 Viewers)

Started Fields this week! The other guy had Josh Allen
Started Pacheco on the same team! The other guy had Josh Jacobs
Started Justin Jefferson. The other guy got only 3 less out of Chris Godwin.

Will be one of those weeks where you score the 2nd most points but lose.

On a better note, the team gets Taylor back this week!

Weakness at RB in my superFlex dynasty. Paid for Kyren. I’ve got Hurts and Allen. Deebo, Pittman, Olave and Addison somehow combine for a whopping 5.5 points and lose me my game by about 10 points !!!! Urghhhh.

0-3 this weekend in re-draft and x 2 dynasties. 2 matches where I 2nd top score and play top scorer. Thank goodness for the league median in the other dynasty league so 1-1 but only 4-4 overall with 30 more points than someone that is 6-2. **** this stupid hobby

In 1 league, I lost Ekeler, Diontae Johnson, Aaron Jones and effectively Garrett Wilson in Week 1. Had to drop Achane to pick up a replacement RB as I also used a 7th rd pick on Jonathan Taylor. Wish I could have kept Achane, but I'm 2-2 and replaced both of my drafted QBs already (Geno and Daniel). Week 6 might get things turned around.

More a general observation, but there are some really bad offenses. If you are starting Steelers, Pats, Falcons, Panthers - I don’t like your chances. Can throw the Ravens in there also, not much bang for the buck.

I have 1-2 teams that are going to destroy all year.

And 1-2 teams that are going to get their asses handed to them all year.

And of those 4 teams, 2 could end up in the middle of that.

Why bother? I'm at an emotional standstill.

Opponent started Sam Howell (Herbert on bye) - negated by the Goff-at-home slam dunk.

Kyle Pitts finally woke up. Sam LaPorta: ‘sup.

Tyreek Hill went off (37.1) in the early game. Ja’Marr Chase outscored by 19.1 in the late game.

Every. Starter. Scored. A. TD.

(Waddle, Olave, Hall, Pacheco, Addison)

High score, biggest blowout, lost season revived. Only 2-3 but back in the race. Love Victory Monday.

I lost by 2 pts with my opponent taking two ZEROS from players. Sucks when you lose A Richardson during the game and you have to start Miles Sanders because of byes and injuries.

Am I the only one that had ALL of Jefferson, Richardson and Achane go down in the same team in the same week?
That is tough.

I'm in 3 leagues, lost my #1 pick in 2 leagues for extended time (Barkley and Jefferson) also lost Mike Evans early game in 2 leagues (he was the #9 WR at the time) I also lost Khalil Herbert in 2 leagues (my RB3-4) and I lost Javonte Williams in ALL THREE LEAGUES. (Back tonight) I also lost Aaron Jones in a league. This has been over the last few weeks.

In the league I snagged Barkley, my RB2 is Pollard. Pollard owners know how bad he's been, err the Cowboys. Either a quick defensive blowout where Pollard can be rested, or they get so far behind they don't run the ball then either.

Oddly enough, the league I have Jefferson and Aaron Jones, I am 4-1 and leading the league with most points scored. I have a bit of a cushion (I may well win this week too) So hopefully I can survive the loss of Jefferson. HOWEVER - there are a few reports stating that by the time Jefferson comes back, it may well be a lost season for the Vikes and they may not put Jefferson out there in harms way. I doubt that happens, but it IS in the back of my mind. In said league we start 3 WRs and I'm still rolling out Keenan Allen, Mike Evans (IF he comes back soon) and Drake London. I think I can compete there with my stable of RBs, but the loss of Jefferson sucks.

The other 2 I am 1-4 and if I don't win say......... 2 of the next 3, its just another lost season to injuries.

Any other Dish Network peeps here? RedZone channel signal has been terrible most weeks, with my receiver showing weather related signal loss regardless of actual weather. No issues on any other channel.

Started Fields weeks 1-3, and 6 where he averaged 11points per week, and benched him the other two where he averaged 30points.
Also now 2-4 with the 2nd highest point total. 3 of the losses were to teams I would have beaten every other week except the week I played them.
Also, also, more than half my team is out with injuries now

F*** H2H leagues, and FF in general, but seriously F h2h leagues

WTF!!!! I can’t believe how many injuries are happening this year. I thought I was stacked at RB. CMC, Barkley, A Jones, Kyren Williams, Achane and J Cook.

My team hasnt scored a non-QB TD in 2 weeks. Scored under 70 points both weeks. This is the worst fantasy team Ive ever had. A combo of bad drafting and injuries. 2-4 now with no hope in sight.

I dunno. In my main league I had a rough week 1, then things started looking up. Since week 3 I'm the 2nd top scorer, but only 2-3 and of course lost last week to the top scorer, and now it's likely to happen again going against the 1st place team; for crying out loud he replaced JJ with Adam Freakin' Thielen who has a season high game. Luck does not seem to be on my side much this season.

I dunno. In my main league I had a rough week 1, then things started looking up. Since week 3 I'm the 2nd top scorer, but only 2-3 and of course lost last week to the top scorer, and now it's likely to happen again going against the 1st place team; for crying out loud he replaced JJ with Adam Freakin' Thielen who has a season high game. Luck does not seem to be on my side much this season.
Thielen is a WR1 this season

WTF!!!! I can’t believe how many injuries are happening this year. I thought I was stacked at RB. CMC, Barkley, A Jones, Kyren Williams, Achane and J Cook.
Ditto. I was stacked with CMC, Achane, Kyren, K. Herbert and Pacheco. Next week I’m down to Pacheco and (if CMC doesn’t play) Mason, whom I picked up last week. And a WR at flex.

I was 2-3 with a miserable roster and lost JJ. I tried trading him all week and kept getting rejected
Finally Sat night someone accepted an offer for Calvin Ridley. Ridley scored 4 more points than JJ and now 2-4.

Both teams were done after last night - I had Allen, Waller and Bass going.

I was down 30+ at the start of the game and after the Bills scored their last touchdown I went up by 0.7 points. Bass missed the FG and then I was losing by 1 point. Waller came through with a few catches on the last drive which put me back on top. Whew.

One of my teams was so stacked at RB and so weak at TE that I explored deals, none of which came to fruition. Then I lost Achane, K. Herbert, CMC and Kyren, and am left with Pacheco, Allgeier and Mason. Got Schultz and L. Thomas on waivers. I guess sometimes the best deals are the ones you don't make.

I've had the worst fantasy season in my entire 25+ years ever playing. Started with a horrible drafts, I face 120 points every week, i made a horrible trade after week 2 (mostert for andrews), then the injuries started happening (lost JJ, Gibbs. Herbert all in same week). Being 2-3 and with a horrible roster I tried to trade JJ all last week. Finally on Saturday I was able to trade him for Calvin Ridley fresh off a 17 pt performance. I was happy. He has proceeded to score 4 pts and 1 pt. I might as well have just kept Jj and started ANYONE else. Low point of the season tonight. About to be 2-5. Can't believe I'm in set and forget mode with my lineup only half way thru season.

I've had the worst fantasy season in my entire 25+ years ever playing. Started with a horrible drafts, I face 120 points every week, i made a horrible trade after week 2 (mostert for andrews), then the injuries started happening (lost JJ, Gibbs. Herbert all in same week). Being 2-3 and with a horrible roster I tried to trade JJ all last week. Finally on Saturday I was able to trade him for Calvin Ridley fresh off a 17 pt performance. I was happy. He has proceeded to score 4 pts and 1 pt. I might as well have just kept Jj and started ANYONE else. Low point of the season tonight. About to be 2-5. Can't believe I'm in set and forget mode with my lineup only half way thru season.
Maybe this will make you feel better...last night in dfs for me

Early 4th quarter, winning nothing despite having ETN as my MVP in several lineups. :tfp:

Sometime in the 4th after Hill scores, one lineup now will double up for $18. :yawn:

Kamara 2 pointer takes it to $19. :towelwave:

Notice I'm not that far out of first and need a Kirk TD. :hophead: :grad: :nerd:

Kirk scores, under 3 minutes to go, tied first first with 90 people staring at a $3300 payout. :eek: :headbang::suds:

Under review. :penalty::popcorn:

It stands. :clap:

Sweat time. :scared:

I have Hill, Kamara, and Thomas :shark:

Kamara 15 yard run (Kamara tops ETN at MVP), sometime in the waning moments on the last drive I'm now in second with a $57 payout. :violin::kicksrock::wall::sadbanana:

But there's hope....Saints could score and we go to OT or Saints could stall and turnover the ball on downs with all three timeouts left meaning ETN will get some touches. :brush:

Get the turnover on downs but Carr gets hurt and the Saints burn a timeout. :clyde:

Me :cry:

You :ptts:

Benched Lamar as I was growing a little weary of waiting for new Baltimore Offense to gel and thought Detroit D was for real. My impatience bought me a loss and certified my Moron status. Some seasons are maddening.

Might lose to the last place team in my league, and be his first win, because Bijan, Tua, Jamo, and Maher all faceplanted at the same time this week. I briefly had Ford in for Bijan but “thought better of it” because that would’ve been stupid, wouldn’t it?

No one in my league will trade me a WR when I desperately need one and it’s starting to look hopeless. I’m not having fun and I’m starting to wonder if getting back into this hobby was a mistake.

Staring down the barrel at 0-7 tonight. My Aiyuk vs. Addison & Mattison. The schedule maker has really had it out for me as much as injuries have led to my demise. Week 1 lost Rodgers and the game by 5, week 2 Lost Richardson in the first quarter then Chubb & Barkley and the game by 3, week 4 lost Richardson after 1 quarter played against McCaffrey's 4TD's, hung in there but lost by 2 against week high scorer, week 5 was Burrow & Chase getting healthy, Richardson goes down for good then lose Achane got creamed, week 6=0 TD's from my really crap left overs couldn't even put up a fair fight. This week it was Mahomes/Kelce & the Swifties. Never in 20+ years of playing Magic Football has it been this bad, this frustrating. . .and to top it all off, Packer Fan:topcat::ptts:

Might lose to the last place team in my league, and be his first win, because Bijan, Tua, Jamo, and Maher all faceplanted at the same time this week. I briefly had Ford in for Bijan but “thought better of it” because that would’ve been stupid, wouldn’t it?

No one in my league will trade me a WR when I desperately need one and it’s starting to look hopeless. I’m not having fun and I’m starting to wonder if getting back into this hobby was a mistake.
Also losing to the last place team in one league and giving the guy his first Dub of the season. Feels absolutely horrible that my team couldn't muster enough points to beat the worst team in the league...I am officially "that" team going forward

Now I'm 2nd in points and sitting at 2-5, while there's a 7-0 team that's 5th in points. There's also a 4-3 team that I've outscored by 200 points on the year. Just absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: GPS
Not that I care how Yahoo's silly AI algorithm grades my performance, but can someone explain this to me?

Non-PPR league where 90pts is typically enough to win a week. My opponent was projected to score 88.96 and scored 107.81, which was the league's second highest total. His grade: A-minus.

I was a massive underdog, projected for 70.88. Addison's huge night came up just short, as I lost by 0.31. Still, my 107.5 was the league's third-best, and more than 50% above my projection.

Yahoo's grade: C-plus

:shrug:

Won by 20 even with Bijan and Ridley.

Browns + Hopkins = :moneybag:

I played the Browns and Hopkins this week and also won, although I needed Addison on Monday Night to do it with the comeback.

Currently sitting at 7-0 in my home league for the first time ever and not even really sure how I'm doing it. It's a consistent squad and I've been lucky with streaming defenses, although I think I'll hold the Browns now.

Don't know whether to pick Aubrey back up and drop Hopkins. He's been $$

Strange season to say the least. Home league team has 3 players I drafted in my starting lineup this week. So gross.

My scrub squad was #3 in scoring this week but faced #1 💀

It’s like building a paper mache house in the rain. Every solution falls apart.

Edwards, Henderson, Rice and Downs will be featured prominently until they all are killed off by the karmic chaos that is haunting me this year.

Strange season to say the least. Home league team has 3 players I drafted in my starting lineup this week. So gross.

Edwards, Henderson, Rice and Downs will be featured prominently until they all are killed off by the karmic chaos that is haunting me this year.
You're considering this karmic? What ... what was it ... that you did? 👀

I sold my soul to the devil last year to win it all in this league, of course.

I have a new-to-me keeper league going this year where I'm 5-2 despite being 11 out of 12 in scoring. My team is a flaming bag of dog doo between bad draft strategy, players underperforming my projections and injuries (obviously not unique to my squad). It's a waiver order league so I keep being 11th in line. I had no idea that facing teams having their worst week was a workable strategy but, here we are.

I sold my soul to the devil last year to win it all in this league, of course.

I have a new-to-me keeper league going this year where I'm 5-2 despite being 11 out of 12 in scoring. My team is a flaming bag of dog doo between bad draft strategy, players underperforming my projections and injuries (obviously not unique to my squad). It's a waiver order league so I keep being 11th in line. I had no idea that facing teams having their worst week was a workable strategy but, here we are.
How in the hell....that's wild.

Meanwhile I'm in the total opposite boat in my league. 2nd in points scored, and I'm 2-5.

Users who are viewing this thread