What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (3 Viewers)

Good news - I have the highest scoring team in the league.

Bad news - the "team" with the 2nd highest score is my collective opponents...everyone has their best week against me.
I've had the same problem all year. My team is 6-5. 5 of my wins came when I had high score. 4 of my loses came when I was the 2nd to 4th highest scoring team of the week. The next closest team to me in points scored is 150 points behind me

Hey, rankings are only rankings, projections are only projections, but just wanted to say: on fantasypros ROS league rankings (top team is given a score of 100, the rest are scored proportionally):
My team is #1.
The difference from my team to #2 is 19.
The difference from #2 to last place #12 is 26.

(Here comes bragging karma, I'll be one and done in the playoffs)

Bad news - the "team" with the 2nd highest score is my collective opponents...everyone has their best week against me.
I've had the same problem all year. My team is 6-5. 5 of my wins came when I had high score. 4 of my loses came when I was the 2nd to 4th highest scoring team of the week. The next closest team to me in points scored is 150 points behind me
Man, that's pretty extreme....

I feel your pain. I built a great team through keepers, auction draft, free agency, and trades, but am 4-7 with 6 of my losses going against a top 2 scoring team for the week. Most points scored against in the league by far. The one thing you can't control in FF.

Gotta Brag, my team is stacked! I already have high score this week and still have DJ Moore going tonight. My bench scored 125 points. Wish I would've played Kyren over Saquon, I'd have a shot at 200 points this week. 10 team redraft work league. The only league I play in. I know it's not the most competitive, but After playing 27 years straight I took 4 years off and this is my first year back at it. My roster

QUARTERBACKS
Josh Allen
CJ Stroud

RUNNING BACKS

Christian McCaffrey
Kyren Williams
Saquon Barkley
Tony Pollard
De'Von Achane
Devin Singletary

WIDE RECEIVERS
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Nico Collins
Calvin Ridley

TIGHT ENDS
Sam LaPorta

KICKER
Dustin Hopkins

DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS
Cleveland
Pittsburgh

Somehow I'm only 7-5. 6 of the weeks I won with high score and all but one of my losses I finished 2nd-4th highest score of the week. The guy with Tyreek is currently one game behind for a playoff spot with two weeks left before they start. Going to try and flip some depth to get Tyreek on my team. He needs a QB and his RB's are just okay. Thinking something like Stroud, Saquon, & Collins for Tyreek. We'll see if he bites

Lost on that last end around by Flowers. Ravens needed one first down to go into victory formation. 3rd and 2. It was going to be a run. All I needed was Flowers to be tackled before reaching the end zone. He should have just gone down after getting the first down. Read the chances of him scoring with a handoff from 37 yards out in that case was 0.7%. Brutal loss as I scored a ton of points. 6-6 now be 7-5. Worst loss for me in 25 years

Benched Stafford for Dobbs this week. The Dobbs to Hock TD put me up and got the win by 0.48 against the #1 team in the league.

I would have won my matchup by 1 point if I hadn’t swapped out Rhamondre Stevenson for Jerome Ford. I keep losing crucial matchups against current playoff positioned teams because I make the wrong lineup moves. I’m going to miss the playoffs because of it. This is such a cruel game sometimes.

That last catch by DJ Moore have me the highest score of the week. Of course my opponent was the 2nd highest scorer. I don’t feel bad because I’ve been on the other side end of that dynamic twice this year with that league.

Not sure where to post this but I find it interesting that I hold another team's first, second, and third round picks, which with two games left in the regular season, stand as the #1 pick position -- yet with 2 straight wins (he's favored by a good bit this week) and a moderate amount of luck, he would be in the playoffs. Then it's just 3 wins and 🏆 (#12 pick position). Note: he presumably gets Jefferson back after this week.

So I posted it here, because there is bound to be either some bragging or grieving from me soon.

ETA: Oh I guess I'll add in, last night that same team had Dobbs going and needed 5.9 points to win. A lock right? Well Dobbs's dud made it interesting. He was at -2.6 points sometime late in the game. But the 4th quarter touchdown got him a 0.2 point win. D'oh!

Last edited:
I had too many running backs (Mixon, White, Warren, with both Kyren and Conner returning from IR), so I made a brilliant trade of Mixon and White for Jonathan Taylor and Zack Moss. Got in a roster crunch and had to drop Moss. Got one glorious week where Taylor outscored Mixon and White combined, did a little gloating about it, and have now been punished by the gods.

Agonized over Geno vs. Browning this week (went Geno). Thought Browning's floor might be higher due to Geno reinjury or benching and missing out on possible garbage time points in blowout loss.

League with multiple player copies and I catch two opponents with Metcalf. The odds of that happening are 0.6%. Can't wait for this season to end.

Regular season ended last week in FFPC. Had some teams in their Main Event and by a grand total of 2.6 points I had two teams miss the playoffs and a third team lose out on picking up an additonal $500 for seeding. Meanwhile my only team to make the playoffs in this format had almost 90 points to spare.

One of the leagues got knocked out by .3 points on that last DJ Moore catch, which was not a head to head game but felt like it and would mark the 6th straight week I came up short by less then 1.5 points in a huge game were the other team had someone going on MNF. I have no such close wins during this timeframe and in total went 0-9 over the last 6 weeks in such games, were the other team had someone going on MNF and the outcome was decided by less then 1.5 points.

My dynasty WRs:

Jefferson
Chase
Kupp
Nacua
Dell

My record: 10-2

My chance of even getting out of the first round of the playoffs thanks to injuries: 0

99% to win in a superflex wher I started only Bryce Young at QB. Henry, Lamb, Puka, Diontae, Taysom save the day

Benched Nico in favor of Ridley. I’m down by 2 and he has Mixon. Aaaah!!!! Once again I’ll still finish as one of the top 3 scoring teams of the week and might lose. I’ve played this game 30 years and have never had such bad luck with the schedule before. My team is the highest scoring team by far. I mean it’s not even close. I’m about 200 points ahead of the next closest team and I might be 7-6 after this week. Its ridiculous!

You would think that me team sucked this week when my team has J Herbert, Javonte, Logan Thomas and the KC defense.

But my WR murder's row of Tyreek, Ceedee and Mike Evans saves me AGAIN. 24 rec, 435 yards and 4 TDs between them. 94.1 PPR fantasy points. :moneybag:

I lost last night but clinched my division any way. Came into the week 8-4 and four teams were tied at 6-6. So if I lose the last two and somebody wins the last two it would come down to tie breakers. All four of the 6-6 teams were favored this week. In terms of tie breakers, I had beaten two and lost to two, so it was a coin flip who might get the nod.

Anyhow, 3 of the 4 teams that were 6-6 lost, and the one that won I own the head-to-head. So I can treat Week 14 like a BYE and then Week 15 is a real BYE.

I will of course set my line up to try to win this week, but my waiver strategy is now focused on Week 16, not Week 14 or 15.

once again I faced a team that got high score against me. This team is the 2nd worst team in the league, but for whatever reason they had their best game of the year against me. 10 man league where if every team went H2H against every other team every week I’m 10 games above the next closest team. I’ve scored 170 more points than any other team this year but somehow I’m 7-6 and barely making the playoffs. I’m never playing H2H again. Its ridiculous! It’s not like you can play defense against your opponent, and I’m just getting screwed big time

It’s not like you can play defense against your opponent
But what if you could? Always thought that would be a cool idea. Have like, "Team Pass Def" and "Team Rush Def" positions on your roster, and however those NFL teams fare defensively makes "some sort" of a modification to your opposing offensive players' scores. Open to interpretation of how that modification would be made.

In one league, I have Stroud, Aaron Jones, Jonathan Taylor, Amari Cooper, Chris Godwin, Darren Waller and Romeo Doubs on my bench this week and I'm in last place. Starting Love, G. Wilson, D. Johnson, Edwards-Helaire, Ekeler, Ferguson and E. Moore.

Crazy season.

I lost the following players on one team this week:

Dell
Stevenson
Pacheco
Taysom
Eli Mitchell
Possibly Geno Smith

Struggling to even field a team at this point

Playoffs start this week in my 2QB .5ppr redraft league. Weird thing is, I'm not struggling, freaking out, desperate to find that last starter, etc like I usually am entering the playoffs.

I started 1-5, so I'm playing with house money. Finished 7-6 in 3rd place with the highest score and highest points against. This is the first year in a long time where everything seems to be falling into place at the right time leaving me strangely confident.

I guess it really does happen.

QBs: Dak, Justin Herbert
RBs: Kyren Williams, Achane, James Cook, Brian Robinson, Keaton Mitchell
WRs: ARSB, Deebo, Jaylen Waddle, Puka, Brandin Cooks
TE: Kelce, Trey McBride
K: Brandon Aubrey
DST: Browns, Saints, Colts

Heck, I just dropped Jordan Addison and picked up the Colts D.

Last edited:
I literally lost 6 starters due to injury this week in Geno, Pacheco, Jefferson, Dell, Hill, Stevenson and the QB I used to replace Geno was benched. Needed a win to secure the bye and lost.

I was starting Gino this week, not knowing that Trevor Lawrence is going to play. By the time they announced the Gino was out, they were really no 4pm quarterbacks worth taking. So I picked up Drew Lock. 15 points was OK.

If I ever play this game again I won’t play H2H. Once again I’ll probably have the 3rd highest score of the week and lose. My team is 7-7 and barely made the playoffs even though I’ve scored 200 more points than any other team in my league. There’s no way this team should be 7-7 and barely in the playoffs

QB’s: Josh Allen, CJ Stroud
RB’s: Christian McCaffrey, Kyren Williams, De’Von Achane, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard, Zack Moss, Ezekiel Elliot
WR’s: Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, Nico Collins
TE: Sam LaPorta
K: Dustin Hopkins
D/ST: Cleveland, Indianapolis

Only once in 14 weeks did my team score under the league average. 6 of my 7 wins were because I got high score. I’ve had high score against me 5 times. 5 times I’ve finished top 3 in scoring and lost. This is BS!!!

If I ever play this game again I won’t play H2H. Once again I’ll probably have the 3rd highest score of the week and lose. My team is 7-7 and barely made the playoffs even though I’ve scored 200 more points than any other team in my league. There’s no way this team should be 7-7 and barely in the playoffs

QB’s: Josh Allen, CJ Stroud
RB’s: Christian McCaffrey, Kyren Williams, De’Von Achane, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard, Zack Moss, Ezekiel Elliot
WR’s: Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, Nico Collins
TE: Sam LaPorta
K: Dustin Hopkins
D/ST: Cleveland, Indianapolis

Only once in 14 weeks did my team score under the league average. 6 of my 7 wins were because I got high score. I’ve had high score against me 5 times. 5 times I’ve finished top 3 in scoring and lost. This is BS!!!
Now realizing that our league is set up where H2H is the tiebreaker for the playoffs. There are 4 7-7 teams fighting for 3 spots. I have the worst record of the 4 teams which means I’d be out. However the rules also say if these teams didn’t play an equal amount of games against each other it goes to most points scored instead. Fortunately for me two of us have played 5 games against each other and two have played 4 which means the tiebreaker should go to me because I am waaaay above anyone else in points scored. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow morning what ESPN does. The fact that I’m even wondering if this team is going to get into the playoffs is ridiculous. I’ve been playing since 1991 and never had a season even close to this. If I went H2H vs every team every week I’m in 1st place by a mile.

I lost three starters on my one dominate dynasty auction league team going into the playoffs. I do have a bye but things are looking a bit tough right now with injuries. Hope the heal quickly.

As for tonight (due to injuries) I need 62.07 points to pull off the win and the weekly high score. I have Achane, Hill and MIA DST tonight..... let's make it happen!

What a rollercoaster of a final Monday double header night to secure the victory and playoffs.

Went in with Barkely and Achane versus Tyreek Hill down by 21 points.

Hill left with injury.

Barkely scores a bunch. Feeling good.

Hill comes back. Catches some big passes. Losing.

Barkley breaks off a 33 yard run to put me ahead and fumbles it away untouched to put me behind.

Barkely scores a few points on the final drive to put me ahead.

Miami scores two Mostert tds and just has to salt away a victory on defense.

Miami blows the lead and I know I’m screwed, but Hill doesn’t get a touch on the last drive to win by a hair.

This game is fun right?!?!

No friggin way. I needed a miracle for one of three teams. Towards the end, my best hope was needing to outscore the only team I could catch by 110+ points this week. The Landry sack with 20 seconds left did it and I took him on season points tiebreak to sneak in - 4098.42 to 4095.20

Users who are viewing this thread