What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (2 Viewers)

Of course Nacua and Olave put up 59.3 points for my team in my auction redraft league….but I was eliminated in the 1st round last week. Grrr…

Kicking myself a bit for starting Kincaid over Olave - I didn't want 3 guys going on Thursday in case it was a low-scoring game. Cost myself ~12 points there.

OTOH, the fantasy gods have smiled a bit as my opponent has a combined 4.9 out of Diggs and Grupe (NO PK). MFL currently has our matchup dead even.

Injuries are splattering 0s all over my teams - Jordyn Brooks, Jonathan Greenard, etc.

Questionable offensive plans are joining the fray too - Pat Freiermuth, Drake London, Noah Brown

Essentially getting beat by Joe ####in Flacco (Cooper and Njoku)
Same. Minus Njouku. But he has pitts anyway

Dominated the regular season. Guy snuck into 6th place with 11th most points out of 12 teams. Didnt use a single waiver dollar. And is beating me because of a 40 spot from amari cooper

Fantasy football everybody!

Essentially getting beat by Joe ####in Flacco (Cooper and Njoku)
Same. Minus Njouku. But he has pitts anyway

Dominated the regular season. Guy snuck into 6th place with 11th most points out of 12 teams. Didnt use a single waiver dollar. And is beating me because of a 40 spot from amari cooper

Fantasy football everybody!
Craziest part is about 1/3 of his points came on or after 4th down conversions because the browns kicker is hurt

Benched Puka and felt real dumb. Opponent had a great start with Kyren, Josh Allen and even an emergency sub of Gabe freaking Davis. But then the 1:00 games happened Cooper, Breece and Derrick Henry have made me a 96% favorite. Crazy swing, I thought I was done for.

Going to end up losing because of Cooper going nuts... and I'm a Browns fan! Talk about mixed emotions watching that game yesterday...

That Lamar sack just cost me a possible miracle win. Have Tucker and going against SF D. A 50 yard FG there would have put me up 2. Now likely doomed.

Last year, I finished 1st or 2nd in three of four leagues. Lost every playoff game. This year, I am headed to the finals in 3 of those 4 leagues.

Heading to the finals in my 28 year old work redraft league. Looking to get my name on the trophy the most times of anyone in the league with a win next week. 🤞🤞🤞

I've made the final for the 9th time in 14 years I've been in a local league with former coworkers. Will be going for my 4th title and a repeat. Beat my neighbor today who is the commish and barely outbid me for CMC this year.

They played 2 years before I joined and kinda hosed me on converting to a keeper when the team I took over didn't have anything worth keeping. I'm just a menace in the auction. Studs and duds is always the move, even if injuries leave you falling short.

ETA: Funny enough, I had a poor auction in a couple of respects. Ended up with Burrow as my QB (pivoted to Cousins and then Love in the playoffs) and Schultz as my TE (grabbed Laporta before he blew up). Got laughed at for how much I spent on Lamb.

:thumbup:

I've made the final for the 9th time in 14 years I've been in a local league with former coworkers. Will be going for my 4th title and a repeat. Beat my neighbor today who is the commish and barely outbid me for CMC this year.

They played 2 years before I joined and kinda hosed me on converting to a keeper when the team I took over didn't have anything worth keeping. I'm just a menace in the auction. Studs and duds is always the move, even if injuries leave you falling short.

ETA: Funny enough, I had a poor auction in a couple of respects. Ended up with Burrow as my QB (pivoted to Cousins and then Love in the playoffs) and Schultz as my TE (grabbed Laporta before he blew up). Got laughed at for how much I spent on Lamb.

My story is similar to yours.

This is our league's 30th year and is a 10 player keeper. I also beat our Commish to make the finals. I have been in the finals 9 of the last 10 years but only won two of them, one of which was last year so I am also going for a repeat. If I win it will be my 6th title total.

My opponent in the finals is a team I have made four trades with this year and it seemed to benefit both of us greatly. I traded him great, shorter term talent (Mostert, Rachaad White, Devonta Smith, Kelce) is return for younger studs (Amon Ra, Pacheco, McBride) and draft picks.

Eked out a win to get into one final this year (only rolling two teams, so can't complain, I suppose).

Injuries/etc. have piled up of late (lost my starting QB, RB2, Flex1 and PK the past three weeks), and the Chiefs' offensive issues overall are sort of murdering me, so not sure I will be able to pull out the W for a championship. My squad is still the close second in total scoring on the year, and will be facing the #1 scorer (who has injury issues of their own, but less so than mine). Should be interesting to see who gets which "scrubs" to come through, if nothing else.

Eliminated in the semis in two leagues that I ran the table in the regular season. Kamara was a factor in both, but the early exits of Pacheco and Sutton didn't help. Such is fantasy football, I suppose, but it's super frustrating to dominate leagues for the entirety of the season only to miss the 'ship due to fluke-ish happenings.

Lost a chance at the championship by 10 points. My kicker Dustin Hopkins got hurt in the 1st quarter and was out the rest of the game. DJ Moo0re also got hurt in the 1st quarter and even though he came back in he wasn't the same. He barely did anything in what looked to be a great matchup for him. To top this all off I lost to the guy I traded CeeDee Lamb to. I traded him CeeDee after week 6. At that point CeeDee hadn't done much at all and I was able to get Keenan Allen for him. Well, needless to day CeeDee went off right after that, and Keena wasn't even playing because of injury. Very frustrating year!

Lost in the semis by 12.2. My last agonizing roster decision was to bench Olave (14.3) for Kincaid (1.7), which is a net loss of 12.6 points :sadbanana;

That close to beating a team with Hurts, CMC, Taylor, Lamb, Diggs, Kelce and Pitts in the lineup.

Eliminated in the semis in two leagues that I ran the table in the regular season. Kamara was a factor in both, but the early exits of Pacheco and Sutton didn't help. Such is fantasy football, I suppose, but it's super frustrating to dominate leagues for the entirety of the season only to miss the 'ship due to fluke-ish happenings.
Same here, 3 years running....league scoring champ, best record, just a bad/terrible production week in the playoffs and it's a few months of unlucky reflection.

So I have had 2 players going so far, Browns DST for 16 points and ARSB for 22.10, I'm good right? Not so much, going against Hall for 27.6 and Lamb for 42,2, FML.

Lost in semis to the team that went off is going to win it this week. Scored enough last week to win the other semifinal and enough this week to beat everyone.

GO FIGURE

Last edited:
Lost CMC in one game, Kamara in the other, in late games Kelce, Lockett and Rice have combined for 2 catches and almost no yards, falling to 1-6 in Finals in my main league.

For the title...was down 15 going into late games. My Browning and Kelce vs his Chase and Higgins. Didn't see a realistic scenario for me to win without Kelce blowing up. So I eliminated the Bengals correlation, benched Browning and gambled on Stidham. Lost.

With Browning would have won by 0.3.

I'm the biggest idiot in world. I panicked because I was down big and started Hall over Geno 5 minutes before 4pm game. If I started Geno I would be champion right now. Instead i have to watch this scrub ruin my season because of stupid over thinking.

I'm the biggest idiot in world. I panicked because I was down big and started Hall over Geno 5 minutes before 4pm game. If I started Geno I would be champion right now. Instead i have to watch this scrub ruin my season because of stupid over thinking.
How many points do you need from Hall?

I wasn’t involved, but the margin of victory in my main redraft league’s title game was 0.24.

The loser had Love (pulled in 4th quarter), Reed (didn’t play in second half due to injury) and Mattison (lost snaps to Chandler due to game script).

Every year that passes I wonder why I keep playing this game of chance. See you all on August.

Also I'm tired of my phone changing every In to on and vice versa.

Last edited:
Football life has jumped the shark imo. Happy New Year all!

And I'm not bitter at all for trading Jayden Reed ($1 keeper) for non keeper Jamar Chase (to go with Diggs and Jefferson) for my stretch run. Grr.

Last week: bragging when Amari Cooper’s 40+ carries me to the Finals

This week: venting when Lamar scores 40+ and I still lose. Oy.

My first championship since 2018. Now up to 7 titles in 15 years - need another one to get back to .500

Redraft, Full PPR, 6 points for Passing TD. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 Flex, 1 DST, 1 K, 5 Bench spots, 3 IR spots (I made extensive use of IR this year)

My starting QB's have been Daniel Jones, Justin Fields, Matthew Stafford, Kyler Murray, then Justin Fields from Week 14 to the end

Drafted from 8 spot in a 12 team league. I only have 5 of the original 14 players I drafted. No trades made, just a bunch of Waiver Wire moves and IR moves.

Final Score 165.1 to 98.3, Week 17 roster:

Starters:
QB - Justin Fields off WW (he was a rage drop)
RB - Kyren Williams off WW
RB - Ezekiel Elliott off WW
Flex - Zamir White off WW
WR/TE - Stefon Diggs drafted in 1st round
WR/TE - CeeDee Lamb drafted in 2nd round
WR/TE - Tyler Lockett drafted in 6th round
DST - Buffalo Bills off WW
K - Brandon Aubrey off WW

Bench: (Warren, Ford and Hill all outscored Zeke and Zamir - Johnson also outscored Lockett and Diggs)
RB - Jaylen Warren drafted in 10th round
RB - Jerome Ford off WW
RB - Justice Hill off WW
WR/TE - Diontae Johnson drafted in 5th round
DST - San Francisco 49ers off WW

Drafted players that are no longer on the roster
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson 3rd round
RB - Dameon Pierce 4th round
WR/TE - Jahan Dotson 7th round
RB Antonio Gibson 8th round
QB - Daniel Jones 9th Round (I have also started Matthew Stafford and Kyler Murray in addition to Justin Fields in games this season)
DST - Ravens 11th round
WR/TE - Rashod Bateman 12th round
RB - De'Von Achane 13th round (I dropped him for Tyjae Spears after Week 1 - thought Achane might be banged up a lot, which he was, but would have loved to start him the weeks he was healthy)
K - Cameron Dicker 14th round

Guys who I have had on IR at various times this year
Kyler Murray
Jeff Wilson
Diontae Johnson
Daniel Jones
Kyren Williams
Justin Fields
Dameon Pierce
Jerome Ford
Matthew Stafford

DST's I streamed during the year
Ravens x 4
Broncos x 1
Chiefs x 2
Browns x 2
Cowboys x 4
49ers x 1
Bills x 2

Kickers I streamed during the year
Cameron Dicker x 1
Jake Moody x 4
Brett Maher x 2
Ka'imi Fairbairn x 1
Brandon Aubrey x 8

In a dynasty league, I had a good score handled fairly easily during a championship game. I posted 244 [average was about 205(?) for the year] points. He had 267. It was a good run, but I came up short in the end. I was going for a repeat and thought I had a shot even as far as the afternoon games, but my team was overtaken by some nicely zealous scoring by a few defensive backs I was up against during said afternoon. That's how the timeline went. Sort of frustrating watching it slip away in the waning moments of the afternoon, knowing the night game won't mean a thing because you're in the clubhouse and he has two more to go.

Anyway, that was the twilight of my year. I'll see you next year!

Last edited:
Won my last 5 and 9 of the last 10.

First title in my long time league since 2015.

QB Goff, Burrow
WR Chase, Waddle, Olave, Reed, Chark, Palmer, D Robinson
RB Gibbs, Hall, Pacheco, Warren, K Mitchell
TE LaPorta, Njoku
K Fairbairn, McLaughlin
DST Cleveland, Houston

Was down by 16.92 going into the final game. Reed scored 26.90 before leaving with injury (chest.)

My story is similar to yours.

This is our league's 30th year and is a 10 player keeper. I also beat our Commish to make the finals. I have been in the finals 9 of the last 10 years but only won two of them, one of which was last year so I am also going for a repeat. If I win it will be my 6th title total.

My opponent in the finals is a team I have made four trades with this year and it seemed to benefit both of us greatly. I traded him great, shorter term talent (Mostert, Rachaad White, Devonta Smith, Kelce) is return for younger studs (Amon Ra, Pacheco, McBride) and draft picks.
I ended up smoking my opponent this week in the finals by 67 points. Started strong with Breece, CeeDee and Amon Ra. Ended with my kicker (Butker) outscoring his Mahomes and Kelce combined. Got a good performance out of Buff Def and Josh Allen did OK enough. My opponent had Kyren, but fairly down performances from the rest of hist roster. I did this even with sitting Pacheco for Barkley, I just did not trust Pacheco. Congrats to all who won!

Won my last 5 and 9 of the last 10.

First title in my long time league since 2015.

QB Goff, Burrow
WR Chase, Waddle, Olave, Reed, Chark, Palmer, D Robinson
RB Gibbs, Hall, Pacheco, Warren, K Mitchell
TE LaPorta, Njoku
K Fairbairn, McLaughlin
DST Cleveland, Houston

Was down by 16.92 going into the final game. Reed scored 26.90 before leaving with injury (chest.)
Congrats! I just wanted to say thankyou for being the positive vibes in the Gibbs thread (my favorite thread of the year) I was "this" close to dropping him out of sheer frustration, but your good vibes local feedback I stayed the course.. fast forward to a title as he helped me on a 5 game win streak and a clutch week 16. Thanks again!:thanks:

Users who are viewing this thread