What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Lloyd-Week 15 (1 Viewer)

JbizzleMan

Footballguy
I know a lot of people rode this waiver-wire darling into their fantasy football playoffs, but clearly the Broncos are struggling right now. There are persistent rumors that we might see Tim Tebow under center sooner rather than later.

What are your plans for week 15?

Lloyd will be benched in favor of Welker and TB Mike Williams. I'd even consider Westbrook over him in the flex.

I'll thankfully be on bye in week fifteen, and watching with a keen eye for what he does this week.

This has been a most disappointing turn for his season.

If I had a game this coming week, I'd likely still be starting him, but Floyd is my best option behind him. I'd be thinking seriously about subbing Floyd in. Hmmm. I dunno. I just dunno.

Good thread. I think there are other players that this would be appropriate for as well. I am leaning towards giving B Lloyd another crack it it. Not sure why. Basically, I have to start two of the three at FLEX - Cassell, Eli and BLloyd. He had the targets last game and Orton just fell apart. He has just been so solid and had so many critical late game (garbage) points that I can see it happening again.

Interested to hear other thoughts.

I'll thankfully be on bye in week fifteen, and watching with a keen eye for what he does this week.This has been a most disappointing turn for his season.If I had a game this coming week, I'd likely still be starting him, but Floyd is my best option behind him. I'd be thinking seriously about subbing Floyd in. Hmmm. I dunno. I just dunno.
That's what I did during my bye week 14 after his disappointing showing week 13. I'm not sure I can live with starting him and risk having him throw up another bad game when I have seen 2 bad games in a row. One thing to consider.When they played Oakland earlier this year he was held to 1 catch for 46 yards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Asmougha shadow Lloyd specifically during that game, or do they still just line up NA on one side of the field? If it's the former, I think it makes for an easy decision.

JbizzleMan said:
I know a lot of people rode this waiver-wire darling into their fantasy football playoffs, but clearly the Broncos are struggling right now. There are persistent rumors that we might see Tim Tebow under center sooner rather than later.What are your plans for week 15?
I expect to bench him this week. It's not a good matchup and Denver seems to be falling apart.

If you play Lloyd you play Orton (just keep that in mind). Orton looked very lost in the ARZ game.....he may be feeling the Tebow pressure.

Given his performance the first time against the Raiders and how bad the Broncos have looked the last two weeks, I am going to be looking to sit him. BMW would be my first option, otherwise it is either Crabtree or Meachum. They are seem meh to me.

I'm not sure who I'm starting, but I'm definitely leaning against Lloyd. Other options are H. Nicks, V. Jackson, M. Austin & S. Moss in no particular order (start 2 or 3 if I use WR for the flex). Definitely going w/ Nicks, If Gates doesn't go, may roll w/ V Jax and maybe S. Moss if I need 3. Austin is probably too inconsistent.

He's been a flex play for me for weeks now (Roddy & Jennings). I may be benching him for a third RB this week (LeGarrette or Felix).

It's a bummer because if McDaniels had not been fired I wouldn't even question benching Lloyd but the new HC & OC may not be able to keep the Orton-Lloyd magic alive.

If Lloyd has a decent week (4-50+ yards with somewhere in the range of 10 targets) then I probably have to put him back in the lineup in week 16 for that Houston match up at Den. But I don't like him on the road at Oakland.

I bet every Bronco player has a huge chip on his shoulder after that embarrassing drumming the Raiders gave them in their own house.

I think the payback factor could be in effect here.

I bet every Bronco player has a huge chip on his shoulder after that embarrassing drumming the Raiders gave them in their own house.I think the payback factor could be in effect here.
The problem is that they stink. What are they going to do about it? They are an impotent team.

I bet every Bronco player has a huge chip on his shoulder after that embarrassing drumming the Raiders gave them in their own house.I think the payback factor could be in effect here.
The problem is that they stink. What are they going to do about it? They are an impotent team.
Any Given Sunday buddy.Don't underestimate the power of an embarrassed pro.
No doubt. But it doesn't always play out that way and last week the Broncos really looked like a team that had given up on the season.ETA: The Raiders are also coming off a tough loss but still have a slim shot in the division because of their division record (4-0). The Raiders simply need the win more and "the hungrier team wins" philosophy is just as much in effect as the "revenge" philosophy.

No doubt. But it doesn't always play out that way and last week the Bronco's really looked like a team that had given up on the season.
This is my fear.

No doubt. But it doesn't always play out that way and last week the Bronco's really looked like a team that had given up on the season.
This is my fear.
There is no way around the fact that losing McDaniels was a huge blow to the passing game. Putting the RBs coach in as the new HC probably doesn't help either. But if the team has quit too?I think Knowshon is the only play for the Broncos this week.

If there's doubt, he can't be started. Garcon, who has looked good the past 2 weeks, will get the start over Lloyd. Lloyd definitely exceeded my expectations though, since I've picked him up off the WW. Had a good run with Lloyd.

If you play Lloyd you play Orton (just keep that in mind). Orton looked very lost in the ARZ game.....he may be feeling the Tebow pressure.
yes. i'm sure that's it. :lmao:
I doubt Tebow has anything to do with it.The interim HC (Studs'n'duds?) needs to win games if he wants to get rid of the "interim" tag. Tebow won't help him do that. Besides everything I hear is that Tebow was McDaniels guy, I don't see the incentive for the IHC to do anything other than field his most competitive team, in which case Orton>>>>>Tebow.

Like others, I'm benching him for Tampa Mike Williams. Denver looks like a hot mess. The Lloyd ride was fun while it lasted, but he's riding pine from here out.

yes. i'm sure that's it. :lmao:
I doubt Tebow has anything to do with it.The interim HC (Studs'n'duds?) needs to win games if he wants to get rid of the "interim" tag. Tebow won't help him do that. Besides everything I hear is that Tebow was McDaniels guy, I don't see the incentive for the IHC to do anything other than field his most competitive team, in which case Orton>>>>>Tebow.
I agree 100%.

Triple whammy: (1) coaching change, (2) bad QB play (or possible change), and (3) Asomoghu. IIRC, they didn't throw his way the first game with Oakland because they didn't' want to challenge Nmadi.

Will likely be on the bench. Have to decide between him, Holmes, and Bowe. A trio of WRs that have cooled off mightily and have suffered from bad QB play.

Never would have thought it two weeks ago, but planning on sitting him for Wallace, Branch, and Garcon. Just can't afford to take a low number this week and feeling much more confident in the other three at this point.

Since I'm playing against Lloyd this week, I will be attending church and praying that he has production similar to or less than last week. Thanks for asking.

Ummm, ok. FBG ranking have now thrown me for a huge loop.Llyod #4 ??? :unsure: :confused: :confused:
I'd like to hear the thought process in this ranking.
:goodposting:
Another request for an explination. When I saw that I almost fell out of my chair. Based on last week I figured Lloyd would be at least out of the top 15.(Not to hijack...but Id also love to know why Colston is ranked 24. Have they not been watching the Saints...or Bal pass defense lately?)

I'm also stumped as to why Dodds has him so high. For reasons already mentioned, this match-up screams low production. I've had a plug & play receiver corps ever since snagging LLoyd off the waiver wire, and he's been a large part of that, but right now I'm not the least bit comfortable starting him. I'm thinking Bloom's projection here is much closer to the mark.

I'm benching him for Vincent Jackson I think. He's not healthy, his team is floundering badly. They got absolutely demolished by the Raiders, there is a chance Nnamdi is on him all game.

So I'd expect 11-140-2, because the NFL is crazy.

They were talking about the starting QB on Sirius yesterday and said that Tebow and Quinn were splitting 1st team reps, while Orton was sitting because of an arm injury. Then they went on to say something about how Orton was throwing the ball 70 yards, so there clearly isnt an arm injury. And all this was leading to them basically saying it might be the week they start seeing what they have in Tebow so they have game film on him for whoever is the next coach. So in the 2 leagues I have Lloyd in, Im taking a wait and see approach this week. Just FYI...

Look at Lloyds career numbers. The Lloyd owners have to accept that the market is correcting itself.

In a PPR playoff game this week, I may bench him in favor of Bennett. Foolish perhaps, but to my memory, Lloyd historically doesn't produce well when he's injured. It is interesting that some WRs don't have much of a drop off in production even when injured, while other WRs drop off the face of the earth production wise when they are nicked up. The calf injury has me concerned more than the coaching change.

Users who are viewing this thread