What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bravo to the Patriots (1 Viewer)

bro1ncos

IBL Representative
The girl that won the NFL Punt, Pass, and Kick for her age group that got booed in Indy last week, gets tickets for her and her family to the AFC Championship and will get recognized on the field by the Pats at the opening coin toss.

Classy move by Bob Kraft.

The girl that won the NFL Punt, Pass, and Kick for her age group that got booed in Indy last week, gets tickets for her and her family to the AFC Championship and will get recognized on the field by the Pats at the opening coin toss.Classy move by Bob Kraft.
What happened? I don't remember this.

The Indy fans booed her something fierce when her name was called as her age group's winner, as she wore a Patriot's jersey.

Last week at the Indy/SD game they announced the national winners of the Punt,Pass, & Kick competition. The girl that won the 14-15 yr old age group was from New Hampshire. She was wearing a Pats jersey and she got booed when they announced her with the other winners at halftime of the game.

Colts owner should have done this and/or arranged this thru Kraft or somesuch. Not a big big deal but he couldn't have been too proud of the Colts fans at that moment and it would have been a nice backhanded message to them.

I do agree with whomever in the game thread said that the girl's dad should have told her not to wear that in an opposing team's stadium.

The Indy fans booed her something fierce when her name was called as her age group's winner, as she wore a Patriot's jersey.
It was not that fierce.Again people...anytime this punt pass and kick thing gets done in stadiums...the kid wearing a rivals jersey (because that is where they are from and who they represent) will get booed. I have seen it in 2 different stadiums live...and several others on TV.

Colts owner should have done this and/or arranged this thru Kraft or somesuch. Not a big big deal but he couldn't have been too proud of the Colts fans at that moment and it would have been a nice backhanded message to them.I do agree with whomever in the game thread said that the girl's dad should have told her not to wear that in an opposing team's stadium.
That's what they do. Most wear their favorite team's jersey. None of the other non-colt-jersey-wearing participants got booed. Just showed a lack of class, or at least bad judgment, by the Indy fans, booing a 14-year old girl.

Colts owner should have done this and/or arranged this thru Kraft or somesuch. Not a big big deal but he couldn't have been too proud of the Colts fans at that moment and it would have been a nice backhanded message to them.I do agree with whomever in the game thread said that the girl's dad should have told her not to wear that in an opposing team's stadium.
That's what they do. Most wear their favorite team's jersey. None of the other non-colt-jersey-wearing participants got booed. Just showed a lack of class, or at least bad judgment, by the Indy fans, booing a 14-year old girl.
See above. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: They were not booing the girl - just the jersey. She knew it was coming, and as mentioned above I have seen this in past years.

Big deal out of nothing here. This happens all the time with rival jerseys. Doesn't make it right, it does make those people jerks, but you can't single out Indy fans as "classless" here. Some of Indy's fans are just as big of jerks as some fans of other teams.

Jerks are universal.

Your post above
It was not that fierce.Again people...anytime this punt pass and kick thing gets done in stadiums...the kid wearing a rivals jersey (because that is where they are from and who they represent) will get booed. I have seen it in 2 different stadiums live...and several others on TV.
Previous occurences doesn't excuse a moment of classlessness(word?) Like I said originally, not a big big deal here

From the USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/20...138561863_x.htm

Kraft knows the hoots were not directed at the high school freshman from Stratham, N.H., about 20 miles north of the Massachusetts border. It’s just that the jersey provokes an instant response, usually a negative one.

Grant also understands, and even smiled when she heard the boos.

“Before I went down there, my friends said, ‘You know, you’ll probably get booed,’” she said in a telephone interview. “I was kind of waiting for it.

“It really didn’t bother me at all,” she added.

See above. :lmao:
Your post above
Previous occurences doesn't excuse a moment of classlessness(word?) Like I said originally, not a big big deal here
I don't consider it classlessness to laughingly boo a rivals jersey.She laughed...expecting it...she knew it was going to happen.Its part of sports, its part of a rivalry. You boo the people in the rival's jersey. Again...say the Pats are playing the Colts...and they do this and there is a kid with a Colts jersey in it....does anyone on this board seriously think the Pats fans would not give it to that kid?Even if they were not playing the Colts.No...they would have done the same exact thing...its not a lack of class.Its a playful rivalry and done in jest.

From the USA Today:

Kraft knows the hoots were not directed at the high school freshman from Stratham, N.H., about 20 miles north of the Massachusetts border. It’s just that the jersey provokes an instant response, usually a negative one.

“Before I went down there, my friends said, ‘You know, you’ll probably get booed,’” she said in a telephone interview. “I was kind of waiting for it.

Ding ding ding...we have a winner.

From the USA Today:

Ding ding ding...we have a winner.
Topic should be changed to: "Good PR move by Patriots".

Why is this a big deal? Of course she was gonna be booed, she was wearing a Patriots Jersey at the RCA Dome.

Today I hear that Bob Kraft (Patriots Owner) has contacted the girl, Anna Grant from New Hampshire, and has given her tickets for herself, her parents, and her 2 brothers to attend this weeks playoff game. The plan is for Anna to take the field and be honored before the game... and I'm sure she will receive the cheers that she deserves from NE fans that were missing in Indy.

This may happen in other stadiums but the way this year has gone if it happened in Foxboro the bashers would already have about 15 threads analyzing how poorly this reflects on Kraft, Brady, Belichick, Bruschi, Steve Grogan, Mosi Tatupu, Gino Cappelletti, Jim Nance, Patriot fans in general and the entire population of Mass, RI, Maine, NH, VT and Conn including men, women and children.

Honestly, I think this is more of a rivalry for Indy than it is for NE. Indy has this obsession with the Pats because until last year, they couldn't beat them. IMHO, the other AFC East teams are bigger rivals than the Colts. It's kind of like the obsession most Red Sox fans have with the Yankees. But even that has lost some of its luster now that the Sox have won the World Series and have been able to get past the Yanks. Maybe now, Indy will hate the Chargers more and channel their hatred towards a more worthy villian. :goodposting:

From the video on Youtube, it also looked like the mascot might have incited it too, because he wasn't in any of the previous shots. But without further evidence it's hard to say, so I'll withold judgement. If the mascot did incite the booing, then the Colts management is every bit as guilty and needs to step up and say something, because the mascot represents them.

Regardless of what jersey she was wearing though, she is still a minor and the fans who did boo used poor judgement. It's no different than at a little league or pop warner game and you get ignorant parents who act up. Yes it was a professional football game, but it was during a moment to honor youth sports. And at that moment, that's all that should have mattered.

This may happen in other stadiums but the way this year has gone if it happened in Foxboro the bashers would already have about 15 threads analyzing how poorly this reflects on Kraft, Brady, Belichick, Bruschi, Steve Grogan, Mosi Tatupu, Gino Cappelletti, Jim Nance, Patriot fans in general and the entire population of Mass, RI, Maine, NH, VT and Conn including men, women and children.
Good lord Patriots fans are insecure about everything.

Honestly, I think this is more of a rivalry for Indy than it is for NE. Indy has this obsession with the Pats because until last year, they couldn't beat them. IMHO, the other AFC East teams are bigger rivals than the Colts. It's kind of like the obsession most Red Sox fans have with the Yankees. But even that has lost some of its luster now that the Sox have won the World Series and have been able to get past the Yanks. Maybe now, Indy will hate the Chargers more and channel their hatred towards a more worthy villian. :goodposting:From the video on Youtube, it also looked like the mascot might have incited it too, because he wasn't in any of the previous shots. But without further evidence it's hard to say, so I'll withold judgement. If the mascot did incite the booing, then the Colts management is every bit as guilty and needs to step up and say something, because the mascot represents them.Regardless of what jersey she was wearing though, she is still a minor and the fans who did boo used poor judgement. It's no different than at a little league or pop warner game and you get ignorant parents who act up. Yes it was a professional football game, but it was during a moment to honor youth sports. And at that moment, that's all that should have mattered.
Well yes, it is more of a rivalry for the Colts. The Pats are the big dog in the NFL and the Colts have lost to them several times.Kind of like Packers vs. the Cowboys in the 90s was a bigger deal for the Packers and their fans than for the Cowboys.

It was not that a big a deal and the girl should feel proud to be booed like a real patriot player.

The Kraft gesture is also a little jab at Indy. These two orginizations do not like each other and Kraft will generate a little more publicity on the fact that the Indianapolis fans booed a 14 year old girl. The thing about Indy is that they think their fans are more classy than fans from places like Philly, Boston or New York. kraft is probably a little bothered by having the Pats-Colts clashes noted as Good vs Evil. Like i said most football fans will see it as not a big deal but some people will hear about the story and think: "Indy fans booed a little girl."

You're absolutely right. I just imagine that people take shots (justified or not) at them when infact it's been all roses this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colts owner should have done this and/or arranged this thru Kraft or somesuch. Not a big big deal but he couldn't have been too proud of the Colts fans at that moment and it would have been a nice backhanded message to them.

I do agree with whomever in the game thread said that the girl's dad should have told her not to wear that in an opposing team's stadium.
See above. :confused:
Your post above
It was not that fierce.

Again people...anytime this punt pass and kick thing gets done in stadiums...the kid wearing a rivals jersey (because that is where they are from and who they represent) will get booed. I have seen it in 2 different stadiums live...and several others on TV.
I don't consider it classlessness to laughingly boo a rivals jersey.She laughed...expecting it...she knew it was going to happen.

Its part of sports, its part of a rivalry. You boo the people in the rival's jersey.

Again...say the Pats are playing the Colts...and they do this and there is a kid with a Colts jersey in it....does anyone on this board seriously think the Pats fans would not give it to that kid?

Even if they were not playing the Colts.

No...they would have done the same exact thing...its not a lack of class.

Its a playful rivalry and done in jest.
All this may be true, but how many of the resident SP family would be in here screaming at the top of their lungs about the classless, whiny tool, Pats fans? I'd set the over/under at 5 pages. :hifive: ETA: Nice move by Kraft, and it'll sure be a nice moment for this girl, who I've heard will be introduced at the coin toss prior to the AFCC game.

The girl eats paint chips if she didn't expect to get booed in Indy. I'm sure it's fine, and it's a nice gesture by Kraft.

Why is this a big deal? Of course she was gonna be booed, she was wearing a Patriots Jersey at the RCA Dome.
:shrug: Pretty much how I feel. Big picture, not a big deal. The girl was smiling and she expected it, and she was a pretty BIG girl, and Im not downplaying the booing because it wasnt really necessary, but certainly not scarring or life altering either. Those fans were heated and hyped, and their team's season was hanging in the balance smack in the middle a highly competitive game. The timing of the presentation is what really irks me. And Im not a Colts or Chargers fan, so it didnt affect my team. But in between the 3rd and 4th quarters of a divisional playoff game? Really? They couldnt find a way to squeeze the recognition of these kids into a HALFTIME ceremony?? In fact, the first thing I thought of when I heard the initial introductions was, "My God, who has the ball right now"? Which team is on offense? This is incredibly disruptive to the flow of the game, and specifically the rhythm of an O. I would have been pissed if that were the Pats O, and Brady and co. were asked to take another long break in between quarters, or at the end of the 3rd or whenever it specifically occurred, to give these kids their due. Before the game, during halftime, a separately taped ceremony aired during halftime or in the pregame all seemed like better options. But smack in the middle of such an intensely heated game is no time for these types of presentations. Just my opinion there on what I thought was horrible timing. And good for Bob Kraft and the Pats for providing the girl and family & friends with tickets to this week's game. But I wont go too far with the praise because this is simply the right thing to do, and a beautiful way for them to earn some more positive press and PR that was basically served up on a silver platter by Indy fans. So it was a good, obvious move by the organization. A nice gesture and a little ironic that the girl that gets booed has her feelings 'hurt' ends up the big winner. Congrats to her.

:shrug: Pretty much how I feel. Big picture, not a big deal. The girl was smiling and she expected it, and she was a pretty BIG girl, and Im not downplaying the booing because it wasnt really necessary, but certainly not scarring or life altering either. Those fans were heated and hyped, and their team's season was hanging in the balance smack in the middle a highly competitive game. The timing of the presentation is what really irks me. And Im not a Colts or Chargers fan, so it didnt affect my team. But in between the 3rd and 4th quarters of a divisional playoff game? Really? They couldnt find a way to squeeze the recognition of these kids into a HALFTIME ceremony?? In fact, the first thing I thought of when I heard the initial introductions was, "My God, who has the ball right now"? Which team is on offense? This is incredibly disruptive to the flow of the game, and specifically the rhythm of an O. I would have been pissed if that were the Pats O, and Brady and co. were asked to take another long break in between quarters, or at the end of the 3rd or whenever it specifically occurred, to give these kids their due. Before the game, during halftime, a separately taped ceremony aired during halftime or in the pregame all seemed like better options. But smack in the middle of such an intensely heated game is no time for these types of presentations. Just my opinion there on what I thought was horrible timing. And good for Bob Kraft and the Pats for providing the girl and family & friends with tickets to this week's game. But I wont go too far with the praise because this is simply the right thing to do, and a beautiful way for them to earn some more positive press and PR that was basically served up on a silver platter by Indy fans. So it was a good, obvious move by the organization. A nice gesture and a little ironic that the girl that gets booed has her feelings 'hurt' ends up the big winner. Congrats to her.
It was odd timing and I thought the same thing of why was this not at halftime.Why are they delaying the start of the 4th quarter for this.

You're absolutely right. I just imagine that people take shots (justified or not) at them when infact it's been all roses this year.
I don't even think that people around here like taking shots at the Pats. With a few exceptions, their organization is run with a lot of class. Not really sure how anyone can hate Brady unless they're just jealous. People only take shots at them because of some of the obnoxious Patriots fans in this forum. Of course every team has fans like that. It's just exaggerated with the Pats since they're winning.....

I don't even think that people around here like taking shots at the Pats. With a few exceptions, their organization is run with a lot of class. Not really sure how anyone can hate Brady unless they're just jealous. People only take shots at them because of some of the obnoxious Patriots fans in this forum.
You're absolutely right.I grew up 20 minutes from Foxboro,and I also think there are some obnoxiousPats fans in the FBG.I have always thought humility and classshould be the mantra of Patriots fans during these glory days.PATS RULE...nya nya nya nyanyaaaaa nyaaaaaaa. (jk)

I don't even think that people around here like taking shots at the Pats. With a few exceptions, their organization is run with a lot of class. Not really sure how anyone can hate Brady unless they're just jealous. People only take shots at them because of some of the obnoxious Patriots fans in this forum. Of course every team has fans like that. It's just exaggerated with the Pats since they're winning.....
Having a coach that got caught cheating and two of the dirtiest players in football obviously has no influence :lmao: .

It was in I believe the Globe this morning that the girl really didn't care and was expecting it.
Exactly. If she's a Pats fans, she should've taken pride in getting booed at the rival's stadium. I know I would and I'd be pissed if I didn't. I'd even encourage them by holding up 3 fingers on one hand and one on the other for the number of SB wins. Plus she made out like a bandit scoring tix forher family and to get onfield for the coin flip. There's nothing wrong with booing anybody in your stadium wearing your rival's jersey, unless it's a dying kid or something horrible like that. Quit being so sensitive.

Jesus people. Boo-ed somethign fierce? Classless? Rivalry means more to the Colts than the Patriots?

Opposing jersey to fiercest rival shows up on the jumbotron of your team during a game, and you don't expect boos?

To think the rivalry means more to the Colts than the Patriots, is just silly.

I can't believe this is getting so much press. Anything to try to restore the image of the Patriots after the cheating scandal, I guess.

Kraft is a good guy and kudos to him for giving her tickets. Did he state a reason for doing so?

If it was because she won the PPK then great. If for the booing, then that is funny to me.

Jesus people. Boo-ed somethign fierce? Classless? Rivalry means more to the Colts than the Patriots?Opposing jersey to fiercest rival shows up on the jumbotron of your team during a game, and you don't expect boos?To think the rivalry means more to the Colts than the Patriots, is just silly. I can't believe this is getting so much press. Anything to try to restore the image of the Patriots after the cheating scandal, I guess.Kraft is a good guy and kudos to him for giving her tickets. Did he state a reason for doing so?If it was because she won the PPK then great. If for the booing, then that is funny to me.
It absolutely is for the booing, and is a genius PR move. The booing was a non-issue, no doubt, but it won't play that way in the media. It'll be interesting if the cover the introduction prior to the coinflip Sunday or not.

Now imagine she was Rivers....

It's funny how Indy people defend the crowd...."it was in jest" and a "good natured ribbing"

But Rivers getting amped up is somhow the lowest form of disrepect...

Ahhh....the smell of hypocrisy.....

Now imagine she was Rivers....It's funny how Indy people defend the crowd...."it was in jest" and a "good natured ribbing"But Rivers getting amped up is somhow the lowest form of disrepect...Ahhh....the smell of hypocrisy.....
Im not an Indy fan.And the difference between fans jokingly booing the rival jersey...and a player being dumb enough to talk trash to the crowd is pretty evident.

jonessed said:
fred_1_15301 said:
Boston said:
sho nuff said:
Boston said:
Having a coach that got caught cheating and two of the dirtiest players in football obviously has no influence :unsure: .
Thats why I said "few exceptions".....

jonessed said:
fred_1_15301 said:
Boston said:
sho nuff said:
Boston said:
Having a coach that got caught cheating and two of the dirtiest players in football obviously has no influence :unsure: .
The prosecution rests.ETA: the original posting was non-story. Kraft did this for PR and to sling mud at the Colts organization. The two organizations do not like each other; this is a known fact.

DanFouts said:
Now imagine she was Rivers....It's funny how Indy people defend the crowd...."it was in jest" and a "good natured ribbing"But Rivers getting amped up is somhow the lowest form of disrepect...Ahhh....the smell of hypocrisy.....
Yeah there's no difference at all here between the 2 situations..... :unsure: . Also, the girl handled the situation a little better than Rivers.....

BelichicksRevenge said:
It was not that a big a deal and the girl should feel proud to be booed like a real patriot player.

The Kraft gesture is also a little jab at Indy. These two orginizations do not like each other and Kraft will generate a little more publicity on the fact that the Indianapolis fans booed a 14 year old girl. The thing about Indy is that they think their fans are more classy than fans from places like Philly, Boston or New York. kraft is probably a little bothered by having the Pats-Colts clashes noted as Good vs Evil. Like i said most football fans will see it as not a big deal but some people will hear about the story and think: "Indy fans booed a little girl."
Man, you're totally right. If a 14 yr old takes the field in those places wearing a Colts jersey they don't get boo'd at all. ......they get beer poured on them, cussed out, and batteries heaved their direction. Man, we're classes...you got us.

sho nuff said:
DanFouts said:
Im not an Indy fan.And the difference between fans jokingly booing the rival jersey...and a player being dumb enough to talk trash to the crowd is pretty evident.
:thumbup: And for the record I have no dog in this particular fight.

BelichicksRevenge said:

Man, you're totally right. If a 14 yr old takes the field in those places wearing a Colts jersey they don't get boo'd at all. ......they get beer poured on them, cussed out, and batteries heaved their direction. Man, we're classes...you got us.
Thanks for proving my point. you think you are more classy than others

DanFouts said:
Now imagine she was Rivers....

It's funny how Indy people defend the crowd...."it was in jest" and a "good natured ribbing"

But Rivers getting amped up is somhow the lowest form of disrepect...

Ahhh....the smell of hypocrisy.....
WOuld not have been an issue . . . she never would have won the Punt, Pass, and kick competition

The booing didn't seem that loud. Considering the way the Colts feed back the crowd noise through their loudspeakers, I'd guess it was only a couple people. :fishing:

The point is not that Colts fans are classless - the point is that it was a nice gesture by the Patriots. That's all, not a big deal.

Relax.

Users who are viewing this thread