What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brian Westbrook Unlikely to Play? Hey KFFL get your facts straight (1 Viewer)

gradin123

Footballguy
Just read this on kffl.com

Eagles | Westbrook limited in practice Wednesday

Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:29:21 -0800

Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports Philadelphia Eagles RB Brian Westbrook (knee) was limited in practice Wednesday, Nov. 5, and he appears unlikely to play in Week 10.

Is this report for real?

Where the heck does this come from. I can't see any direct reports supporting this yet. Anyone heard anything?

UPDATE:

I decided to try and email Les Bowen directly and he responded almost immediately.

My question. KFFL.com is quoting you as saying Brian Westbrook is unlikely to play due to his knee injury. Is this true?

His response - No, no no. Likely to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW (nothing) Fanball speculates this is a precautionary move.

If this were a serious injury or setback stemming from last week's game why would he practice at all on Wednesday? I guess the only way I see this as being true is if something happened at practice today which then caused him to be limited.

FWIW (nothing) Fanball speculates this is a precautionary move.

If this were a serious injury or setback stemming from last week's game why would he practice at all on Wednesday? I guess the only way I see this as being true is if something happened at practice today which then caused him to be limited.
That is my line of thinking but I haven't heard anything yet and I can't see what Kffl is reporting on yet.

I see nothing on the web site that the original KFFL link had at all about Westbrook. There aren't any stories with comments from the reporter/writer either, so I'm wondering where they even got this blurb from.

I see nothing on the web site that the original KFFL link had at all about Westbrook. There aren't any stories with comments from the reporter/writer either, so I'm wondering where they even got this blurb from.
My heart is beating again.I decided to try and email Les Bowen directly and he responded almost immediately. My question. KFFL.com is quoting you as saying Brian Westbrook is unlikely to play due to his knee injury. Is this true?His response - No, no no. Likely to play.

FWIW - here is what Rotoworld says on it.....

Brian Westbrook-RB- Eagles Nov. 5 - 3:53 pm et Brian Westbrook (knee) was limited in Eagles practice Wednesday.The Eagles could just be getting Westbrook some desired early-week rest. He had 26 touches last Sunday against the Seahawks, totaling 96 yards. Westbrook is not listed on the injury report with his previous ribs issue.Source: philadelphiaeagles.com

My heart is beating again.I decided to try and email Les Bowen directly and he responded almost immediately. My question. KFFL.com is quoting you as saying Brian Westbrook is unlikely to play due to his knee injury. Is this true?His response - No, no no. Likely to play.
Just another reason why I try to avoid the feeds from Rotoworld and KFFL, as people read the comments and panic when who knows where they are comming up with both the "news," what it means, and what they are speculating.

:link: Thanks gradin for going the extra mile and getting this cleared up.

:construction: Thanks gradin for going the extra mile and getting this cleared up.
Thank Les Bowen. It was very nice of him to respond so quickly.BTW, KFFL has now corrected their blog to say he is still likely to play. I wonder if they read this or if Les Bowen contacted them

Users who are viewing this thread