What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bring The Truck Forward! (1 Viewer)

Compelling argument.

Oddly enough, this guy agrees: link
Ben Roethlisberger, the Steelers’ quarterback, was suspended from the first four games of the regular season after being accused of sexually assaulting two women. The Steelers, underdogs in two of the games, won three, returning 75 percent on bets they’d win all four.

With Roethlisberger, the Steelers went 9-3 yet were upset twice and trailed expectations. Bet on the team to win every game lost 45 percent.

If you used that as the number for the Super Bowl, the Steelers would be the lower-alpha team and end up being our favorite for the Super Bowl to cover the spread,” Haskin said.

Compelling argument.

Ben Roethlisberger, the Steelers’ quarterback, was suspended from the first four games of the regular season after being accused of sexually assaulting two women. The Steelers, underdogs in two of the games, won three, returning 75 percent on bets they’d win all four.

With Roethlisberger, the Steelers went 9-3 yet were upset twice and trailed expectations. Bet on the team to win every game lost 45 percent.

If you used that as the number for the Super Bowl, the Steelers would be the lower-alpha team and end up being our favorite for the Super Bowl to cover the spread,” Haskin said.
While the logic may be sound, Haskin said he’ll stick with the full-season methodology. “We’re still going with Green Bay to cover,” he said. “We still think they are the undervalued team in the Super Bowl.”

Compelling argument.

While the logic may be sound, Haskin said he’ll stick with the full-season methodology. “We’re still going with Green Bay to cover,” he said. “We still think they are the undervalued team in the Super Bowl.”
Looks like they are due to be wrong to me, all streaks come to an end. :thumbup: :shrug:

I am on board this truck. The Steelers +2, then +3 seemed fishy to me. Like a trap bet that Vegas is daring you to throw your money at the Steelers. I think the Packers easily cover by 6+.

For those looking at lesser known game predictors . . .

Defensive QB passer rating has been pretty good this year in that the team with the better defensive team QB rating has won 9 of the 10 games this year.

The only loss was SEA 97.9 vs NO 81.1.

NYJ 75.1 vs. IND 90.2

BAL 75.1 vs KC 76.2

GB 64.6 vs. PHI 78.5

GB 64.6 vs ATL 80.5

CHI 72.7 vs. SEA 87.9

NYJ 75.1 vs NE 79.8

PIT 70.8 vs BAL 75.1

PIT 70.8 vs NYJ 75.1

GB 64.6 vs CHI 72.7

SB match up is GB 64.6 vs. PIT 70.8.

For those looking at lesser known game predictors . . .Defensive QB passer rating has been pretty good this year in that the team with the better defensive team QB rating has won 9 of the 10 games this year.The only loss was SEA 97.9 vs NO 81.1.NYJ 75.1 vs. IND 90.2BAL 75.1 vs KC 76.2GB 64.6 vs. PHI 78.5GB 64.6 vs ATL 80.5CHI 72.7 vs. SEA 87.9NYJ 75.1 vs NE 79.8PIT 70.8 vs BAL 75.1PIT 70.8 vs NYJ 75.1GB 64.6 vs CHI 72.7SB match up is GB 64.6 vs. PIT 70.8.
Actually, this one predicted a Steelers-Packers Super Bowl before the playoffs started, so its even better than you suggest.

If the roof at Cowboys stadium is closed . . .

Rodgers in dome games the past two years (not counting the game this year against DET when he got knocked out early):

ATL 366/3/0

ATL 344/1/0

MIN 301/4/0

ARI 423/4/1

ARI 235/1/0

DET 348/1/0

MIN 384/2/1

STL 269/2/0

If the roof at Cowboys stadium is closed . . .Rodgers in dome games the past two years (not counting the game this year against DET when he got knocked out early):2010 ATL 366/3/0ATL 344/1/0MIN 301/4/02009ARI 423/4/1ARI 235/1/0DET 348/1/0MIN 384/2/1STL 269/2/0
Pudkin, please tell me you're liquidating all your 401ks's into this game?? Jesus you've provided more info to load up that anyone...

Pudkin, please tell me you're liquidating all your 401ks's into this game?? Jesus you've provided more info to load up that anyone...
Why are you so butthurt over Yudkin? He's one of the least emotional/most stats provided posters around here.
I will be the first to admit that everything gets thrown out on the opening kickoff and stats and history don't matter. All that matters is what happens in that 60 minutes of football, but all the hype and stats before that are what we get to debate . . .

If the roof at Cowboys stadium is closed . . .Rodgers in dome games the past two years (not counting the game this year against DET when he got knocked out early):2010 ATL 366/3/0ATL 344/1/0MIN 301/4/02009ARI 423/4/1ARI 235/1/0DET 348/1/0MIN 384/2/1STL 269/2/0
Wow, those are some great pass defenses you list there.....impressive....LOL

Rodgers vs Top 10 defenses in 2008-2010 (7 games):248 passing yards, 1.43 passing TD, 0.86 INT, 86.3 passer ratingPIT defense vs. Top 10 passing teams 2008-2010 (10 games):293 passing yards, 2.1 passing TD, 0.9 INT, 92.7 passer rating

We have a thread that Backs the Truck Up and a Thread that Brings The Truck Forward, each picking the opposite team. With a spread of 2.5, something tells me that one of the threads will be write.

Maybe if I park my truck right in the middle, I'll get a little of each.

I like the Steelers plus 8.5 and over 39 dipped.

Rodgers vs Top 10 defenses in 2008-2010 (7 games):248 passing yards, 1.43 passing TD, 0.86 INT, 86.3 passer ratingPIT defense vs. Top 10 passing teams 2008-2010 (10 games):293 passing yards, 2.1 passing TD, 0.9 INT, 92.7 passer rating
The Steelers can win the game if Rodgers "only" accumulates ~ 250 / 300 yards, 2 TDs and a pick... in fact, I'd really like their chances in this scenario.

QuizGuy66 said:
DansRams said:
Packers -2.5

Bet the house, bet the wife, bet the kids.

The Green & Gold TO THE BANK.

:) :lmao: :lmao:
So if you already have 3 kids and this hits you'll have 6? :wall: :unsure: -QG
6 kids would be rough, but would this mean I would be married to twins? :excited:
This is good news if you are happily married :) If not, well...misery loves company I guess ;)

-QG
Travis Henry won this bet a couple of times. Lucky guy!!!

I only won a hundred. A few years ago I would have bet a grand but this was not the year cash wise. But I'll take a hundy anytime it's this easy.

Users who are viewing this thread