What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brother is a serial Killer (1 Viewer)

Oh I think it will lead to new leads. especially with cold cases (ie some of the wedding announcements/mail match a missing person etc). I was disagreeing with scooby that the evidence was spoiled (though you may have inadvertently destroyed prints with your own etc) as it's not like they need to determine the who here. That part is easy, and no course will ever have to toss the evidence for chain of custody since your bro is no longer around to complain.I'm a little curious how you view the prison vis a vis the suicide. I've never understood why suicide wasn't legal in prison. Especially with guys who are 'lifers' etc. I don't think anyone's interest is served by your brother being alive frankly. He obviously didn't want to be. The system would have spent millions of dollars on his prosecution/incarceration, especially if he ultimately got the death penalty which sounds like it would have been fairly likely. Even the victims families who claim they want 'closure'. Seeking closure through a multi-year process of convictions and appeals rarely brings in. It frankly is better for all parties involved to move on with their lives. The only possible exception might be other unknown victims and the investigations for those families. But truth be told it is probably better for them to 'wonder' rather than find out and go through the hell that is trudging through the decades of the legal system/process for the victims families. I understand why the psychiatrist has to feel differently, but I think if true those guards did everyone a big favor and saved the taxpayers and victims in this case from a lot of pain and expense.
I don't think it is ever better for a family "to wonder" what happened to their loved one. I think they need to know so they can move on with their lives. I also don't think suicide should be legal in prison. Someone such as Drew does not deserve the option of going out on their own terms.
I think for Drew life in prison would have been the bigger punishment. He didn't deserve to go out his own way. The Bennett family were very disappointed they didn't get their day in court.

I don't know. The shoddy police work is inexcusable and I hope there aren't any unsolved murders out there.. :unsure:
the police in raleigh found a list of women's names, and directions to women's houses in drew's apartment. to the OP, what became of drew's dog?
The dog Vane, came home to Michigan and lived with my mother. The day Drew died, the dog began to show signs of being ill. He stopped eating and after a couple of days I came over and noticed a foul odor. Apparently the dog had advanced leukemia and developed a blood clot that blocked off blood flow to the tongue. The tongue rotting was what caused the odor. He was about 13 years old, so he was put down. He probably wouldn't have survived the chemotherapy."the police in raleigh found a list of women's names, and directions to women's houses in drew's apartment."What's really creepy is there was a girl that lived two floors above Drew that would leave her door unlocked while she walked her dog. According to the police, Drew must have snuck into her apartment and found the video tape buried in a trunk of hers, made a copy and at a later time put the original video tape back. Because she still had it after my brother was arrested.
Was this a sex tape I'm guessing? Was she one of the victims?
Looks like she was another person he was studying, a potential future victim. As, mentioned twice before, the tape was a home video of graduation or prom. I believe the tape was a means for fantasizing about her. He didn't do the initial filming.

Based solely on the news article you linked, I didn't understand the thread title, but after you shared additional background info a couple things stood out, making it understandable why you might suspect a "serial" killer.The X-box carton full of potential mementos/keepsakes from victims is pretty damn creepy and I've read that it's also common amongst serial killers. Iirc they keep such tokens to help them fantisize and relive their crimes. I'm really glad to hear that you did what you could and turned it all over to the authorities. IMO you deserve credit for doing that, and I sincerely hope a detective in Lansing will follow up on or at least explore this potential evidence.The other thing that that stood out to me was how your bro seemed to lack empathy for both you and your mom based on your recollections of his treatment of you growing up and his lack of concern for the sacrifices your mom made(possible early hints of psychopathic/sociopathic tendencies?). A single mother of four needs plenty of understanding from the rest of the family when it comes to finances. Glad to hear that you were more concerned about her financial burden than on getting the best HS class ring that money could buy.Thanks for sharing netnalp, I'm truly sorry for what you're family has gone through, especially your mom.
Also in my brother's things was a key to a Mustang II of my brother's that was in my mom's garage. She opened the trunk and there was a bloody futon mattress. I didn't see it, but mom said the blood stain was about the size of a manhole cover and thick and scabby. She called the police and they never showed up. So after 3 months she threw it away.
Un####ing real. You should alert the local press of the ####ty job the NC cops are doing. That is unfathomable.
The car was not in a garage in NC. His mother lives in Michigan, and the car was in her garage. He murdered a girl in Michigan too. You would think the Michigan police would be all over this mattress find.
My mom was trying to be responsible and inform the police about it. She felt her duty was complete. Even years later, my mom wishes this would all go away. When the Forensic Files episode airs as a rerun, she complains that she wished they'd stop showing it. I have accepted that with the internet, book and reruns, the information will always be out there to be found if someone looks. That's why I'm able to be open about it. Most of my family wishes it would all go away. It's not like I meet people and they automatically think "Oh, the brother of the killer."

This sounds odd. Almost sounds like this Morasco guy might have killed him, and was offering suicide as a motive to cover his ###. Was there anything unique or valuable in your dads estate? Something doesn't smell right here.
My dad lived in Wyoming and Morasco lived in Arizona. I don't know f the distance made it possible.

Wow. Last night I was flipping through the choices on Netflix and decided to see what "Nightmare Next Door" was all about. I had zero idea that there was an episode about Drew. Freaked me out when I saw the episode description.

Crazy story.

My mom was trying to be responsible and inform the police about it. She felt her duty was complete. Even years later, my mom wishes this would all go away. When the Forensic Files episode airs as a rerun, she complains that she wished they'd stop showing it.

I have accepted that with the internet, book and reruns, the information will always be out there to be found if someone looks. That's why I'm able to be open about it. Most of my family wishes it would all go away. It's not like I meet people and they automatically think "Oh, the brother of the killer."
This is a bit different from your experience, but my best friend grew up with a girl that was convicted of a terrible crime. Their families are very close, and Erika (the girl that committed the crime) came from a nice family and was the only child, and she considered my best friend and her siblings as extended siblings because of their closeness. Erika was said to be a great person growing up, and was a brides maid in my friend's sister's wedding, an honor student, etc. She considered my friend a "big sister", and my friend's sister one of her best friends. Anyway, there have been a lot of crime shows about the murders, and I noticed that my friend goes in waves of what she believes and doesn't believe. At one time she felt Erika must have had something in her that nobody noticed growing up to commit the crimes, but at other times and right now she feels Erika was brainwashed by BJ (her husband). My friend's sister who was closest to Erika believes BJ changed her too. I've read some of the letters Erika has written her from prison, and of course she blames her husband for everything. My friend watches some of the crime shows, but now gets irritated at the ones regarding Erika. I mentioned seeing a new piece on Erika to her not long ago, and she got irritated about it. She had just come back from Pa, and I think maybe she had seen Erika's mom and dad. Sometimes she seems to accept she is a cold blooded killer, and other times she doesn't. This is Erika

'shadyridr said:
You know I think its really unfair that a bunch of posts were deleted where people agreed with my question. 5 people said they didnt wanna say anything but when someone else mentioned the whole pedophile angle they wanted to say they also thought the same thing. Heck I wasnt even the first one to mention it. Meanwhile, everyone's post agreeing with me was deleted and yet mine is still there for people to bump and call me a jerk. :confused:
Irony check? Just following a post discussing the narcissistic persecution complex displayed by netalp's brother? How is it possible that you can read this thread and a majority of your responses are attempts to call someone a pedophile, or somehow making this about how you are being victimized in this thread? It's especially uncalled for in light of his very open and frank discussion of why his fear being labeled as such of this affects his life on a daily basis.This is probably why Rudnicki told you to quit while you aren't so far behind in very polite terms.Essentially you are intentionally just being a ####, and it's not really the time or the place for it. As someone elduded to above, it sounds like you are are sadistically displacing your own anger/picking a fight. Maybe you should stop reading this thread, might take you to a darker place than you need to be at right now.
I wouldn't be hard on him. He made a big assumption and probably should have asked for more clarification before going to the pedophile jump. I do give him credit for quoting and acknowledging that my clarification made perfect sense. None of the pilers-on did that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Last night I was flipping through the choices on Netflix and decided to see what "Nightmare Next Door" was all about. I had zero idea that there was an episode about Drew. Freaked me out when I saw the episode description. Crazy story.
That's the episode that showed on the Investigation Discovery channel. It's more informative than the Forensic Files.

Wow. Last night I was flipping through the choices on Netflix and decided to see what "Nightmare Next Door" was all about. I had zero idea that there was an episode about Drew. Freaked me out when I saw the episode description. Crazy story.
That's the episode that showed on the Investigation Discovery channel. It's more informative than the Forensic Files.
"Conspiracy of Evil?" Police use the little evidence they have to catch the killer of a woman found murdered in her driveway?It comes on again on Discovery !G (DTV 285), next Sat 1/31 at 11am CT

My brother's attorney, Kirk Osborn (the same one that represented the Duke Lacrosse players), had told my family that the large amounts of DNA that the prosecutor claimed to have was actually only a speck.
FWIW, I've met this guy at a seminar, attended a presentation of his, and can say he seems like a very competent attorney.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Your brother seemed to know the cops were following him and took precautions to keep all info/DNA away from them.

Why in the world did he keep the incriminating stuff in his apartment about the woman he had likely killed or was stalking? He could have easily burned the letters and other evidence in the stove or something.

Just makes no sense he was so aware of being followed yet kept tons of evidence in his apartment while at the same time planting false DNA samples/etc to throw off the authorities.

Your brother seemed to know the cops were following him and took precautions to keep all info/DNA away from them.

Why in the world did he keep the incriminating stuff in his apartment about the woman he had likely killed or was stalking? He could have easily burned the letters and other evidence in the stove or something.

Just makes no sense he was so aware of being followed yet kept tons of evidence in his apartment while at the same time planting false DNA samples/etc to throw off the authorities.
Serial killers (psychopaths) just don't give a ####. :banned:

Serial killers (psychopaths) just don't give a ####. :banned:
Well who better to know than SLAYER666

You know I think its really unfair that a bunch of posts were deleted where people agreed with my question. 5 people said they didnt wanna say anything but when someone else mentioned the whole pedophile angle they wanted to say they also thought the same thing. Heck I wasnt even the first one to mention it. Meanwhile, everyone's post agreeing with me was deleted and yet mine is still there for people to bump and call me a jerk. :confused:
Irony check? Just following a post discussing the narcissistic persecution complex displayed by netalp's brother? How is it possible that you can read this thread and a majority of your responses are attempts to call someone a pedophile, or somehow making this about how you are being victimized in this thread? It's especially uncalled for in light of his very open and frank discussion of why his fear being labeled as such of this affects his life on a daily basis.This is probably why Rudnicki told you to quit while you aren't so far behind in very polite terms.Essentially you are intentionally just being a ####, and it's not really the time or the place for it. As someone elduded to above, it sounds like you are are sadistically displacing your own anger/picking a fight. Maybe you should stop reading this thread, might take you to a darker place than you need to be at right now.
Nonissue here. Shady's good folks, he and Ruds cleared the air, and this is overblown.eta: I see netnalp has already addressed this. Kudos, for everything.

"Conspiracy of Evil?" Police use the little evidence they have to catch the killer of a woman found murdered in her driveway?It comes on again on Discovery !G (DTV 285), next Sat 1/31 at 11am CT
Just sent this up on the Tivo, thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

It's "Death on Lake Lynn Drive," which also airs Sat 1/31.

It's "Death on Lake Lynn Drive," which also airs Sat 1/31.
Discovery ID (DTV 285), next Sat 1/31 at 3pm CTthanks

I didn't read through the nine pages but I get the feeling that netnalp didn't find this thread to be that helpful.

What's really creepy is there was a girl that lived two floors above Drew that would leave her door unlocked while she walked her dog. According to the police, Drew must have snuck into her apartment and found the video tape buried in a trunk of hers, made a copy and at a later time put the original video tape back. Because she still had it after my brother was arrested.
i bet that girl locks her doors these days.
What was on the tape? Am I missing something?
On that video tape, it was something like a graduation party or prom. Something like that.Basically young girls in tiny dresses.My guess is it was something to touch himself to.
had to take a break from reading. will return later.

What's really creepy is there was a girl that lived two floors above Drew that would leave her door unlocked while she walked her dog. According to the police, Drew must have snuck into her apartment and found the video tape buried in a trunk of hers, made a copy and at a later time put the original video tape back. Because she still had it after my brother was arrested.
On that video tape, it was something like a graduation party or prom. Something like that.Basically young girls in tiny dresses.My guess is it was something to touch himself to.
Keep us updated.

Keep us updated.
that was my bookmark. that's all.

Never thought I would ever read this thread title on Footballguys. Wow.
I always thought we'd find out that a board regular was a serial killer. I'm going to type "FENSALK" right here so he can find it when he searches his own name.
You know, if anyone here has a mental disorder, its probably you. You are a very smart guy but seem uncontrollably driven to bully other people relentlessly on this forum. http://cherished79.wordpress.com/2007/08/09/bullying-tied-to-mental-health-problems-later/

Overall, the study authors found, boys who habitually bullied were more likely than their peers to be diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder as young men. People with this disorder have a disregard for the law and the rights of other people, and are often aggressive or violent.

That's YOU. You come off as a guy with serious, deep-seeded mental problems and an inferiority complex. Your coping mechanism is to find people to make fun of to make yourself feel better. You do this multiple times a day on the forum. Maybe you should try taking some medication. Or see a shrink.

There also seems to be zero empathy in your heart. Someone starts a thread about a personal tragedy, and your reflex action is to crack jokes and bully people.
Spot on.

Oh. My. Goodness. :shock:

You, sir, have quite the ability to rationally discuss this. I can't imagine what you've gone through these last few years. The ability to step back from it and discuss this rationally and objectively is, to be honest, amazing. I don't know if I could do that.

Thoughts and prayers, to you...and please continue to share if you can.

T&P netnalp...

Wishing you the best...interesting read and you should consider doing a book. There's probably some cash and catharsis in it. You can probably weigh that against the emotional toll to see if it is worth it. Thanks for sharing and I am wishing you internal peace.

It was like watching a movie you've never seen but knowing most of the scenes before they happen.

So sad for all involved.

And I meant no disrespect to anyone with the bump earlier.

Your brother seemed to know the cops were following him and took precautions to keep all info/DNA away from them.Why in the world did he keep the incriminating stuff in his apartment about the woman he had likely killed or was stalking? He could have easily burned the letters and other evidence in the stove or something.Just makes no sense he was so aware of being followed yet kept tons of evidence in his apartment while at the same time planting false DNA samples/etc to throw off the authorities.
Been away for the holidays and the playoffs.Now back to the thread.It seems that it was because he suspected the police were on to him, that he probably didn't throw away any incriminating evidence. Drew only had contact with my mother and he never told her about any of this stuff going on. A couple months before his arrest he had my mom compile a will and trust for him. My mom didn't think much of it. I wasn't so sure, so I asked her who did he name as the executors of the will. I just seemed odd that someone in their mid 30's would name only their 65 year old mother as the executor of the will. Sure, if she passed away, he could have the will changed. But, with how tight Drew was with money, I couldn't see him paying someone to change his will when he could have my mother do that for him for free in the initial will. I expressed concerns that maybe he was suicidal or terminally ill and hadn't told anyone.The police talked his supervisor at his job into helping them. Initially the supervisor felt Drew was innocent and thought if she helped the police gather DNA and information it would clear Drew as being a suspect. The first thing they had the supervisor do is acquire his time clock information from HR. In the several years of working at the place, Drew had never been late, gone on vacation, or called in sick. Except for one day. The morning that Stephanie Bennett's body was found, Drew was a few hours late to work. That raised a flag.That's when they tried to get the DNA from the cigar and water bottle and try to get his DNA over several weeks with no success. He had stopped putting any items in his garbage that might have DNA. He would stay after work and clean his work station for hours, like Ethan Hawke would in the movie Gattica. The police swabbed the computer keyboard and radio he'd use at work and didn't get any usable DNA.The police and the supervisor came up with the idea that she would bring in a few boxes of ice-cream on a stick for the staff. She would then try to get Drew's ice-cream stick. Drew ate a few of the ice cream's and the supervisor saw that he was putting the sticks in his desk drawer at work. When Drew walked away form the desk, she went to switch one of her ice-cream stick with one of Drew's. When she reached to open the desk drawer, the door to the room opened and Drew came in. She quickly snatched up a report that was in the finished pile, gave Drew a wave and left the room. She peeked in the window to see Drew open the drawer and examine the ice-cream sticks.When that didn't work, the supervisor invited the entire staff to go out for lunch. During that lunch Drew only ate finger foods and would take his drinking straw with him when ever he left the table. Banana pudding, would provide the police the break they needed. He went and got a bowl of pudding and ate one bite with a fork. Drew then spent the next 10-15 minutes cleaning the fork with a napkin and water from a glass. The police collected that fork and found DNA from a female and a male. It is assumed that the female DNA was due to poor washing by the restaurant. The male DNA sample from the fork only provided a partial match to the male DNA left behind at the Stephanie Bennett crime scene.The supervisor and the police came up with the plan that she would have Drew rerun some chemical samples that would require Drew to wear a pair of protective gloves that Drew kept in his work area. She said that Drew was angry about the request that he repeat the chemical analysis but eventually completed the task. The police would collect the gloves after Drew left work that day. The gloves provided a good DNA sample and it matched that of the crime scene.

Wow.....

Can you imagine eating lunch with a coworker and them spending any amount of time cleaning their utensil after they're done with it. Or taking their straw out of their drink whenever they left the table. The supervisor had to know as soon as the ice cream sticks were put in the desk drawer. Dude must have really liked ice cream.

T&P netnalp...Wishing you the best...interesting read and you should consider doing a book. There's probably some cash and catharsis in it. You can probably weigh that against the emotional toll to see if it is worth it. Thanks for sharing and I am wishing you internal peace.
Thank you and everyone else that has expressed these sentiments. I appreciate it. As for a book? All I can say is that during my free time, I've been working on learning the craft of writing. I imagine that the events I've written of in this thread will eventually make there way to the page. I just don't know yet in what form that will be, fictional, memoir? Will it just focus on my brother? I can't say yet, I'll just have to write and see what evolves. Years prior to my brothers crimes, I had a cousin suggest I write a book about stories I tell. She said I reminded her of the writer Dave Sedaris and lent me her copy of "Naked". I wasn't familiar with Sedaris's work. I started reading the book too see the similarities my humor has with Sedaris's. It wasn't may chapters in that Sedaris writes that he's gay. "Hey! What's my cousin trying to say?" I thought.I recently heard the Walt Disney quote on story creation, "For every laugh, there should be a tear." It got me thinking, maybe a memoir with the humorous and the dark stuff would be the most honest expression of my thoughts. Ultimately it is essential that whatever I write is respectful of the victims.

It was like watching a movie you've never seen but knowing most of the scenes before they happen.
It's partly this feeling that makes it easier for me to discuss these events so openly. As time passes, the stuff on the internet and shows remains ageless while time erodes away at the emotions and memories I have. It all seems less "real" and more like some show I once watched.For my mom the hurt is still strong. She called me January 2nd, it was the anniversary of Drew's suicide. She thought it was odd that she dreamed of her father's funeral from the mid '70s rather than Drew's.The other two brothers haven't talked about it much. The peeping one, wasn't able to attend the funeral due to his parole. The oldest one as I mentioned before, he and his wife smell like homeless people and hoard cats. Their church gifted them a large basket of hygiene products this Christmas. Anyway, about a month after Drew's funeral, the oldest brother's wife was upset that their was porn on their PC's browser history. When confronted about it, my oldest brother claimed that it must have been Drew's ghost doing it. He claimed Drew never liked him and was doing to get him in trouble. He even said that when he was taking a shower, the shower curtain moved in towards him in the shape of a rottweiler's head. He claims that was the ghost of Drew's dog. His wife believed it. I think it's really awful to use your own brother's death to try to get out of trouble, no matter how bad of a person he was.

Bob Jones University.... the pure horror stories I have heard about that place and the disturbing behavior of people while there and after. Being that that school is suppose to be a Christian school and your mother grew up around faith, how has her faith been affected? What are your own views on faith and God? Have they been changed in any way due to all of this?
I wondered why Bob Jones came up. In re-reading parts of the thread I saw it in that news article. That's an error. My dad went to Paul Smith's College. Most kids have stories of going to football games at their dad's alma mater, not me. My dad's college had lumberjack competitions as the big draw.If I missed anyone's questions feel free to ask. I tried to answer them all.

It's partly this feeling that makes it easier for me to discuss these events so openly. As time passes, the stuff on the internet and shows remains ageless while time erodes away at the emotions and memories I have. It all seems less "real" and more like some show I once watched.For my mom the hurt is still strong. She called me January 2nd, it was the anniversary of Drew's suicide. She thought it was odd that she dreamed of her father's funeral from the mid '70s rather than Drew's.The other two brothers haven't talked about it much. The peeping one, wasn't able to attend the funeral due to his parole. The oldest one as I mentioned before, he and his wife smell like homeless people and hoard cats. Their church gifted them a large basket of hygiene products this Christmas. Anyway, about a month after Drew's funeral, the oldest brother's wife was upset that their was porn on their PC's browser history. When confronted about it, my oldest brother claimed that it must have been Drew's ghost doing it. He claimed Drew never liked him and was doing to get him in trouble. He even said that when he was taking a shower, the shower curtain moved in towards him in the shape of a rottweiler's head. He claims that was the ghost of Drew's dog. His wife believed it. I think it's really awful to use your own brother's death to try to get out of trouble, no matter how bad of a person he was.
You brothers wife is an idiot.Your brother just said what would get him out of trouble. It worked. He knows his wife....the ghost dog was a nice touch.

Been away for the holidays and the playoffs.Now back to the thread.It seems that it was because he suspected the police were on to him, that he probably didn't throw away any incriminating evidence.

Drew only had contact with my mother and he never told her about any of this stuff going on. A couple months before his arrest he had my mom compile a will and trust for him. My mom didn't think much of it. I wasn't so sure, so I asked her who did he name as the executors of the will. I just seemed odd that someone in their mid 30's would name only their 65 year old mother as the executor of the will. Sure, if she passed away, he could have the will changed. But, with how tight Drew was with money, I couldn't see him paying someone to change his will when he could have my mother do that for him for free in the initial will. I expressed concerns that maybe he was suicidal or terminally ill and hadn't told anyone.

The police talked his supervisor at his job into helping them. Initially the supervisor felt Drew was innocent and thought if she helped the police gather DNA and information it would clear Drew as being a suspect. The first thing they had the supervisor do is acquire his time clock information from HR. In the several years of working at the place, Drew had never been late, gone on vacation, or called in sick. Except for one day. The morning that Stephanie Bennett's body was found, Drew was a few hours late to work. That raised a flag.

That's when they tried to get the DNA from the cigar and water bottle and try to get his DNA over several weeks with no success. He had stopped putting any items in his garbage that might have DNA. He would stay after work and clean his work station for hours, like Ethan Hawke would in the movie Gattica. The police swabbed the computer keyboard and radio he'd use at work and didn't get any usable DNA.

The police and the supervisor came up with the idea that she would bring in a few boxes of ice-cream on a stick for the staff. She would then try to get Drew's ice-cream stick. Drew ate a few of the ice cream's and the supervisor saw that he was putting the sticks in his desk drawer at work. When Drew walked away form the desk, she went to switch one of her ice-cream stick with one of Drew's. When she reached to open the desk drawer, the door to the room opened and Drew came in. She quickly snatched up a report that was in the finished pile, gave Drew a wave and left the room. She peeked in the window to see Drew open the drawer and examine the ice-cream sticks.

When that didn't work, the supervisor invited the entire staff to go out for lunch. During that lunch Drew only ate finger foods and would take his drinking straw with him when ever he left the table. Banana pudding, would provide the police the break they needed. He went and got a bowl of pudding and ate one bite with a fork. Drew then spent the next 10-15 minutes cleaning the fork with a napkin and water from a glass. The police collected that fork and found DNA from a female and a male. It is assumed that the female DNA was due to poor washing by the restaurant. The male DNA sample from the fork only provided a partial match to the male DNA left behind at the Stephanie Bennett crime scene.

The supervisor and the police came up with the plan that she would have Drew rerun some chemical samples that would require Drew to wear a pair of protective gloves that Drew kept in his work area. She said that Drew was angry about the request that he repeat the chemical analysis but eventually completed the task. The police would collect the gloves after Drew left work that day. The gloves provided a good DNA sample and it matched that of the crime scene.
Wow, he really knew what the hell he was doing.Also :X to the bolded.

Been away for the holidays and the playoffs.Now back to the thread.It seems that it was because he suspected the police were on to him, that he probably didn't throw away any incriminating evidence.

Drew only had contact with my mother and he never told her about any of this stuff going on. A couple months before his arrest he had my mom compile a will and trust for him. My mom didn't think much of it. I wasn't so sure, so I asked her who did he name as the executors of the will. I just seemed odd that someone in their mid 30's would name only their 65 year old mother as the executor of the will. Sure, if she passed away, he could have the will changed. But, with how tight Drew was with money, I couldn't see him paying someone to change his will when he could have my mother do that for him for free in the initial will. I expressed concerns that maybe he was suicidal or terminally ill and hadn't told anyone.

The police talked his supervisor at his job into helping them. Initially the supervisor felt Drew was innocent and thought if she helped the police gather DNA and information it would clear Drew as being a suspect. The first thing they had the supervisor do is acquire his time clock information from HR. In the several years of working at the place, Drew had never been late, gone on vacation, or called in sick. Except for one day. The morning that Stephanie Bennett's body was found, Drew was a few hours late to work. That raised a flag.

That's when they tried to get the DNA from the cigar and water bottle and try to get his DNA over several weeks with no success. He had stopped putting any items in his garbage that might have DNA. He would stay after work and clean his work station for hours, like Ethan Hawke would in the movie Gattica. The police swabbed the computer keyboard and radio he'd use at work and didn't get any usable DNA.

The police and the supervisor came up with the idea that she would bring in a few boxes of ice-cream on a stick for the staff. She would then try to get Drew's ice-cream stick. Drew ate a few of the ice cream's and the supervisor saw that he was putting the sticks in his desk drawer at work. When Drew walked away form the desk, she went to switch one of her ice-cream stick with one of Drew's. When she reached to open the desk drawer, the door to the room opened and Drew came in. She quickly snatched up a report that was in the finished pile, gave Drew a wave and left the room. She peeked in the window to see Drew open the drawer and examine the ice-cream sticks.

When that didn't work, the supervisor invited the entire staff to go out for lunch. During that lunch Drew only ate finger foods and would take his drinking straw with him when ever he left the table. Banana pudding, would provide the police the break they needed. He went and got a bowl of pudding and ate one bite with a fork. Drew then spent the next 10-15 minutes cleaning the fork with a napkin and water from a glass. The police collected that fork and found DNA from a female and a male. It is assumed that the female DNA was due to poor washing by the restaurant. The male DNA sample from the fork only provided a partial match to the male DNA left behind at the Stephanie Bennett crime scene.

The supervisor and the police came up with the plan that she would have Drew rerun some chemical samples that would require Drew to wear a pair of protective gloves that Drew kept in his work area. She said that Drew was angry about the request that he repeat the chemical analysis but eventually completed the task. The police would collect the gloves after Drew left work that day. The gloves provided a good DNA sample and it matched that of the crime scene.
Wow, he really knew what the hell he was doing.Also :X to the bolded.
It surprised me that he was able to avoid leaving any usable DNA for about 7-8 months. Never see that on CSI. I read once in a forum that there was a CSI:Miami based on this crime. Not sure if it's true, I don't watch that show that much.

The oldest one as I mentioned before, he and his wife smell like homeless people and hoard cats. Their church gifted them a large basket of hygiene products this Christmas. Anyway, about a month after Drew's funeral, the oldest brother's wife was upset that their was porn on their PC's browser history. When confronted about it, my oldest brother claimed that it must have been Drew's ghost doing it. He claimed Drew never liked him and was doing to get him in trouble. He even said that when he was taking a shower, the shower curtain moved in towards him in the shape of a rottweiler's head. He claims that was the ghost of Drew's dog. His wife believed it. I think it's really awful to use your own brother's death to try to get out of trouble, no matter how bad of a person he was.
It's not awful, it's insane.

Users who are viewing this thread