What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy low, sell high, buy high, sell low (2 Viewers)

I didn't receive any offers for RG3, but did start pimping him out. I have Rodgers, so was just looking to move RG3. Ended up going with the following in my 12 team PPR:RG3 & Donald Brown forDoug Martin & Brandon LafellI could've rode the wave and tried to get more value out of another good performance, or he could crash and burn and leave me holding him with nobody interested. I decided to go for a move now since this just isn't a very QB-starved year in Fantasy. There were only 2 even perspective teams that would need/want RG3 in my 12 teamer. Everyone else got pretty great QB play week 1.
that's a nice upgrade

'chem said:
Where does BenJarvus Green-Ellis fall here? He seems like the most controversial mover of the week. Either BJGE is a plodder who was deservedly dumped by the Pats, or a guy with spring in his step destined for greatness after getting 5.1 YPC vs the Ravens with an offense where even Benson was productive.Plus, Bernard Scott is coming back.Which is true? Argh. I have an offer of DJax (my WR4!) for BJGE in a PPR league (I get BJGE) and I'm really torn.
Woiuld 100% take BJGE there.

Trying to see how little it costs to get Deangelo right now. No one seems to like him at all, including Dodds.
Will be next guy I throw to the waiver wire in 12-team league. No desire to keep him on roster. Not shown to be part of pass game. Not a goalline option. I believe the workload gap really widens when Stewart returns (may be week or two before that happens)I'm scanning the backup RB's on NFL teams for fantasy purposes and really Deangelo isn't real high on that list either.

'Craig_MiamiFL said:
Trying to see how little it costs to get Deangelo right now. No one seems to like him at all, including Dodds.
Will be next guy I throw to the waiver wire in 12-team league. No desire to keep him on roster. Not shown to be part of pass game. Not a goalline option. I believe the workload gap really widens when Stewart returns (may be week or two before that happens)I'm scanning the backup RB's on NFL teams for fantasy purposes and really Deangelo isn't real high on that list either.
Now, we know that Stewart is coming back, and that hurts Deangelo. But how does the Carolina coaching staff watch last Sunday's game film and not realize they made a huge mistake abandoning the run that quickly? I haven't owned Deangelo in a couple of years. But it occurs to me that the Panthers will commit to the run over the next couple of weeks - which would make Stewart and Williams more valuable.

'Craig_MiamiFL said:
Will be next guy I throw to the waiver wire in 12-team league. No desire to keep him on roster. Not shown to be part of pass game. Not a goalline option.

I believe the workload gap really widens when Stewart returns (may be week or two before that happens)

I'm scanning the backup RB's on NFL teams for fantasy purposes and really Deangelo isn't real high on that list either.
Now, we know that Stewart is coming back, and that hurts Deangelo. But how does the Carolina coaching staff watch last Sunday's game film and not realize they made a huge mistake abandoning the run that quickly? I haven't owned Deangelo in a couple of years. But it occurs to me that the Panthers will commit to the run over the next couple of weeks - which would make Stewart and Williams more valuable.
I agree they'll run more. I think they'll split carries again as well (I see Stewart getting a bit larger share of those this year).Deangelo really wasn't worth holding in PPR last year. And I expect lesser stats this year. No 3rd down role. And he won't sniff the end zone unless he breaks a long one.

I really see no upside to Williams whatsoever.(Healthy Stewart or not) I'd rather roster no less than a dozen NFL backups [i could rattle them off but will spare the space here)

He's in that ugly late career between the 20's role (limited at that) with no passing game input. Only fantasy rostered at this point IMO due to his name.

Thinking I may try to " sell high" and get some value from Roddy White while some people still think there's a question as to who the WR1 in ATL is. Sure does seem like Julio is the man now.Overreaction? If Bailey covers Julio next week, Roddy could put up big numbers, but too many more games where Julio get 100+/2 to White's 84/0, and his value is going to drop drastically.
I imagine Julio will get more defensive attention if he continues to play at his week 1 level. Nobody should have expected White to repeat last year's numbers as we knew he wasn't going to get the same number of targets. Still, I like him if folks are bailing. He'll do what every other wr does - have some mediocre weeks, some bad weeks, and some really good weeks. One mediocre week does nothing to change his value.Wes Welker - someone in my non-ppr league is shopping him and I'm not entirely sure I want to buy. I know I'm perhaps overreacting to week one but I'm skeptical he's going to do as well as expected with Lloyd, Hernandez, Gronkowski, and Ridley. Unless the Patriots start putting up monster numbers like Yudkin predicted (which is entirely possible), I'm not sure how he's going to get his usual.

Thinking I may try to " sell high" and get some value from Roddy White while some people still think there's a question as to who the WR1 in ATL is. Sure does seem like Julio is the man now.Overreaction? If Bailey covers Julio next week, Roddy could put up big numbers, but too many more games where Julio get 100+/2 to White's 84/0, and his value is going to drop drastically.
I imagine Julio will get more defensive attention if he continues to play at his week 1 level. Nobody should have expected White to repeat last year's numbers as we knew he wasn't going to get the same number of targets. Still, I like him if folks are bailing. He'll do what every other wr does - have some mediocre weeks, some bad weeks, and some really good weeks. One mediocre week does nothing to change his value.
nobody should expect white to repeat 1300 and 8?? i sure do. nobody should have drafted the guy if they expected worse than that.

'Craig_MiamiFL said:
Will be next guy I throw to the waiver wire in 12-team league. No desire to keep him on roster. Not shown to be part of pass game. Not a goalline option.

I believe the workload gap really widens when Stewart returns (may be week or two before that happens)

I'm scanning the backup RB's on NFL teams for fantasy purposes and really Deangelo isn't real high on that list either.
I agree they'll run more. I think they'll split carries again as well (I see Stewart getting a bit larger share of those this year).Deangelo really wasn't worth holding in PPR last year. And I expect lesser stats this year. No 3rd down role. And he won't sniff the end zone unless he breaks a long one.

I really see no upside to Williams whatsoever.(Healthy Stewart or not) I'd rather roster no less than a dozen NFL backups [i could rattle them off but will spare the space here)

He's in that ugly late career between the 20's role (limited at that) with no passing game input. Only fantasy rostered at this point IMO due to his name.
I wouldn't roster Williams. What baffles me is why Carolina would pay both Stewart and Williams big money. They should have traded one of those RBs.

Peyton Hillis looks like a good buy-low candidate, I don't expect the Chiefs to be in a shootout in every game and I expect him to get more touches moving forward and he has some nice TD potential as the goal line back.

Torrey Smith didn't have a horrible performance, but I think everyone was expecting a bit more from him on a night when the Ravens offense was firing on all cylinders. He might be an even better buy-low candidate after this week with a tough matchup against the Eagles' corners.

It's usually difficult to sell high in most leagues after just one week, but a player like RG3 could definitely be a good candidate with all the hype he is getting right now. I own him and Ryan in one league, the only problem is that with QB's being so deep this year it's hard to find someone that's willing to overpay in a 12 team league.

I imagine Julio will get more defensive attention if he continues to play at his week 1 level. Nobody should have expected White to repeat last year's numbers as we knew he wasn't going to get the same number of targets. Still, I like him if folks are bailing. He'll do what every other wr does - have some mediocre weeks, some bad weeks, and some really good weeks. One mediocre week does nothing to change his value.
nobody should expect white to repeat 1300 and 8?? i sure do. nobody should have drafted the guy if they expected worse than that.
I don't expect him to lead the league in targets again. I expect a couple hundred yards fewer. Touchdowns are flukish.

I don't expect him to lead the league in targets again. I expect a couple hundred yards fewer. Touchdowns are flukish.
Yup, Roddy thrives on a large volume of targets. He lead the league last year and finished 3rd the year before. It's not coincidence those were his first 100+ reception seasons. If you drafted Roddy expecting similar numbers, you overvalued him.

My RBs were looking very weak on one team, with K.Smith as my RB2..

I traded..

K.Smith, Leshoure, Benson and Gates

for

Trich, Hillis, Quizz and Daniels

I'll be playing TE carousel with Daniels and Olsen from now on.

All in all this is the ultimate sell high, buy low. I hope it pans out.

Who's in favor of trading FOR Forte?

My thought is if *you have the bench, then he will at least be ready for the playoffs as a worst case scenario. Best case scenario he's back in 4 weeks.

Is this the kind of thing that would be slapped down by the Forte owner, or does the owner appreciate being reached out to if they have bupkis on their bench?

Last edited by a moderator:
My RBs were looking very weak on one team, with K.Smith as my RB2..I traded..K.Smith, Leshoure, Benson and GatesforTrich, Hillis, Quizz and DanielsI'll be playing TE carousel with Daniels and Olsen from now on.All in all this is the ultimate sell high, buy low. I hope it pans out.
Gates is probably the best player in that trade this year, so I don't like it for you much. Not sure TRich will be any better than Benson this year. Maybe Hillis will pan out.

My RBs were looking very weak on one team, with K.Smith as my RB2..I traded..K.Smith, Leshoure, Benson and GatesforTrich, Hillis, Quizz and DanielsI'll be playing TE carousel with Daniels and Olsen from now on.All in all this is the ultimate sell high, buy low. I hope it pans out.
Gates is probably the best player in that trade this year, so I don't like it for you much. Not sure TRich will be any better than Benson this year. Maybe Hillis will pan out.
I was waiting for a game like last night to happen for Benson. I consider it to be an aberration as GB was with-out Jennings, on a short week and hadn't rushed that many times in a year. It's too early to tell anything but my gut said to make this trade.

Who's in favor of trading FOR Forte?My thought is if *you have the bench, then he will at least be ready for the playoffs as a worst case scenario. Best case scenario he's back in 4 weeks.Is this the kind of thing that would be slapped down by the Forte owner, or does the owner appreciate being reached out to if they have bupkis on their bench?
I'd trade for Forte if I didn't already have him. Between his injury and the perception of Bush stealing carries, I think he represents a perfect buy low candidate.

I think Trich will be better than Benson.

Chris Johnson - He is not CJ2K anymore, if feel comfortable saying that. That said, I think he is an RB1. Buy.
Well, his value just dropped a lot lower for those interested. I'm still not seeing reasons for optimism but I'm going to kick the tires on this one. If I can get him for some crap I'll buy. Alfred Morris' value didn't jump a lot this week. He's clearly the man in Washington and I'd buy him in redrafts while there are still skeptics.

I threw out some offers with Morris, Steven Hill and Nate Washington, got a bite with Ryan Matthews. Feeling good about selling Morris high and getting Matthews low.

I threw out some offers with Morris, Steven Hill and Nate Washington, got a bite with Ryan Matthews. Feeling good about selling Morris high and getting Matthews low.
This post motivated me to dangle Morris out there to try and bring in Mathews. Started out with Morris and DHB. Am I being insulting?

I'm taking a shot at Kenny Britt as a buy low even though the Titans offense looks horrible. Offered Celek straight up since the other guy has Fleener as his starter and the offer was accepted.

I'll definitely be shooting some offers to the 0-2 teams in all of my leagues, IMO the best time to strike is right now(Sunday night) and Monday when some owners are panicking or frustrated.

'toppshelff said:
'cpd90 said:
'toppshelff said:
This post motivated me to dangle Morris out there to try and bring in Mathews. Started out with Morris and DHB. Am I being insulting?
Probably, but you never know. Chris Johnson or Fitz are other guys to target.
I have Fitz in this league, CJ in another (and don't want to have him in multiple leagues, I just don't trust him to make a comeback)I think I might toss out the same offer for Charles. His owner seems rattled, he has CJ4, Charles, Rodgers, Jennings, and Fred Jackson, so things aren't exactly going his way. After the 4pm games he posted "Pathetic" to the smack talk.

'Nucker101 said:
I'm taking a shot at Kenny Britt as a buy low even though the Titans offense looks horrible. Offered Celek straight up since the other guy has Fleener as his starter and the offer was accepted. I'll definitely be shooting some offers to the 0-2 teams in all of my leagues, IMO the best time to strike is right now(Sunday night) and Monday when some owners are panicking or frustrated.
Wow. As a Britt owner, I would have been borderline offended. Then again, I doubt you would have offered that if it were me since I have Finley and Rudolph at TE. No chance I'm selling Britt right now, I still have high expectations.

'toppshelff said:
'cpd90 said:
'toppshelff said:
Probably, but you never know. Chris Johnson or Fitz are other guys to target.
I have Fitz in this league, CJ in another (and don't want to have him in multiple leagues, I just don't trust him to make a comeback)I think I might toss out the same offer for Charles. His owner seems rattled, he has CJ4, Charles, Rodgers, Jennings, and Fred Jackson, so things aren't exactly going his way. After the 4pm games he posted "Pathetic" to the smack talk.
Go get em.

'Nucker101 said:
I'll definitely be shooting some offers to the 0-2 teams in all of my leagues, IMO the best time to strike is right now(Sunday night) and Monday when some owners are panicking or frustrated.
Agreed. Now is the time to buy.I'm dumping Fred Jackson for whatever I can get. Surely there's someone out there who still thinks he'll regain his stud status.

I think Trich will be better than Benson.
It appears you are correct, sir.

Buy low - Rodgers - I'm offering Vick or RG3 and a wr/rb to get him - we'll see what happens

Sell high - Hakeem Nicks - he's a stud but comes off the field limping every other play. 199 and a td I'm selling now to a receiver needy team and will try to get spiller (I know a longshot) or a combo of a lesser receiver and lesser back

Buy low - jamaal Charles - really not sure what to think of him right now - confused - thoughts?

now is the time to buy chris johnson
Why? How high of a price would you be willing to pay? I think his name value is higher than his actual value and he's not worth acquiring. I could be mistaken.
if i could get him for cheap (a 4th or 5th round pick) i wouldnt mind him sitting onmy bench til he starts producing.. if he does start producgin.. but that would be a chance id be willing to take... if you have plenty of recceivers.. offer somthn you never know

I'm targeting Colston as a buy-low right now. Colston owners might be freaking out about the NO offense and the TD's going to other players and not realize that Colston has come very close to scoring a TD in both games so far.

I'm targeting Colston as a buy-low right now. Colston owners might be freaking out about the NO offense and the TD's going to other players and not realize that Colston has come very close to scoring a TD in both games so far.
colston always starts slow for fantasy owners. this season would appear to be no different.

Just offered Eli/Fitz for Mathews/Flacco in the rare double buy high/low sell high/low maneuver. Have RG3 and value dictated that I started my draft Calvin-Julio-Fitz so my RB situation is sorely lacking in a feature back.

Users who are viewing this thread