What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low / Sell High (1 Viewer)

I don't think it will work but the VJax owner in one of my leagues needs a running back badly so I offered him Fred Jackson and Jordy Nelson. I realize it's underwhelming but he starts Ray Rice and CJ Spiller since he took a chance and drafted Daniel Thomas or Spiller as his second back (uh oh).

These are not "Buy Low" candidates after 1 game.Vincent JacksonJamaal CharlesChris JohnsonRashard Mendenhall Dwayne BoweNo one with any sense who paid a 1-3rd round pick for one of these guys is going to give up after 1 game...
:goodposting: I'd love to see what some of those listed above are getting offered from someone that thinks they're going to "buy low". :confused:

That reminds me - Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb (if you actually drafted him in a redraft) sell high. Too many targets in GB.

Posted in other threatd, didn't realized this existed.

Just wondering what people are looking at as good, quality buy lows. There were several high round picks that under preformed this week that I was looking at:

Manningham

Panicked Charles owners

Panicked CJ2k owners

Fitz

Deangelo

Harvin

Bowe

Mathews

Felix Jones

Dez

Panicked Gore owners

Panicked Mendenhall owners

With that in mind, who seems to have the best upside with the caveat of being relatively easier to get...i.e don't think anyone would be willing to give up Mendenhall, CJ2k, but maybe Bowe or Felix.

I'm thinking about selling High on Reggie Bush and targeting one of the above...thoughts?

Panicked Charles owner here. Anyone selling him? (Maybe for a Mendenhall, CJ2K or AJ/CJ) I'm thinking that without Weis the offense will be horrible all year long and now is the time to trade him before it gets worse.

I to am trying to sell Reggie Bush in a PPR league. I fear he will get injured soon, hence trying to move him. However, I also think other owners will think the same, which will make it difficult to sell at a high stock price.

Posted in other threatd, didn't realized this existed.Just wondering what people are looking at as good, quality buy lows. There were several high round picks that under preformed this week that I was looking at:ManninghamPanicked Charles ownersPanicked CJ2k ownersFitzDeangeloHarvinBoweMathewsFelix JonesDezPanicked Gore ownersPanicked Mendenhall ownersWith that in mind, who seems to have the best upside with the caveat of being relatively easier to get...i.e don't think anyone would be willing to give up Mendenhall, CJ2k, but maybe Bowe or Felix. I'm thinking about selling High on Reggie Bush and targeting one of the above...thoughts?

Panicked Charles owner here. Anyone selling him? (Maybe for a Mendenhall, CJ2K or AJ/CJ) I'm thinking that without Weis the offense will be horrible all year long and now is the time to trade him before it gets worse.
Now is not the time to sell Charles.or Mendhall or CJ2 for that matter.

I doubt any Mendenhall owner sells him. On the road vs. Baltimore was the hardest game on the schedule for him. Knew we would have to take our lumps in that one. Gravy schedule should all be downhill from here. I know I won't sell him.

That reminds me - Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb (if you actually drafted him in a redraft) sell high. Too many targets in GB.
Not sure about Jordy Nelson......he definitely looks like the 2A-2B option with Finley, behind Jennings. Can't see how Nelson doesn't continue to get a nice piece of that pie. Should be a decent #2WR going forward. Should end up with something like 72-1000-7 stats. That said, we now have a great opportunity to use Nelson in a 2-1 type deal and get an elite player.

I doubt any Mendenhall owner sells him. On the road vs. Baltimore was the hardest game on the schedule for him. Knew we would have to take our lumps in that one. Gravy schedule should all be downhill from here. I know I won't sell him.
:goodposting: PIT sched the rest of the waySEA, @IND, @HOU, TEN, JAX, @AZ, NE, BAL, @CIN, Bye, @KC, CIN, CLE, @SF, STL, @ CLEMendenhall should be huge the rest of the way. Mendenhall actually got off to a good start against BAL, had about 40 yards for a quarter and a half, then once PIT turned the ball over 3-4 times, the rout was on and Mendenhall had no chance.

These are not "Buy Low" candidates after 1 game.Vincent JacksonJamaal CharlesChris JohnsonRashard Mendenhall Dwayne BoweNo one with any sense who paid a 1-3rd round pick for one of these guys is going to give up after 1 game...
I think you overestimate the competition.
I just swapped Wayne for VJax. I think I got better talent on a better team. He thinks he got a guy who will be leaned on heavily (on a team playing from behind) for a guy who is in an offense that spreads it around too much. We'll see.

Bilal Powell might be a buy-low right now.
I tend to agree with this. He was inactive Sunday, but Greene looked his usual self (not good).
He's owned in 1% of CBS leagues right now. While he may have a shot at some point this season, he has 3 guys to get through first. Even if Greene underperforms, the team has to give McKnight a shot to attempt to redeem themselves after letting Woodhead go to the Pats. Thinking back to Greene's rookie year, it wasn't until the stretch run that he really started to get carries and had fresh legs for the playoff run (until he decided to stand on the sidelines for the second half of the AFC Championship game). I could see them taking the same tack with Powell, meaning you can probably wait a while to get this guy. Seems like a perfect add during week 8, when they have a bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
'kimbosliced said:
Posted in other threatd, didn't realized this existed.Just wondering what people are looking at as good, quality buy lows. There were several high round picks that under preformed this week that I was looking at:ManninghamPanicked Charles ownersPanicked CJ2k ownersFitzDeangeloHarvinBoweMathewsFelix JonesDezPanicked Gore ownersPanicked Mendenhall ownersWith that in mind, who seems to have the best upside with the caveat of being relatively easier to get...i.e don't think anyone would be willing to give up Mendenhall, CJ2k, but maybe Bowe or Felix.
Think Felix owners are very satisfied how Felix performed against one of the top D's in the league.

'kimbosliced said:
Posted in other threatd, didn't realized this existed.Just wondering what people are looking at as good, quality buy lows. There were several high round picks that under preformed this week that I was looking at:ManninghamPanicked Charles ownersPanicked CJ2k ownersFitzDeangeloHarvinBoweMathewsFelix JonesDezPanicked Gore ownersPanicked Mendenhall ownersWith that in mind, who seems to have the best upside with the caveat of being relatively easier to get...i.e don't think anyone would be willing to give up Mendenhall, CJ2k, but maybe Bowe or Felix.
Think Felix owners are very satisfied how Felix performed against one of the top D's in the league.
I was just coming to post this. I somehow got Felix in both of my main leagues as RB2...almost benche dhim due to the matchup, but was quite happy that I didn't. Why the hell would be be a buy low? Sure he is a buy, but not because he is low.

I'm shopping Smith for a top 15 WR. Made many offers and am contemplating several tasty counteroffers throughout all the leagues I have him in. I am slightly nervous because Cam went after him at all circumstances.
I am in this boat too and it is tough to decide. I was offered Colston for him yesterday (easy reject), but then he shot back "Well how about for Your Steve Smith for my Dwayne Bowe"? I have not responded yet, but am intrigued.......... Not sure I would get that much from anyone else, since the owner that made the offer owns Newton as well.............

I'm shopping Smith for a top 15 WR. Made many offers and am contemplating several tasty counteroffers throughout all the leagues I have him in. I am slightly nervous because Cam went after him at all circumstances.
I am in this boat too and it is tough to decide. I was offered Colston for him yesterday (easy reject), but then he shot back "Well how about for Your Steve Smith for my Dwayne Bowe"? I have not responded yet, but am intrigued.......... Not sure I would get that much from anyone else, since the owner that made the offer owns Newton as well.............
I think skill players from KC as a whole are players to avoid. Just a bad vibe from their whole situation.

I never understood the whole same position for position trade? Just reeks of buying low/selling high when someone sends that type of offer to me. As a matter of fact I dont think Ive ever traded 1 for 1 of the same position.

Buy Bowe and sell Steve Smith--that's the definition of buy low and sell high. Smith will not always go uncovered for a long pass and Cam will not always be so successful. Bowe is likely to do much better than he did in week 1.

I never understood the whole same position for position trade? Just reeks of buying low/selling high when someone sends that type of offer to me. As a matter of fact I dont think Ive ever traded 1 for 1 of the same position.
Different people value players differently. Someone just traded Hightower to Blount straight up today in one of my redrafts. Seems pretty fair - obviously the guy getting Blount thinks he'll rebound and the guy who got Hightower thinks he'll keep the starting gig all season.

'gonzobill5 said:
I think you overestimate the competition.
I just swapped Wayne for VJax. I think I got better talent on a better team. He thinks he got a guy who will be leaned on heavily (on a team playing from behind) for a guy who is in an offense that spreads it around too much. We'll see.
That's an interesting one assuming its PPR. I would guess I'm very much in the minority, but I'd personally prefer Wayne. Even without Manning, he looks like a safe bet for 80 or 90 catches.If you go back to last year, VJax has had one good game and 5 stinkers where he scored in single digits since 2009. It would be easier to brush off the concerns over last season's struggles and him only having 3 targets in week 1 if he had a better track record in PPR, but he's only caught 60 balls in a season 1 time and he's almost 29.

Just sold Steve Smith car and Henne for Matt Ryan. 6pt all td .5ppr 12man 3wr 2rb flex league. I drafted Manning and Bradford so feeling pretty good about it. Gogo sell highs!

So the judgement of your opponent is superior to yours?

'Judge Smails said:
I just traded Steve Smith and Joseph Addai for Mendenhall.

'Judge Smails said:
Wow. That's just terrible.

'howo5 said:
you're probably right about that..Although Charles rushed for a high ypc avg last week, Kc had trouble sustaining drives, and their defense was sooo bad that the offense couldn't get back on the field enough. Chiefs' time of possession was just 22:58...that's a mere 5.6 per quarter average. I think that trend continues and now they go to Detroit to get slapped around by the new kids on the block..I'd sell Charles while others still think your having a knee-jerk reaction, as opposed to after this week 2 matchup,where Charles' value will have dropped significantly if things go the way Vegas thinks it will ( Det -8.5, 45 o/u)..just imagine: Detroit is giving 8.5 pts?!?! :crazy:

If I drafted Benson, which I definitely did not, then I'd be all about selling him for whatever I could get. He had 24 carries @ 3.4 ypc before that last run-out-the-clock run that Cleveland laid down for and resulted in a 39 yd TD. He ended the game with a very respectable 25 caries for 121/1 @ 4.8 ypc. This may be your last chance to get anything for a guy who put up an amazing 16 games worth of 3.5 ypc last year.
Assuming he gets 25 carries per game and scores a TD, I'll take that from my RB2/3.
Call me crazy, but I'm going to take the under on 400 carries and 16 TDs.You must have missed the point of the post. That 39 yd TD was a fluke. Others should try to sell him now to people who think like you (i.e., season = 16 x week 1).

'Judge Smails said:
Wow. That's just terrible.
Not if you are gettting Mendenhall.

If I drafted Benson, which I definitely did not, then I'd be all about selling him for whatever I could get. He had 24 carries @ 3.4 ypc before that last run-out-the-clock run that Cleveland laid down for and resulted in a 39 yd TD. He ended the game with a very respectable 25 caries for 121/1 @ 4.8 ypc. This may be your last chance to get anything for a guy who put up an amazing 16 games worth of 3.5 ypc last year.
Assuming he gets 25 carries per game and scores a TD, I'll take that from my RB2/3.
Call me crazy, but I'm going to take the under on 400 carries and 16 TDs.You must have missed the point of the post. That 39 yd TD was a fluke. Others should try to sell him now to people who think like you (i.e., season = 16 x week 1).
I'd still lean towards keeping him as a RB2/3 for now. The reason I drafted him as that was for his schedule. That hasn't changed.@DenverSFBuffalo@JAXINDYbye@SEA@TENNPlenty of opportunity for him to be servicable and increase value over his next 7 games. 2nd half of the schedule is a grind, and because of that he's not going to win anyone championships. I say hold, let value increase and hope someone gets desperate at RB due to injuries around week 4 or 5

I've got a guy interested in taking Newton off my hands, but he wanted to give Hardesty & Tebow. I'd rather hold & see what happens.

He also wants MJD (PPR league) so I am trying to work out a deal to get Calvin Johnson sent to me in it. I don't think he will do it, but I offered Newton, Jenkins & MJD for Calvin, Mendy & Hardesty.

I think Ingram is a buy low right now. I'm trading Beanie Wells for him in a tough league.
interesting...don't know if I'd do that. More mouths in NO and he won't get as many touches. I really like Wells schedule and he'll get a ton of touches.

Call me crazy, but I'm going to take the under on 400 carries and 16 TDs.
:lmao: :goodposting:

I've got a guy interested in taking Newton off my hands, but he wanted to give Hardesty & Tebow. I'd rather hold & see what happens.

He also wants MJD (PPR league) so I am trying to work out a deal to get Calvin Johnson sent to me in it. I don't think he will do it, but I offered Newton, Jenkins & MJD for Calvin, Mendy & Hardesty.
Horrible offer on your end. You should feel shame.

I would be insulted if I received an offer like that.

Would you guys give up for Bowe as a buy low? Is Tate to the Foster owner too high a price to pay if you have good runningback depth but issues at WR?

Would you guys give up for Bowe as a buy low? Is Tate to the Foster owner too high a price to pay if you have good runningback depth but issues at WR?
Personally, I would not even contemplate trading Bowe for Ben Tate for more than .5 seconds. He is a backup RB, backing up the NFL's leading rusher from last year, who practiced fully today. If you can get Bowe for Tate, you HAVE to make that trade, and then pour a glass of champagne to celebrate it.

'Chaka said:
'todisco1 said:

I wouldn't feel insulted, but I'd stop taking you seriously.

Personally, I would not even contemplate trading Bowe for Ben Tate for more than .5 seconds. He is a backup RB, backing up the NFL's leading rusher from last year, who practiced fully today. If you can get Bowe for Tate, you HAVE to make that trade, and then pour a glass of champagne to celebrate it.
If someone traded Bowe for Tate in an of my leagues I would be fuming. May as well trade Big Ben for Shaun Hill.

Not sure if this is exactly a buy low/sell high since i had to package a player i traded Tolbert/Gates for Mendenhall/Fred Davis. He was big on Tolberts career performance. I have Gronkowski on my bench who will now be my TE1.

'Chaka said:
'todisco1 said:

I wouldn't feel insulted, but I'd stop taking you seriously.
I recommend punching him in the mouth first and then stop taking him seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread