What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

bye's in week 11 and not 10? (1 Viewer)

Toomuchnv

Footballguy
Was just wondering what the NFL's reasoning was behind this...aren't all the bye's normally knocked out in consecutive weeks? As commissioner of my league I usually schedule the 6 divisional matchups during the weeks with no bye's. Those were usually weeks 1,2,3,11,12, and 13....it was a simple fix as I swapped the week 10 and 11 matchups. I was just curious if there was any logic to this by the NFL or was it just random?

We questioned this at our draft.. The only thing we could come up with is Week 10 is the first Thursday night game and they wanted all teams eligible to play :shrug:

I recall reading that had something to do with the lockout and possibly having to cancel and reschedule games. I remember that weeks 2 and 4 didn't have any divisional matchups and they could reschedule weeks 1 and 3 during bye weeks. I don't quite remember all the details though - I think there are some TV considerations in there.

I recall reading that had something to do with the lockout and possibly having to cancel and reschedule games. I remember that weeks 2 and 4 didn't have any divisional matchups and they could reschedule weeks 1 and 3 during bye weeks. I don't quite remember all the details though - I think there are some TV considerations in there.
This

Users who are viewing this thread