What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Call your shots (1 Viewer)

-OZ-

Footballguy
Two questions. That’s it. 
1.  If you had to bet the house on one pick, one team taking that player at that selection; who takes whom where? 

2. Within reason, what player do you most want selected by a team other than “yours”? 

For me:

1. Hutch to Detroit. Makes too much sense. Only way it doesn’t happen is if Jax takes him. 

2. Jameson Williams to Atlanta. I mean I’d prefer if he went to Tennessee but that won’t happen. I think Williams is perfect for them and while I’ll cheer for MM, I think they get the 1 or 2 next year. That will make a nice combo along with Pitts. 

Two questions. That’s it. 
1.  If you had to bet the house on one pick, one team taking that player at that selection; who takes whom where? 

2. Within reason, what player do you most want selected by a team other than “yours”? 
1. This year is very tough but I’ll go with New York Giants taking Evan Neal.

2. Since I have the 1.01, I’ll go with Breece Hall in Buffalo.

For me:

1. Hutch to Detroit. Makes too much sense. Only way it doesn’t happen is if Jax takes him. 

2. Jameson Williams to Atlanta. I mean I’d prefer if he went to Tennessee but that won’t happen. I think Williams is perfect for them and while I’ll cheer for MM, I think they get the 1 or 2 next year. That will make a nice combo along with Pitts. 

Oddly enough I was pondering your question and was going to answer with:

1. It's says something that I don't have a single pick I feel bet the house confident on and was also thinking Hutchinson to Detroit but fact we got to caveat that with if JAX does not take him is again telling. I feel like the Giants are going to take Cross or Neal so tempted but I don't know which one, though I lean Cross. So man I don't know, Cross to Giants, Davis to Ravens and Malik to the Steelers all feel solid bets to me but if my life depended on getting his answer right I'd have to give same answer as you.

2. And the player I most want to see go someplace is in fact Jameson Williams but to Philadelphia and purely for my selfish fantasy reasons. I own a few shares of Devonta, Goedert and Hurts. To me Jameson is the kind of WR who opens up the field for others while not taking out a huge chunk of volume. He'll make life better for Devonta, Goedert and Hurts.

1.'Sauce' Gardner to Houston #3, I will not bet my house on the pick, but it makes way too much sense. 

2. I want a good WR in GB, how I am dreaming about London Drake, GB needs to move up most likely. 

The only reason I didn’t go with this is because I think he goes to Jax.
Yeah it's silly season and all the mockers have gotten bored.

Its Jacksonville though so passing on the best player becomes plausible.

As for Oz questions I really dont know. This draft seems more uncertain than most have been and all it takes is one surprise early on in the draft to throw a wrench in every pick that follows.

I think that makes it more fun than usual and I'm not really trying to predict anything. Just excited to see how it plays out.

#17 la chargers select a LB. Any LB.

Then the chargers get knocked out of playoff contention because they can't protect their franchise QB. 

Wait, were you asking about 2022? Or 2020? Or 2018? Or 2015? Or 2014? Or 2013? Or 2011? Or 2010? Or 2009? 

A quarterback to Carolina. Willis or Pickett.

I'll go with Willis.
This is the dumbest thing the Panthers could possibly do.  That is how I know you are right.

I’d bet the house we have to suffer through yet another decade of a RB trying to play QB. 🤦‍♂️🥲

…but seriously, if their front office contains a brain, they will pick Neal, Ikwonu, or Cross. 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
A quarterback to Carolina. Willis or Pickett.

I'll go with Willis.
PLEASE NO!  

But I agree, QB to Carolina...  I only hope they trade down a few slots to get it done.... 

My "wager"?  Gardner to Hou at #3 is the safest bet. 

I still think Jax takes OT (NCSU Ekwonu??) 1.01 to protect Trevor.  How many sacks did he have last season?  48?  

Steelers want QB Willis but won't give up what it takes to move up and get him, they end up taking QB Desmond Ridder at 20.

Breece Hall to the Bills, I don't care what round.  Good luck defending that team with a stud RB.

Birdie048 said:
PLEASE NO!  

But I agree, QB to Carolina...  I only hope they trade down a few slots to get it done.... 

My "wager"?  Gardner to Hou at #3 is the safest bet. 

I still think Jax takes OT (NCSU Ekwonu??) 1.01 to protect Trevor.  How many sacks did he have last season?  48?  

Not a huge reach, but I don't think any of the defensive players go number one. I think Jax goes with a OT.
Agreed on OT for Trevor. He has to be better than last year, that’s much more likely if he has a little more time. Which is why I think hutch to Detroit is the best bet. 

1) Seems like Travon Walker to the Jags is just about a done deal at this point.

2) As fantasy football player this is far and away Breece Hall to the Bills.

2) As fantasy football player this is far and away Breece Hall to the Bills.
Yep. Unless of course your league is big on WR (2 of mine definitely value them higher than RB) or SF. with SF, we’re hoping Willis goes to a competent coach. 

Those of you saying Gardner at three do you not believe then that thibodeaux goes top three?

Random...

Carolina takes Neal as they don't want to appear stupid taking a QB.

Giants first 2 picks are smart and conservative for the same reason.

One of the Jets' first 2 picks is an insane reach.

Pats move up 4 to make sure they get Lloyd, top 5 RB in round 2 or 3, secondary in mid rounds and flyer wrs and oline in late rounds.

Steelers take Malik at 16.

Lions QB at 31 (not 2).

At least one of Baker Mayfield or JimmyG is involved in some crazy mid-draft trade.

Goodell gets boo'ed.  :shock:

Both networks go to commercial for the entire time the Bengals are on the clock at 31....and 63...and 95...and....

-QG

1. Steelers take the hometown boy Pickett. 

2. Breece to Buffalo

I'm not 100% convinced that the Bills is a perfect landing spot for Breece.  But as the 1.01 holder in one league, I'd rather him land in a "good enough" spot like Buffalo than a potentially weird one like Seattle, a crowded one like Tampa, or mired in a crap offense like Houston. 

Round 2: 

Malik Willis to the Vikings

Raimann to the Titans 

edit - both are wants, not predictions

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread