What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can keep 2 of 3 (1 Viewer)

Foster335

Footballguy
16 team league

6 point TD passes / -3 point INT

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

2 W/R/T

Can keep:

Abdullah Rd 4

Terrance West Rd 6

Jameis Winston Rd 7

Now something that I do like to consider is that I can keep the player 2 rounds higher each year - so next year it would be Abdullah 2nd, west 4th, Winston 5th, for example. 

I'm pretty locked in on Jameis because I'm a big fan of what TB is capable of this year, and of course with the 6 pt touchdowns the QBs score so much in our league - and you also are sometimes going against teams who are starting total scrubs at the QB position, so it really helps build some advantage. 

I've been leaning Abdullah over West, but with Dixon out I am being given some pause. 

I like Abdullah more because I really just believe his talent level is that much higher than West's. When I look at Abdullah, I see someone who could potentially still be a value being kept in the second round next year, even though I personally don't like to do that.

The Baltimore situation is closer to one where I could see an unknown kind of coming out and taking over the role. I just don't really believe West is going to be a season long fantasy contributor. Still, the value is there and that makes it a bit more compelling. 

Any advice or comments are appreciated

Thanks very much.

do you have any later round picks where u could get more value? I'd also go Abdullah over west, simply because of upside of the offense.

Thanks for your input

I unfortunately do not have any better keepers here, but I would say my options this season are above average for this league. 

Winston and Abdullah are the easy choices here.  Abdullah has much more upside than West and I don't think the floor is much worse.

What other options do you have? Do you have to keep 2 guys?

I'd prefer not to keep either RB at those prices. Winston is a solid keeper though. 

What other options do you have? Do you have to keep 2 guys?

I'd prefer not to keep either RB at those prices. Winston is a solid keeper though. 
I don't have to keep anyone. In a 16 teamer though, Abdullah in the fourth is OK but certainly not a steal. 

EDIT: In my opinion of course. I didn't mean for that to sound terse. Thanks for your input, but I do feel like Abdullah is OK to keep there, but definitely not a slam dunk or anything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have to keep anyone. In a 16 teamer though, Abdullah in the fourth is OK but certainly not a steal. 

EDIT: In my opinion of course. I didn't mean for that to sound terse. Thanks for your input, but I do feel like Abdullah is OK to keep there, but definitely not a slam dunk or anything. 
No problems, opinions are all we have. I think that is about 2 rounds higher than I'd go for Abdullah. I mean, he's on a passing team, and doesn't play 3rd downs and may or may not get short yardage work. Round 4 feels like his absolute ceiling, though he is still a better value than West. 

You really don't have any better options?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread