What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can you negotiate with DirecTV? (1 Viewer)

Just an fyi for those looking to reduce their DTV bill

I bought a few of these http://www.amazon.com/Splitter-compatible-swither-XBOX360-Blu-ray/dp/B0088HP93A/ref=sr_1_11?s=audio-video-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1408372826&sr=1-11&keywords=hdmi+splitter

Reduced my house from 9 boxes to 5, they work surprisingly well, no signal loss from what I can tell.
how large is your house that you need 9 boxes? just curious
It's not a large house at all...I have 5 TV's setup in my basement for sports, I use those tv's on saturdays/sundays and only during football season. It was a waste to have a dedicated receiver for each TV.

I bought a few of these http://www.amazon.com/Splitter-compatible-swither-XBOX360-Blu-ray/dp/B0088HP93A/ref=sr_1_11?s=audio-video-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1408372826&sr=1-11&keywords=hdmi+splitter

Reduced my house from 9 boxes to 5, they work surprisingly well, no signal loss from what I can tell.
It's not a large house at all...I have 5 TV's setup in my basement for sports, I use those tv's on saturdays/sundays and only during football season. It was a waste to have a dedicated receiver for each TV.
im jealous

well done

Having a tough time this year. Apparently my account is "capped" on discounts due to a $550 credit in April.

Working my way through the channels, but they are saying they cannot give me anything at ALL.

Hoping to get the cap lifted since the credit was their way of fixing their screw up, but definitely not the slam dunk 10 minute process I've had in years past.

Having a tough time this year. Apparently my account is "capped" on discounts due to a $550 credit in April.

Working my way through the channels, but they are saying they cannot give me anything at ALL.

Hoping to get the cap lifted since the credit was their way of fixing their screw up, but definitely not the slam dunk 10 minute process I've had in years past.
I was really surprised with their inability to give better credits this year. I usually have been in the 80/mth range (no premium channels) and the ticket. I couldn't get under 100/mth even if I didn't get the ticket. I wonder if it has anything to do with the buyout by at&t this year?

So you go wall to this box, then the two coax cables coming out to two different DTV boxes?

So you go wall to this box, then the two coax cables coming out to two different DTV boxes?
hdmi to 2x hdmi

Nope..coax to dtv box, hdmi out of dtv box into this bad boy and 2 hdmi come out. Both tv's will have the same programming.

So you can have different feeds on the different TVs with this splitter? How?

Nope..coax to dtv box, hdmi out of dtv box into this bad boy and 2 hdmi come out. Both tv's will have the same programming.
Ah - so you can't use this to essentially cut out the need for having an Direct TV box for each TV that you want to show different programming, right?

Kind of defeats the purpose of multiple TVs, no?

I was really surprised with their inability to give better credits this year. I usually have been in the 80/mth range (no premium channels) and the ticket. I couldn't get under 100/mth even if I didn't get the ticket. I wonder if it has anything to do with the buyout by at&t this year?
Don't think it is the writing on the wall, but I guess we can't be sure. I have had this happen once before.

I usually have handled it by making sure I'm only have a once a year conversation to beat them up on pricing. This year I had to hammer out a deal to move in Jan, which would not have been a problem. However, they couldn't do the install then due to snow on my high/steep roof, and said to call back & get it done when the snow melted. By the time April came around, their promotions had changed and in order for them to honor our original agreement, they processed it by charging me full boat for everything & crediting it back.

My request to lift the flag has been "escalated", but it is taking time. Will let y'all know the resolution once I know.

I ended up having a really tough time this year getting anything out of them. Background is that a few months ago I moved in with boyfriend and managed to talk them into merging our accounts by telling them we were getting married so even though we cancelled one account we didn't have to pay the early termination fee. (Both of us had just over a year left on contract..would have been $240 or $260 to cancel.) Anyway I was happy with that but it ended up screwing us every time I called in for a discount. I did 2 or 3 chats and spoke to 3 or 4 different people on the phone including 2 or 3 with PIN numbers. Anyway they weren't budging on anything. Current bill is $135 for one Genie and 3 Genie clients with Choice package I think..no movie channels. They assured me before we merged accounts that we wouldn't lose any tenure of loyalty discounts but that was exactly what happened. Every time I spoke with someone they claimed that we had only been customers since June 2014. (I have been customer since at least 2006 and my BF since 2008) We were both so fed up with them that we were honestly ready to drop them all together and just pay the cancellation fee and no one cared at all (spoke with retention every time) However it would have been really hard to do this now since I'm living in Minnesota and need the ticket to get my Chiefs games..I like RZ but really still wanted the ticket. We we couldn't even get a $10 HD discount. One time was offered $5 off month for 12 months and one other time offered free Showtime for 2 months! LOL Anyway finally after speaking with another guy in retention who still said we were eligible for NOTHING we asked to speak with a supervisor to express our displeasure with the entire situation once again. This time transferred I believe out of retention to someone who was a supervisor but not an account supervisor whatever that means. He looked up my old account as well and wasn't able to offer anything until we mentioned that we had wanted to add some movie channels and possible Sunday Ticket but everything was just too expensive and we were not getting what we were promised. That triggered something and then he started spewing out deals. By upgrading to Ultimate package he was able to offer STMaxx for $49.99 and we're getting free HBO, Showtime and Cinemax I believe for 3 months. It wasn't completely clear if its 3 payments of $49.99 or just one but at this point we didn't care because we probably would have ended up paying full price anyway. Well we happily took whatever he was offering. (Which he did say included 1 year service agreement but he said it's not on top of our current contract which isn't up until Sept 2015 anyway so basically it doesn't matter) Bottom line is our current bill for the month dropped from $135 to $27.80 and we now have those movie channels and STMaxx so even though it wasn't easy I'm happy with it! This is what the credits he put in look like.

08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 HBO, SHOWTIME, and CINEMAX - 3mo$0Pick3NFL14 ($40.00) ($2.75) 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 ULTIMATE - 3mosBasePkgCrdt ($52.00) ($3.58) 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 ULTIMATE - Billing Correction ($25.00) ($1.72) 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 Advanced Receiver-HD - Billing Correction ($75.00) ($5.16) 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 The Movie Channel HD East - Charge $0.00 $0.00 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 Encore East HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2014 HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 ENCORE Themes HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 Advanced Receiver-HD - Disconnect Adj ($8.67) ($0.60) 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 Advanced Receiver-HD - Charge $8.67 $0.60 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 XTRA - Disconnect Adj ($64.12) ($4.41) 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 NFL SUNDAY TICKET - Charge $0.00 $0.00 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2014 - Charge $49.99 $3.44 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 HBO, SHOWTIME, and CINEMAX - Charge $34.67 $2.38 08/17/2014 XXXXXXXX4139 ULTIMATE - Charge $71.06 $4.89

tommyGunZ said:
lumpy19 said:
derek245583 said:

Ah - so you can't use this to essentially cut out the need for having an Direct TV box for each TV that you want to show different programming, right?

Kind of defeats the purpose of multiple TVs, no?
I am confused too

Did the chat and was offered $5/month for 12 months. Got the phone number and PIN as mentioned above. Told them I was comparing Dish and what I currently had and was looking to get RedZone and lower my bill. Ended up getting Redzone for free, $100 gift card and lowered my bill $45/month for 12 months. It did require a 12 month agreement but I hadn't planned on leaving anyway. Had the option of free ST but would've had to pay for ST MAX to get RedZone and I would rather just have the RedZone. Never threaten to leave. Easiest call ever.

My first call to retention a couple of days ago only resulted in an offer of a $100 gift card and $5/month. Told them I'd think about it and called back today and told them to cancel my service.This time they offered $20/month and free Ticket with a 1 yr. agreement. I told her if they would give me Max I'd stay and she wouldn't budge. I again said I'd have to think about it. I should probably be happy with what I'm getting since I've been with them since '07 and have always either ended up with the free Ticket or more than enough discounts to offset the Ticket price. Still, I could switch to Comcast for 24 months and get the same programming package, Red Zone Channel, and much faster internet for $10/month more than what I'm paying directv and then I wouldn't have to worry about next year's haggling. Tough call.

Made the call yesterday after all of my previous credits dropped off. Been a subscriber for 9 years and currently not under contract. Cool operator named Ryan. Told him Time Warner was offering me a free Dell 2 in 1 and a bundled internet/tv package for around $100/mo. Told him the only reason I stuck with DTV was because of Sunday Ticket but I could get by with Time Warners Redzone.

Result:

Free Sunday Ticket Max

$100 Visa gift card

$35 off/mo for 12 months (pretty much the same credits that just rolled off)

Genie Upgrade and additional mini genie for my kids room

4 months free Showtime

Had to do a 2 year contract for the Genie but my old equipment was crap and this gets me on demand and all the Genie features.

All in all, I'm happy with the result.

Made the call yesterday after all of my previous credits dropped off. Been a subscriber for 9 years and currently not under contract. Cool operator named Ryan. Told him Time Warner was offering me a free Dell 2 in 1 and a bundled internet/tv package for around $100/mo. Told him the only reason I stuck with DTV was because of Sunday Ticket but I could get by with Time Warners Redzone.

Result:

Free Sunday Ticket Max

$100 Visa gift card

$35 off/mo for 12 months (pretty much the same credits that just rolled off)

Genie Upgrade and additional mini genie for my kids room

4 months free Showtime

Had to do a 2 year contract for the Genie but my old equipment was crap and this gets me on demand and all the Genie features.

All in all, I'm happy with the result.
Genie is pretty sweet. I think you'll like this. It's a little thing (literally and figuratively), but the remotes on the new ones are way better than previous gen.

Tried one last time and ended up with Free regular Ticket, $100 gift card to offset my cost for the Red Zone Channel and $25/month for 1 year with a 1 year agreement. I'll take it.

OK....what did I do wrong here? I just want Red Zone --

CHAT WITH DIRECTTV

Hi, my name is Chris W (ID 440320). How are you today?
STEEL CURTAIN : Hello.
STEEL CURTAIN : I want to see how long my contract is and what the termination fee would be?
Chris W (ID 440320): Ok, give me one moment to bring up your account.
Chris W (ID 440320): May I ask why you want to cancel the account?
STEEL CURTAIN : The Sunday Ticket is really expensive and it appears I can't get the red zone channel on its own.
STEEL CURTAIN : So, I'm seeing what my options are.
Chris W (ID 440320): Ok, I wish we could offer that service by itself. Give me one more moment to get the other information for you. Thank you for your patience.
Chris W (ID 440320): The agreement ends on 3/19/15 and the early cancellation fee is $20 for each month left in the agreement. Since there are currently 6 months left the fee would be $120.00.
STEEL CURTAIN : Ok.....thank you.
STEEL CURTAIN : To cancel, am I able to send an email once I have a decision made?
Chris W (ID 440320): No, you will have to call us to cancel the account. We are not able to cancel the account via email.
STEEL CURTAIN : Once the cancellation is decided, how quickly can it happen? Is it immediate? Or is it scheduled out.
STEEL CURTAIN : I obviously want to make sure I get the other service decided on and set up before I cancel directTV
Chris W (ID 440320): We can cancel the account that day or schedule it out if you prefer.
STEEL CURTAIN : Ok. Thank you. Its too bad the Sunday Ticket Red Zone piece is so expensive and not a stand alone. I know its your business model, but it really makes it cost prohibitive compared to other providers.
Chris W (ID 440320): I understand and will send up your suggestion to see what we can do to make the service more flexible.
STEEL CURTAIN : Ok thank you.
STEEL CURTAIN : When I decide to cancel, I just call the regular 800 number, correct?
Chris W (ID 440320): Yes, they will be able to assist you.
STEEL CURTAIN : Ok. Thanks. Have a good day.
Chris W (ID 440320): You too.
'STEEL CURTAIN' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').

CHAT WITH DIRECTTV

STEEL CURTAIN : I want to see how long my contract is and what the termination fee would be?

STEEL CURTAIN : The Sunday Ticket is really expensive and it appears I can't get the red zone channel on its own.

Chris W (ID 440320): Ok, I wish we could offer that service by itself. Give me one more moment to get the other information for you. Thank you for your patience.

Chris W (ID 440320): The agreement ends on 3/19/15 and the early cancellation fee is $20 for each month left in the agreement. Since there are currently 6 months left the fee would be $120.00.

STEEL CURTAIN : To cancel, am I able to send an email once I have a decision made?

Chris W (ID 440320): No, you will have to call us to cancel the account. We are not able to cancel the account via email.

STEEL CURTAIN : Once the cancellation is decided, how quickly can it happen? Is it immediate? Or is it scheduled out.

STEEL CURTAIN : I obviously want to make sure I get the other service decided on and set up before I cancel directTV

Chris W (ID 440320): We can cancel the account that day or schedule it out if you prefer.

STEEL CURTAIN : Ok. Thank you. Its too bad the Sunday Ticket Red Zone piece is so expensive and not a stand alone. I know its your business model, but it really makes it cost prohibitive compared to other providers.

Chris W (ID 440320): I understand and will send up your suggestion to see what we can do to make the service more flexible.

STEEL CURTAIN : When I decide to cancel, I just call the regular 800 number, correct?

You didn't call

CHAT WITH DIRECTTV

You didn't call
Or ask for anything.

My chat was almost identical to yours....

Until this point. I mean almost word for word (and honestly, I think the contract time is identical).

However, at that point, I told the girl that I was looking at Comcast and their triple play option that was less than half of what I am paying now, and I can add the RedZone channel, get some movie channels for free and get the $100 gift card so I am trying to take a look at the numbers from that perspective. She said she would see if there was anything she could do for me. 10 seconds later she writes that I can have $10 off a month and free HBO or Showtime for 3 months. I said I appreciate that very much but I didn't call to talk you guys into offering me anything I just wanted to know the numbers and the last thing I want to do is extend my contract.

She then said there would be no new contract, and that she appreciated my honesty and said she would talk to a manager but in the meantime did she want me to update the account with that stuff now. I told her I guess but again, I don't want to accept that and then still cancel next week if I decide the numbers don't work. She said it would not be a problem and that I should pick HBO or Showtime so she could do the update while we were talking. From there I asked her which one she would choose because I really didn't care. We went back and forth talking about her favorite shows for a few minutes, I told her give me HBO and then asked if she was still waiting for her manager. She said she got permission to add the RedZone free of charge.

Took it and ran because Red Zone is all I wanted. I can't watch all the games anyway with the kids so the Red Zone is all I want - even if I get the ticket for free I'd never use it. Thanked her for her time and asked her if I could complete a survey for her.

Easiest negotiation I've ever had. I guess it really does depend on the people you get.

Seems like offers are all over the board. I wonder what people are paying per month to date and if that influences the deal they get now. For me, I pay $85/mo for 3 TV's and I got Sunday Ticket MAX at half price.

Seems like offers are all over the board. I wonder what people are paying per month to date and if that influences the deal they get now. For me, I pay $85/mo for 3 TV's and I got Sunday Ticket MAX at half price.
Breaking out my DTV bill from the package it is in it costs about 110 a month. So with the deal it is 100 a month. The deal will last past my contract expiration. The RedZone even with comcast's deal was going to be 6 a month so I am saving that as well, which brough DTV down to 94 a month. 3 genie systems in house. And what I would never tell DTV is that it will be a cold day in hell before I ever give Comcast, knowingly or directly, a dime of my money.

64 / mo 2 TV's. 1 genie dvr

for some odd reason my genie dvr has crapped recently. extremely slow and when browsing the guide sometimes you cannot see what channel your on because it isn't highlighted.. not sure what to do with it

I was at 105/month

3 TVs hooked up. We actually dropped one TV to lower our cost some when I negotiated.

I have two $10 credits that end in November...they gave me $25 in credits/month for 12 months with no re-up. Offered ST Max at half or RZ free.

Also gave me a one time $25 credit to my account.

My next bill will be about $45...then about $70 for a bit til those other credits run out in November.

As for the questions above about RZ. My first chat gave me nothing like those.

Try again and get the phone # and pin...the chat people won't be able to give you RZ from what I have seen. Some will keep claiming its not available on its own.

When you call, they can give it to you.

My first call to retention a couple of days ago only resulted in an offer of a $100 gift card and $5/month. Told them I'd think about it and called back today and told them to cancel my service.This time they offered $20/month and free Ticket with a 1 yr. agreement. I told her if they would give me Max I'd stay and she wouldn't budge. I again said I'd have to think about it. I should probably be happy with what I'm getting since I've been with them since '07 and have always either ended up with the free Ticket or more than enough discounts to offset the Ticket price. Still, I could switch to Comcast for 24 months and get the same programming package, Red Zone Channel, and much faster internet for $10/month more than what I'm paying directv and then I wouldn't have to worry about next year's haggling. Tough call.
In this senario you take the deal.

On the first Sunday or Second Sunday(they might give max free the first week)you call them up and say your Max is not working. When they tell you, you don't have it, you tell them when you called and made the deal they told you you would have it and they will turn it on like a light switch.

At least they did for me a few years ago when my wife called to make the deal. She wasn't home I thought we made a deal to get it for free(might have been called Superfan then) so I called and said what I told you above. When my wife came home I told her I had to call directtv because MAX wasn't working. That is when she notified me that we were only supposed to get the ticket free.

for some odd reason my genie dvr has crapped recently. extremely slow and when browsing the guide sometimes you cannot see what channel your on because it isn't highlighted.. not sure what to do with it
You red button reset it? Mine had an issue that no matter what you did if you watched over a 1.5 hours straight without touching a button the remote it would go into screensaver. never did get it fixed. Sucked hard during hockey games.

You red button reset it? Mine had an issue that no matter what you did if you watched over a 1.5 hours straight without touching a button the remote it would go into screensaver. never did get it fixed. Sucked hard during hockey games.
have not tried that .. ill give it a go today

im assuming its on the back of the genie

have not tried that .. ill give it a go today

im assuming its on the back of the genie
Nope it's on the front. Right side there is a door that you push on to get it to pop out. open that and there is a red button....push it and you're done.

I have about 6 months left on my contact and the best I could do was $210 for Sunday Ticket Max, so $130 discount. First offer was $290 for max but then they lowered it to $5 off a month plus free Max upgrade. Not great but I'll take it since I'm still under contract.

I'm 2-3 months in to cutting the cord, and so far I'm not missing anything even remotely close to the $200/month I'm saving. I've got WIFI Blu-ray DVD players in all the rooms w/TV, a Roku in one room, and a Chromecast in another. I have Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus, and Netflix, and the family barely skipped a beat with all the options that are available to them. The only thing I added was the Hulu Plus (I already had Prime and Netflix). The only things I can see adding are some antennas to different rooms (I only have an antenna in two of the rooms, but the other rooms don't complain about not having local TV), otherwise I'm golden for the time being.
I would like to get some more input on Roku. We are talking about dropping cable and the wife would like to get Roku. Do you get many worthwhile free channels with Roku? Is is worth the investment? Thanks.

Don't think it is the writing on the wall, but I guess we can't be sure. I have had this happen once before.

I usually have handled it by making sure I'm only have a once a year conversation to beat them up on pricing. This year I had to hammer out a deal to move in Jan, which would not have been a problem. However, they couldn't do the install then due to snow on my high/steep roof, and said to call back & get it done when the snow melted. By the time April came around, their promotions had changed and in order for them to honor our original agreement, they processed it by charging me full boat for everything & crediting it back.

My request to lift the flag has been "escalated", but it is taking time. Will let y'all know the resolution once I know.
Well there seems to be a new sheriff in town.

All of my old discounts are have now dropped off and they will not offer anything in terms of discounts or ST.

Customer since 2003, but seriously considering walking. $380 to cancel since I just got this new genie in April. Gonna have to check what else is out there just on principle though.

I left Direct TV

I called Dish to see what they were offering- FreeHD for 2 tv's , free HBO,Cinemax, Starz, Blockbuster for 3 months, Hopper with the thing that makes it work in two rooms free of charge, $25.00 Visa gift card, Free sports pack, all the channels I wanted, PAC 12 channels ( This was a big one for me, Direct tv does not have Pac 12 channels) All of that for $60.00 and change for as month.

I called Direct tv for a counter offer. Tanya offered me $10.00 a month off of my bill for a year. I told her Dish's offer and she said ok. She made no other offer so I walked.

I have been with Direct TV since 2005 but no more.

I have successfully negotiated with Direct tv in the past. This time I hit someone who was in no mood for negotiations. Combine that with a great deal from dish plus the Pac 12 channel and it was an easy choice to leave.

I left Direct TV

I called Dish to see what they were offering- FreeHD for 2 tv's , free HBO,Cinemax, Starz, Blockbuster for 3 months, Hopper with the thing that makes it work in two rooms free of charge, $25.00 Visa gift card, Free sports pack, all the channels I wanted, PAC 12 channels ( This was a big one for me, Direct tv does not have Pac 12 channels) All of that for $60.00 and change for as month.

I called Direct tv for a counter offer. Tanya offered me $10.00 a month off of my bill for a year. I told her Dish's offer and she said ok. She made no other offer so I walked.

I have been with Direct TV since 2005 but no more.

I have successfully negotiated with Direct tv in the past. This time I hit someone who was in no mood for negotiations. Combine that with a great deal from dish plus the Pac 12 channel and it was an easy choice to leave.
I got the same exact deal as you from DISH but received a $200 gift card. I was about to receive the $25 card but someone in this thread posted a link to receive the $200 gift card

Setup my disconnect to be tomorrow a couple weeks ago.

Called back tonight, told them i was about to start packing up their stuff, but would listen to any promos they had.

Told him I was looking at ATT, Dish... yada, yada. Came away reducing my bill $25/month, NFL Ticket, HD Sports package (regional channels), Movie channels for 3 months.

I was happy. :shrug:

eta - from $86 to $61 monthly

Last edited by a moderator:
Setup my disconnect to be tomorrow a couple weeks ago.

Called back tonight, told them i was about to start packing up their stuff, but would listen to any promos they had.

Told him I was looking at ATT, Dish... yada, yada. Came away reducing my bill $25/month, NFL Ticket, HD Sports package (regional channels), Movie channels for 3 months.

I was happy. :shrug:
Nice deal. You must be one of their important customers. Unfortunately I was expendable

Did the chat and was offered $5/month for 12 months. Got the phone number and PIN as mentioned above. Told them I was comparing Dish and what I currently had and was looking to get RedZone and lower my bill. Ended up getting Redzone for free, $100 gift card and lowered my bill $45/month for 12 months. It did require a 12 month agreement but I hadn't planned on leaving anyway. Had the option of free ST but would've had to pay for ST MAX to get RedZone and I would rather just have the RedZone. Never threaten to leave. Easiest call ever.
:shock: on the bold part.. What plan did you get at $45/month???

We are 90% ready to cut the cable but our auto-pay kicked in so have one more month.. Wife last night said "If they can get the bill at no more then $50 we'll stay, otherwise cancel"

Right now, after the Choice plan, 3 Receivers, local channels and DVR we are paying over $100 a month.. If we can get to $50 or lower then I get to keep NFL Network & ESPN and she gets her FOOD Network and HGTV..

We are 90% ready to cut the cable but our auto-pay kicked in so have one more month.. Wife last night said "If they can get the bill at no more then $50 we'll stay, otherwise cancel"

Right now, after the Choice plan, 3 Receivers, local channels and DVR we are paying over $100 a month.. If we can get to $50 or lower then I get to keep NFL Network & ESPN and she gets her FOOD Network and HGTV..
I was at $132 with zero credits on as of last month. I think that is about the same plan as you had plus HBO.

I was offered $92 for a year, with a year contract. That's 40 bucks anyways. Told them I'd get back to them if I wanted to take that. they wouldn't give me the ticket, only half off.

I was at $132 with zero credits on as of last month. I think that is about the same plan as you had plus HBO.

I was offered $92 for a year, with a year contract. That's 40 bucks anyways. Told them I'd get back to them if I wanted to take that. they wouldn't give me the ticket, only half off.
uggh.. Won't cut it.. It's not that we can't afford $100/month, after all I am a FBG FFA Member ;)

It just has gotten to a point where the wife and I think we have better things to spend $1200 a year on.

If DTV can cut our bill in half we will stay.. otherwise Antenna, Netflix and Amazon Prime here we come.

Did the email to get PIN. Still under contract until March. 7 Year customer.

Was VERY up front... "Using Comcast for internet and they're offering $45 more for TV and voice, GF pays bill and flipped over this month [i have Extra Innings (2 more payments of $33 left) and Sunday Ticket just started]. Basically said "The way you guys have helped in the past was to give us Sunday ticket Max free with a few discounts on top and it smoothed things over.. any chance you guys could work with us again?"

Super super sweet southern gal who could talk the ears off the brass monkey on the other line. Loves football. Went above and beyond digging through every possible discount.

She started talking....

• $66 credit to offset the last 2 months of Extra Innnings free.

• Free Sunday Ticket Max

• $5 off/month for going to paperless billing.
• $10 off/month for something or other

• $5 off/month for something else
AT this point she got confused and said something about some more discounts...

Bill WAS:

Choice XTRA Classic : $75/mo
Equipment Charges: $36.99 (2 HD receivers, Whole home Genie DVR, protection plan, etc)

+ Tax

Bill Now:
$64.95/mo+ tax for everything. Including free Extra Innings (last 2 months) and free Sunday Ticket Max. :thumbup:

SO I THINK I got like $45/mo off in credits plus the $66 one time credit for MLB?

IF so that would mean I got $666 in credits :unsure: PLUS Free Sunday Ticket Max ($330) for a total of ~$1000 in savings?!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know the really ####tie thing about this whole thing is having to negotiate with Directv. There is no loyalty to longtime customers. I have had good success with calling them and negotiating, but I am getting really tired doing that song and dance.

You know the really ####tie thing about this whole thing is having to negotiate with Directv. There is no loyalty to longtime customers. I have had good success with calling them and negotiating, but I am getting really tired doing that song and dance.
:rolleyes:

SHIZNITTTT said:
It is a PITA but from their end you can see why they do it.. My guess is 75% or more never call back in after their initial contract is up..

I'll wear the :bag: myself as we were with Dish network for 6 years and after the first 2 years just kept paying the bills..

It wasn't until we moved to a new house and got DirectTV that the installer told us that after two years we could get the "New Customer" deal again..

$15 discount for 15 months

$10 discount for 12 months

$10 discount for 12 months

$10 discount for 6 months

$5 discount for 24 months

No new contract. $645 in discounts.

Users who are viewing this thread