What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Car nerds: are summer tires really that bad in winter? (1 Viewer)

In Colorado we have traction laws for winter driving. 
At times you must have four wheel drive with snow tires with adequate tread.  At other times you must be chained up or have "snow socks".  this is mostly for the mountains.  CDOT or state patrol makes a call that a code is in effect and you have to stay off the roads if not using adequate, meaning substantial, equipment. for such times I drive a Ram 1500 4 wheel drive with all season radials.  I keep sand, salt, a shovel, a tow strap, chains, a blanket, extra gloves, hat and socks in the vehicle.

i knew who a guy who drank at the tap who when people asked about winter tires would say you wouldnt wear sandals in the snow and he was a total jerkwad that no one liked honestly just a complete jagalope but that stupid saying has stuck in my head ever since so raise one up for ole mick the you know what and enjoy your winter tires take that to the bank bromigo

Started reading this thread and almost pissed myself and puked at the same time by all the comedy. 

Summer tires are dangerous in the winter regardless of tread depth. get a dedicated set of Blizzaks for the winter or if things are tight financially.  Park it until spring ya cheap mofo

Users who are viewing this thread