What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBS Sportsline Experts IDP League (1 Viewer)

ExtremeFajita

Footballguy
I saw this 29-round draft featured at Football Outsiders and noticed John Norton is an owner. I'm curious if John posted an article/blog with some analysis of the draft. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
John hasn't put anything formal together that I've seen.

I was more than a little disappointed in the FO column. Rotoworld wrote a review of the draft a few weeks back, too. All kinds of questionable picks in this draft. To my eye, Norton will need a couple offensive players to play above expectations but should be competitive all season regardless.

Considering tackles are only 1 point I think JN went a bit early to get his coveted LB studs. I loved Patrick Willis in Round 27! With PPR in that league, I felt he waited too long to get WR 2/3. The FO team is in for a rude awakening in regards to Cato June's production this year. Most of those owners could have done with a glimpse of EOTG. If anyone wants to see the draft...

CBS Experts IDP

Considering tackles are only 1 point I think JN went a bit early to get his coveted LB studs. I loved Patrick Willis in Round 27! With PPR in that league, I felt he waited too long to get WR 2/3. The FO team is in for a rude awakening in regards to Cato June's production this year. Most of those owners could have done with a glimpse of EOTG. If anyone wants to see the draft...

CBS Experts IDP
I haven't had time to do any kind of a write up on this draft. Been punching away on the NFC EOTG (Which I hope to have in the editors hands by Sunday night)In hind site I do agree that I jumped too early on the defensive guys. Having never drafted with these owners I had no idea what to expect. When I jumped to defense I had two major thoughts/hopes. First, the offensive positions that I was in most need off (WR/RB) were picked pretty thin. Rather than taking a 20 something RB or WR. I tried to break a new position where I could grab the top player on the board and in the process start a run that would push some of the next tier offensive guys into the next couple of rounds. Obviously that didn't work very well, so when it came back and the offensive guys were that much thinner, I said what the hell, let's see if I can beat them with an all star defense.

In retrospective, this probably took away my true advantage which is knowing the defensive gems that can be grabbed in the late rounds. By the time I realized that a few of these guys weren't the most IDP literate, it was too late to change my approach so I just went with it. This is a strategy I have wanted to try for a long time. Call it an experiment. We'll see if the old "defense wins championships" moniker stands up in the FF world. I took a lot of chances offensively and really need some guys to step up but I do have some very strong #1s on O and I loved landing Betts as my #3 RB. I think he is going to have a big season. One thing is for sure, we know who is going to have the best defense. Lets just hope my offense is better than Oakland's was last year or I may finish just like the Raiders.

Wish me luck. :football:

I'll be rootin for ya :) EOTG was largely responsible for me winning the 1st sharkish IDP league I ever joined last year. Actually, Jean, Sigmund and Matt Waldman are in that league this year so I guess I won't be posting to them for advice anymore! Funny thing is, I can't find mention of this Experts league anywhere on the CBS Sportsline site.

I'll be rootin for ya :rolleyes: EOTG was largely responsible for me winning the 1st sharkish IDP league I ever joined last year. Actually, Jean, Sigmund and Matt Waldman are in that league this year so I guess I won't be posting to them for advice anymore! Funny thing is, I can't find mention of this Experts league anywhere on the CBS Sportsline site.
Help a newbie out. Which team are you?

Who is this guy from FO?

Aaron: This league is completely ridiculous, to be honest. 29 players per team? It seems like the kind of thing that would be fun with your buddies, particularly if you are used to playing in deep baseball leagues. (I play in AL and NL-only "Ultra" leagues, with a dozen teams and up to 40 players including reserves.) However, I’ve always thought that the point of these experts leagues is to be a public example to help fantasy football players get an idea of who they should be drafting, picking up on waivers, and so forth. I can’t imagine anybody out there actually plays in a league that looks anything like this. Who among you owns Channing Crowder or Jerome Harrison on your fantasy team?

is this guy for real? ALL of my leagues are bigger then that...1 is 47players/team the rest are 53players/team and all 5 of those leagues are 16 teamers.

Jene Bramel said:
ExtremeFajita said:
I'll be rootin for ya :lmao: EOTG was largely responsible for me winning the 1st sharkish IDP league I ever joined last year. Actually, Jean, Sigmund and Matt Waldman are in that league this year so I guess I won't be posting to them for advice anymore! Funny thing is, I can't find mention of this Experts league anywhere on the CBS Sportsline site.
FBG

Keg said:
Who is this guy from FO?

Aaron: This league is completely ridiculous, to be honest. 29 players per team? It seems like the kind of thing that would be fun with your buddies, particularly if you are used to playing in deep baseball leagues. (I play in AL and NL-only "Ultra" leagues, with a dozen teams and up to 40 players including reserves.) However, I’ve always thought that the point of these experts leagues is to be a public example to help fantasy football players get an idea of who they should be drafting, picking up on waivers, and so forth. I can’t imagine anybody out there actually plays in a league that looks anything like this. Who among you owns Channing Crowder or Jerome Harrison on your fantasy team?

is this guy for real? ALL of my leagues are bigger then that...1 is 47players/team the rest are 53players/team and all 5 of those leagues are 16 teamers.
He's the reason you all choose FOOTBALLGUYS :thumbup:

John, I agree a better approach in an IDP draft for the IDP literate vs. IDP not so literate is to build your D on the cheap and take advantage of your knowledge of the deeper players ...

Good luck!

Keg said:
Who is this guy from FO?

:yes: As you know, I play in a 32 teamer with no repeats and 47/squad ...

Jene Bramel said:
ExtremeFajita said:
I'll be rootin for ya :yes: EOTG was largely responsible for me winning the 1st sharkish IDP league I ever joined last year. Actually, Jean, Sigmund and Matt Waldman are in that league this year so I guess I won't be posting to them for advice anymore! Funny thing is, I can't find mention of this Experts league anywhere on the CBS Sportsline site.
FBG
:lmao:I ("a newbie") wanted to know what team EF had in the league we're now in together. I'm so bad at this innernet thing.

I'm Cold Canadian BeerIt's a fun league. I'm hooked on the whole "no kicker" rule now. After being inspired by The Audible's auction league podcast I'm planning to put together an auction/keeper/IDP/"no kickers allowed" league in Western NY.

Users who are viewing this thread