What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

cbs.sportsline...is it possible to..... (1 Viewer)

xenon

Footballguy
Just curious. I have read threads before that have discussed this topic and have not really paid attention. Having said that, i do believe it happend over the course of our season and I want to know how one would do that and "cover his/her tracks" ? If anybody can shed some light on this topic, It would be appreciated.

if you go to "my team" then to "transaction report" then to "lineup", you will see all changes made to a lineup, not sure if it shows commissioner moves though

A commisioner can change a lineup of any team at any time. Any such lineup changes can be seen in the transaction report, select lineup type for all teams, then look or any transaction in red lettering instead of the normal black lettering. Let us know if this helped.

I understand this but are there ways for any "former" comissioners to do this and make the change so that it appears as though it was done prior to the system locking?

It doesn't show that the Commish did it, but it does show the time the player was swapped. Week 14 I had Kolby Smith put in for Justin Fargas. The commish could not do it till that night and it shows in the report as a 8 pm transaction.

Hope it helps...

Edit - Commish Moves do show up in red

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand this but are there ways for any "former" comissioners to do this and make the change so that it appears as though it was done prior to the system locking?
more than one owners can have commish priveledges on sportsline.ask the real Commish to double check the settings of the owners.A Commish can also delete the transaction report entry....

more than one owners can have commish priveledges on sportsline.ask the real Commish to double check the settings of the owners.

A Commish can also delete the transaction report entry....
I'm pretty sure this is how such moves are covered up. A co-commish in one of my leagues this year was accused of doing this 5 or 10 minutes after kickoff.

more than one owners can have commish priveledges on sportsline.ask the real Commish to double check the settings of the owners.

I'm pretty sure this is how such moves are covered up. A co-commish in one of my leagues this year was accused of doing this 5 or 10 minutes after kickoff.
I'm a commish for a Sportline league and I can't think of any reason to have this option at my disposal. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm a commish for a Sportline league and I can't think of any reason to have this option at my disposal. Is there something I'm missing?
wow. just checked to confirm that this is true. what a stupid function. there's absolutely no need for it.

i use the delete on the transaction report. i basically use it to delete transactions when i reversed a trade or something else happened that needed to be reversed. the only person that can get away with it is someone with commish powers, so it that person is cheating, he/she shouldn't be the commish.

i use the delete on the transaction report. i basically use it to delete transactions when i reversed a trade or something else happened that needed to be reversed. the only person that can get away with it is someone with commish powers, so it that person is cheating, he/she shouldn't be the commish in the league.
Fixed.

wow. just checked to confirm that this is true. what a stupid function. there's absolutely no need for it.
It has a use in certain leagues with regard to waiver moves and free agent eligibility. Some leagues require dropped players to be out of the free agent pool until the following week. Errors occur or a team may violate the rules on pickups and thus the commish will want to wipe out a record of such dropped player so that it is clear that he can picked back up.It is important to only grant commish access to the active commish (or asst). In some leagues these duties change each year and the settings on who has access must also be reset each year.

i use the delete on the transaction report. i basically use it to delete transactions when i reversed a trade or something else happened that needed to be reversed. the only person that can get away with it is someone with commish powers, so it that person is cheating, he/she shouldn't be the commish.
I use it too. I use it once at the beginning of the year to get rid of all of the previous years transactions.Other than that, it shouldn't be used and really shouldn't be available until your league's season is over.

Wouldn't the commish have to delete more than one transaction?

The first time the players was taken out of his lineup, and then again when he put him back in after his game started.

Who knows, maybe the cheater forgot to delete both.

I don't care what the practical use of the commissioner being able to delete tranaction records could be use for...If you have no idea that it is being used, there is no accountability.

Just curious. I have read threads before that have discussed this topic and have not really paid attention. Having said that, i do believe it happend over the course of our season and I want to know how one would do that and "cover his/her tracks" ? If anybody can shed some light on this topic, It would be appreciated.
I have been a commissioner using cbs for a very long time, here is what I know. First check your league settings, You ask about changing lineups after the games start. I assume you mean after players in the line up have already played. But I had a guy complain a while ago because he did not know you can change your UNPLAYED players after the start of the early games for example. So if your league setting is either 5 minutes before that players game or the start of all games for example. Check that first. Second, once the a game starts for a player he is locked in, the only way for that player to be rotated out after his game starts is for the commish or someone with commish access to make the transaction. Commish access can be given to anyone by the commish, it gives anyone the ability to override on the site.Third Check the transaction log, you will probably have to change the filter to show lineup changes as it normally doesnt do it. It will show all lineup changes with a time stamp, if anyone has used commissioner access to change something after gametime it will show up in red on the trans report, normal moves are black. Fourth it is anyone with with commish access can delete transactions off the record, people get upset with this but it is easy to figure out what happened. If someone with commish access makes a move post gametime, it would show in red, lets say he tries to delete it to cover his tracks, fine, but it will also delete the deactivation transaction of the player that was in there. Example 12/23/07 06:44 am ET Harlem Jazz Fargas, Justin RB OAK - BenchedTaylor, Chester RB MIN - Activated wk16This is a actual example from my league. Lets say he deletes that. But somehow some other player than Justin Fargas is in there. Fargas will show as in his lineup from last week but there will be NO transaction benching him. So in summary, no one leaves or enters a lineup without a bench/activate transaction on the report, you can literally go back and track a teams lineup moves for the entire season if you want to. If you believe a player was subbed after he played or the player he was replacing was subbed out, there will be a red trans, if there is no trans taking the player out he was replacing there has been tampering.There is no way to alter the time stamps.

You can easily cover your tracks with Sportsline.

All you really have to do is make a bunch of pre-deadline changes......then after the games start (and again make your changes...delete them) and just delete the ones pre-deadline that will give you the best lineup. And really the others have no way of proving anything.....while you can show with your pre-deadline lineup changes (the ones you didn't delete) that you had such and such players in your lineup.

Hopefully that makes sense, but it's really easy to do.

I'd take a look at ESPN League Manager....you can't get away with it there & was as good of league product as I've ever played (was free this past year with real-time live scoring).

You can easily cover your tracks with Sportsline. All you really have to do is make a bunch of pre-deadline changes......then after the games start (and again make your changes...delete them) and just delete the ones pre-deadline that will give you the best lineup. And really the others have no way of proving anything.....while you can show with your pre-deadline lineup changes (the ones you didn't delete) that you had such and such players in your lineup.Hopefully that makes sense, but it's really easy to do. I'd take a look at ESPN League Manager....you can't get away with it there & was as good of league product as I've ever played (was free this past year with real-time live scoring).
Yeah if it is premeditated, however this guy said it has been going on throughout the season. You can send a time stamped copy to your self pretty much when ever you want. I find it hard to believe that someone could create numerous transactions for all his players several weeks and go unnoticed.

Users who are viewing this thread