What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chad Johnson,Larry Fitzgerald,TJ Housh, (1 Viewer)

Paprika

Footballguy
How would you rank these three guys going forward?

C.Johnson -has sucked all year. A fantasy bust thus far. Will he turn it around? In my opinion he is the most talented wr in Cinci.

L.Fitzgerald- Solid when he played. But, is coming off an injury (ready to play wk10) + has a rookie qb

TJ Housh- One of the breakout wr's thus far in 2006. But, is he a sell high candidate?

my thoughts are that Leinert will probably be under duress more often than not this year. he'll have a tough time finding anyone not camped out 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.

i'm a TJ owner, but i kind of feel as though Henry is going to steal more from him than from Chad going forward. having said that, i think they're a tossup since TJ has outproduced Chad by so much to this point.

so i'd say Chad/TJ in a dead heat. Fitz bringing up the rear.

Homer info here, just some food for thought.

Here is some interesting stats from a local Cinci sports talk blog about Chad's production or lack of it. (Can't take credit for it.)

http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp

"I was looking at Chad and Carson numbers today.

Thru seven games, Carson has targeted/thrown to Chad 70 times.

That is the 3rd highest total of any WR in the AFC and 7th overall in the NFL.

Receivers thrown to more than 70 times: T.O., Boldin, Holt, Andre Johnson, Coles, Steven Smith

But of those 70 passes from Carson to Chad....they have connected on only 36 passes......51%

Now, that could be the result of a drop by Chad, overthrow/underthrow by Carson, pass break-up, wrong route, whatever......

For comparison:

Peyton Manning has connected with passes to Marvin Harrison 65% of the time this year

Carson has connected with TJ 73% of the time

Chad/Carson's connection rate of 51% does not rate in the top 40 in the NFL."

Fitz doesn't even belong in this discussion IMO.

That hammy injury should give everyone reason to fear that Fitz's typical output could be down ~50% going forward this year. Then mix in a struggling offense with a rookie QB and adjust downward again.

Fitz doesn't even belong in this discussion IMO.That hammy injury should give everyone reason to fear that Fitz's typical output could be down ~50% going forward this year.
Ummm, didn't Steve Smith have a similar injury in the preseason???I'll buy the rookie QB theory a little but I wouldn't drop him that low...

Fitz doesn't even belong in this discussion IMO.That hammy injury should give everyone reason to fear that Fitz's typical output could be down ~50% going forward this year.
Ummm, didn't Steve Smith have a similar injury in the preseason???I'll buy the rookie QB theory a little but I wouldn't drop him that low...
...and Randy Moss had a similar injury two years ago, which resulted in ~50% of his normal receptions and yards for the final 6 weeks of the year.Like I said, you *could* be looking at a half-Fitz from here on out because of the injury. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

As others have alluded, Fitz is the wild card. He could bounce back like Smith, TO and Ward did this year from the hammy or he could have it recur like Moss did. I think if you need immediate production and want the safe play you lean towards CJ and Housh. If you are looking towards the playoffs and upside I'd gamble on Fitz.

Last edited by a moderator:
As others have alluded, Fitz is the wild card. He could bounce back like Smith, TO and Ward did this year from the hammy or he could have it recur like Moss did. I think if you need immediate production and want the safe play you lean towards CJ and Housh. If you are looking towards the playoffs and upside I'd gamble on Fitz.
1/ TJ2/ C.Johnson3/ L.Fitzgerald (too many questions)

I agree. I actually have all 3 of these guys in one of my local leagues. Traded for Fitz right after the injury for a few reserves/starters with limited upside. Fitz is the wildcard no doubt. I've been starting the Cincy WR's, which has been OK to date, primarily because my league is PPR. If the Bengals O has a really off week, I'm dead.

I agree. I actually have all 3 of these guys in one of my local leagues. Traded for Fitz right after the injury for a few reserves/starters with limited upside. Fitz is the wildcard no doubt. I've been starting the Cincy WR's, which has been OK to date, primarily because my league is PPR. If the Bengals O has a really off week, I'm dead.
Hamstring could go either way. He could light it up (although he has a rookie qb who has been looking at Boldin a ton) or the injury could come back to haunt him.It'a a tough call on Fitz.

Users who are viewing this thread