What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Championship Monday Night (1 Viewer)

Multiple leagues...

-I need SJax to not be outscored by Dawson by 7 (.5PR).

-I need SJax to score less than 19 (PPR)

-I need Roddy to score less than 7 (PPR)

I am thinking 1 out of 3.

I am up 15.75 against Frank Gore in PPR. He is literally projected for 15.5. I am dying.

He doesn't catch passes, but ATL is a total joke. If he goes over 100 and a score I am done, and if he catches a couple passes he wouldn't even need to score.

I need Boldin not to outscore Kaepernick by 20 or more.

Seeing as how Boldin has only put up 20+ twice and both weeks was outscored by Kaepernick, I basically need Kaepernick to not get hurt.

Would you hedge and split in my scenario? I am up 15.75 against Frank Gore in PPR. Other guy is offering it. I am leaning towards pansying out and taking it. Gore has only gone over 15.75 3 times this year, but looking at the schedule this is the worst run defense he will face all year.

In a nothing league (12 teams, $50 entry, just a group of friends), I need Vernon to outscore Boldin + Dawson by 21, .5 ppr. Ain't gonna happen, and I don't care after losing my big $$$ league tonight.

I need like 50 from Dawson and the SF D... :topcat:

But in the other I have Gore and he has Vernon and Im up 20 in TD only scoring.

Would you hedge and split in my scenario? I am up 15.75 against Frank Gore in PPR. Other guy is offering it. I am leaning towards pansying out and taking it. Gore has only gone over 15.75 3 times this year, but looking at the schedule this is the worst run defense he will face all year.
Any opinions here

He would need 88 yards and a td and I lose, or 128 yards rushing no td. If he catches a pass or two, that would mean 60 yards and a td could beat me with a couple catches. (>50 yards rushing is a bonus point, >100 yards is 2 bonus points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any opinions here
Need more info...how much money...do you really need it...what type of league?

Any opinions here

He would need 88 yards and a td and I lose, or 128 yards rushing no td. If he catches a pass or two, that would mean 60 yards and a td could beat me with a couple catches. (>50 yards rushing is a bonus point, >100 yards is 2 bonus points.
You play all year to get to the final game, you get there and then....pansy out? No way. Man up, grow some stones and roll the dice.

Im down by 3 ...i have Dawson and he has Gore...but heres the thing....over the last 6 games Dawson has scored 84 points and gore has scored 52...thats a 32 point swing in my favor...its far from over

In one he has Dawson... and I'm up by 54. It's ovah! :D

In another I have 49ers D...and I'm down by 36. It's ovah! :topcat:

In a third it's a two-week championship, and he has Ryan and 49ers D in the first leg. Hoping they have pedestrian nights. :tebow:

Any opinions here

You play all year to get to the final game, you get there and then....pansy out? No way. Man up, grow some stones and roll the dice.
Haha. Well, my league actually splits money for points and then playoffs, so I am actually already taking home half the pot. Playoff 2nd also gets money, its just first gets 400 more...

Going against Gonzalez and Boldin and up by 49. As long as they don't do anything crazy, I'll be OK.

I'm up 50 and he still has A Bolden and R White left. As long as Romo lives the life lesson is no lead is to big.

Up by 20 but facing Crabtree & the SF Kicker. PPR. Guess my chances are a little lower than 50/50.

What's worse is being in a different time zone and having to go bed worrying about it before the game starts. I stayed up till 4am last night watching the Bears/Eagles which was agony (50pt lead was reduced to 20). I can't put myself through it again 2 nights running. Expect I'll wake up in the middle of the night and check my phone. What a way to win or lose the championship (and $500) :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Need Vernon Davis to not get outscored by 19 against Frank Gore

Need Roddy White to outscore Phil Dawson by 4

Need Vernon Davis to not get outscored by 15 against Kap

In 4 finals. One W in the books. Another W barring a big miracle (up 60). 2 are probably L's. One I need Boldin to outscore Davis+SF D. The other I need 32 points from SJax+Dawson in non-PPR. This last one's a bummer because it will be the 3rd 2nd place finish in 4 years in this league. Oh well. Here's to some more cheap TDs for SJax.

Up 35.9, facing Kaep and Vernon Davis tonight. Not liking my chances, they always kill me in any league I have ever played either of them.

down 15 in standard and have Gore and Dawson. 8 times out of 10 I get it but you never know.....nervous as hell....going for my name on the trophy for the 6th time in 11 years in my big money keeper league.

Up by 10 with Dawson still to go. He's got Kaepernick. Need some INTs (-3) and a few stalled drives to make this happen.

The reason I went with Dawson was just in case of this very scenario, having a small lead going into Monday night and needing to negate his QB. Looking at the season-long history, Dawson+10 beat Kaepernick in 9 of 16 weeks. But the other 7, pretty much blown out of the water. :sadbanana:

Down by 4 points, I have to choose between Crabtree and Roddy in ppr. I am pretty sure I am going with Crabtree.

Users who are viewing this thread