What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chicago @ Green Bay - Who Wins? (1 Viewer)

Who wins this game?

• Green Bay by less than 7

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • Chicago by less than 7

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Green Bay by more than 7

Votes: 28 28.3%
  • Chicago by more than 7

Votes: 17 17.2%

• Total voters
Lets be honest, no rivalry is better than this one. This is probably going to be a better game than in the past because Chicago finally has weapons and the Packers aren't invisible.

Capers has complex blitzes/schemes which are fun to see.

Tice did a good job in Week 1 and who knows what he has in store.

In the end, I just want it to be a good game.

Good luck to all

Not going to give a score but the outcome will be by less than a TD. Probably even less than a field goal. It's a marquee game on Thursday night. Loving it!

Seems unanimous so far:

Green Bay by less than 7 (2 votes [25.00%])Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Chicago by less than 7 (2 votes [25.00%])Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Green Bay by more than 7 (2 votes [25.00%])Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Chicago by more than 7 (2 votes [25.00%])Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted Chicago by more than 7... honestly the Packers looked down right terrible on defense last week. Against a much weaker offense in the 49ers. Chicago while not quite the 49ers level of defense are still a solid defense. I could see this game being high scoring for sure, if I had to give a final score projection I'll say 42-31 Chicago.

I voted GB more than 7. Bus is getting filled up with a lot of Bears backing. Thinking the Pack win by 14

31-17

Voted Chicago by more than 7... honestly the Packers looked down right terrible on defense last week. Against a much weaker offense in the 49ers. Chicago while not quite the 49ers level of defense are still a solid defense. I could see this game being high scoring for sure, if I had to give a final score projection I'll say 42-31 Chicago.
I think you are downplaying just how good the 49ers are.GB 34-27

GB wins by a nice margin. They are not going to go 0-2
People keep saying this...based on what? Their o-line is bad (about as bad as the Bears), they can't run the ball and their secondary is one of the worst in the league, in company with the Pats and Giants. Rodgers is a great QB - but he cant block for himself and be the leading rusher. And he can't cover Brandon Marshall or Alshon Jeffrey either.I don't mind discussing the matchups and talent, but to simply say something like "The Packers are NOT going to go 0-2", like there is somehow a football rule that prevents teams that have been good in the past from getting worse over time, makes no sense. That's like saying CJ?K is going to rush for 100+ yards this weekend cause he hasn't in a while. The problem is you could have said that many games last year...and been wrong 75% of the time.

I read somewhere that Jermichael Finley had 4 TD's against the Bears last year. If they can't cover the middle with Finley and Cobb/Jennings, it could be interesting. I imagine it's an area of the field the Packers intend to test early and often.

The 49ers offense is not "much weaker" than the Bears. The Bears have improved at WR of course, but are not materially better than SF at QB, RB, or WR and the 49ers have a better O-line plus an elite TE. I'm excited, hoping for a good one. The Packers have proven they can win without a running game, but I really hope we don't see ARod as their leading rusher in the box score again tonight. The Packer defense is baffling. They have to improve significantly or this team won't make the playoffs this season. I don't know if they've got it in them. If I were betting the ML I would take the Packers but would definitely take the 6 points if forced to bet the line.

I read somewhere that Jermichael Finley had 4 TD's against the Bears last year. If they can't cover the middle with Finley and Cobb/Jennings, it could be interesting. I imagine it's an area of the field the Packers intend to test early and often.
This is correct - and the reason for my concern if Urlacher and Tillman are less than 100%.ETA: But also the reason I am starting Finley over F. Davis. :conflicted:

The 49ers offense is not "much weaker" than the Bears. The Bears have improved at WR of course, but are not materially better than SF at QB, RB, or WR and the 49ers have a better O-line plus an elite TE.
Seriously? Wow. MAYBE at RB they are close. Cutler or Alex Smith - Cutler is not materially better? You wouldn't strongly prefer Marshall/Jeffrey/Bennet/Hester over R. Moss/Crabs/K. Williams/Manningham? :rolleyes:

The 49ers offense is not "much weaker" than the Bears. The Bears have improved at WR of course, but are not materially better than SF at QB, RB, or WR and the 49ers have a better O-line plus an elite TE.
:confused: Jay Cutler>Alex Smith

Matt Forte/Michael Bush>Gore/Hunter

Marshall/Jeffery/Hester/Bennett>Moss/Manningham/Crabtree/Williams

I agree SF is better at TE/OL

Seriously? Wow. MAYBE at RB they are close. Cutler or Alex Smith - Cutler is not materially better? You wouldn't strongly prefer Marshall/Jeffrey/Bennet/Hester over R. Moss/Crabs/K. Williams/Manningham? :rolleyes:
Cutler has more of a shot to put up bigger numbers...but he is also much more wreckless with the ball than Smith has been lately.And OL is a pretty big piece to all of this.

I still have to shake my head that Mark Sanchez had more TD's last year than Jay Cutler has EVER had in a single season.

(still sinking in)

I still have to shake my head that Mark Sanchez had more TD's last year than Jay Cutler has EVER had in a single season.(still sinking in)
He also had more TDs last year then Vick, Cam or Flacco has EVER thrown in their careers. I'm not sure I see what you are trying to say here. That the Jets running game sucked last year? ;)

I still have to shake my head that Mark Sanchez had more TD's last year than Jay Cutler has EVER had in a single season.(still sinking in)
He also had more TDs last year then Vick, Cam or Flacco has EVER thrown in their careers. I'm not sure I see what you are trying to say here. That the Jets running game sucked last year? ;)
Message boards have taught me that Mark Sanchez is the worst QB ever. So, if Jay Cutler has never had a season with more TD's than the worst QB ever than it's safe to say that:Packers > BearsElementary my Dear Watson! ;)

I'm mostly just taking issue with the "much weaker" characterization. I don't think there's much separating the Bears offense from the 49ers. Really has very little to do with the game tonight. The Packers will have to play better than they did last weekend to have a chance tonight. As stated, I'm excited about this one.

There is no way Green Bay starts the season 0-2 at home. Mark it down in bold letters.
There is no way a 15-1 team with a first round bye would lose to a wildcard team.....There is no way that team would lose the home opener after preparing all offseason....

I'm mostly just taking issue with the "much weaker" characterization. I don't think there's much separating the Bears offense from the 49ers. Really has very little to do with the game tonight. The Packers will have to play better than they did last weekend to have a chance tonight. As stated, I'm excited about this one.
Fair enough. I think that tonight's game is going to define how the rest of Chicago's season will go.

A key element in this game is that Chicago knows GB but I'm not confident that GB knows The Bears. Lots of new personnel plus Mike Tice running the Offense and giving Cutler the power to audible. In the end, a Cutler mistake will prove to be the difference in a close one. Any word on Jennings yet?

A little game history:

Bears lead all time 92-86-6.

Pack started 1-7-3, so since then (post 1928) it's been 85-85-3.

Less than 100 points difference in 178 all time games, Bears lead 3098-3010.

Pack has won 4 straight, 6 of 7, 7 of last 9.

Out of those last 9, only one game has been decided by 3 points, one game decided by 6, the rest by 7 or more.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=gnb&tm2=chi&yr=all

I voted Pack by less than 7, but given all this I think the Bears are due and it will be by more than 7.

But I'll be pulling for the Packers. And Cobb who I'm starting.

Users who are viewing this thread