What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Henry (WR)--Does he get much playing time this week? (1 Viewer)

chicken

Footballguy
With the BAL DB's banged up, does Henry do anything this week? The Bengals and this Henry owner need some points this week from the WR3 position.

EDIT to show that Rolle is out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we saw what Nate Washington did to the #3 DB last week... although both starting corners were out, which means he was against the #5 Db...

depends on the health of the ravens secondary, and if Henry can not get arrested before Sunday.

I don't know. I am just so hesitant to start a WR3 in a crucial game. He hasn't played team football since December 06' What can we seriously expect right now?

I don't know. I am just so hesitant to start a WR3 in a crucial game. He hasn't played team football since December 06' What can we seriously expect right now?
the layoff does'nt even concern me. i expect the same as usual when he plays 2 -4 catches . The question is for 80 and 2 scores or 35 and none

With the BAL DB's banged up, does Henry do anything this week? The Bengals and this Henry owner need some points this week from the WR3 position.EDIT to show that Rolle is out.
do you have a link saying rolle is out?I read a report on rotoworld yesterday saying that both rolle and mcallister could play this week.

With the BAL DB's banged up, does Henry do anything this week? The Bengals and this Henry owner need some points this week from the WR3 position.EDIT to show that Rolle is out.
do you have a link saying rolle is out?I read a report on rotoworld yesterday saying that both rolle and mcallister could play this week.
(Rotoworld) Ravens CB Samari Rolle (illness) has been ruled out for Week 10.Impact: Corey Ivy gets another start. The Ravens are hopeful Chris McAlister (knee) will start against the Bengals, but that's no guarantee. With Chris Henry back in the lineup, Baltimore is going to have matchup problems on Sunday.

Has he been listed as WR3 on the depth chart? Holt has played well. It seems TJ and CJ will play.

considering that TJ and CJ are sitting out on the typical Thursday, I would say he is getting alot of reps in practice.

WR's are a different breed when it comes to the plug and play aspect.

I would suspect Cincy to throw alot this game, so I see a decent game from Henry. 80yds and a TD,

big ben threw 5td in the rain.

palmer might have a huge game and i want henry in my lineup.

starting henry with confidence as part of my comeback...i'm pumped to see what the kid can do, i just wish baltimore could get their offense going so the game stays closer, keep the ball in the air

Baltimore's Run D will force Cinci to pass the ball alot. Considering how awful Cinci's defense is maybe baltimore's terrible offense can make this a shootout. But I am starting Henry with confidence, i'm expecting perhaps 2 scores and 80-90 Yds.

From KFFL:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravens | Sapp expected to play Week 10

Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:48:07 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of The Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens FS Gerome Sapp (thigh) was limited in practice Thursday, Nov. 8, but is expected to play Week 10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravens | Reed expected to play Week 10

Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:47:49 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of The Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens FS Ed Reed (head, neck) was limited in practice Thursday, Nov. 8, but is expected to play Week 10.

Ravens | Pittman not expected to play Week 10

Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:47:21 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of The Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens CB David Pittman (head) did not practice Thursday, Nov. 8, and is not expected to play Week 10.

Ravens | McAlister uncertain to play Week 10

Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:46:58 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of The Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens CB Chris McAlister (knee) was limited and did not finish practice Thursday, Nov. 8. McAlister said he is day-to-day. He is uncertain to play Week 10.

Cincy WR Henry back in practice amidst report of incident

CINCINNATI (AP) — Receiver Chris Henry allegedly was involved in an altercation with a parking attendant on the eve of rejoining the Cincinnati Bengals from his eight-game suspension.

Henry practiced with the Bengals on Wednesday and will be eligible to play Sunday in Baltimore. Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended him for the first half of the season for repeatedly violating the NFL's conduct policy.

The third-year receiver stayed out of trouble during the suspension and was allowed to practice with the team for the last two weeks. He sat out a 33-21 loss in Buffalo on Sunday that dropped his last-place team to 2-6.

On Tuesday night, police in Newport, Ky., a suburb on the other side of the Ohio River within view of Paul Brown Stadium, were called to an entertainment district following a dispute over a parking fee.

A parking attendant told police that Henry and another man parked their sport-utility vehicle without paying. According to an incident report, the attendant said Henry argued loudly with him and said, "Don't you know who I am?"

The attendant told police that Henry threw a $5 bill on the ground, but it was returned to him and police were called.

No charges have been filed. Police told 35-year-old Jason Baker of Bellevue, Ky., that he could file a complaint with prosecutors if he wanted to pursue the matter. A message seeking comment was left with Baker on Wednesday.

The Bengals were aware of the report but had no comment, noting that no charges had been filed.

When Henry talked to reporters after practice Wednesday, he agreed to answer questions about football only. Henry, the team's No. 3 receiver, took some of the blame for Cincinnati's poor showing during his absence.

"I realize it," he said. "That's why it was killing me not being able to play. I kind of feel I let my teammates down by getting suspended."

Coach Marvin Lewis was non-committal about how much Henry might play in Baltimore. Receiver Chad Johnson practiced Wednesday despite a stiff neck, and receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh sat out with a sore knee but is expected to play.

Henry's teammates were glad to have him back, and knew what he had to do for the rest of the season.

"Just stay out of trouble," running back Rudi Johnson said. "He doesn't have to prove anything on the field. We all know what he can do. All we need for him to do is just be on the field and be with us, and everything will be fine."

Henry worked out with the starting offense Wednesday for the first time since training camp. Quarterback Carson Palmer has sensed a difference in Henry since he got his eight-game suspension.

"He's on a short leash and he knows that," Palmer said. "He's had to change a lot of things in his life, and has done a phenomenal job. It was so hard for him to be standing around for eight games and watching games on TV and watching from the sidelines.

"It just tore a hole in his heart, and I think he's really realized how much he loves football and how much he's missed it. It's just great to see him out there smiling and running around and to see him happy again."

The 6-foot-4 receiver is one of the Bengals' best options near the end zone, scoring nine touchdown last season in only 13 games. He also has the speed to get open deep.

Houshmandzadeh expects a more dangerous offense now that Henry is back.

"Obviously, it would help us," he said. "I think the coaches just might open up the play calling a little more, anyway."

Asked what he learned during his suspension, Henry said, "I've been sitting back and going through this little stuff, my little suspension or whatever, and I've had a lot of time to sit down and think about everything. I'll be back out here giving it my all."

:lmao:

Pumped-In Noise, IN: Matt, is Chris Henry (WR) a good start this week? He has been practicing for 2 weeks and BAL's D just gave up 5 TDs to Big Ben.

Matt Pitzer: Yes, I think he is a pretty good play - especially with Chad Johnson limited by his neck injury as well. He is not an elite play, but if you need perhaps a third receiver, he is a good pick. To address another question on my list, I would play Chris Chambers over Henry but Henry ahead of Aaron Moorehead.

:cry:

Baltimore, MD: How's Ocho Cinco looking these days? I have to decide between starting him or Chris Henry or B. Marshall. What do you think?

Matt Pitzer: That's a tough one. I would wait to see Johnson's status between now and the end of the day Friday. If all sounds relatively normal, I probably would play him. If you have any doubts, play Henry over Marshall. Like I said, though, even if Johnson plays, I still like Henry.

:bag:

Houston, TX: Patten or Chris Henry(wr)...who would you pick up?

Matt Pitzer: TD league - Henry. Yardage or PPR league - Patten.

:nerd:

:bag: just somethin` to add

As a Carson owner, I hope they ALLL play! I think Punk Henry will probably have a good day against the Baltimore defense, which will then make Henry snatch a coke out of a little childs hand and pour it over some lady in a wheel chair's head. All the while screaming "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM??" :hot:

Seriously, I am surprised how low some ratings are on Palmer this week. He should throw enough TD's to make all WR's a good play because they sure as heck arent going to run on them, and they need big plays to keep the Balty crowd out of it.

Baltimore's Run D will force Cinci to pass the ball alot. Considering how awful Cinci's defense is maybe baltimore's terrible offense can make this a shootout. But I am starting Henry with confidence, i'm expecting perhaps 2 scores and 80-90 Yds.
Just curious here, you see Henry with 80-90 and 2tds... so you see CJ and TJ with what? 150 each and 2-3 more scores? or will Palmer suddenly stop looking for the 2 guys he has had all year and instead look for Henry? You do realize TJ has scored every week of the season, he is the only player to do so. That is a nice bold prediction, but I would say way outta the park unless he catches a 70 yard score. He may get a TD, but Housh has caught TD's from all ranges this year including many short ones that Henry used to get. I think he will get about 5 looks and about 35-50 yards and zero tds. I think the main reason will be when it's 3rd and whatever Palmer will be looking for someone he can depend on and that is TJ and CJ. Obviously we are both just "guessing" and his may end up being more than mine, but in his first week back, I personally just do not see it. If anything, I see Henry's presence taking some of the pressure off TJ and CJ. Just mho.

Maybe it's a sign of their desperation or frustration, but the Bengals are counting on the return of No. 3 wide receiver Chris Henry from an eight-game NFL suspension to add life to an underachieving offense.

Henry completed his eight-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy and is expected to play a lot in Sunday's game at Baltimore.

The Bengals are 2-6 overall, 1-2 in the division.

In 2006, nine of Henry's 36 receptions finished in the end zone.

"Touchdowns, baby, a lot of touchdowns," tailback Rudi Johnson said when asked what Henry's return means. "A good thing about him is he has fresh legs. He might have the freshest legs in the NFL."

Henry missed eight games this season on suspension and three last year — two from the league and one from coach Marvin Lewis. What does Henry have to prove to his teammates upon his return?

"Just stay out of trouble," Johnson said. "He doesn't have to do anything on the field. We all know what he can do and bring to the table offensively. All we need him to do is be on the field and be with us, and he'll be fine."

Henry has practiced with the team for the past two weeks. His absence as a threat at third receiver has allowed opposing defenses to double-team starters Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh — even though they are statistically having good years.

"Henry can give us that balance with the third guy on the other side," offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski said. "What the Jets did to us, they could never have done if Chris had been there. They left that one guy (the third receiver) one-on-one the entire day, and I would have thought if Chris had played, we would have eaten them up."

There are some concerns about the level of Henry's physical condition, though he might be forced to play more against the Ravens because of Chad Johnson's health. Johnson is expected to play but was limited in practice Wednesday, less than 72 hours after suffering a harrowing neck strain at the end of the Buffalo game.

Johnson wore a padded neck roll in practice, the result of the injury suffered when he was hit by two Bills defensive backs.

Henry has seen defenses beat up on his fellow receivers.

"I've been watching the games," Henry said Wednesday after practice. "Those guys are getting doubled. It's not as easy. Hopefully I can help out when I get back out there. It was killing me watching my teammates playing and me not being able to be out there with them."

In each of the past two games and three times in eight starts this season, the Bengals offense has scored 14 or fewer points.

"Obviously, it will help us. The aspect it might help us in is the coaches just might open up the play-calling," Houshmandzadeh said of Henry's return.

Henry is a deep threat and can stretch the field. He averaged 16.8 yards a catch in 2006 and has a 15.3-yard career average.

Baltimore's secondary is depleted. Starting cornerback Samari Rolle (illness) is out. The Ravens struggled, albeit on short fields, in allowing five first-half touchdown passes at Pittsburgh on Monday night.

:unsure:

WR Chad Johnson continues to decline interviews with media that cover the Bengals.

But fellow WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh and QB Carson Palmer said they expect to see Johnson on the field late Sunday at Baltimore.

"Chad looked great. He ran around, caught a bunch of balls, was going full speed and looked good," Palmer said Wednesday. "Hopefully he keeps feeling good and looks good for Sunday."

:football:

GAME PLAN: The Bengals have proven their ability to pass the ball on the Ravens, who were victimized by five Ben Roethlisberger touchdown passes in the first half Monday night at Pittsburgh. The Bengals will throw, and the return of Chris Henry as the third receiver should help against an injury-depleted secondary. :football:

he'll also be in my lineup. although big ben did have to make some great escapes and throw on the run. and that was with a good offensive line.
I'm plugging Henry in over Bruce and Stokley. I don't know, that Baltimore secondary really is banged up...like others have said, Big Ben had his way with them in the rain. I guess we'll see.

Im taking a punt at starting him this week at #3WR as I have Welker, Cotchery on byes. and Branch nursing the injury. Im not expecting a HUGE day but he is a big target in the red zone with his height so I am HOPING for anything arond 30-40 TD, good for a plug n play #3... if he isnt arrested by then.

ESPN was saying that Rolle was going to play this weekend...

ESPN was saying that Rolle was going to play this weekend...
It looks like he will be out for a while.By Len PasquarelliESPN.comUpdated: November 8, 2007, 12:19 PM ET The reoccurrence of an undisclosed illness that already has forced cornerback Samari Rolle to miss four games this season will sideline the Baltimore Ravens' standout 10-year veteran again this week...Baltimore officials already have ruled Rolle out of Sunday's home game against Cincinnati and there remains no definitive timetable for his return. I don't like playing him the first game back from a suspension, but the signs seem to point to a nice week. Look what Nate Washington did to them last week from the WR3 spot. Add to that the fact that the CIN defense is swiss cheese and this game could include a lot of passing.

Here are the reasons I am thinking of starting Chris Henry this week.

1. He is good (last year and the preseason). (In my league he scored the 20th most pts of WR in 2006 despite playing only 13 games.)

2. He has a great matchup against a depleted and burned Baltimore secondary.

3. I think most important, the team appears to be focusing on his return to give them a big boost.

Cinci is a discouraged team and it looks like they are putting a lot of hope in getting the team back on the comeback with Henry joining the team. Look at quotes from team members.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bengals/home.htm

"Touchdowns, baby, a lot of touchdowns," tailback Rudi Johnson said when asked what Henry's return means. "A good thing about him is he has fresh legs. He might have the freshest legs in the NFL."

"Henry can give us that balance with the third guy on the other side," offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski said. "What the Jets did to us, they could never have done if Chris had been there. They left that one guy (the third receiver) one-on-one the entire day, and I would have thought if Chris had played, we would have eaten them up."

"Obviously, it will help us. The aspect it might help us in is the coaches just might open up the play-calling," Houshmandzadeh said of Henry's return.

I have read quotes from Palmer and Marvin Lewis as well about their looking forward to Henry's return.

I have been trying to decide between starting Heath Miller or Chris Henry.

Its interesting in comparison, in the USA article about the Steelers, there is not one mention of Miller. Though I believe he will have a good game as well because Cleveland has given up the most pts to TE of any team. But Miller certainly isn't the focus of the offense. Besides, Pits can run against Clev, Cinci cannot against Balt.

Henry could be the focus of the Cinci team this week.

If Henry has a big game and Cinci wins, then in their minds they have a jolt of confidence for the rest of the year. So it could reap good benefits for Cinci to focus on Henry, and he has a great matchup, so they should be successful.

Just read:

"Offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski says that Henry will play Sunday in his return from a suspension, but he's not sure how much, the Bengals' official site reports. "I think he found out today he's not in as good of condition as he thought," Bratkowski said Wednesday."

I went to the Bengal Website and listned to their podcasts and am not getting a warm and fuzzy from them either. Lewis says when prompted optimistically by the reports about Henry something to the order of, "He will get a chance to play some and we will see how it goes." He wasn't all googley about Henry's return.

I am wondering if they are either trying to sandbag the Balt defense or they realistically not that optimistic about how much of a factor he is going to be this game. It may be as well, that it is more the reporter's prompting, driven by hope from the fans, that was leading to the postive statements about Henry than the coaches' thinking.

Personally, I think I am going back to my decision to use a more steady performer with less upside for this week. The coaches may have sandbagged me as well, but I have a comfortable lead in my matchup projection, so I am probably better served by a few sure points and likely won't need a huge payoff. If I were projected to have a loss I may be more inclined to go with the risk and hope the coaches weren't giving out their true plans.

. "I think he found out today he's not in as good of condition as he thought," Bratkowski said Wednesday."I went to the Bengal Website and listned to their podcasts and am not getting a warm and fuzzy from them either. Lewis says when prompted optimistically by the reports about Henry something to the order of, "He will get a chance to play some and we will see how it goes." He wasn't all googley about Henry's return.
Interesting... your making me wonder now too... one thing that makes me keep henry in is that my opponent has Palmer.

Palmer Happy to have Chris Henry Back --

Sun Nov 11, 2007 --from FFMastermind.com

Fox Sports' John Czarnecki reports Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer is looking forward to having WR Chris Henry in the lineup, giving him another option.

:(

Sounds like palmer will be looking for him

he'll also be in my lineup. although big ben did have to make some great escapes and throw on the run. and that was with a good offensive line.
I'm plugging Henry in over Bruce and Stokley. I don't know, that Baltimore secondary really is banged up...like others have said, Big Ben had his way with them in the rain. I guess we'll see.
Man, I have the same decision with Henry and Stokley and an hour before gametime I still can't make up my mind :kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread