What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Ivory (1 Viewer)

I had this guy benched for Hightower but started him 45 minutes before kickoff thanks to all you clowns pimping him up. :ptts:

Last edited by a moderator:
Feeling good so far about leaving him on my bench for Robinson. Powell and Ridley and have been more involved every week. Ivory has just one TD in his last 6 games.

The only bright side for me is that Marshall is only a point ahead of Ivory in my matchup. I am lucking out based on matchup but man this is depressing. Took gio out 5 minutes before game. Had my wife and kids pick between Ivory and Powell and they chose Ivory. Obviously they are conspiring with my opponent. Can't trust anyone.

The only bright side for me is that Marshall is only a point ahead of Ivory in my matchup. I am lucking out based on matchup but man this is depressing. Took gio out 5 minutes before game. Had my wife and kids pick between Ivory and Powell and they chose Ivory. Obviously they are conspiring with my opponent. Can't trust anyone.
In the same boat here. Need him to get 7 more rushes.

You're taking input on your playoff lineup from your wife and kids and you are going to ##### about it?

You're taking input on your playoff lineup from your wife and kids and you are going to ##### about it?
I took input from a bunch of dumb dumbs on this board. Is that really any better?

I need a jets loss but ivory to be huge
Why do you need a Jets loss?
Money
Gotcha. I was thinking you were referring to Steelers playoff chances in which case this game is irrelevant (I think)
how would this game be irrelevant when they are tied and likely only one of them gets in?
Because of tiebreakers. Even if the Jets had lost to Dallas, the Steelers still need to win out to make it in. If they had the same record and the Jets only loss was to the Cowboys, the Jets would win the tiebreaker over the Steelers. If they have the same record and the Jets only loss is to the Bills or Pats (and the a Steelers only loss is not to Cleveland), the Steelers win tiebreaker. Thus, a Jets loss last night is not really that meaningful to the Steelers.

Money
Gotcha. I was thinking you were referring to Steelers playoff chances in which case this game is irrelevant (I think)
how would this game be irrelevant when they are tied and likely only one of them gets in?
Because of tiebreakers. Even if the Jets had lost to Dallas, the Steelers still need to win out to make it in. If they had the same record and the Jets only loss was to the Cowboys, the Jets would win the tiebreaker over the Steelers. If they have the same record and the Jets only loss is to the Bills or Pats (and the a Steelers only loss is not to Cleveland), the Steelers win tiebreaker. Thus, a Jets loss last night is not really that meaningful to the Steelers.
That's counting on the Jets beating the Pats though which would be an upset??

If Pitt wins 2 or 3 (likely), and Jets beat the Bills but lose to the Pats (likely), then NYJ's last nights loss to Dallas is what gets Pitt into the playoffs.

I took input from a bunch of dumb dumbs on this board. Is that really any better?
It's really not any better in the grand scheme of things. I can't tell if I trolled Connskins with my exaggerated family story or if he trolled me with his response. Either way I had already decided to start Ivory without the family poll which was just for fun. And I really don't think they conspired against me. It's too close to Christmas and they wouldn't jeopardize losing their gifts from me.(tongue in cheek Conn)

Regardless, I still think Ivory was the safer move last night and could have ended up with 12 points or so if a couple of things went slightly differently. Can't beat yourself up for starting him.

Deamon said:
fred_1_15301 said:
Deamon said:
fred_1_15301 said:
belljr said:
fred_1_15301 said:
belljr said:
Money
That's counting on the Jets beating the Pats though which would be an upset??If Pitt wins 2 or 3 (likely), and Jets beat the Bills but lose to the Pats (likely), then NYJ's last nights loss to Dallas is what gets Pitt into the playoffs.
Well yeah but my point was that even if the Jets lost to the Cowboys, they still would have to lose to the Pats or Bills for the Steelers to make it without winning out. Thus, either way the Steekers either win out or they lose one and hope Jets lose to one of the AFC teams. While the loss to the Cowboys would have been funny, it makes no difference to the Steelers.

Users who are viewing this thread