What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think the Saints he might get some action. But let's face it, he's going to be active for garbage time in the New England game at home the following week. They are going to get housed. He's going to have one of those 12-75 games and score late. Then they go into the bye and emerge with Michael as the starter.
And he's going to get better when they get Romo and Dez back.
Lots of wishful thinking about a player who hasn't done anything in their first 2 years in the league that was traded for a peanut.
How much would Demarco Murray have done if he had been in Seattle the last two years?
Enough to not have an argument if he's too talented to keep off the field. Plenty of 2/back systems in the league.

I agree. I think the Saints he might get some action. But let's face it, he's going to be active for garbage time in the New England game at home the following week. They are going to get housed. He's going to have one of those 12-75 games and score late. Then they go into the bye and emerge with Michael as the starter.
Lots of wishful thinking about a player who hasn't done anything in their first 2 years in the league that was traded for a peanut.
How much would Demarco Murray have done if he had been in Seattle the last two years?
Enough to not have an argument if he's too talented to keep off the field. Plenty of 2/back systems in the league.
Lol......no

Cool story bro.

Lol......no
yes

Sure there is. But no chance behind Lynch. Seattle ran lynch into the ground. Might be regretting it now with his injuries finally piling on.

Who let this thread drop to the bottom of the page?

Are we going to have to wait until Sunday night to see if CMike is active?

Technically, it was a conditional peanut I think...

Well I'll be at the game on Sunday. The Cowboys are going to run more than Darrell Royal I suspect. Though the Saints' run D numbers probably look bad (150+\gm ru & rec) they really haven't given up any one single big game to Ellington, Martin or Stewart or allowed any big runs. They have given up just under 100/gm rushing, and are right in the middle of the pack for FFPA/gm to RBs (17th) and a good bit of that came from David Johnson's breakaway garbage time TD reception in game 1 (considering that was about an 11 point play IIRC aside from that the Saints FFPA to RBs has been on par wit hthe Jets and Bills in the top 10). The pass rush has typically been non-existent and they just essentially canned their starter at DE for taking plays off, but Weeden is less apt to take advantage of that. It is a time of turmoil. Brees will be back and the natives are restless. Sunday night in the Dome is raucous. We know Dallas will need big plays. The only place that came from last week was from Randle, if the Saints stop that the Boys will have to do *something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dion Lewis says hi.
Aside from the fact that he didn't do much for the first few years of his career, Dion Lewis is a very different situation.

He didn't do much largely because he was injured. He also has been with the Pats for the entire off-season, and was built into their game plan from the start.

You can't say either about Michael.

I gotta be honest. A little too much optimism for a lot of you guys:

"garbage time 12/75/1 against NE"

"starter after the bye"

"Doing big things when Dez/Romo get back"

Look, I've got the guy in both my leagues, I basically ask Sig every week if his stance has changed, I think he has a lot of talent, but we should ease back on some high expectations.

We know Randle is a mediocre talent, DMC is a bust, and Dunbar is just another body - All good stuff for Michael... What we don't know is how talented he'll be IF he gets a chance. A lot of guys are supposed to be stars and flame out. He hasn't even been active, so we should just hope for that, hope for 3-5 touches, and take one baby step at a time.

Dion Lewis says hi.
This thread has gotten so useless now. Who cares about Dion Lewis? As Fat Nick said completely different scenarios (Nick you forgot that BB >>>>>>>>>>> Jason Garrett at getting the most out of his team too) and couldn't be more different in terms of RBs. For any argument you can find an example. So, because of Dion Lewis that means every 6th round QB is Tom Brady? Go check out the TRich thread. Every single RB who ever changed teams in a trade or had a bad first two seasons was listed as the argument why TRich would turn it around. Guess what, TRish is TRich, not Thomas Jones. Same here, Demarco Murray was a very talented RB last year. Yes, the OL was good, but he was a great RB and I am pretty sure it is a really weak argument that he would have sat behind Lynch too in 2014 like Michael and thus Michael = Murray. Murray would have played a lot last year if he was on Seattle.

Anyway, I digress, but Dion Lewis saying hi is so meaningless in every way, especially since it couldn't be a worse comparison of coaching/team scenarios mixed with 2 completely different styles of RBs.

I'm looking forward to him playing at some point so we can end this horror show of a thread with 99% junk and 1% actual news.

ETA: By the way, I own Michael on the team I have Randle, so I'd like nothing more than if Michael became all worldly, I just know that only Michael can actually make that happen, not Dion Lewis, who actually has no impact on the Dallas RB situation amazingly enough.

Just pointing out how pointless the "hasn't done anything in their first 2 years in the league" observation is. You'd miss out on a lot of great opportunities if that's your hard-and-fast rule. Lewis is just one example.

Dion Lewis says hi.
This thread has gotten so useless now. Who cares about Dion Lewis? As Fat Nick said completely different scenarios (Nick you forgot that BB >>>>>>>>>>> Jason Garrett at getting the most out of his team too) and couldn't be more different in terms of RBs. For any argument you can find an example. So, because of Dion Lewis that means every 6th round QB is Tom Brady? Go check out the TRich thread. Every single RB who ever changed teams in a trade or had a bad first two seasons was listed as the argument why TRich would turn it around. Guess what, TRish is TRich, not Thomas Jones. Same here, Demarco Murray was a very talented RB last year. Yes, the OL was good, but he was a great RB and I am pretty sure it is a really weak argument that he would have sat behind Lynch too in 2014 like Michael and thus Michael = Murray. Murray would have played a lot last year if he was on Seattle.

Anyway, I digress, but Dion Lewis saying hi is so meaningless in every way, especially since it couldn't be a worse comparison of coaching/team scenarios mixed with 2 completely different styles of RBs.

I'm looking forward to him playing at some point so we can end this horror show of a thread with 99% junk and 1% actual news.

ETA: By the way, I own Michael on the team I have Randle, so I'd like nothing more than if Michael became all worldly, I just know that only Michael can actually make that happen, not Dion Lewis, who actually has no impact on the Dallas RB situation amazingly enough.
I wish this thread had one tidbit of news every two pages...

Dion Lewis says hi.

True, I posted in here early right after the trade, but then realized it wasn't worth it anymore and I own him. I thought I might come in and see something about "real" first team reps or actually being active, but similar blurbs from the same reporters who want to be right and don't really lose anything if they are wrong.

Man it's such a shame about Dion Lewis. Talented guy. If only he hadn't been 100% invisible for the first four years of his career he might have amounted to something.

News breaks afternoons in Dallas Wednesday - Saturday. I'm trying to stick to that and post here, and even stick just to what Cowboy staffers say on audio because I've caught them being misquoted, mostly embellishments, in print. :shrug:

Trying to find any news about him traveling to NO... By now, I'd bet they know if he will be active or not.

FWIW, this guys says it'll be Lucky Whitehead inactive if Michael goes, although he mentions he doesn't expect much this week even if he is active.
Well he'd likely travel with the team even if he was ultimately made inactive. The official declarations aren't made until 90 minutes before kickoff and even if the plan today was that he'd likely be inactive, what if Darren McFadden or Joseph Randle tweaked a hamstring during warm-ups? He'd need to be there.

Trying to find any news about him traveling to NO... By now, I'd bet they know if he will be active or not.

FWIW, this guys says it'll be Lucky Whitehead inactive if Michael goes, although he mentions he doesn't expect much this week even if he is active.
Well he'd likely travel with the team even if he was ultimately made inactive. The official declarations aren't made until 90 minutes before kickoff and even if the plan today was that he'd likely be inactive, what if Darren McFadden or Joseph Randle tweaked a hamstring during warm-ups? He'd need to be there.
This thread would double in 17 minutes?

I'm almost done listening to the podcasts from this week and Michael just came up. It's a tossup between Collins and Whitehead on who would be in active for this week.

Collins only because Larry is coming back and it's ought to dress eight offense of Lyman but then again they can rely on Collins and they like how he's been playing lately.

Whitehead seems the prime candidate because so far they haven't even used it and a lot of people are questioning why he's on the team if they're not going to use him him?

Whether he's active or not this week it's eventually coming. This dude is been on one of my rosters for the better part of the past three years and #######it I'm not getting rid of him now!

I'm almost done listening to the podcasts from this week and Michael just came up. It's a tossup between Collins and Whitehead on who would be in active for this week.

Collins only because Larry is coming back and it's ought to dress eight offense of Lyman but then again they can rely on Collins and they like how he's been playing lately.

Whitehead seems the prime candidate because so far they haven't even used it and a lot of people are questioning why he's on the team if they're not going to use him him?

Whether he's active or not this week it's eventually coming. This dude is been on one of my rosters for the better part of the past three years and #######it I'm not getting rid of him now!
I don't understand Whitehead's role on the team. Is it special teams? Small guy, seems like he's redundant to what Beasley brings.

The Saints have often used 5 RBs (including FB) in the past with all getting in the game, it's just not how the Cowboys seem to roll. I would think Collins graded well last week after those big runs but what is the report on him, how'd he play?

Very run heavy makes a lot of sense for the Cowboys right now.

This thread is genuinely perplexing me. In the SP spectrum of threads, I feel like it's somewhere between Tebow (mostly schtick, some clueless true believers) and Arian Foster just before he was Arian Foster (obviously fantasy gold).

I dumped Michael and Khiry Robinson for Rawls and Mathews. Cost me 25% of my budget, so it probably defines my season to a significant extent. With roster limits you just have to take a stand and hope you made the right bets. It will burn if Michael becomes this year's CJ Anderson though, especially if he kicks my ### in the playoffs.

That's why this game is so intriguing, you can look at something a million different ways and have no better answers than before you started.

I don't understand Whitehead's role on the team. Is it special teams? Small guy, seems like he's redundant to what Beasley brings.

The Saints have often used 5 RBs (including FB) in the past with all getting in the game, it's just not how the Cowboys seem to roll. I would think Collins graded well last week after those big runs but what is the report on him, how'd he play?

Very run heavy makes a lot of sense for the Cowboys right now.
Collins is still missing the chemistry that Leary brings. Leary is a dominant run blocker also. He has been taking 1st snaps now that he's back also. Collins will grow to be a very good guard but Leary should continue to start. Most people think it will be lucky or clutts IF Michael is active.

Why u gotta bring up old shiz?
LOL @ calling out Faust. You do realize he's the single biggest asset on this forum right?
I'm new here and have no idea who's who, so no. So far though, posting day old articles isn't doing much for me in the news department.
Welcome to FBGs. Just sit back, relax and watch the magic happen.

And most importantly, be excellent.
Thx. Long time podcast listener. Wife got me an account here for my bday. So far I'm loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread