What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Anderson (1 Viewer)

Hillman's actually been pretty average in terms of fumbling -- about 1/70 touches. But just looked and Anderson's only had one fumble in 350 touches. That's awfully good.

HA! I dropped him so of course I'm bitter. But the guy is very inconsistent. He wasn't having a banner day until the Pats Hightower went down. We shall see....Hey congrats to those who stuck with him and started him.

Last edited by a moderator:
HA! I dropped him so of course I'm bitter. But the guy is very inconsistent. He wasn't having a banner day until the Pats Hightower went down. We shall see....Hey congrats to those who stuck with him and started him.
He was consistently bad, and now he's becoming consistently good. Big difference.

BTW he was looking good from the very start of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
He had 3 knocks against him earlier this year...

1. Peyton demanded the offense to be run from the gun, making it harder to run the ball

2. He was injured

3. He wasn't the clear lead back.

1 and 2 are now gone. 3 is still an issue.

He was a perfect buy low prior to this game. I got him for a 2nd last week, which will be mid to late. He is just 24 and had an awesome run at the end of last year, so it was worth the risk imo. I have Crowell, K. Williams and Draughn, so I didn't start him this week. However, I felt as if he had been trending up for the last couple of weeks. Considering my crappy options, I'll probably start him next week.

Yesterday was the first time all year I didn't start him due to Coleman getting the start. Yes my running backs are thin.

Really excited to see if yesterday was legit or another anomaly. We all kind of saw this once before during the Packers game and then he proceeded to fade away again.

Own him in 5 leagues. Started him in zero. Seems to finally be back...but can we trust him going forward???????
Only with Brock at QB.
Brock is able to do things Peyton couldn't do from a moving pocket like boots and waggles that Brock can which opens up the running game. This is a really good development for CJ. Add in Brock recognizing the defensive alignment and audibling to a run play that won the game. Hillman is fine for limited outside the tackle use but he's not a lead NFL RB. Every time they attempt to make him thee-guy he gets injured.

Cecil interview CJ yesterday on his ESPN show.

-------------------------------------

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-cecil-lammey-show/id1005110166?mt=2&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

C.J. Anderson with Cecil LammeyReleasedDec 01, 2015

Broncos RB C.J. Anderson joined Cecil Lammey to weigh in on his season and the teams win over the Patriots.

Word is the Broncos are going with Hillman (no source, just a friend of mine in Colorado Springs saying that is the word).

I think Anderson has looked better recently.

How many touches will he get? He's looking better and the offense is looking better but he isn't getting near the volume he got last year because of Hillman.

Isn't it hit or miss who gets the big plays in this backfield. Sometimes both, sometimes one, sometimes none.

Full fledged RBBC.

Word is the Broncos are going with Hillman (no source, just a friend of mine in Colorado Springs saying that is the word).

This is ridiculous. If your friend is saying that's the word, then that isn't the word -- that's what your friend is saying. Source it or it didn't happen.

This is ridiculous. If your friend is saying that's the word, then that isn't the word -- that's what your friend is saying. Source it or it didn't happen.
Rotowire is reporting the same, as well as cbs sports. Here is a link.

Hillman will start doesn't scare me away from playing CJ. I think Kubiak likes the competition within both pushing each other and both playing fairly well right now. Sharks like the upside of Anderson a tad better than Hillman is what I hear. Most sites have CJ ranked higher even though Hillman is supposed to start. So go figure...

Since the bye 6 weeks ago...

CJ Anderson = 6.3 ypc

Ronnie Hillman = 3.67 ypc

I know it's a very simplistic look at the situation but that's a wide margin over the course of nearly a 3rd of the season. Even if you throw out CJ's last game, he's still at nearly 6 ypc since the bye. Just saying...he's starting to look like that downhill runner that was breaking off big game after big game down the stretch last season. Especially nice matchups the next 2 weeks as well.

Starting isn't the same as getting the bulk of carries. We've seen there's little to no significance in who starts for DEN recently.

CJ Anderson = 6.3 ypc

I know it's a very simplistic look at the situation but that's a wide margin over the course of nearly a 3rd of the season. Even if you throw out CJ's last game, he's still at nearly 6 ypc since the bye. Just saying...he's starting to look like that downhill runner that was breaking off big game after big game down the stretch last season. Especially nice matchups the next 2 weeks as well.
Agreed. But now he's getting about half the volume as last year.

CJ Anderson = 6.3 ypc

Agreed. But now he's getting about half the volume as last year.
Yeah, which guy is the nominal starter is irrelevant.

The issue, and risk, is potential workload.

I could have swore I saw out of the corner of my eye that CJ had been named the starter on the scroll on ESPN just a half hour or so ago. Can't find anything to back that up.

GD it.

Now my hopes are up again. This has to be some kind of cruel joke. Kubiak did spend a lot of time coaching under Shanahan after all.

*sigh*

Almost feel like I have to use him this week, and in key last week of regular season games where I can't afford a mistake. WHile all signs point to a big week, if he lays an egg I'll be so friggin pissed.

Ok Kubiak, you SOB. Now I have the best RB on the team. You screwed me over for years handing the ball off inside the 10 with Andre Johnson on the team. You better run the ####### football.

ive been playing FF for a long time ...and over the years you learn things ...and in cases like this ive learned to exercise patience ...people panic and make bone head moves and knee jerk reactions ...usually if one waits 4 to 6 weeks things pan out ...if i had a dollar every time i dropped a good player out of frustration and that player was picked up by someone else and played the way expected , id have a lot of money in my wallet
hoping this is now ringing true

I dropped him early in the year and now my opponent is starting him over Gurley.... Oh the humanity!
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Gurley is trending down, CJA is trending up.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to do this as well. I don't feel good about it though...
Me neither. Really need this win and Gurley is one those matchup proof starters... or he's supposed to be.

Users who are viewing this thread